PDA

View Full Version : PREMIUM lll MENU ISSUES

Marv
10-04-2014, 11:03 AM
I have a few problems with this menu. First i guess is after scanning AMC8 and attempting to save the motor settings to my V Box using DISEQC 1.2 as soon as I entered the posistion number I lost all signal from that sattelite. Reboot no help. The only way to get signal back is to turn the motor settings off and exit the setup menu.
Another thing, I haven't figured out is how to select all to delete all the cannels from a sat. at one time. Rather than ticking each channel separately. Before I figured out how to scan only one sat at a time I started a scan on amc8 and had thee sats ticked. I walked off and left it while it was scanning and when I came back I had a mess. Of course the satellite couldn't move so So it scanned amc8 4 times. Tv channels was not bad to delete, But I had about 900 radio stations to ge rid of. Later I thought maybe I could jus have deleted the TP's.
Wel lthats my story. If anyone has any insight I could sure use some input...

Costactc
10-04-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm presently using my x2 III on c band with a standalone positioner so I haven't tested my unit with a diseqc motor for a while. When blind scanning scroll down to the sat you want to scan and cursor right to set up your scan perameters, cursor left to the sat again and press the yellow button and only the sat you have selected will scan and only once. I have never attempted to delete all channels but I'll give it a shot and report back later.

Costactc
10-04-2014, 02:08 PM
The only way I see to deleting all channels from a sat would be to actually delete the whole sat. There is the red button which says all in the delete menu but it doesn't do anything when you press it.

el bandido
10-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm presently using my x2 III on c band with a standalone positioner so I haven't tested my unit with a diseqc motor for a while.
You should not need to connect or to have an actuator on the dish to replicate the problem.
Simply add some diseqc 1.2 positions as if you had a Vbox connected to the receiver and see if you get the same results as post#1.

Costactc
10-04-2014, 04:04 PM
You should not need to connect or to have an actuator on the dish to replicate the problem.
Simply add some diseqc 1.2 positions as if you had a Vbox connected to the receiver and see if you get the same results as post#1.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

cpr43
10-04-2014, 08:14 PM
I have a few problems with this menu. First i guess is after scanning AMC8 and attempting to save the motor settings to my V Box using DISEQC 1.2 as soon as I entered the posistion number I lost all signal from that sattelite. Reboot no help. The only way to get signal back is to turn the motor settings off and exit the setup menu.
Another thing, I haven't figured out is how to select all to delete all the cannels from a sat. at one time. Rather than ticking each channel separately. Before I figured out how to scan only one sat at a time I started a scan on amc8 and had thee sats ticked. I walked off and left it while it was scanning and when I came back I had a mess. Of course the satellite couldn't move so So it scanned amc8 4 times. Tv channels was not bad to delete, But I had about 900 radio stations to ge rid of. Later I thought maybe I could jus have deleted the TP's.

Radio Channels can be easily erase using Menu/ System Settings/ Database Reset/0000/ Delete Radio Channels

Marv
10-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Thanks Carlospr43 for the tip on the radio channels, Thats good to know . I'll check back later and see if anything turns up on the Vbox problem. Thanks for the help everyone..

cpr43
10-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Thanks Carlospr43 for the tip on the radio channels, Thats good to know . I'll check back later and see if anything turns up on the Vbox problem. Thanks for the help everyone..

You're Welcome!!:th_thumbs20up:

Marv
10-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Well after being up untill 2:30 this morning without any luck today I thought I would try to do something with the KU side. So I set up the usals and entered the lnb type entered my long. &Lat. set my port and scanned AMC1 sat. came up with no program found. Took a look at the dish an it had moved so rebooted and tried again. This time it scanned the two Huntington beach channels. But when I tried to look at them I got a no signal flag. So thought I would try and tweak the dish a little by changing the motor to diseqc 1.2 When I bumped the dish to the west it went to the east and when went east it went west. Now I thought maybe I had a motor Problem So hooked an old S9 I had and tested with that. Everything worked as it should. I went ahead and re-scanned AMC1 and got the Huntington channels at S=85 Q=73. Then I disabled the Motor so It coudn't move. Booted the X2 lll and disabled the motor control in that. re checked my settings and shut it off with the main switch. coneected my lnb cable back to the set and booted. I rescanned AMC1. It scanned the channels but when I tried to view them I got a no signal flag.
Went back to the dish setup menu and at the according to the signal meter I had a S at 90 and a Q at75. Got out of the menu and but still no signal when I tried to view the channels. Went back to the setup window and now there was no signal showing at all. So I give up. I also could never get to the internet . No Youtube no nothing. I was able to connect one time and do the upgrade. Also when I was in the System Information window I can click on the red Auto Genuine Button and it does connect and tell me My Device Is Genuine. This is the same with hard wired or wifi connection. I thought maybe the firmware I loaded from the net was corrupted so went back to Legit and downloaded from there and installed it but made no difference I'll post a screenshot od the sys info file maybe someone can take a look and see if something shows up there. When I received the box it hade a slight bulge on the top, Maybe be something Exploded in there huh? LOL....

