PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Aspen EASDTV2BUHF UHF antenna

rrob311
03-11-2015, 06:35 PM
I picked up one of these for 15$ shipped specifically to permanently mount it and get one channel that is 50 miles or so from me. I set it up and added a radio shack pre-amp to it. I did a channel scan and to my surprise I got NBC in Rhode Island to come in which is about 90 miles away. I have a good line of sight to it and the station is putting out 975kw so that helps. Hopefully it will come in consistently. I like this antenna because it is smaller and it is portable since I put it on a tripod.

Costactc
03-12-2015, 02:33 PM
That looks like the antenna I used in Europe for local channels.

eastof111
03-12-2015, 02:59 PM
That's pretty good reception for 90 miles. I've seen the same setup in a 4 element array; my guess is that would be really good for fringe area reception.

rrob311
03-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Ya I wasn't even expecting to get that channel. But I did some research and it appears there are no hills blocking me. There are a few other channels at the same location of the transmitter but one is 375kw, another is like 50kw. Maybe go after those with an 8 bay or something. I won't be able to check reception again until next week but hopefully it stays.