PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Zero Help

Costactc
01-08-2015, 02:46 PM
All right enigma 2 gents I need to know which file to flash my new vu+zero. I'm going to do the main setup and have a look.

el bandido
01-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Try the Open PLi Image. Any of the images that are designed for the Zero will work.
You should also install FileZilla on your computer so you can transfer files to the Zero through your local network.

eastof111
01-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Costa, the only differences you will find in the images are the flexibility offered in plugins (some may show up in the plugins section available for download and some that will work only with certain images), skins, gui layout, etc. Your choice, best to try them one at a time until you find the one you like.

You might check for a multiboot option (don't know if it's available for the Zero. Usually embedded into the image or available as a plugin. This will allow you to keep x number of images on your hard drive or usb stick that you can select from a menu to boot up and not have to flash every time you decide to change an image. Very nice option for testing purposes.

Costactc
01-08-2015, 03:39 PM
I can't get the zero to communicate with my tv in the living room, it works fine in the basement. I have set it to 720p which works great in the basement and 1080i which is a bit shifty. I've attempted with the other and get no sync signal.

eastof111
01-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Did you set it for 60 hz?

Costactc
01-08-2015, 03:51 PM
No, just 720p and 1080i. I'll take it downstairs again and have a look.

Costactc
01-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Finally. 60hz did the job, strange that it worked fine on my other tv.

Costactc
01-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Any way to load a NA satellite list? This receiver is a bit complicated, looking forward to the challenge. I have downloaded filezilla and I'm going to attempt to flash Black Hole file but not quite sure how that will go. I have it on 1080i English NHK channel on 58w, picture quality is spot on.

el bandido
01-08-2015, 05:21 PM
You may use my satellite file. First, See if you can connect to the receiver using FileZilla You will need to access the network in your receiver to see what ip has been assigned to your local network, then enter the receiver's ip into FileZilla and try to connect. The login or username and the password for the box should be root root.

Costactc
01-09-2015, 01:34 PM
I got Black Hole on my vu+zero and it's real cool. I am going to attempt to connect with filezilla.

eastof111
01-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Glad you're enjoying testing a different os system.

Costactc
01-09-2015, 02:20 PM
I have been trying for half an hour without success at connecting my ip to filezilla. I also realised that with Black Hole I have a fully operational global satellite list. Unfortunately, only manual scan.

el bandido
01-09-2015, 02:51 PM
OpenPLi may have a blindscan. You will have to load it and see.

Why does FileZilla not work? What errors are you getting?

Costactc
01-09-2015, 03:16 PM
I will try the OpenPLi. It just keeps saying error cannot connect to server, I did enter my ip.

el bandido
01-09-2015, 03:22 PM
You will not have full benefits without file transfer capability. Did you look at the network settings for the Zero and verify the ip that has been assigned to the box?

Costactc
01-09-2015, 03:51 PM
You will not have full benefits without file transfer capability. Did you look at the network settings for the Zero and verify the ip that has been assigned to the box?

The ip has been verified. The zero even recognizes my laptop. I tried OpenPLi but wasn't too pleased with it so I went back to Black Hole. This enigma2 really brings a whole different aspect to using an stb, really starting to like it. PR is helping me out as well on a Euro site.

el bandido
01-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Open up a web browser on your laptop and type the ip address of the Zero into the browser. A web interface for the receiver should appear when you do this.

The blindscan for OpenPLI would have been in the plugin downloads under system plugins.

Costactc
01-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Thanks EB, giving it a rest for now....lots to learn and all the time ahead. I'll continue this tomorrow.

el bandido
01-09-2015, 09:28 PM
BlackHole has a lot of options installed and most would say it is a full image. This is great, but the more you have installed, the slower your overall speed will be. There is an option in Black Hole to eliminate things you do not want or need.

OpenPLi has a good set of basic features, then you are expected to install the options you want or need. OpenPLi does not have the beautiful boot screens either, but you can change the boot screen if you desire. I also like the Hotkey option in OpenPLi. Hotkey allows you to map the keys on your remote to your liking. Several other images have this feature, but under different names.