Costactc
10-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Me thinks you may be right, my unit came banged up also but I have not experienced those issues.

cpr43
10-05-2014, 05:26 PM
What you have experienced is not ussual with any stb. I should recommend to pack it up and send it back for a replacement, something is wrong

el bandido
10-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Well after being up untill 2:30 this morning without any luck today I thought I would try to do something with the KU side. So I set up the usals and entered the lnb type entered my long. &Lat. set my port and scanned AMC1 sat. came up with no program found. Took a look at the dish an it had moved so rebooted and tried again. This time it scanned the two Huntington beach channels. But when I tried to look at them I got a no signal flag. So thought I would try and tweak the dish a little by changing the motor to diseqc 1.2 When I bumped the dish to the west it went to the east and when went east it went west. Now I thought maybe I had a motor Problem So hooked an old S9 I had and tested with that. Everything worked as it should. I went ahead and re-scanned AMC1 and got the Huntington channels at S=85 Q=73. Then I disabled the Motor so It coudn't move. Booted the X2 lll and disabled the motor control in that. re checked my settings and shut it off with the main switch. coneected my lnb cable back to the set and booted. I rescanned AMC1. It scanned the channels but when I tried to view them I got a no signal flag.
Went back to the dish setup menu and at the according to the signal meter I had a S at 90 and a Q at75. Got out of the menu and but still no signal when I tried to view the channels. Went back to the setup window and now there was no signal showing at all. So I give up. I also could never get to the internet . No Youtube no nothing. I was able to connect one time and do the upgrade. Also when I was in the System Information window I can click on the red Auto Genuine Button and it does connect and tell me My Device Is Genuine. This is the same with hard wired or wifi connection. I thought maybe the firmware I loaded from the net was corrupted so went back to Legit and downloaded from there and installed it but made no difference I'll post a screenshot od the sys info file maybe someone can take a look and see if something shows up there. When I received the box it hade a slight bulge on the top, Maybe be something Exploded in there huh? LOL....

How is this X2 receiver being connected to your antenna system? Are you replacing a receiver that is working or have you added this X2 receiver to an antenna system that has other fta receivers connected to it?

Marv
10-06-2014, 02:47 PM
I have only this box connected to the system. The second test box is on the same system. All I do is swap the lnb input from one to the other . The rest box is an s9 and works with no issues. I have had several boxes over the years. Fortec, Pansat , Sonicview S9 , S10 and others. I've Worked with satellite for over 20 years so I'm not a novice. This is then first box I've had so many problems with. Just thought maybe someone had an answer. I've connected this box directly to the system bypassing the switch. I can't pull my hair out beause I have none left LOL. Guess I will take Carlospr43's advice and see about getting it replaced. Thanks for the comment, But I think I have covered all the bases.

el bandido
10-06-2014, 04:03 PM
I ask you the same questions I would ask myself. Always start at the lowest point or most basic stuff and then work towards things that are more complicated. Many times people will add things to the antenna system, thinking everything is correct when it is not. Having seen this several times makes me ask basic questions when there is a problem.

I do not have a premium 3 receiver, but would expect it to work with diseqc motor or positioner. Maybe some that do have the Premium 3 will test it with a positiner and USALS motor to make sure that the issues you have are not firmware related. It would be bad to send it back only to receive another that has the same issues. If the premium 3 works fine receiving a single satellite when connected straight to the dish antenna, and without using any diseqc 1.2 or USALS commands, or any switch commands, then I would suspect that the hardware is OK and the firmware is bad.

eastof111
10-06-2014, 07:36 PM
I'd offer to check, but can't until I get my RC problem resolved.

