PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 800HD

Costactc
03-16-2015, 03:51 PM
I ordered a new Dreambox 800hd last week and should be receiving it this week, another affordable toy to test out E2 and other things:

Dreambox DM800 HD PVR Satellite Reciever Box Specifications:
- 300 MHz MIPS Processor
- Linux Operating System
- OLED - Display
- MPEG-2 / H.264 Hardware decoding
- Tuner: DVB-S, optional: DVB-C, DVB-T
- Tuner Module, Plug&Play
- 1 x Smartcard-Reader
- V.24/RS232 Interface
- 10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface
- 1 x Scart (RGB, FBAS or S-Video)
- DVI
- 2 x USB 2.0
- analog modem
- S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)
- 64 MByte Flash, 256 MByte RAM
- SATA
- for use either as internal SATA HDD 2,5“
- or to use for extern eSATA

- unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio
- channel-change time < 1 second
- automatic service scan
- directly bouquet-lists
- EPG (electronic program guide)
- multiple LNB-Switching control (supports DiSEqC)
- OSD in many languages and skin-support
- Videotext Decoder
- extern 12V power supply

DreamBox DM800 technical data

DBS-Tuner mit DVB-S2:

Frequency Range 950 .... 2150 MHz
Demodulation DVB-S (QPSK); DVB-S2 (8PSK,QPSK)
Symbol rate DVB-S: 2 ... 45 Mbaud/s, SCPC/ MCPC
DVB-S2: 10 – 31 Mbaud/s (8PSK) , 10 –30 Mbaud/s (QPSK)

Video decoder:
Video Compression MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 compatible, H.246
Video Formats 4:3 / 16:9
Letterbox for 4:3 TV-Device

Audio decoder:
Audiokompression MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 Layer I and II, MP3
Audio Mode Dual (main/sub), Stereo
Frequency: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz
Output analog:
Output Level L/R 0,5 Vss on 600 Ohm
THD > 60 dB (1 kHz)
Crosstalk < -65 dB

Output digital:
Output Level 0,5 Vss on 75 Ohm
Sampled Data Filtering 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
S/PDIF-Output optical, Toslink

Ausgang Video:
Ausgangspegel FBAS 1 Vss +/- 0.3 dB an 75 Ohm

Video parameter:
Input Level FBAS 1 Vss +/- 0.3 dB on 75 Ohm
Teletext filter in conformity with ETS 300 472 Standard

TV-Scart:
Output: FBAS, RGB, S-Video

Serielle Interface RS 232:
Typ RS232 bidirectional
Bitrate 115,2 kBit/s max.
Plug Connector SUB-D-9
Function: Update of Firmware

Ethernet:
10/100 MBit compatible interface
Function: Update of Firmware

Analoge modem:
analoge modem for Internet connection

SATA Interface:
- for use either as internal HDD 2,5“ or eSATAor internal 2,5" HDD

USB
2 x USB 2.0 Host

LNB power and polarisation per tuner:
LNB Current 500mA max.; short-circuit-protected
LNB Voltage vertical < 14V no load, > 11,5V at 400mA
LNB Voltage horizontal < 20V no load, > 17,3V at 400mA

Count of active satellite position:
DiSEqC 1.0/1.2 SAT POSITION / SAT OPTION
DiSEqC - Rotor Control

Power consumption:
< 15W at 12V

External PSU
Input:
110-240V AC / 50-60Hz / 0,6A
Output:
12V = / 3,0A

Physical specification:
Ambient Temperature +15°C...+35°C
Humidity < 80%
Size (W x D x H): 195 mm x 140 mm x 40 mm
Weight: 1,8 kg without HDD

Costactc
03-20-2015, 02:47 PM
It finally arrived today:

Costactc
03-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Upon booting I get Nemesis 2.4 on my screen, I'm not quite sure how old this is but I'm going to find out. The dreambox isn't equipped with an hdmi socket but rather dvi socket. A dvi to hdmi cable came with the box and I started it on my little tv using composite cables which are on the back of a European scart socket. A quick look at the menu looks familiar with my vu+zero as this would be a typical e2 menu? I entered the ip addy and it brought me to the Dreambox Webcontrol site:

Costactc
03-20-2015, 04:10 PM
I need to figure out how to transfer my North American sat list from my vu+zero to my dreambox but it has been a long work week so I will pick this up tomorrow. I also need to find an image with blind scan that is compatible with this box. I'm sure the e2 gurus here can give me a hand, a demain folks.