Costactc
01-10-2015, 02:26 PM
I have decided to try all files to see which one I like the most and which is sat friendlier. I have decided to leave the zero in the basement so I don't always have to change to 60hz. Black Hole is my favourite and I also tried PKT but to heavy on the Polish language for me and a very minimal sat list with European frquencies. Open Source 2.1 is next.

Costactc
01-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Going back to Black Hole and do hope they have a functional blind scan eventually. The Opendroid and PKT had blind scan function but it didn't work. I was really impressed with VTI, Openspa and Pbnigma. Giving it a rest for today but will pick it up again tomorrow.

el bandido
01-10-2015, 04:36 PM
What kind of lnb are you using with the blindscan?

eastof111
01-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Costa, did you get your Xbmc ipk file installed and does it work?

el bandido
01-10-2015, 06:50 PM
The XBMC ipk is obsolete and no longer supported. It has been replaced with the Kodi plugin which is much better.

eastof111
01-10-2015, 09:16 PM
I was referring to [Only registered and activated users can see links] and [Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
01-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Cannot see that because I am unable to login and see no path for password recovery. Here is what I am referring to:

If plugin XBMCAddons is already installed - KodiDirect can be found in Plugins and also in Extenssions lists. Users can continue using XBMCAddons - but please note that it will not be supported any more. Any particular XBMCAddons plugin that does not work with KodiDirect - may be converted on request.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
01-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Got straightened out at VIX so I can see inside your link. I think we had the same idea.

Costactc
01-11-2015, 06:53 AM
What kind of lnb are you using with the blindscan?

Universal, on Hispasat at the moment.

Costa, did you get your Xbmc ipk file installed and does it work?

I had it installed initially but I kept getting green shut down screen. I just went back to Black Hole when I called it a day. There must be a way to stream with the zero?

manicscrewdriver
01-11-2015, 07:52 AM
have you tried OpenATV yet mate?

I have had my Vu+ Zero for about a week now and to be honest I think its a great little box. I still think its a big pity that VIX have decided not to support this receiver, but i'm sure they have their reasons. Like yourself I have Blackhole 2.1.4 on mine too. I have I have been messing with Linux boxes for a long time using Neutrino, E1 and E2 so i'm sure I can help with most things.

I use the same channel list on my Vu+ (Blackhole), my Gigablue (VIX) and my Alien 2 (PKT) and all the boxes work fine with the same channel list, so all you need to do is make one list and just keep it on your PC/MAC for use ata later day. I use Dreamboxedit to modify and install the channel lists and Cute FTP to modify the files on the box.

CuteFTP has been the best FTP client i have used for a long time and is perfect for communicating with these boxes. If you need a copy just let me know, It works with all versions of windows from XP upwards. I haven't had much time to experiment with the Vu+ and haven't tried streaming yet, although to be honest i use my Alien 2 mostly for streaming IPTV stuff.

Nano

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Universal, on Hispasat at the moment.

I had it installed initially but I kept getting green shut down screen. I just went back to Black Hole when I called it a day. There must be a way to stream with the zero?

From what I can gather streaming and recording on the Zero and the Solo SE were initially disabled by Vu+ possibly for kind of tax avoidance (although thats just speculative) when shipping the receivers, these functions were then re-enabled with the inclusion of a pau.bb file. you can read more about it here.

Costactc
01-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Has anybody heard of a working blind scan?

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm not even sure if the Zero has a blindscan compatible tuner yet.

el bandido
01-11-2015, 08:43 AM
If the blindscan option is there, then it probably works. You will need to post the crash log which is generated when there is a green screen. Posting the crash log would tell us what happened.

Have you fixed FileZilla? You can also use the plugin Dream Explorer to access files in the receiver.

Costactc
01-11-2015, 09:01 AM
No, I haven't setup filezilla yet. I will look for dream explorer. I noticed a great iptv list but I can't get it to work, any ideas? I am going to reinstall kodi and give it another shot.

el bandido
01-11-2015, 09:27 AM
My Zero tracking shows:

January 10, 2015 , 5:34 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

So I should be able to help you better later in the week.