Marv
10-06-2014, 09:52 PM
El bandido, I didn't mean to offend you. I just wanted you to know I wasn't a newbe. I ask myself the same questions you ask me. Infact several times. The only problem is I have no answers LOL. I requested an RMA today but I'l l hold off returing it untill maybe Eastofill has a chance to run some tests. The last thing I want to do is return the box. I done another reset on it to night and programed in a couple of ku sats. The cable is connected directly to the HH Motor. The Motor is working fine I just tested it with my S9. One thing I did notice is after scanning AMC1 I went in and disabled the motor so I could test scan the S9 without the motor moving. After disabling the motor I exited out of the menu back to the channel screen my singnal dropped completly out.. So went back in and turnd the moter back on and the signal returned.. Quit for tonight will try and run more tests tomarrow.. Thanks for the input.

el bandido
10-07-2014, 04:50 AM
No offense taken!

Don't know what to now suggest because it may be a while before East gets his straightened out.

Costactc
10-07-2014, 05:41 AM
I will hook my unit up today on ku band using diseqc and test it out.

Costactc
10-07-2014, 09:55 AM
I hooked my x2 III up to my 4' ku dish. I started at Amc 6 at 72w and inserted all the necessary info and a blind scan came up empty. I manually entered the NBC mux info and scanned it in without any issues however a susequent blind scan came up empty again. I attempted to move the dish to SB at 78w and it did that flawlessly but still no channels on a blind scan and even the TVO tp yields no signal. I exited out and in a few seconds the dish moved back to Amc 6. I will add all my American arc ku sats later on and report back.

Costactc
10-07-2014, 12:55 PM
I've gotten to Ses 2 at 87w and the dish is moving flawlessly in between sats. The only issue I'm having is that blind scan on ku with a universal lnbf doesn't work if you change the default scan from 10700-12750 to 11700-12200. However, it does do a fast blind scan if you just leave it at the default scan setting.

el bandido
10-07-2014, 01:12 PM
What about diseqc 1.2 settings? Have you tried entering some of those as a test, and do you get the same results as post#1?

Costactc
10-07-2014, 01:33 PM
I'll give diseqc 1.2 a shot as well as I have been using usals up till now, I'm blind scanning Galaxy 19 at the moment and will move to G16 using diseqc 1.2.

Costactc
10-07-2014, 02:07 PM

As long as you use the yellow button, only that satellite will be scanned and only once. I attempted to move the dish using diseqc 1.2 and unfortunately this receiver doesn't move the dish. All my attempts at getting back to Galaxy 19, using diseqc 1.2 and manually failed. I would say that the x2 team really need to look into this issue. I also noticed that when you save a satellite position in the motor menu that you cannot assign another number to another sat, it just keeps the same number for all saved sats.

I switched back to usals and sent the dish back to Amc 6 and dish movement was flawless. I would suggest you change your motor settings to usals and report back if you have any further issues.

ViP3R
10-07-2014, 04:37 PM
As long as you use the yellow button, only that satellite will be scanned and only once. I attempted to move the dish using diseqc 1.2 and unfortunately this receiver doesn't move the dish. All my attempts at getting back to Galaxy 19, using diseqc 1.2 and manually failed. I would say that the x2 team really need to look into this issue. I also noticed that when you save a satellite position in the motor menu that you cannot assign another number to another sat, it just keeps the same number for all saved sats.

I switched back to usals and sent the dish back to Amc 6 and dish movement was flawless. I would suggest you change your motor settings to usals and report back if you have any further issues.

Thanks Costa,

I have reported this and also directed them to this thread to read.

Marv
10-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Thanks from also costa, I feel better knowing tthere must be some firmware issues.

