PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Zero Arrival

Costactc
01-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Finally got my vu+zero receiver. I opted for white as all my other stb are black:

eastof111
01-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Good looking unit and compact.

Costactc
01-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Just did an automatic scan of G16 on c band with good results. Picture quality on the vu+zero has to be the best fta I've ever seen. Watching British on NBC in hd.

getoverit
01-21-2015, 03:59 PM
hi costactc,thinking about getting one of those baby to play with.wondering how will it work in the northeast?and where did you buy from?thanks

getoverit
01-22-2015, 12:32 AM
thanks costactc,i am ordering one this weekend.

getoverit
02-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Costco i did order my vu+zero from that shop on the 23th january and have not receive package as of.2.9.2015.i have contacted them and there told me there will contact the shipper.i have tracking,and it said sent out on 1.26.2015.no forder information.i have write to papal for escalation.

Costactc
02-09-2015, 02:30 PM
It took 2 weeks for my unit to arrive, be patient it will probably show up this week. By the way, my name is Costa not costco.

getoverit
02-09-2015, 02:37 PM
sorry about the name Costa,get it right now.i am very patient hope i get package this week.thanks

el bandido
02-09-2015, 03:57 PM
You should have received tracking number with your purchase. International shipping can be delayed for many reasons.
I count 17 days since your package was shipped, and suggest that you wait at least another week before complaining to PayPal.

getoverit
02-09-2015, 04:53 PM
yes i do have tracking#.

el bandido
02-09-2015, 06:18 PM
What does your tracking number show?

getoverit
02-10-2015, 04:24 PM
recieve my vu+zero today,just a little more patient.first of i have a vu+solo on is way maybe a week.could i get channel list for both.i would like advice on what i can do to get the most out these baby.thanks

el bandido
02-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Excellent!
Did you get the Solo or the Solo2?

getoverit
02-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Solo,i got a very good deal on it.

getoverit
02-10-2015, 08:18 PM
el bandido, is it possible to get channel list for NA?thanks

getoverit
02-10-2015, 08:55 PM
thanks for the input,will continue.

el bandido
02-10-2015, 09:25 PM
What satellites and what bands on the satellites do you need a list for?
Do you understand how to use FileZilla, and can you connect to the receiver using FileZilla?

Pale-Rider
02-11-2015, 11:18 AM
If some one is willing to create and maintain a FTA channel list for NA let me know and I'll get it added into the OE-Alliance feeds.

getoverit
02-11-2015, 08:02 PM
thanks guys,i would like ku and c band from 34w to 139w if i can,i am not new to fta,but i am new to vu+,i have a pansat 9500 on my 8ft dish, also have a amiko a3 on a 36 in dish,so i want to take off the pansat 9500,and put the vu+ there.then combine the amiko a3 and vu+zero with the vu+solo making it into one network with the help from my family here at legitfta.so in a week or two,i would like to stat my project.i do have filezilla but have to learn how to use it with vu+,so any inputs. thanks

el bandido
02-11-2015, 08:45 PM
I have a Pansat 9500 somewhere. It was and is a decent receiver.

Probably the easiest thing to do is make a backup image in my Vu+ Zero and post it. That would get you started and would give you what I like to run in Enigma2.
The Vu+ and other enigma2 receivers can be highly customized and designed by the end user, making it my favourite operating system for fta.
Give me a day or so to get you something put together as my free time s limited right now. I would suggest getting the Openvix manual and reading it so you will undrstand basic receiver operations.

getoverit
02-11-2015, 09:11 PM
thanks el bandido,what do you mean by make a backup image in my Vu+ Zero and post it.you mean zipping it after backing up and post?good looking out

el bandido
02-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Correct. It is called a backup image and will load the same as any other image. It will be zipped when posted.

What resolution does your tv need? 720, 1080...etc???

getoverit
02-11-2015, 09:28 PM
ok i get it,i use 1080...etc??? will continue.

el bandido
02-13-2015, 06:37 PM
I am setting up an Openvix image now. It should be ready in a bit. EB

el bandido
02-14-2015, 09:37 AM
I made a back-up, then tested it and it will not load like a normal image. It does show up in the Openvix and could be installed if that image is loaded first. Making a backup with the Duo2 is not a problem. Don't know if I am doing something wrong or if it is an issue with the Zero. I can post the backup that will work with Openvix installed if you would like to try that.

getoverit
02-14-2015, 11:46 AM
good looking,yes i will.el bandido you can send that image when you are ready,does it contain the channel list?really need it thanks

el bandido
02-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Attached is an Openvix backup. Let me know if you have problems loading it.

getoverit
02-15-2015, 02:23 AM
i did load the files but i lost all plugins.did not get anything to work.will continue tomorrow,very confussing.thanks

Pale-Rider
02-15-2015, 04:06 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
02-15-2015, 11:52 AM
i did load the files but i lost all plugins.did not get anything to work.will continue tomorrow,very confussing.thanks
It is a good idea to make a backup before loading any files.
My antenna settings are in that image, so you will need to change them.
I installed several plugins including Kodi and TS Media. A channel and satellite editor is also installed.