Pale-Rider
03-20-2015, 04:11 PM
The original DM800 is something like 6 years old now, maybe even older. Also be very careful loading images until you verify if the unit is genuine or a clone. loading the wrong image onto a clone DMM will kill it.

I also don't believe this receiver is blindscan capable, however if it is it wont be a hardware blindscan but software based and thats really really slow and very unreliable.

el bandido
03-20-2015, 11:26 PM
I need to figure out how to transfer my North American sat list from my vu+zero to my dreambox but it has been a long work week so I will pick this up tomorrow. I also need to find an image with blind scan that is compatible with this box. I'm sure the e2 gurus here can give me a hand, a demain folks.
I think OpenPLi has a blindscan plugin for the DM800. You will just have to check and see. You can expect it to blindscan as slow or slower than an Az Premium+ running enigma2, which takes 30-45 minutes to scan one satellite.

Moving channels and settings from the Zero should be easy. Three files is all you need to mess with.
You will need to copy your antenna settings from the Zero's setting file in etc/enigma2, the paste the copied settings into the settings file for the Dreambox.
The lamedb file in etc/enigma2 has your channel info, so you will need to install that file in the Dreambox.
The satellites.xml will need to be transferred, else the settings and channels may not work. You can find the satellites. xml in etc/tuxbox.

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 04:55 AM
Blindscan is pretty much a waste of time on this box.

Use Dreamboxedit to transfer you NA channel list from your Vu+ to you Dreambox, It will transfer all your favorites and also the important satellites.xml file. You can find it on the ihaveadreambox site in the datbase section.

I use it to transfer my main channel list between all my E2 receivers, although you could also use Dreambox control Center, although i find Dreamboxedit (any version) better suited to my needs.

The one thing that will become completely obvious with this receiver is how little space there is for plugins in the flash memory. To get round this use either flash expander which will basically allow you to move the whole VAR file over to a USB penstick or use Barry Allen. I find the best way with these boxes is to use Barry Allen which will allow you install upto 8 different images on a USB pendrive whilst leaving the original flash image completely intact.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

if you mess up the image on the usb you just boot up from flash and then remove the damaged image and then just start again from a freshly installed image on the USB. It can save a lot of hassle later on if your new to the receiver.

I'm sure Barry Allen is included in the TSMedia plugin, although its best to see if you can find the straight IPK files and install it that way or you could install it using Dreambox control center as the video shows. TSMedia is definately the easiest way. It may also have Meoboot which is essentially the same thing.

The best way to flash an image to the flash memory is using this method, its the same for all boxes wether Clone or not.

Use Internet Explorer or Chrome when flashing via the webif as firefox doesn't seem to always work for some unkown reason.

i have to re-ittertate make sure you use the right image for the sim otherwise you will get the dreaded NO CA error.

If you need any help just ask.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 05:32 AM
I'm on the ihaveadreambox site but it's quite complicated as mostly German is the maon language of this site. I went to database but can't seem to find dreambox edit. Upon booting the Dm800 all I see is Nemesis 2.4, is there somewhere else I can check to see if this is an original or a clone?

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 06:15 AM
Sorry i meant look on the OLED front display of the receiver. Failing that you can open it and take the sim out. It should be written on it what sim it is.

Dreambox edit on the Ihaveadreambox site is under Dreambox - Programme / Tools -> Settings Editoren

Use an older version as the IHAD team have been known to use software that won't work with clones. I use version 5.1.1.1.