Marv
10-07-2014, 10:18 PM
el bandido, I think I've found a way to duplicate the loss of signal problem I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Marv
10-08-2014, 02:46 PM
El bandido, I have 3 things to mention. 1. about the signal drop out. I found that if I scan in a sat. with the motor things are normal , But if for some reason I shut the motor off the signal still shows up in the setup menu but when I exit back to the channel the signal drops to zero. This is also true if I scan with the motor off and then turn it on. I have this happen on both e C band and kU.
2. When I turn the motor on for one satellite it turns on for all sats. Same when I turn it off. Both C band and KU. I have found no way to choose seperatly.
3. If I try and bump my HH motor east or west using diseqc 1.2 the motor goes bacwards. select East it goes West and visa versa. I have the cable connected directly to the HH motor nothing else on the cable. I have three motorized systems set up and have the same results with all three. Howerver my other receivers work normal when connected.

Costactc
10-08-2014, 02:52 PM
That's why I suggested you use usals.

Marv
10-08-2014, 09:29 PM
I have two KU 4' stationary dishes set up on AMC21 and G18 because these sats are weak for me. I had attempted to shut the motor off on those two dishes. I guess it wouldn't matter if I left them set to USALS there not going to move anywhere anyway..

el bandido
10-08-2014, 09:40 PM
The developers of the Premium 3 have seen this thread so you can expect them to address the motor problems.

ViP3R
10-09-2014, 07:57 AM
The developers of the Premium 3 have seen this thread so you can expect them to address the motor problems.

Yes EB, they are aware and told me it is indeed a firmware problem and that they are working to fix the motor and signal loss issue in the next 3-4 day's.

For Marv, if you are still unhappy with the box a full refund will be issued if you wish, just send me a PM and I will send you a RMA.

Thanks guy's for all the input. ;)

cpr43
10-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Indeed , we're working hard to solve this issue and others in the old X2 II, you can expect a new firmware in a couple of days!! :thumbup:

Costactc
10-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Indeed , we're working hard to solve this issue and others in the old X2 II, you can expect a new firmware in a couple of days!! :thumbup:

New firmware has been released but I'm not quite sure what issues were addressed. I uploaded from the internet with my x2 III and it is dated October 8.

cpr43
10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Already posted by Vip3r with released notes. Motor issues will be addressed soon.

Costactc
10-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Already posted by Vip3r with released notes. Motor issues will be addressed soon.

Actually Carlos, this post was before Viper posted the file. No biggee.

cpr43
10-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Sorry!!:agree:

Marv
10-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Vip3r, I' m Going to hang on to the receiver. Sounds like they are hard at work to fix the glitches.

Costactc
10-10-2014, 06:00 AM
Sorry!!:agree:

No problem at all my friend. I do like the fact that there have been 3 firmware releases addressing these issues and I haven't had the receiver for a month yet, awesome support.

cpr43
10-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Vip3r, I' m Going to hang on to the receiver. Sounds like they are hard at work to fix the glitches.

Just FYI, a new firmware was released today , look for the PIII files section. Let us know if your problems were taken care.

Marv
10-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Thought I posted earlier, But must have screwed it up and didn't post. I didn't have any luck with the Oct. firmware. There was no text file with it as to what the fixes might be. Going to set it on the shelf and wait for the next update.

cpr43
10-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Thought I posted earlier, But must have screwed it up and didn't post. I didn't have any luck with the Oct. firmware. There was no text file with it as to what the fixes might be. Going to set it on the shelf and wait for the next update.

Can you post detailed results?? There were 2 releases in Oct, did you load latest oct 16?? Oct 16 did have releases notes as to fix the motor issues

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
10-27-2014, 05:21 PM
He has already posted detailed results in the other thread. Does he need to repeat his results here?
Either the motor works correctly or it does not. A positioner or ku diseqc motor is Not needed to replicate some of the problems he has described. You may check the diseqc 1.2 issues for yourself to see if they are fixed.

Firmware should have id numbers. It really helps to tell us what the firmware id is that you have loaded rather than referring to it as the last or latest firmware.

cpr43
10-27-2014, 05:29 PM
If he give us some inputs as with the new release we can feed back X2. Have no idea what have he found on the new one. No need to repeat. We're humans , only computers and electronic devices repeat their self, Sorry , I need inputs to feed the source!