10893 10894 10895

getoverit
02-15-2015, 02:19 PM
thanks for the image el bandido,after installing the image the main menu do not have any icon where to go get the plugins, i'am only seeing information for restart reboot etc,that it three icons only.should i reflash?thanks

Costactc
02-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Attached is an Openvix backup. Let me know if you have problems loading it.

Nice image EB, I'll be loading it today on my zero.

Costactc
02-15-2015, 02:58 PM
My vu+zero will not load the image, I have tried twice with different usb. We are supposed to extract?

el bandido
02-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Do not unzip or alter the download.
It is a bacxkup from Openvix, so you will need to install Openvix, insert the ZIPPED file onto usb drive and then restore it through Vix. I will post the exact steps in a bit.

el bandido
02-15-2015, 03:37 PM
thanks for the image el bandido,after installing the image the main menu do not have any icon where to go get the plugins, i'am only seeing information for restart reboot etc,that it three icons only.should i reflash?thanks

You should download and install the Openvix image. I will post the exact steps on how to restore using my backup.

getoverit
02-15-2015, 03:56 PM
good looking.wil do

el bandido
02-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Install Openvix
Install untouched downloaded backup image on usb drive and insert drive in the receiver.
Go to----> Menu---->Setup---->Vix---->Image Manager.
Highlight the downloaded image, then press OK on the remote.

10904 10905 10906

Costactc
02-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Install Openvix
Install untouched downloaded backup image on usb drive and insert drive in the receiver.
Go to----> Menu---->Setup---->Vix---->Image Manager.
Highlight the downloaded image, then press OK on the remote.

10904 10905 10906

After image manager the file wasn't there so I hit the yellow button for downloads and it and many other files were there so I hit the green button to download.

el bandido
02-15-2015, 05:14 PM
The Yellow button takes you to the Openvix image storage or repository. So you downloaded another Openvix image.

What I posted works. Check your usb drive and make sure the image file is on it zipped up.
Or try downloading the image file in post 27 directly onto the usb drive, then insert drive into receiver.

Costactc
02-15-2015, 05:22 PM
The zero started up as if it was new and the image isn't the same as yours. I just sent the file to my usb as I did before, I'll give it another shot.

el bandido
02-15-2015, 05:57 PM
It was a new image because you pressed the yellow button and downloaded from Openvix...:Smiley_wink:

Costactc
02-15-2015, 09:50 PM
I will give your file another attempt but it wasn't there when I went to image manager, said there wasn't any image to upload.

el bandido
02-15-2015, 10:57 PM
Found the problem.
The zipped file that you downloaded has to be in a folder named imagebackups. The receiver will not read the backup zip file unless is in that folder.10912

I will attach the file again in the correct format, and I apologize for the confusion. EB

el bandido
02-15-2015, 11:34 PM
Attached the backup image in the correct folder.
To install, download attachment, unzip the file and place the imagebackups folder on an usb drive. (Do not disturb or unzip the file inside the folder!) Then follow previous instructions for the Image Manager.

Costactc
02-16-2015, 06:22 AM
Thanks EB, I will give it a shot in a bit.

Costactc
02-16-2015, 07:17 AM
To install, download attachment, unzip the file and place the imagebackups folder on an usb drive. (Do not disturb or unzip the file inside the folder!) Then follow previous instructions for the Image Manager.

Worked like a charm EB.

Costactc
02-16-2015, 08:12 AM
Too cool EB, thanks for all the addons. My only issue, for the moment is attempting an automatic scan. I have configured my sat, simple and advanced, for Anik F1R but when I go to scan it keeps saying that it's scanning Amc 6. This is definitely only the first of many questions- by the way, this box puts all others to shame that I have ever tested.

Pale-Rider
02-16-2015, 09:43 AM

It will also work if you extract the backup image from the .zip archive and copy the Vuplus folder and its contents directly to the root of a USB stick and flash it as you would any other standard image.

Costactc
02-16-2015, 10:02 AM
It will also work if you extract the backup image from the .zip archive and copy the Vuplus folder and its contents directly to the root of a USB stick and flash it as you would any other standard image.

I tried that PR but it didn't flash, also attempted without extracting.

Costactc
02-16-2015, 10:22 AM
Not sure what I did but I can't get any service at all and the date is showing 1969? Working fine on my other receiver.

el bandido
02-16-2015, 12:34 PM
We tried extracting and loading the Vu+ file like is done with the Duo2. It will not work for some reason. Still looking for why it does not work like that....