I have attached it to this thread

Costactc
03-21-2015, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the file. How do I remove the sim as I have been looking into images, the seller told me that this is a clone.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 06:50 AM
I rebooted the dm800 and I saw sim 201 on the front panel display.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 07:06 AM
I would like to find the most compatible image for this box which would have tsmedia and others, do prefer open pli. It just seems really complicated to change the image on this box, too bad it isn't as easy as the vu+zero.

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 07:12 AM
Its a doddle to change the image. Connect it to your router, switch it on until you see ***stop*** and an IP address.

type the IP address into the browser on a PC or MAC connected to the same router and then just flash from the webif. I found it easier than flashing my Vu+ or Gigablue.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 07:27 AM
Its a doddle to change the image. Connect it to your router, switch it on until you see ***stop*** and an IP address.

type the IP address into the browser on a PC or MAC connected to the same router and then just flash from the webif. I found it easier than flashing my Vu+ or Gigablue.

Thanks but I'm a novice at this stuff. If you have the time, detailed steps would be appreciated.

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 08:00 AM
If you can boot the box into flash mode by holding down the power key, you should be able to find out which bootloader the box is using by accessing the webif.

We need to make sure you have the right image before flashing it. I'm guessing if its EDG Nemesis thats on it it will probably be bootloader #82 Find out which on it is and we'll go from there.

This should help you flash your box once you have decided which image to use.

Don't be suprised if some images don't boot, certain ones don't play well with cloned boxes.

el bandido
03-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Do you think he bought a clone?

More on flashing the DM800 can be found in the link.

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 08:51 AM
I rebooted the dm800 and I saw sim 201 on the front panel display.

Most definately, Its a SIM 2.01 based clone, fortunately they are the best supported out of all the clones available. If its purchased as new it would be unlikely to be genuine due to how long ago Dream Multimedia stopped producing them.

I would recommend using one of RamiMahers Gemini based backup images as they are quite stable and will have all the plugins you require including TSMedia. I found the most stable image on my old clone DM800HD was the EDG Nemesis image thats already on it, although you will need the extra.url to be able to access the EDG download server.

el bandido
03-21-2015, 09:11 AM
OK. So loading original OpenPLi image would risk clone detection which might erase the bootloader or do something else to make the box useless?

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 09:20 AM
It would give it a NO CA error and would essentially brick the box if you use a genuine image on it. You can recover the box from a NO CA error, but sometimes it can be a right pain and other times it works first time.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 10:07 AM
If you can boot the box into flash mode by holding down the power key, you should be able to find out which bootloader the box is using by accessing the webif.

We need to make sure you have the right image before flashing it. I'm guessing if its EDG Nemesis thats on it it will probably be bootloader #82 Find out which on it is and we'll go from there.

This should help you flash your box once you have decided which image to use.

Don't be suprised if some images don't boot, certain ones don't play well with cloned boxes.

Yes, it is a clone. Sim 201 #84a.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 10:31 AM
When i go to the ip addy it doesn't bring me to webif as with my zero, it brings me to Dreambox WebControl.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Here is a screenshot using Dreambox WebControl:

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 10:54 AM
To get to the debug/loader webif you have to switch off the box and then hold down the power button whilst pluging the PSU in.

You will then see on the OLED front display ***stop*** and an IP address underneath it.

When you see that type in the ip address shown on the front display into your pcs web browser. That will allow you to access the webif.

It should look similar to this.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Thanks for all your help Manic, will give it a shot a bit later and report back.

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Good luck :D

Its pretty much a doddle with the DM800 in all honesty providing you have the right image. Just double check the image from the link i gave you in the PM is the correct image before proceeding.

Costactc
03-21-2015, 02:06 PM
It's all good Manic but it took a few attempts until I realised that I needed to unzip the file. My DM800 hd is now running enigma2 with Merlin image. Now, I need to figure out what EB was helping me with with my NA sats.

manicscrewdriver
03-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Just use Dreambox edit.

From the Options function click on new profile then add your username and password and the Vu+ IP address and make sure you set it as Enigma 2 as pictured below from the options menu. Save it under Vu+

Do the same for the DM800

Download the settings using the FTP function from the Vu+ onto your pc. You can then edit it as you wish. When thats done, select the profile for the Dreambox then just upload it.