Marv
10-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Didn't know there were two firmware releases. The one I installesd was X2-Premium-lll-SW-16oct-2014. The problems I had were after programing 3 or 4 C band sats. And assigning location numbers 1-4 then going back to the position menu all had reset to 0. Also had problems locking up on boot. Would boot up to just a few dashed lines on display, With a blank screen. Never even showed splash screen. After several hard boots finally got a message on my hd monitor Can't display this format. So I connected a portable composite monitor to it and was able to see a partial screen. with a little guess work I got into the av output settings was able to cycle through the resolution settings didn't help.. I only seen 50 hz. settings there no 60. Was able to find my way into the
database reset and reset it on reboot it all came back. By that time I had a headache so gave it up. lol.....

cpr43
10-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Didn't know there were two firmware releases. The one I installesd was X2-Premium-lll-SW-16oct-2014. The problems I had were after programing 3 or 4 C band sats. And assigning location numbers 1-4 then going back to the position menu all had reset to 0. Also had problems locking up on boot. Would boot up to just a few dashed lines on display, With a blank screen. Never even showed splash screen. After several hard boots finally got a message on my hd monitor Can't display this format. So I connected a portable composite monitor to it and was able to see a partial screen. with a little guess work I got into the av output settings was able to cycle through the resolution settings didn't help.. I only seen 50 hz. settings there no 60. Was able to find my way into the
database reset and reset it on reboot it all came back. By that time I had a headache so gave it up. lol.....

Hello Marv
Way to many issues with your box. Haven't experienced any of those issues. How do you load the Oct 16 file?? USB or Internet Update??? Try doing an Internet Update and do a Factory reset after loading to see if some of the problems goes away. Unplug the power cord for a few seconds and plug back. Try all over again and see. Meanwhile I'll forward your inputs to X2. Let us know results. :bigthumbup:

Marv
10-28-2014, 09:38 PM
I reloaded The firmware tonight using live update. One improvement I did find was that I can now connect to the net as before I couldn't. No more time right now but first chance I get I'll program 3 or 4 Cband sats and let you know how it goes.

Marv
10-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Spent more time on this tonight and this is what I came up with. When I assign a few numbers I have to exit the motor menu and go into the Dish Settings menu and change to a different satellite, Then when I go go back into the motor menu, Then the correct position number shows up. But by going to the top Satellite menu in the Motor Settings menu and toggle to different satellites it does not display the imformation for the sat. that you toggled to. This seems strange to me. Another thing I noticed is that even with the Transparency settings turned off the channel list menu appears that it is at about 50% transparancy?

cpr43
10-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Spent more time on this tonight and this is what I came up with. When I assign a few numbers I have to exit the motor menu and go into the Dish Settings menu and change to a different satellite, Then when I go go back into the motor menu, Then the correct position number shows up. But by going to the top Satellite menu in the Motor Settings menu and toggle to different satellites it does not display the imformation for the sat. that you toggled to. This seems strange to me. Another thing I noticed is that even with the Transparency settings turned off the channel list menu appears that it is at about 50% transparancy?

New inputs forwarded to X2, Thanks

Marv
11-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Not much luck so far with the Nov. Firmware. Attempted to scan in a couple of C band sats. I don't get any signal when going through a swich I tried 4 different swiches and different ports. Do get signal when the switch is bypassed. But the quality is some what irratic. I checked my cables and connections there wasn't any problem there. I disonnected the lNB cable from the Permium lll And connected it to my Premium ll and everything works normal. The LNB and LNB power settings are correct. This doesn't leave much to test. I have to assume that the tuner is weak enough that the signal loss from the switch is enough to kill the signal completly. Would be nice if someone else could verify the problem. At this point I have to think that my problems go deeper than firmware.

Marv
11-06-2014, 11:06 PM
This weekend I'll reinstall the Oct. Firmware and see if the switch problem disapears..

cpr43
11-07-2014, 07:00 AM
This weekend I'll reinstall the Oct. Firmware and see if the switch problem disapears..

Hello Marv
There was a Nov 3 release to fix the more recent issues
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Marv
11-08-2014, 01:27 AM
Carlospr43,
I have loaded the Nov. Firmware. At first thought it was going to work but after scanning in about 4 c band sats lost communication with the V box and would not move the dish. So then I tried to scan some Ku sats and the usals wouldn't move the dish either. The usals wouldn't even show the moving dish logo. However I could move th ku dish manually using the 1.2 settings. I will wait and hope some fixes show up in the next firmware release..

