PDA

View Full Version : Dream Experience

cpr43
01-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Well, sooner or later I was going to get my hands into this. A friend brought me a dead Dreambox 500-S to see if I can bring it back alive. Since this is something I haven't play before it was time for me to read. After a couple of days of readings I decided to go ahead and begin my learning process. Since the box was previously loaded with a Pli image I decided to use the latest from the pli org. So RS232 null cable and Ethernet on hand it was time to begin. I first connected the box using the null cable and lunch the Dreamup program. I did a connect after setting the Com port. Later did a complete wipe out using Erase and following with the loading of the latest pli images. After a few minutes the process finished and the box rebooted in Pal. Changed it to NTSC and got picture. Its alive!! Then I load a west arc DB using the Dreamboxedit program via ethernet. Now I have north america sats. So I went one by one and set the LNB type, freq. etc. I choose one of my fixed dishes and set the proper port setting. I check to see some of the TPs were inside the list so did a test scan. Voila!! Pretty nice experience!! :th_thumbs20up:

rrob311
01-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Cool, do you have any screenshots?

el bandido
01-27-2015, 07:56 PM
I have uploaded an onboard satellite editor with a satellites.xml that will work in that receiver. You may try them if you understand how to transfer them to our receiver.

eastof111
01-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Nice! Glad to see more guys getting into the E2 scheme of things here.

dr.zin
01-27-2015, 08:43 PM
I think that one was the subject of clone kills a few years ago.
You may be double lucky and got a real one.

el bandido
01-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Very few if any of todays opensource enigma2 images have clone kill. They just do not run on unauthorized boxes unless patched.