I only ever do a master from my Gigablue 800HD and then transfer it to all my other Enigma2 boxes.

Costactc
03-22-2015, 04:44 AM
Thanks once again Manic. This will transfer all my zero settings to the dm800?

Costactc
03-22-2015, 06:02 AM
A screenshot of the new Merlin3 image:

Costactc
03-22-2015, 06:33 AM
I decided to try another image and chose OpenVix but I would prefer one that has more options like Tsmedia. I will now attempt to transfer my settings from my vu+zero to the dm800 using dreambox editor:

manicscrewdriver
03-22-2015, 06:48 AM
Thats not OpenVIX mate. VIX don't officially support Dream Multimedia receivers. Its more than likely a modged version of OpenATV with VIX skins and VIX plugins like the OpenVix for SH4 receivers. Either that or its a ported version of Vix for the Vu+ Solo 1.

You won't get any support from any of the VIX team for that image, although if you are happy with it all well and done. There are plenty of images that have been ported over to the DM800 like Blackhole, but as with any ported image support is very limited.

The good thing with the DM800HD is that so many teams have done images for them you have probably more choice than any other receiver.

Costactc
03-22-2015, 06:53 AM
I'm having a slight issue with dreambox edit. After going to options it automatically recognizes my dreambox, which I don't have connected, on my vu+zero ip and when I hit the new profile button it doesn't do anything and still retains the same info of my dreambox.

Costactc
03-22-2015, 06:56 AM
Thats not OpenVIX mate. VIX don't officially support Dream Multimedia receivers. Its more than likely a modged version of OpenATV with VIX skins and VIX plugins like the OpenVix for SH4 receivers. Either that or its a ported version of Vix for the Vu+ Solo 1.

You won't get any support from any of the VIX team for that image, although if you are happy with it all well and done. There are plenty of images that have been ported over to the DM800 like Blackhole, but as with any ported image support is very limited.

The good thing with the DM800HD is that so many teams have done images for them you have probably more choice than any other receiver.

Any image you would suggest that would have more options? I'd like to decide on an image before tackling the vu settings. I find the image I'm using now is a bit buggy.

Costactc
03-22-2015, 07:59 AM
I flashed the latest image by ramiMaher-OoZoon and now am flashing Blackhole 2.1.5, we'll see what it looks like before actually keeping it. I'm also thinking of trying an OpenPli as well.

Pale-Rider
03-22-2015, 08:13 AM

Correct, although we did very briefly produce a limited run of the ViX 2.0 series images for DMM hardware, we just did not have any teams members with the correct receivers to test the images, so they were binned. We did also approach DMM them selves to offer official ViX support but they pretty much told us to go take a flying jump so we did.

Costactc
03-22-2015, 08:17 AM
I kind of like the basic image of Blackhole and will be sticking with it:

Costactc
03-22-2015, 09:43 AM
I wasn't having much success with dreambox edit so I decided to use filezilla instead. I managed to transfer North American sat list to my dreambox from the file from my zero using filezilla, however the sat list incorporates all sats not just what I had on my zero, it's a start for now. I will be attempting the other 2 file transfer.

Telstar 12-15w

el bandido
03-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Use FileZilla to transfer the lamedb in etc/enigma2 and satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox.
Transferring the antenna settings is a bit more complicated.

Costactc
03-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Use FileZilla to transfer the lamedb in etc/enigma2 and satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox.
Transferring the antenna settings is a bit more complicated.

Satellites.xml was already transferred EB, I will giving lamedb a shot next.

manicscrewdriver
03-22-2015, 01:57 PM
I cant understand why you are having so much problems with Dreambox edit mate, Its never let me down once. You have to make a profile for both receivers, set the profile to the Vu+ and download the channel listings to the PC and then change profile to DM800 and then upload.

Works everytime mate.

Costactc
03-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Lamedb file transfer successful.

el bandido
03-22-2015, 02:15 PM