Costactc
01-11-2015, 09:33 AM
No sign of dream explorer in plugins. I inserted my usb for kodi file but I can't seem to find it.

el bandido
01-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Which image are you using? I have no idea which image you are using now, but would suggest picking one and staying with it. Doing this will make it easier to sort the issues.
Dream explorer load by default on many images but not on all. Dream explorer should be found by pressing menu--->plugins. If it is not listed, then go to the plugins menu (menu--->Plugins) and press the green remote button. This will cause the downloadable plugins to appear if you are connected to the internet. Dream Explorer can be found in the downloadable plugins under Extensions.

Costactc
01-11-2015, 10:03 AM
I have decided on Black Hole. I will attempt dream explorer again.

el bandido
01-11-2015, 10:11 AM
Selecting BlackHole eliminates blindscan. They do not support it.

Costactc
01-11-2015, 10:19 AM
I know but it's the one I like the most and blind scan didn't work in the 2 that had it. I found dream explorer in Black Hole addons plugins, v7.3. There is a huge list of storage devices for dream explorer, which one?

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 10:25 AM
If the BH image does not natively support blindscan for this receiver then something is amiss because BH is based directly on Vu+'s very own OI and contains all the same code it uses. I cant speak for the other images but I do know ATV are not against putting things in images without checking they work first, in fact most of the time they release images without even testing they boot on a physical receiver.

el bandido
01-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Insert usb stick into the receiver, then copy the crash files from the tmp folder to it. Zip it up and post it. OR copy the whole tmp folder.

You can also transfer satellites .XML file using this plugin but it is muchj easier to use FileZilla once you figure out what is wrong with it.

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 10:30 AM
If the BH image does not natively support blindscan for this receiver then something is amiss because BH is based directly on Vu+'s very own OI and contains all the same code it uses. I cant speak for the other images but I do know ATV are not against putting things in images without checking they work first, in fact most of the time they release images without even testing they boot on a physical receiver.

If I remember on I will ask stef if Blindscan is present and working for this box in the ViX test image, I know he has a sample for testing.

Costactc
01-11-2015, 10:35 AM
If I remember on I will ask stef if Blindscan is present and working for this box in the ViX test image, I know he has a sample for testing.

That would be awesome bud.

Costactc
01-11-2015, 10:37 AM
Insert usb stick into the receiver, then copy the crash files from the tmp folder to it. Zip it up and post it. OR copy the whole tmp folder.

You can also transfer satellites .XML file using this plugin but it is muchj easier to use FileZilla once you figure out what is wrong with it.

There are 10 files in the tmp, which one?

el bandido
01-11-2015, 10:41 AM
BlackHole has never supported blindscan. All they have for the Duo2 is an old Ku blindscan and nothing for c band. I have already asked BlackHole if they have blindscan for Zero and the answer was No.

My information shows that there is a working blindscan for the Zero. I also saw where the Zero has been added to the blindscan plugin and since it has the same tuner as the Duo2, it should work. Maybe I am wrong about this but I looked at the Zero very carefully before I ever ordered the box.

el bandido
01-11-2015, 10:43 AM
There are 10 files in the tmp, which one?

Just copy the whole tmp folder, zip it and post it. There should not be any personal info ion that folder.

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 11:57 AM
BlackHole has never supported blindscan. All they have for the Duo2 is an old Ku blindscan and nothing for c band. I have already asked BlackHole if they have blindscan for Zero and the answer was No.

My information shows that there is a working blindscan for the Zero. I also saw where the Zero has been added to the blindscan plugin and since it has the same tuner as the Duo2, it should work. Maybe I am wrong about this but I looked at the Zero very carefully before I ever ordered the box.

They dont have Blindscan for C band because Vu+ does not have it, the BH image is 100 percent based on the original Vu+ image, they wont add fixes in the way we do in the OE-A unless the come from Vu+ them selves. The only reason C band blindscan works in the OE-A based blindscan is because Huevos fixed it him self.

P.S VTI are in the same boat as BH here as they are also based directly on the Vu+ OI.

OK so after speaking to one of the ViX Devs it seems the Zero's tuners do not support blindscan hence why it was removed from the GIT and why it is not present in BH / VTI.

el bandido
01-11-2015, 12:13 PM
What tuner does the Zero have?