ViP3R
11-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Carlospr43,
I have loaded the Nov. Firmware. At first thought it was going to work but after scanning in about 4 c band sats lost communication with the V box and would not move the dish. So then I tried to scan some Ku sats and the usals wouldn't move the dish either. The usals wouldn't even show the moving dish logo. However I could move th ku dish manually using the 1.2 settings. I will wait and hope some fixes show up in the next firmware release..

Hi Marv,

The same thing happened to me using USALS, The dish would not move and no dish moving message either, I went back to the previous firmware and USALS worked.

I sent them a message about this to have it fixed..Often engineers break something while fixing something else and this seems to be the case here.

I'm sure they will have it fixed asap.

Thanks for posting about it.

eastof111
11-08-2014, 12:12 PM
I was playing with the new remote last night renaming some channels and was getting "out of range" display while trying to save the new name. Doesn't matter if the input name is one character or ten, still get the same error message. Using the October 16 firmware, haven't tried the November one yet.

el bandido
11-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Carlospr43,

I am using software#1.30B1 (11-3-2014).
It seems that Diseqc1.2 and USALS motor commands cannot exist together. My USALS settings revert back to 000E when I add a 1.2 Diseqc setting. This might explain why you do not see the Dish Moving Logo?

cpr43
11-08-2014, 03:22 PM
I wish i could do more, lets wait for next release and see!!

ViP3R
11-08-2014, 05:02 PM
I am using software#1.30B1 (11-3-2014).
It seems that Diseqc1.2 and USALS motor commands cannot exist together. My USALS settings revert back to 000E when I add a 1.2 Diseqc setting. This might explain why you do not see the Dish Moving Logo?

I received a message back a short time ago saying they hope to fix this within two day's.

Gary Bidwell
11-08-2014, 05:47 PM
The X2 Mini new model has the same problem.{c band sats lost communication with the V box and would not move the dish with USALS SETTINGS}

Marv
11-08-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm sure they will get it figured out in time. I set it aside for now It gave me a head ache. I started getting so confused I didn't know what was going on LOL. I set up my X2 Premium ll for now. I'll just wait for the next firmware. The main reason I bought it was because of the second simple remote control, Thought it would be easier for my wife to use to use. (Not So Many Buttons).

Marv
11-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Had some time to install the Nov 10 firmware. have most of the C & K/U sats scanned back in . So far looks like the firmware is a keeper at least as far as the motor controls go.:claping:

Marv
11-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Started having a problem with tp 3720/H/8703 (KRBK) on G16. At first it was slow to display, May take up to a minute or so to pop in. Then got to where it wouldn't come in at all . I rescanned the sat. but didn't help. Done a hard boot. No good. Done a factory reset and rescan no good. loaded the Oct. firmware and rescan no good. put the Nov. firmware back on and rescan no good. I deleted all the tp's on that Sat. and done a blind scan. would not pick up that TP.
I added the TP back and done a TP scan. No good. No signal on that tp at all. LNB at 5150 no switches. I removed the lnb cable and connected it to both my Preminum II and my Alien All worked fine. Had a signal of 85 and a Quality of 75. I have two C band dishes set up. I used both dishes when testing the Premium lll. Both gave me thw same results. I also noticed that other channels wre slow to load. First would display scrambled and then come in. There is nothing else I know of that I can test. I have to assume the receiver is defective. There may be other TP's that have problems but G16 was as far as I went. Unless Someone there can give me any other suggestions I would like to get an RMA to return it for Repair Or Replace. Thanks Marv..

Marv
11-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Here we go, After my last post i deleted all thre TP's on G16 and done another blind scan . This time I picked up another Tp 3717/H8703. I checked the channel list but no channels showed up for that TP. I went back and rescanned that one Tp and my channels were there. They also lock up fast when I click on them . I don't know but maybe the freq. scaler is screwing up or something. Could someone check and see what freq. these channels are scanning in on with a different receiver. I had it unplugged foe a while, Maybe that had an effecxt on it. But even after rescans earlier I didn't come up with the 3717 TP.

cpr43
11-24-2014, 05:24 AM
KRBK/ ME-TV at G16 has always being a problem for all different boxes. Its being discussed all over in different forums. We have also discuss the problem here. I figured out my problem deleting the TP info and adding it manually using a higher frequency such as 3722, 3723 or 3724 using the same SR.

Costactc
11-24-2014, 02:33 PM
3716 also works for KRBK.