Reload the backup and see if the time date gets restored.
You may save the lamedb file in etc/enigma2 before you reload the backup, then reinstall it after you reload and everything that you have scanned will be there.
You can do the same thing with the settings file in etc/enigma2. The settings file contains all of the receiver settings and the antenna settings.
Use FileZilla to copy and transfer these files. You will need to reboot in order to change the lamedb file, and you will need to hardboot by turning the power off (unplug or use rocker switch on back) after you transfer the settings file.

Pale-Rider
02-16-2015, 12:47 PM
We tried extracting and loading the Vu+ file like is done with the Duo2. It will not work for some reason. Still looking for why it does not work like that....

Reload the backup and see if the time date gets restored.
You may save the lamedb file in etc/enigma2 before you reload the backup, then reinstall it after you reload and everything that you have scanned will be there.
You can do the same thing with the settings file in etc/enigma2. The settings file contains all of the receiver settings and the antenna settings.
Use FileZilla to copy and transfer these files. You will need to reboot in order to change the lamedb file, and you will need to hardboot by turning the power off (unplug or use rocker switch on back) after you transfer the settings file.

I dont have a Zero on which to test but when the forum is back online I will make a post in the dev room for some one to check it out.

el bandido
02-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Good!
Let them know we appreciate the Genuine Openvix Images.!

Pale-Rider
02-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Good!

No worries buddy, I will.

getoverit
02-16-2015, 04:20 PM
el bandido thanks for the image,it loaded with no problem.i am going to play with it later and let you know.good looking.one more thing,you mention the lamedb file,does this apply to me too?

el bandido
02-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Yes. You can transfer the lamedb if you want to, but you may need to transfer the satellites.xml file that the lamedb was made with. Transferring the satellites .xml file in etc/tuxbox may cause the satellite editor to crash.

getoverit
02-16-2015, 09:13 PM
when i in stall the back up file and it reloads to the openvix image there is assign that come up saying, tune failed,but it disappear once i hit the ok button on the remote.i am just a little back here,where is the lamedb file?is it in the backup file?where can i get it?what it for?ok getting there.will contune.

el bandido
02-16-2015, 09:29 PM
The lamedb file is located in etc/enigma2. The lamedb file contains the channel information that is stored in the receiver. i suggest you forget about moving or trying to move this file until you become used to the system.

On a tv channel, or while watching a tv channel, pressing the green remote button once will give you the channels for the satellite. Pressing the green remote button twice gives you the satellite list. A lot of the remote keys may be set to what you want them to do.

Pale-Rider
02-27-2015, 06:50 PM
Good!

Bug report created for this in our dev section now mate.

Pale-Rider
02-28-2015, 01:18 PM
This needs to be tested.

Extract the file and FTP it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX

Let me know if it fixes the image backup issue on your Zero and if it does we will commit it to the GIT for inclusion in the image.

el bandido
02-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks!
I sent the file, and will test the backup image when I finish testing ATSC on the Vu+ Zero. EB

el bandido
02-28-2015, 04:04 PM
The ATSC solution from Sundtek works on the Zero as expected.

I will check the backup file issue next.

el bandido
02-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Looks like that file bricked the Zero when the backup was reloaded. Will have to recover it and see if I made a mistake somewhere or if it is a bad file.

el bandido
02-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Recovered by reloading VIX. Please send another test file as that one bricks the box. Thanks.

Pale-Rider
03-01-2015, 01:45 AM
What do you mean exactly by bricked ?, My definition of bricked is the receiver being rendered totally inorerable, IE dead. which is obviously not the case if you were able to reflash another image to it.

Does it cause the image to crash or put it into a bootloop or prevent it booting up ??. The more detailed info you can give the better along with any debug logs or crash logs etc, also could you try generating a serial log of a backup being created with just the default image ?.

Basically I need any and all info / diagnostic data to be able to debug this as the main guy working on it (Andy) does not have this receiver on which to test.

el bandido
03-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Let's use the term bootloop then. Since you do not have but one led, and a black screen, it is hard to tell what happened.

I will connect to the RS232 port and do it all again. Doing this should generate a log so we can see exactly what happened or is happening.

Pale-Rider
03-01-2015, 09:54 AM
OK try this. Extract this new archive and FTP the imagemanager.py file to the same location as before (backup the original.pyo file with the same name) then reboot the receiver, the receiver it self will generate a new .pyo file from this .py file if that makes sense ??.

p.s for those who don't know

.py files are human readable python files
.pyo are machine readable python files.

let me know what happens please.

Pale-Rider
03-01-2015, 10:00 AM
If the above file allows you to create a backup let me know if it also creates a file called force.update

Thanks.

el bandido
03-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Smooth...Works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

The force.update file is in there too.

You may commit that one. Tell them THANKS! EB

Pale-Rider
03-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Smooth...Works flawlessly as far as I can tell.

The force.update file is in there too.

You may commit that one. Tell them THANKS! EB

No worries mate, I will let Andy know it's ok to submit the fix to the GIT.