PDA

View Full Version : Looking Help to set My Switchs and LNB's enigma2

bronco
04-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Hello everybody
I am New on enigma2 and is completely different to set My switch and LNB's.. I come from Coolsat's and Openbox's devices.

Using Vu+solo Se Hd (Black hole image). I have downloaded my satellite list

This is my installation:
LNB ==>> switch 4x4==>> switch 4x1 ==>> receiver

What I need to put
Reception settings
Configuration Mode: simple/advanced
Mode: positioner, ABCD, Toneburst A/B, disecq A/B
Set Voltage & 22 KHZ: yes/no
Send disecq only on satellite change: yes/no

What about switch 8x1?
what about LNB Universal?
thanks in advance

el bandido
04-12-2015, 01:34 AM
Hello and Welcome to Legit!

I normally just use the advance lnb settings because every option is available. What are the 4X4 and the 4X1 switches connected to? What kind of lnbs do you have?

BlackHole is a nice image but it is missing some things that we need in North America. I would suggest you use a different image such as OpenVix to start with if you are in my part of the world.

bronco
04-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Hello and Welcome to Legit!

I normally just use the advance lnb settings because every option is available. What are the 4X4 and the 4X1 switches connected to? What kind of lnbs do you have?

BlackHole is a nice image but it is missing some things that we need in North America. I would suggest you use a different image such as OpenVix to start with if you are in my part of the world.
If you ask me about the brands? I am using chieta 4x1 and channel master 4x4.... Finally my receiver I will put under 8x1(DMC) installation..this is why i am asking about 8x1 also
I have different static satellites using LNB Ku linear, LNB KU Universal, C Band.. No motorized and C/ku LNBF's thru my installation

el bandido
04-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Where are you located?

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Look in post#12 in the above link and download the user manual for Vix. Enigma2 all operates almost the same and that manual gives a good description of how to set things up.

Information on how your antenna and fta system is set up would be nice, such as how the switches are connected together, and what lnb or other device is connected to each switch port. A diagram or drawing would help, but a good written description will work too.

bronco
04-16-2015, 11:57 AM
Where are you located?

Look in post#12 in the above link and download the user manual for Vix. Enigma2 all operates almost the same and that manual gives a good description of how to set things up.

Information on how your antenna and fta system is set up would be nice, such as how the switches are connected together, and what lnb or other device is connected to each switch port. A diagram or drawing would help, but a good written description will work too.
Thanks Good Information..
Understanding what I am reading on This Manual
*The Manual said:
Disecq A,B,C,D(for 4/1 switch)
I guess:
port 1= A
port 2= B
port 3 =C
port 4 = D
Is Correct?

*In regards switch 4x4 (0 / 22 KHZ)
This is what the Manual said:
Futhermore You can set the Tuner to use Voltage and 22 KHZ(for polarization Horizontal/Vertical) switching and frequency band High/low): Normally set to "Yes" (default) and to send disecq Only on satellite change: Normally set to "No" (default)

I guess I need to Set "Yes" If my satellite is 4x4 side ON
I am Not sure If set "Yes" or "No" If My satellite is 4x4 side OFF
What you recommend??

el bandido
04-16-2015, 01:01 PM
I think you are correct on the ABCD diseqc switch.

On the 4X4, which switch do you have? What is the make/model?

bronco
04-17-2015, 09:14 AM
I think you are correct on the ABCD diseqc switch.

On the 4X4, which switch do you have? What is the make/model?

Through my installation I have 2 different brands of switch 4x4.. Both brands are configurated equal in any FTA receiver (coolsat & Openbox)
1) Channel master:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] 6asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D4288027487cb4f88b66 8e62a20224731%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D29%2 6sd%3D271413877162

2) And Zinwell:

el bandido
04-17-2015, 10:14 AM
*In regards switch 4x4 (0 / 22 KHZ)
This is what the Manual said:
Futhermore You can set the Tuner to use Voltage and 22 KHZ(for polarization Horizontal/Vertical) switching and frequency band High/low): Normally set to "Yes" (default) and to send disecq Only on satellite change: Normally set to "No" (default)

I guess I need to Set "Yes" If my satellite is 4x4 side ON
I am Not sure If set "Yes" or "No" If My satellite is 4x4 side OFF
What you recommend??