Marv
11-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the info, Still working fine today. Guess 3717 was my lucky number lol...

Marv
11-25-2014, 09:08 AM
I find no way to access the favorites listings using the small remote. Also no access from the main menu. Am I overlooking something?

tanka2
11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Same problems on the intelsat 55.5.Premium 2 good signal from 58 to 65 and premium 3 no signal and the picture working on same tps.At premium 2 good signal. Tp scan and manual scan never working on the premium 3.Scrambled same times only if no picture and signal not very good did said scrambled but then picture became ok

el bandido
11-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Which transponders are doing this?

tanka2
11-26-2014, 11:47 AM
4095h sr 1300 s2 8psk 4101v 2319 s2 qpsk 4112v 1850 s2 8psk at 55.5 w

Costactc
11-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Same problems on the intelsat 55.5.Premium 2 good signal from 58 to 65 and premium 3 no signal and the picture working on same tps.At premium 2 good signal. Tp scan and manual scan never working on the premium 3.Scrambled same times only if no picture and signal not very good did said scrambled but then picture became ok

I have no issues with those 3 tp on Intelsat 805:

4094 H 1359 had been scanned in on a previous blind scan-Canal 9 but your symbol rate is incorrect

4101 V 2320 had also been scanned in on a previous blind scan- Rtpi America

4112 V 1850 had to be inputted manually as it hadn't scanned in a previous blind scan- MNSD

crackt
11-26-2014, 10:53 PM
I finally got around to recommissioning my dish farm after it being parked for some months. I pickt up 2 x2 p3's to test out. using the v1.30b3 file dated 10-11-2014 i also have diseqc 1.2 issues. cabling as follows...

stb -> gbox -> 4x1 -> 1 -> 5x8 -> off -> stationary ku
-> on -> cband / gbox
-> 2 -> stationary ku
-> 3 -> stationary ku
-> 4 -> stationary ku

to reproduce it is simple in my case. select any satelite under the motorized settings menu. toggle motor type to diseqc 1.2. the signal should remain. toggle the transponder and signal will not lock. toggle motor type back to none and the signal will still be in a failed state. once again toggle transponder to relock signal. the signal loss is only for the satellite that has diseqc 1.2 enabled. behaviour is the same if usals is substituted for diseqc 1.2 in the above steps. ill test with old versions and update. awaiting a new fix.

crackt out,.

crackt
11-27-2014, 01:01 AM
I got to testing this bug some more tonight and i have found out the following. I can easily reproduce this loss of signal in all the public releases of software. Under motorized settings select any satellite; select any transponder with a lock; select diseqc 1.2 or usals as motor type; toggle transponder and signal is lost; select off as motor type; toggle transponder and signal is lockt. As i was typing i tried the same scenario with a ku feed and surprising this bug does not exist with a lnb freq of 10750 but it does with an lnb freq of 5150. should be a good hint there. so the first step should now be to select any satellite with a lnb freq of 5150 and then the provided steps should result in a loss of signal.

i also noticed in my limited time with this box that there appears to be no way to save a channel list to usb. am i wrong or missing something ? may be a good option.

crackt out,.

tanka2
11-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Wrong did have way to save channel list .Look on the forum did explain to save channel list,About lost signal on the 5150 same problem on the wake signals s2 I have same problem .On the ku band no problem

tanka2
11-27-2014, 09:36 AM
blind scan at 10.30 am today premium 3 and premium 2 at 55.5 west and premium 2 =13 channels and premium3 = 7 channels same dish same lnb same time premium3 lose signal the same for 58 west and 61.1 west premium 2 beat the premium 3

tanka2
02-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Blind scan one more time february 12/15 x2 premium 3 at 55.5 west against premium2 8ft dish feed horn bulls eye 2 chapparral
and lnbs norsat 3220 for v and norsat 8115 for h and premium 3=13 channels and 28 radio and premium 2= 20 channels and 29 radio.Premium 2 the best for blind scan for free to air and fast to.Premium 3 good box but about signal blind scan premium2 the best box

Marv
03-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know if there is any new firmware in the works for the Premium lll? Thanks...

cpr43
03-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know if there is any new firmware in the works for the Premium lll? Thanks...

I just posted todays new release in the file section. :thumbup: