PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis start up challange

Pixl
10-30-2014, 01:52 PM
I've managed to get the Nemesis language from German to English, and the video set to 1080i, 60 hz. I now have a picture on the AV output, but just black from the HDMI output except a brief logo during boot. My trouble is trying to navigate the E2 menus and read the small print on the screen. This box seems similar to the Dream Box line up, maybe there is something I can load to get around this receive easier?
So far with much struggle I've managed to load the MeTv tp into one of the existing Euro sats and have it working.

el bandido
10-30-2014, 03:54 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Download and install the OpenATV image dated 10-30 the link.
Then use FileZilla or something similar to copy the etc folder that is in the receiver. Zip the etc folder and post it here. I will see if I can make the needed changes if you will do that.

el bandido
10-30-2014, 08:37 PM
You can type the network ip of the Nemesis into your web browser of a computer that is connected to the same network and get a web interface for the Nemesis. Doing this will allow you to take screenshots of problem areas in the Nemesis menus.

manicscrewdriver
10-31-2014, 04:11 AM
Pixl, which receiver are you using. I have been using EDG Nemesis on my Dreambox DM800Se for quite a few years so i maybe able to help as i know my way around the image quite well.

Are we talking about the same image?

Nano

Pale-Rider
10-31-2014, 06:07 AM
Pixl, which receiver are you using. I have been using EDG Nemesis on my Dreambox DM800Se for quite a few years so i maybe able to help as i know my way around the image quite well.

Are we talking about the same image?

Nano

No he's not talking about the Nemesis image Nano, but the Atemio Nemesis receiver.

Pixl
10-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Pixl, which receiver are you using. I have been using EDG Nemesis on my Dreambox DM800Se for quite a few years so i maybe able to help as i know my way around the image quite well. Are we talking about the same image?

Nano,

This is the Atemio Nemesis just released in Germany, August 2014. So probably different than the Nemesis you have had for a few years.

Pixl
10-31-2014, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=el bandido;76699][Only registered and activated users can see links]
Download and install the OpenATV image dated 10-30 the link.
Then use FileZilla or something similar to copy the etc folder that is in the receiver. Zip the etc folder and post it here. I will see if I can make the needed changes if you will do that.[/QU
EB,

I tried to log into the box using File Zilla and STBHD_LAN_MM. Neither would connect due to log in problems. What might the user name and password be?
I did get in with a browser pointed to the IP of the box. Here are screen shots of what I see.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Pale-Rider
10-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Nano,

This is the Atemio Nemesis just released in Germany, August 2014. So probably different than the Nemesis you have had for a few years.

What Nano was talking about was the Nemesis image, a rival OS to Enigma 1 for the early dreambox receivers, sadly while superior to enigma in many ways it never really took off for the other Enigma 2 based receivers.

el bandido
10-31-2014, 11:19 AM
UserName = root (lower case letters)
Password = root (lower case letters)

You can take a screenshot using the web interface under System Functions on the left side of the screen.

Pixl
10-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Still couldn't get in with root.

manicscrewdriver
10-31-2014, 12:21 PM
What Nano was talking about was the Nemesis image, a rival OS to Enigma 1 for the early dreambox receivers, sadly while superior to enigma in many ways it never really took off for the other Enigma 2 based receivers.

Its still Enigma 2, written by EDG an Italian image team. Even now i think its probably the most stable image on my DM800Se and believe me i've had a lot of images on it :D I must admit the Nemesis receiver spec on paper is impressive, It should be interesting to read your thoughts and opinions on it the more you use it. It would be something i would look at myself.

Unfortunately I'm holding off buying new receivers at the moment, I have enough stuff to squeeze into the 20ft Container as it is before i move everything across the pond, Just waiting for the Visa to come through now :D

Nano

el bandido
10-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Still couldn't get in with root.

Host should not be root. Type the network ip of the receiver for Host.

For example:
Host = 192.138.0.9
Username = root
Password = root

Pixl
10-31-2014, 01:31 PM
EB,

Ok, we're getting there. That got me in. I can see the "etc" folder, but now can't get it to transfer to the PC.

el bandido
10-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Highlight etc and drag it across to a known location such as desktop.
Click on the folder and drag it to transfer the file.

Pixl
10-31-2014, 02:24 PM

Ok, attached here.

el bandido
10-31-2014, 02:40 PM
Very Good! We can deal with this.
What image are you using? Is this the OpenATV image I suggested or is it the image that came with the receiver?

Pixl
10-31-2014, 03:42 PM
OpenATV image dated 10-30 that you suggested. I've had a little look around in it and set one TP. It is easier to use than the original image, I think this could be the ticket I was looking for.

el bandido
10-31-2014, 04:30 PM
OK.
So that etc folder belongs to OpenATV...Excellent!

Do a factory default to clear all of the sky and other stuff that we cannot use. It will be almost like you flashed the image because the setup will start with AV settings and such. Do the factory default and I will get you some files together to transfer. You need American satellite file and some other stuff. Easy to install with FileZilla.

el bandido
10-31-2014, 06:51 PM
The satellite file is located at: /etc/tuxbox
You can copy /etc/tuxbox then paste it in the remote site address for FileZilla, then press enter and you should go right to the file location in the receiver.

Delete the satellites.xml that is in /etc/tuxbox. You may do this by highlighting the file and Right Click the mouse, then follow the prompts.
Next, unzip the attached satellites.xml file and use it to replace the original satellites.xml file that you deleted in /etc/tuxbox.

Reboot the box when finished and you should have a satellite file that has a bunch of good transponders in the American satellites.

Pixl
10-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks EB,

Wife has taken over the tv for the evening. I'll try first in the morning. ;)

el bandido
10-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Does the Atemio have blind scan?

Get comfortable transferring files because I have several that should work such as on-board channel, sat and pid editors.
I think diseqc 1.2 positions will go way over 100 positions in Enigma 2. You will need to enter all your antenna settings one time, then you can copy and save them to transfer to future images. The antenna settings can be transferred to a different image or even a different receiver as long as it is running an Enigma 2 image. I think you will really enjoy the receiver and the operating system once you become familiar with it.

Pixl
10-31-2014, 08:09 PM
Yes it has blind scan. So far I have only used manual scan for one TP. It did it in a few seconds. I will start working on clearing the Euro stuff and loading your N.A. sat list. Later I will want to try your other files as I get to know the system.Wife went to bed, I'm back up after a short nap and ready to try a few things. I'm still recovering from my knee transplant (gets a little better each day) so everything is happening in slo mo.

el bandido
10-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Take your time. You have been through quite an ordeal.

There is not much of a risk of bricking the receiver by transferring or changing files in the receiver's operating system. About the worst that can happen is you have to reload the image and start over. So make backups often so you will have a restore point!

The antenna settings reside in etc/enigma2. The name of the file is settings. You have a large antenna system, so you will want to copy and keep the settings file in etc/enigma2 once you have correctly entered all of the satellites. The Engima 2 operating system allows you to use a multitude of antenna settings, so I doubt you have any problems like you experienced trying to set up the Optibox Raptor.

Pale-Rider
11-01-2014, 03:19 AM
Always remember to place enigma into sleep mode before transferring live files as they are very sensitive and prone to corruption when transferred while enigma is live.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 07:26 AM
That is a good idea but it I rarely if ever do that. All I do is let the box idle. Don't try to change channels or do anything else with the box while transferring files has worked fine for me. Zero problems so far.

Anyway, Aren't the telnet commands init3 to sleep & init4 to wake?

Pale-Rider
11-01-2014, 09:02 AM
That is a good idea but it I rarely if ever do that. All I do is let the box idle. Don't try to change channels or do anything else with the box while transferring files has worked fine for me. Zero problems so far.

Anyway, Aren't the telnet commands init3 to sleep & init4 to wake?

Other way around.

Init 4 places enigma to sleep.
Init 3 reboots enigma.
Init 6 reboots the receiver akin to a full reboot rather than the above which is just a GUI reboot.

chewie
11-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the info PALE-RIDER, good to know.

PixL - here is a program that I use for enigma and transferring files, I use Filezilla in the past, I don't like it to many windows.
Regards.
Chewie

Pixl
11-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Well I'm stuck in a boot up loop now. I had done a factory reset, removed the existing satelites.xml and replaced it with EB's file. Looked thru the Nemesis menus and still see the Euro stuff. Reboot and reinstall 4.2 again, now keeps loading from 51% to 100% over about 5 times, then sits there for several minutes, then loadong again 51-100%. Can't change any screen.

Pixl
11-01-2014, 11:35 AM
I use Filezilla in the past, I don't like it to many windows.

I agree, I will try your loader once I figure what to do next.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Did the receiver display what is described in step 11 when you reloaded the image?

1) - Turn off the decoder;

2) - Disconnect any peripherals connected to the USB port on the front and rear;

3) - Format a USB memory stick from your PC in fat32;

4) - Download the latest version of firmware available;

5) - Unzip the zip or rar file;

6) - Copy the folder "atemio" on the USB stick;

7) - Insert the memory stick into the front USB port of the decoder (open the flap that covers cam / card);

8) - Turn on the decoder by rear panel;

9) - The display will show "VOL + to upgrade" for a few seconds;

10) - Press the arrow up in the front panel of the decoder;

11) - You will see step by step in the display: "Flashing SPLASH", then "Flashing KERNEL", then "Flashing ROOTFS" (this takes a couple of minutes), and then "Complete! Reboot!" and restart: Wait until it reappears "VOL + to upgrade";

12) - The procedure is completed; turn off the decoder by rear panel;

13) - Remove the pen from the front USB port;

14) - Reconnect any peripheral or hub-and-USB port on the rear USB;

15) - Turn on the decoder according to the instructions of the setup wizard.

Pixl
11-01-2014, 12:43 PM
I did those steps exactly as written. When I get to the step 11 displays "flashing rootfs" for several minutes, then goes into a "Loading" rather than a reboot. Loading goes up to 100%, then back to 51%, counting again to 100% over and over.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Try disconnecting the Ethernet or Network connection.

Pixl
11-01-2014, 02:39 PM
I disconnected the network, box still locked in a loop. I retried installing the OpenATV image with the net unplugged, still the same.
I did find this..
When running the ATV install, at the end of the flashing rootfs I briefly get "complete". At this point I switched off power, pulled the usb stick, and powered up to a normal screen and can navigate the menus. Since the Euro stuff is still in there I ran the factory reset of which at reboot it goes into the loop again. Might have something to do with the auto reboot points in the image install and or the factory reset.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 03:30 PM
OK
We can get rid of the channel information from Europe another way.
See if you can install the satellites.xml file in etc/tuxbox. If yo can do that, we can delete the other stuff manually.

Pixl
11-01-2014, 05:18 PM
I have your satellites.xml file loaded in the box at etc/tuxbox. I don't know my way around the receiver and can't seem to find "home" or some sort of starting place. Here is a screen shot I took showing just Euro sats still.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 05:43 PM
A factory default Should get rid of that stuff. All those satellites being pre-programmed is great if you can see those satellites, but useless if you cannot. Seems the factory default is broken for the moment.

Channel information resides in the lamedb file that is in the enigma2 folder located at: etc/enigma2.
We can change or replace the lamedb file and get rid of all of those channels. Favorite folders which stores your favorite channels for a particular satellite are also stored in the etc/enigma2 folder. We will look at doing some cleanup in a bit.

First, what about the antenna settings? Can you navigate to them and set up a test satellite or two? How many tuners are you using, and how many tuners do you have?
Antenna settings should be from the main menu--->Setup--->Service Searching--->Tuner configuration. Set the configuration mode of the selected tuner to Advanced for your antenna system.

Setup a couple of satellites and we will see if we can show you around a bit. The E2 operating system is not hard but it has to be learned...

eastof111
11-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Hey you're almost there Pixl! Keep on pushing and once you get the tuner config going the rest will be a piece of cake. :bigthumbup:

You can also use Dreamboxedit to get rid of those useless sats and channels.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Attached is my lamedb file. Load this file in the receiver and it will give you the same channels as I am currently using. It should be compatible with your receiver, but save your current lamedb file just in case.

As mentioned earlier, The lamedb file is located at: etc/emigma2.
You may transfer this file just like you did the satellites.xml file but with a twist. Once the file has been transferred, either unplug the receiver or use the rocker switch on the back to turn the receiver OFF, then restart. Doing it this way will force the receiver to swap the lamedb files.

Pixl
11-01-2014, 06:54 PM
We can change or replace the lamedb file and get rid of all of those channels. Favorite folders which stores your favorite channels for a particular satellite are also stored in the etc/enigma2 folder. We will look at doing some cleanup in a bit.

First, what about the antenna settings? Can you navigate to them and set up a test satellite or two? How many tuners are you using, and how many tuners do you have?
Antenna settings should be from the main menu--->Setup--->Service Searching--->Tuner configuration. Set the configuration mode of the selected tuner to Advanced for your antenna system.

Setup a couple of satellites and we will see if we can show you around a bit. The E2 operating system is not hard but it has to be learned...

I have no favorites or anything at this point, so we can burn anything burnable for now.

I have two tuners installed, working with just one for now. I can see the path you gave me, so things are begining to match up. In the tuner configuration area I can now see and select the N.A. sats you sent me. I'm running a blind scan on 101w right now. Results a little later after my wife vacates the living room.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Excellent!
Installing my lamedb file will give you a bunch of channels without scanning. All you would need to do is enter your antenna settings for the satellites.
Either way, you are making progress!

Pixl
11-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Hey you're almost there Pixl! Keep on pushing and once you get the tuner config going the rest will be a piece of cake. :bigthumbup:

You can also use Dreamboxedit to get rid of those useless sats and channels.

East,

I tried Dreambox edit yesterday, it connects to the box, but reports errors when down loading the files.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 07:19 PM
What errors does it report?

Pixl
11-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Ok, checked the blind scan on 101w vertical only due to receiver being slaved at this time off the Raptor. I had quite a few channels listed. I selected MeTv1 and it is working fine, except for the sizable black square in the upper right. Now I can't find how to get off this channel and select another.

eastof111
11-01-2014, 08:10 PM
East,

I tried Dreambox edit yesterday, it connects to the box, but reports errors when down loading the files.

You might check for the correct receiver paths and settings.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Ok, checked the blind scan on 101w vertical only due to receiver being slaved at this time off the Raptor. I had quite a few channels listed. I selected MeTv1 and it is working fine, except for the sizable black square in the upper right. Now I can't find how to get off this channel and select another.

Try pressing the down button the remote.

Pixl
11-01-2014, 08:22 PM
down arrow gets me a whole bunch of Euro services, but then I found my channels under "last scanned" Wow this stuff is buried!

Gona call it a night. Thanks for the help today guys.

el bandido
11-01-2014, 09:35 PM
You can do almost everything using the receiver that you can do with a channel editor, but you will need to install a few plugins. More on that after you get used to the Atemio.

Let's start with the channel selection menu.

In the Channel Selection Menu,
Pressing the Green button on the remote will give you the satellites list.
Pressing the Blue remote button will give you the Favorites list.

Here is a screenshot of my satellite list.

In the Satellite list,
Highlight a Satellite to edit or to delete it, then press the menu button on the remote.
The next screenshot shows the editing options for a satellite.

Get rid of the Bouquets for the European satellites. The Bouquets are stored in Favourites. To access the Favourites, Press the Blue Button on the remote (refer to the very first screenshot in this post).
Here is a screenshot of my Favourites.

To edit or delete a Favourite, Highlight it, then press the menu button.

These tidbits of information should be enough to get you started on cleaning up some of the unwanted satellites and bouquets. There is a lot more editing you can do using the receiver but you will need to install some plugins.

You are using the default Metrix skin. I am using a skin named Simple, so my screenshots will look a bit different than what you see using Metrix, but the information shown here is the same.

Pale-Rider
11-01-2014, 11:50 PM
A factory default Should get rid of that stuff. All those satellites being pre-programmed is great if you can see those satellites, but useless if you cannot. Seems the factory default is broken for the moment.

The term factory reset in all Enigma2 images goes back to the beginnings of the OS and is quite misleading. It does not return the receiver back to factory condition as the name would suggest but instead simply wipes the user area of the currently installed image. Also there is a telnet command you can use to wipe all channel settings etc from the image remotely but I cant think of it at the moment (I will post it as soon as I remember the exact command).

el bandido
11-02-2014, 07:18 AM
A factory reset on my Duo2 using OpenATV erases all of the European satellites and bouquets.

Pale-Rider
11-02-2014, 09:28 AM
A factory reset on my Duo2 using OpenATV erases all of the European satellites and bouquets.

As I said it wipes the user area, bouquets are part of that user data.

Pale-Rider
11-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Also there is a telnet command you can use to wipe all channel settings etc from the image remotely but I cant think of it at the moment (I will post it as soon as I remember the exact command).

As promised.

remote wipe channel lists.

init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && init 3

Pixl
11-02-2014, 10:46 AM
As promised.

remote wipe channel lists.

init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && init 3

Wow, that telenet cmd cleaned the clock on this receiver!
I'll have to start over, but no more Euro data cloging up the menus.

Pale-Rider
11-02-2014, 10:51 AM
It will only delete the bouquet files as mentioned in the command, but it can be tailored to wipe pretty much any file or files you need with a little tweaking.

Pixl
11-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Attached is my lamedb file. Load this file in the receiver and it will give you the same channels as I am currently using. It should be compatible with your receiver, but save your current lamedb file just in case.

Ok, I've got the satellites.xml file reinstalled, and just now the lamedb file, then doing a hard reboot. I see all the N.A. sats listed and many channels, although most channels are greyed out. The ones that aren't play fine. Must be the few sats I've keyed in.
So where should I go now. Is there a way to back up the whole rodeo to fall back on at this point?

el bandido
11-02-2014, 01:33 PM
The channels may be greyed out because you have not set the antenna settings for that particular satellite.
Now would be a good time to do all the antenna settings for all of your satellites in the arc, including the dbs satellites.
I will load OpenATV on my receiver this evening, and show you how to make a back-up so you will have a restore point.

el bandido
11-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Have you got a hard drive installed IN the receiver?

Pixl
11-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Not yet, plan to pull the one out of the Raptor at some point. Would that help?

el bandido
11-02-2014, 03:29 PM
An internal hard drive makes things easier, but is not "must have".

Pixl
11-02-2014, 04:01 PM
I think I'll put the HD in now, keep me busy while my wife has yet again taken over the tv.

EB,
FYI here is my current goal when I get this completed. Tuner A will handle all C band via motorized Gbox. Out at the dish farm is a 8 port diseqc switch to bring a couple of fixed Ku dishes on line. Tuner B will handle all other Ku via motorized V box with a separate line direct to the dish. DBS is now handled by my Jynxbox receiver connected direct to a USALS motor and dish. No need to put it on the Atemio. The other dishes I had are now either out of service or have been given away.

el bandido
11-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Very Good!
I think you will find that Enigma2 handles dish systems like yours with ease. You are not stuck with 64 positions for diseqc 1.2 like the Amiko toys are.

To backup the image, goto Menu---->Setup---->Software management, Then scroll down, and highlight Backup image. Press OK on the remote to enter, then it should be self explanatory. Follow onscreen instructions.

Pixl
11-03-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm back :) Got the HD installed last night, I can do a manual recording, but I can't find where it is to play back. Also is there an area for formatting the HD if different from the Raptor setup it came from?

el bandido
11-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Probably no need to format unless you want to start all over. Use FileZilla and see if you can see anything on the drive (/hdd)
Backup the image. Then we can try installing some plugins for editing, but you need a backup first.

Pixl
11-03-2014, 03:19 PM
I got side tracked today when I discovered why I kept finding both my Raptor and the Atemio menus changed and on odd pages all the time. The remote controls are nearly the same format messing each other up. Having the Atemio slaved off the Raptor wasn't working out with the commands hitting both boxes. So reconnected the Atemio direct to the antenna system and shut off the Raptor for now. Trouble is the Atemio is not controlling the switches and lnb so no channels anymore. It is operating the G box mover correctly. I need a manual for the OpenATV image or some sort of descriptions of the many setup choices in the tuner configuration menus. I've been looking thru the OpenATV site for some help on this, haven't found it yet.

I will come back to the plugins and backup procedure later, want to get this box talking to the dish first.

eastof111
11-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Pixl, checkout the Vix manual, it basically has the same functions as ATV. But at least it will give you an explanation of the menus and their functions but in a slightly different menu configuration.

Pale-Rider
11-03-2014, 05:42 PM
I got side tracked today when I discovered why I kept finding both my Raptor and the Atemio menus changed and on odd pages all the time. The remote controls are nearly the same format messing each other up. Having the Atemio slaved off the Raptor wasn't working out with the commands hitting both boxes. So reconnected the Atemio direct to the antenna system and shut off the Raptor for now. Trouble is the Atemio is not controlling the switches and lnb so no channels anymore. It is operating the G box mover correctly. I need a manual for the OpenATV image or some sort of descriptions of the many setup choices in the tuner configuration menus. I've been looking thru the OpenATV site for some help on this, haven't found it yet.

I will come back to the plugins and backup procedure later, want to get this box talking to the dish first.

Your not going to find any image specific user manuals any where (believe me I have looked for years), Thats why we (ViX) created our own and it took a good 9 months of our time, rob being the primary author and the rest of us proof reading, correcting his English (rob is dutch) and adding to the manual where we thought it needed it. ATV is of course based on ViX it should help you learn the basics.

you can get the latest version of the ViX manual here.

el bandido
11-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I must say the OpenVIX manual has a lot of good information in it. File attached.

Pixl
11-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys, I've been reading thru the VIX manual, is it very well written and seems to be in close agreement to what I'm working with. It might be the "tone on" that is messing up my switch now that I understand what it does. I'll be going thru the whole setup again tomorrow.

All of this is keeping me busy as I recover from knee replacement over the next 4-6 weeks. If it was easy I'd be bored by now :)

I have a birthday this week. Today my wife sent me an "In Home" hair stylist as a nice present.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] pg?oh=9767849ae0a504debfd3d9633d3c43d0&oe=54EEE472&__gda__=1423698020_d35131ecde79932139dce04e009b95f d

el bandido
11-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Happy Birthday. Very nice looking Stylist!

eastof111
11-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Happy Birthday Pixl.... Hmmmmm, I think I'll show the posted picture to my wife and ask her for a similar hair stylist for my birthday and see what happens. :egypt: or :th_tut20tut:

chewie
11-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Happy Birthday Pixl and many more, I have the ATV image on my VU + and my AZBOX P+, I have Orthos on my dish, they connect to a multiswitch and to the receivers, my dish mover is stand alone .
I have both boxes set for c-band, here is a picture of the tuner configuration, hope this helps.

rrob311
11-04-2014, 06:05 AM
Happy birthday Pixl. Get well soon.

Pixl
11-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Here is where I'm at with this today with nothing working yet.
ATEMIO tuner B> G-box> Diseqc 1.1 switch 8X1(port 8) > Zinwell switch with local 24v. power injected for lnbs( two Norsat 8515 orthomode).
This antenna array works well when connected to my Raptor. I have checked for lnb voltage at the receiver, 13v vert, 18v horz. while loaded with the array. I suspect the Atemio is not operating the diseqc switch. Anyone else using a diseqc 1.1 8 port switch with OpenATV ? The G-box does respond to the diesqc 1.2 motor command correctly.

el bandido
11-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Why is fast diseqc set to no????

eastof111
11-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Pixl, here's a pix of one of my fixed dishes using an 8x1 ---> 4x1 ---> dish.

I don't use the fast setting on mine because there are too many switches in the chain and it helps the switching process for my setup.

Pixl
11-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Why is fast diseqc set to no????

I dono, tried it both ways, what do you recommend?

Pixl
11-04-2014, 07:55 PM
What about the "threshold" setting. No reference in the VIX manual

chewie
11-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Hello Pixl
Have you try just to park the dish on one Sat, than change the DiSEqC to 1.1 and change the Tone mode to all the setting, off, on, or band and see if you get anything, set it to one of them, blind scan it and if nothing shows up, than try the next setting an so on.

el bandido
11-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Try taking the diseqc 1.2 motor command out and see if the switch works without the motor control. Manually move the positioner as a test.

Pixl
11-04-2014, 08:45 PM
I've already tried all of the above. I parked the dish on 101w MEtv with the Raptor. Good pic, signal etc. Without moving the dish reconnect to the Atemio, nothing. Reconnect Atemio to the Raptor loop thru, good picture. Hmmnn..

chewie
11-04-2014, 09:13 PM
hello Pixl
I also have orthomode and 2 two Norsats 8515, the norsats connects to a WNC 4X8 multi-switch, 18 volts and 13 volts and the outputs to the receivers.
I don't understand how your 8x1 switch is connected to the Norsats, maybe your new receiver does not like your switch or setup.
just a thought.

Pixl
11-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Chewie,

I have the same set up and equipment. I mis spoke when I called the switch a Zinwell, it is also a WNC with the power insertion mod. bought from one of the guys at Sat Guys. So if it works for you, hmmnn.. By the way, great set up when it does work.

chewie
11-05-2014, 09:43 AM
I don't know how many tuners your receiver came with, have you try to configure another turner? do you have another different dish you can connect to this receiver?

el bandido
11-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I think the ATV image may have switch problems. We know it has factory default problems.

Save, Backup what you have and try a different image?

eastof111
11-05-2014, 02:20 PM
It would be interesting to see how it works with the TitanNit image.

Pixl
11-07-2014, 04:33 AM
maybe your new receiver does not like your switch or setup.
just a thought.

This may be a possibility. With my current limited physical capabilities I am not able to get out to the dish farm, however I did test a new 8X1 switch here in the house connected to the Atemio and it operates it just fine. I'll have to try to get someone to go out to the dish and swap out the switch for a known good one see if that makes any difference.

chewie
11-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Good, keeps us informed.
Regards.
Chewie

Pixl
11-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Made a little progress today. My neighbor came over and swapped out the Digiwave 8X1 for a new DMS 8X1 I had on hand. The Atemio is communicating with the DMS and switching sats ok. So now I run a blind scan on 101w C, picks up 42 channels!. However I loose LNB voltage when the scan is done, no way to watch the new channels. Is there a setting hidden somewhere in the OpenATV image that controls LNB on/off as you see in many other receivers?

eastof111
11-07-2014, 04:03 PM
So, the receiver doesn't like the Digiwave switch? I don't recall any hidden menus that control on/off for lnbs. There is a plugin called Satellite Equipment Control which I used to use with the Raptor and E2 about two years ago when I was having problems with switches. As the E2 images matured I did not need to tweak it anymore because the coders seemed to have solved the switching problems. This did include my trying various name brand switches before I was able to get the switching combo to work properly.

chewie
11-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Hello Pixl
Under the Reception settings where you configure the Satellite, there is an option call " increased voltage" I am not sure what is for. mine is set to OFF, but you can turn it on, you might want to do some research on it.
Regards.
Chewie.

Pixl
11-08-2014, 11:54 AM
I read up on this in the VIX manual. It increases lnb voltage durring motor movements for higher speed. It tried it anyhow, has no effect on channel play.

eastof111
11-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Pixl, this is the current settings you can adjust with the satellite equipment setup plugin.

Pixl
11-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks for putting that up, looks interesting, but I don't see how those timings will make up for loss of lnb voltage.
Im re tracing something I may have missed in the blind scan setup. Anyone know what the message "zap back to tuner" yes or no means?

eastof111
11-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Return back.

chewie
11-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Hello Pixl
After you blind scan a Sat, if you were to press on the up-arrow button you should see the satellite name and all the channels, if you see another satellite after the you press the up-arrow, press on the green button and you should see all the satellites you scanned, press on the one you just scanned.
Regards.]
Chewie

Pale-Rider
11-09-2014, 01:52 AM
Thanks for putting that up, looks interesting, but I don't see how those timings will make up for loss of lnb voltage.
Im re tracing something I may have missed in the blind scan setup. Anyone know what the message "zap back to tuner" yes or no means?

It just means do you want to return to the channel / tuner you were on before entering that menu.

Pixl
11-10-2014, 07:36 PM
It would be interesting to see how it works with the TitanNit image.

I am thinking about trying the original TitanNit image again.

I think the ATV image may have switch problems. We know it has factory default problems.

Save, Backup what you have and try a different image?

EB, can you help me back up what I have so far so I can go back to this when nessesary. Not sure where to start.

You guys thanks for the help so far. I'm not always able to act on the advice right away as I have in home registered nurses as well as physical therapy coming and going all the time. Also some times I just need to rest. But I hope to chip away at this and get it on line.

el bandido
11-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Lots of times, things like switches and motor controls do not work or they have problems. The OpenATV image is updated almost every night, so it is possible that the switch problem has been fixed. IMO, Still best to do a backup now and have a decent restore point.

You will need an internal hard drive installed or USB stick with an empty text file labeled backupstick.txt

I will reload the OpenAtv image in a bit and post the needed steps for backup.

Pixl
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
If you are having to re-load the ATV image, then what are you using?

el bandido
11-10-2014, 09:15 PM
OpenPli.

Making a backup now..

el bandido
11-10-2014, 09:47 PM
For OpenAtv full image backup, go to the Main Menu---->Setup---->Software management.
Then in Software manager, select Backup image.Follow onscreen directions.

BTW, it usually takes the Duo2 about a minute to load a backup image, so that is how long it will take to put everything back the way it was before loading the OpenAtv image this evening. Your receiver should have similar or better features and capabilities.

Pixl
11-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Well before I got to try anything, I haven't used the Atemio in a day or so, found it stuck on the B&W "OpenATV" screen with "booting..." on the front display. I can't get past this screen now, even with a hard power switch re-boot and holding the front panel up arrow button.

el bandido
11-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Did you disconnect all usb devices and the Internet connection?

Pixl
11-11-2014, 12:18 PM
No usb connected. I just pulled the internet and re-booted, still gets stuck.
I don't understand, I have not changed or loaded anything since it worked last.

el bandido
11-11-2014, 12:43 PM
I do not understand either, but this is why it is a good idea to make a recovery image early.
If you can connect to the box using filezilla then we can recover your settings so you will not need to enter them again. Otherwise, you will have to start a new image from the beginning.

Pixl
11-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Ok, I can connect to the box and see the directory.

el bandido
11-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Copy the etc folder or at least the etc/enigma2 folder. We can recover your settings and channels.

Pixl
11-11-2014, 09:31 PM
ETC folder copied and saved.

el bandido
11-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Load the latest OpenATV image would be easiest to restore, but you may try another team's image if you wish.

To restore the OpenAtv image, load it and do the telnet command to erase the preloaded channels, settings, and bouquets.
Then use filezilla to delete, then replace the satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox. Also delete and replace the lamedb and the settings file in etc/enigma2.
Once you have deleted and replaced these files, immediately unplug the box or turn it off using the rear rocker switch. Doing this should force the box to accept your settings and lamedb files from the previous image. Do this only with OpenAtv because a different team image may not have the settings file configured the same.

Pixl
11-12-2014, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=el bandido;77294]Load the latest OpenATV image
To restore the OpenAtv image, load it and do the telnet command to erase the preloaded channels, settings, and bouquets.
Then use filezilla to delete, then replace the satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox. Also delete and replace the lamedb and the settings file in etc/enigma2.
Once you have deleted and replaced these files, immediately unplug the box or turn it off using the rear rocker switch. /QUOTE]

I've done all of this, the box boots up ok again.

el bandido
11-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Is everything restored, and is the image updated? Does the switch work?

Pixl
11-12-2014, 07:15 PM
I'll have to test that and get back to you

Pixl
11-13-2014, 10:45 AM
I set up 101w, G box went to the correct position (P-18) and did a blind scan, 26 channels coming in. Everything ok so far.

el bandido
11-13-2014, 11:08 AM
What image did you load?

It would be a good idea to make a back-up if everything is working correctly.

Pixl
11-13-2014, 02:54 PM
OpenATV 4.2

I did a backup image, looks like it is sitting on the hdd.
Any suggestions as to what other images I might want to try on this box?

el bandido
11-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Does the switch and everything work correctly now?

Pixl
11-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Does the switch and everything work correctly now?

yes

eastof111
11-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Pixl, what tuner settings did you finally use to get the orthos working properly?

Pixl
11-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Pixl, what tuner settings did you finally use to get the orthos working properly?

Same settings you would use for the more common LNBF, where voltage controls what polarity is selected. Out at the dish there is a WNC switch that injects 24 volts from a local power pack to the port selected by the 13-18v sent from the receiver. So it is the WNC switch that does the magic, not the receiver settings.

el bandido
11-13-2014, 06:00 PM
All of the images will be similar, but some will have more or different features than others. I will look around and see if I can find some different images, but now may be the time to look at different skins and add the plugins to what you have. Also, go ahead and enter in the settings for each and every satellite, then scan them. Do all of this and make another backup,plus copy and store the etc file when finished on your computer. If you do this, then you can install a complete set of antenna settings and channels that work for you into almost any E2 image.

Plugin compatibility will vary, but the satellite, channel and pid editors have worked for me using different receivers on every E2 image that I have loaded, providing I install the correct satellite .xml file.

Pixl
11-13-2014, 06:50 PM
What is the difference between a image and a skin? Does a skin just pretty it up, or does it change the functionality of the system?

el bandido
11-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Image refers to the Enigma2 operating system. So you are using an OpenAtv image.

Skin is how the various menus look. Different skins may display different information when a channel is changed. You are using the default Metrix skin, and I am using a skin called SimpleHD There are many different skins, and you can change them as often as you like.

Pixl
11-17-2014, 07:56 PM
EB,
I've got 35 sats on C band scanned in including the Alaska mux on 137w I haven't seen in two years. The box is working quite well thanks to the help you guys have given me. I have done a back up of the image, where can we go next with other images and/or plug ins?

el bandido
11-17-2014, 09:07 PM
I suggest saving the etc folder again somewhere. Doing this may very well save you from loading all those satellites in again. Save the etc folder and date it. Maybe even add a note about the contents.

Let's do a few plugins and a skin. These items will compliment the E2 image and should make things easier to manage.

Included Items:
Simple HD Skin
Simple HD plugin for customizing Simple HD Skin
Satellite Editor
Satellite Eqipment Control
TsatEditor
Service Editor(PID Editor)

All of these items are in folders with a README in each folder explaining where to put them.
Use FileZilla or equivalent for file transfers.
Reboot when finished
You may use telnet and type reboot when finished.

File(s) Attached

Pixl
11-17-2014, 09:11 PM
WOW, ok I'll dive into this tomorrow. Thanks!

Pixl
11-18-2014, 08:27 PM
EB,

I have installed the files you sent me. The reboot by telnet was nice, saved me from hobbling over to the receiver with my cane to do that.

Pixl
11-19-2014, 11:57 AM
I put the "simple HD" skin in today. I like the look and simplfied menus so far. One thing though, I don't see Blind scan anymore. Just manual and automatic.

el bandido
11-19-2014, 12:36 PM
You should not have done anything to delete blindscan. Installing the skin should not do that.

See if the blindscan folder exists in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins

Pixl
11-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Well now I can't log into the box with either filezilla or telnet. Hard reboot didn't help. I'll check over the network next.

Pixl
11-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Ok, laptop grabbed the router in the other room on a different sub net. I'm in now, there is no blindscan folder at that location. I looked for that folder in my backup files, but didn't see it. Can I bring it in from somewhere?

el bandido
11-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Do not know how it got deleted.
Save what you have by backing it up. Then reload the previous backup image and see if blindscan is in it.

Pixl
11-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Save what you have by backing it up. Then reload the previous backup image and see if blindscan is in it.

Ok , I'll give it a try.
Let me mention I am not bummed by this, but enjoying the challange of getting a German FTA receiver to work here in N.A. It is the fun I enjoy from this hobby, and I can't thank you guys enough for participating in this.

Pixl
11-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Do not know how it got deleted.

Well now I'm in trouble. I went to reload the backup image, but there is no "software managment" choice in the setup menu anymore.
So using filezilla I deleted the ETC folder and uploaded ETC from my computer HD I saved a few days ago. Now it only partly boots and I can't connect with FZ anymore.

el bandido
11-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Reloading the ETC folder like that probably destroyed the image.
Start from scratch by reloading a fresh image. Then you can access your backup image.

Pixl
11-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Reloading the ETC folder like that probably destroyed the image.
Start from scratch by reloading a fresh image. Then you can access your backup image.

I reloaded a fresh image and was able to load all my sat settings back. I put the "simple HD" skin in and this time it works correctly. I also brought in the editor and other plug ins EB sent me.

el bandido
11-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Select plugins from the main menu. Press the green remote button and you should get downloadable plugins. You may want to try the tsmedia plugin in extensions.

Pixl
11-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Here is what I see in there. Is it one of these?

el bandido
11-24-2014, 01:11 PM
No. None of those.
Look at the bottom right of your picture. See the green circle with Download written beside it?
Press the green remote button while in that menu. Doing this will cause plugin menus to be downloaded to the box.

Pixl
11-24-2014, 03:07 PM
OK EB, I found it. Pretty cool. Wow tons of stuff to do in there.
I have also been working on timeshift and just ordinary rec/playback of shows. Is there a plugin I need for that or am I just missing the the right menu for that?

el bandido
11-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Timeshift is something I do not use much but should be sort of automatic. Try pressing the pause button on the remote and see if doing that will give timeshift options.

eastof111
11-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Don't forget that each image will have different initial time shift setup settings and locations in the systems menu. ATV has it in system>extended system>time shift settings.

eastof111
11-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Pixl, once you feel quite comfortable with your receiver and want to test more images, there are two images available that offer multiboot. One is Egami and the other may be OpenNFR by NachtFalke. Here is a sample from Egami.....

GUI Changes

- [OScamInfo] Fix GS when more than one config directory exist
- [OScamInfo] Try to read oscam.conf location from /tmp/.oscam/oscam.version
- [EGAMIBoot] Max possiable 10 images installed
- [EGAMI] Add CI Pin Setup - for CI modules which has Parental Control You can enter pin to avoid pop ups messages
- [ALL] Added REC Indicator in Channel list - nice feature to see which recording runs in channel list, You can turn it on in Channel Selection Settings
- [ALL] Improved AudioSelection screen
- [ALL] Improved Nim Setup - shotcut to change configuration type by Yellow button
- [ALL] Impoved InfoBar performance
- [ALL] Add AutoRecording - if You are using timeshift You can setup that it should record automatically
- [HDp-BT] Added Bluetooth Devices Manager - this will allow You to pair Your keyboard with Your Miraclebox Ultra or Atemio Nemesis
- [HDx] USB Tuner improvments - You can make TRIPLE TUNER
- [HDx] Downmix on/off
- [HDx] RCU key
- [HDx] Digital Audio on Pause and Playing back
- [HDp] Add HDMI-IN Recording - just use it same way as normal service
- [HDp] Add Movie Transcoding
- [HDp] Add Multi Device Transkoding - each device can run stream with it's own parameters
- [HDp] Fix FLAC
- [HDp] Fix DVD ISO
- [ALL] Add shortcut color and numbers in Channel Context Menu
- [ALL] Add Remove all satellite services from the list
- [ALL] Add Remove all cable services from the list
- [ALL] Add Remove all terrestrial services from the list
- [ALL] Updated Russian translation by Debian
- [ALL] Updated French translation by Pr2
- [ALL] Introduce edit mode in channelSelector
- [ALL] pmt: Handle Default Audio DDP and Siplify selection code
- [ALL] [ChannelSlection] Add numbers and colors in ChannelContextMenu
- [SKIN] Mega32 - improved MoviePlayer screen -add status and speed
- [SKIN] Mega32 - Add EpgSingle list in Channel Selection
- [SKIN] Mega32 - Scrollin EPG !

EGAMIBoot 2.01 - Multibooting
- [EGAMIBoot] Max possiable 10 images installed
Add free space usage in %
Add free space usage in MB
ON-LINE Image installation: OpenVIX, OpenATV, OpenPLi and so on
Use lower and upper cases in image names
Add virtual keyboard in image installation
Add sms style keyboard in image instllation

EGAMI Panel Changes
Add EGAMI News - info about updates
Add EGAMI FAQ to Menu - Informations
Add HDMI-IN recording ( driver will be soon )
Mega32 PIG and NoPig versions
Added more options in Converter about stream

Note!!!
Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatible.

Pixl
11-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Don't forget that each image will have different initial time shift setup settings and locations in the systems menu. ATV has it in system>extended system>time shift settings.

East,

I found your path and changed some of the settings.

The time shift worked once when I went to a new channel. I could pause it, then resume play. But additional channel changes don't work and I get this message.

eastof111
11-25-2014, 04:38 PM
I'll check my ATV and see if I get the same error message.

eastof111
11-25-2014, 04:58 PM
My menu is slightly different than yours, but it works fine for me even though it is formatted as fat32 and recognized as /media/hdd. Bug in your image not seeing your hard drive correctly? You might check with Dream Explorer in your plugins section to see if it sees your hard drive and the appropriate path you have listed.

Pixl
11-25-2014, 07:19 PM
OK, ummnn.. Dream Explorer?

el bandido
11-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Dream Explorer is a plugin that allows you access to the files of your receiver. (The name of the plugin originates from Dreambox.)

You may install this plugin. It should be found in the downloadable plugins that we discussed a few posts ago. Look for it in extensions.

Pixl
11-27-2014, 12:42 PM

I made some progress on this file system error. Buried in the menus is format tool for the hard drive called "initialization". Format might have been a better name for it, I would have found it earlier. I took a chance and ran it. The error message is gone and timeshift works like one time, then a reboot needed to run again. I think I am just not using it correctly at this point, but getting there.

Path to the tool is main menu> setup> system> exteneded system> storage devices> initaliation

Also in this area is a tool called "convert ext3 filesystem to ext4. Anyone know what this does and do I want it?

el bandido
11-27-2014, 01:12 PM
ext4 Seems to allow for better speed and efficiency. You may select ext4 now or leave it as is. Selecting ext4 will format the disc.

eastof111
11-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Sorry I didn't mention that menu, I just took it for granted you had initialized and then formatted the disk with your receiver image. The ext formatting will allow you to handle very large size files used in movies. I still use fat32 on mine because I didn't want to wipe out everything on it in order to go the ext route, plus I was too lazy to make a full disk backup prior to converting. So, now when I record a movie it will be split up into part1 part 2 etc.

Glad you got it working.

Pixl
11-27-2014, 05:38 PM
I ran the ext3 to ext4, now I have several sats greyed out, otherwise working ok.

el bandido
11-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Doing that should not bother the satellite settings. Check your antenna settings and see what changed.

Pixl
11-29-2014, 12:05 PM
I reloaded a backup image and re-installed satellite.xml, settings, and lamedb. Looks like everything is back, working, and no grey out. Time shift works with some difficulty as I haven't figured out the correct button sequence for pause, back or fwd. Strange thing is it doesn't work on 101w MeTv, the channel I use this on the most. One possible link, MeTv is the channel the box boots up to from a cold start.