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 12:47 PM
What tuner does the Zero have?

No idea, but I will ask.

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 01:01 PM
No idea, but I will ask.

I Don't know the exact tuner model number for the Zero but it can't have the same tuners as the Duo2, the Duo2 uses removable tuner modules the Zero uses a single fixed none removable tuner.

manicscrewdriver
01-11-2015, 01:18 PM
The Vu+ Zero uses a BCM7362 Tuner as shown in picture below.

Nano

Costactc
01-11-2015, 01:52 PM
The Vu+ Zero uses a BCM7362 Tuner as shown in picture below.

Nano

I'm not too familiar with this stuff but how did you get that into a picture?

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm not too familiar with this stuff but how did you get that into a picture?

you can use a telnet session or directly via your browser, give me a few seconds and i'll post some commands here for you.

Pale-Rider
01-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Screen Grabs/Dumps
Via a telnet session.

grab -o -p /tmp/grab.png [change grab to the file name you want it to be] shows OSD only.
grab -d -p /tmp/grab.png [change grab to the file name you want it to be] shows OSD with channel.

your png files will be sent to /tmp directory for you to retrieve via FTP.

===

screen grab via browser

Enter this line into your browser [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Change, 192.168.1.5 - to the ip of your receiver, the screen grab can then be saved directly from within the browser it self.

There are some plugins to do this too but I find it by far easier and faster to use these above methods.

Pale-Rider
01-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Another little update on this.

Just spoke to Huevos who has said that it is possible the Zero's tuners may support blindscan but that Vu+ have not as yet release a binary to activate it, and it's not something any one else could do as the binary needed is closed source.

He also stated that if you are interested in blind-scanning with a Vu+ receiver, the single best option by far is the Solo2, it's tuners are more accurate than any other including the modular tuners used by the Duo2.

eastof111
01-13-2015, 12:46 AM
Screen Grabs/Dumps

screen grab via browser

Enter this line into your browser [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Change, 192.168.1.5 - to the ip of your receiver, the screen grab can then be saved directly from within the browser it self.

There are some plugins to do this too but I find it by far easier and faster to use these above methods.

To make life easier for the next screen grab, just create a bookmark in your web browser with the above listed info.

If you would like to see all your current services, just create another bookmark with ipaddress/web/getallservices

manicscrewdriver
01-13-2015, 04:31 AM
The way i do the screen shots is just by using the web interface. Just type in the ip address of the box into your web browser (from a PC or MAC connected on the same internal network) and it should display the web interface, although it may first ask for root user and password of box.

Click on grab screenshot and it will grab what ever is on the screen at the time. To save it you just right click and select save as.

If you want it to show menus etc etc, you just bring them up with the remote and then take a screenshot.

If you want it in high resolution just click on the box with high resolution on it.

This will work with what ever is on the screen at the time on virtually any enigma 2 box.

Nano

Pale-Rider
01-13-2015, 12:58 PM
The ViX Image is now available for the Zero, I would upload it but I am on a mobile connection and dont have the bandwidth to upload large files.

Costactc
01-13-2015, 01:35 PM
The ViX Image is now available for the Zero, I would upload it but I am on a mobile connection and dont have the bandwidth to upload large files.

Thanks, will test it out today.

manicscrewdriver
01-13-2015, 01:46 PM
Excellent news, I will also have to try it out when i get the chance :ter:

I was under the impression from what i had read on other forums that VIX had no plans to support the Vu+ Zero. Anyway I'm glad to be proved wrong :D

Nano

Costactc
01-13-2015, 03:10 PM
I like the OpenVix image, think it'll be a keeper for me.

Pale-Rider
01-13-2015, 04:22 PM
I was under the impression from what i had read on other forums that VIX had no plans to support the Vu+ Zero. Anyway I'm glad to be proved wrong :D

Nano

There were multiple factors in play, not least tet fact that up until a few days ago no one even had a Zero to test in ViX, you know your self we wont release a image that we have not tested our selves so there was no point building a image no one had a receiver for.