Set the Tone Mode to On or Off. This is the 22KHz setting for e2. (Band, On, Off are the options.)

bronco
04-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Thanks .. I will try and let you know

bronco
04-18-2015, 09:34 AM
If I am using LNB KU linear std . How I can set below values? Normally in FTA receivers set 10750
If I am using LNB universal . How I can set below values? Normally in FTA receivers set 9600 or 10600 or universal
If I am using LNB C band . How I can set below values? Normally in Fta receivers set 5150
I am not sure on enigma2 this values

LoF/L 097500000000000
LoF/H 106000000000000
Thresold

Also I am not sure if is:
"or"

What means thresold?
Thanks in advance

el bandido
04-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Way too many zeros. The receiver sees all lnb settings in Hz, where we normally use Megahertz which is a million Hertz.

What receiver and image are you using?

The LOF setting should be set to c band for c band lnbs and universal for universal lnbs. For standard lnb, use 10750. as pictured.
Threshold is the frequency that changes universal lnbs fom lo to hi, or from 9750 to 10600. Threshold should normally be set to 11700 MHz.

bronco
04-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Way too many zeros. The receiver sees all lnb settings in Hz, where we normally use Megahertz which is a million Hertz.

The LOF setting should be set to c band for c band lnbs and universal for universal lnbs. For standard lnb, use 10750. as pictured.
Threshold is the frequency that changes universal lnbs fom lo to hi, or from 9750 to 10600. Threshold should normally be set to 11700 MHz.

Thanks Bandido
Using VU+Solo SE HD.. Black Hole 2.15 Image
So, 107500000000000.. Is correct right?
I can't open your attachment: Ask the administrator message is showing

bronco
04-18-2015, 11:02 AM

Thanks Bandido
Using VU+Solo SE HD.. Black Hole 2.15 Image
So, 107500000000000.. Is correct right?
I can't open your attachment: Is showing this message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

el bandido
04-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Looks like you are correct. The attachment should be viewable now. Please let me know if it is not.

I love Black Hole images but do not normally use them because their features do not work well in the United States. Good luck with getting the time set, and be aware that you will not have a c band blindscan using BlackHole images.

bronco
04-18-2015, 10:40 PM
be aware that you will not have a c band blindscan using BlackHole images.
Really??:confused:..Could you explain me about this? why No blind Scan on C band?
So to scan on C band on Black holes images we need to Manual scan (each Tp) or automatic through satellites xml..:confused:..??
What images you recommend? Is important to me Blind scan on C band and Ku .

thanks

el bandido
04-18-2015, 11:00 PM
Black Hole knows about these issues and chooses not to fix them. Again, a great image, but a couple of small things makes it useless for North America as compared to other images.

I think OpenVix provides the best image for the beginner because it is easy to operate and it has about everything you need, including a c/ku blindscan. Other images also work well in North America, but try the one in the link first.

Image name = openvix-Apollo.166-vusolose_usb.zip

bronco
04-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Hello..Yes, seems that Openvix-Apollo 166 image is more friendly to North America users. This image contains some North America satellites..Good!! Thanks!!!
Ok, After installed this image to my receiver I have configurated one C band satellite and "Bingo" this is my first satellite scanned on this receiver.:wee_hee:. I have to admit that this receiver has pretty good Tuner and excellent quality picture....also I did blind scan on the same satellite seems little slow the scan process but to me is not problem..I got some channels that My Openbox S9 is not getting
1) first Question
Now, My trouble is to configurate another satellite. I have tried but appears that my first configuration is missing after configurate my second satellite..So, How I can do it?..I have saved my first configuration with the Green button but is erased if i am trying to configurate my second satellite in the same page.
2) second question
What means this message : Zap Back to service before tuner set up

3)third question:This is what VIX manual said regarding LNB setting..
LNB: Here you set the lnb number you want to use for the above selected satellite. LNB number deals with routing to the LNB(through any switches that may be inline) so always only use one LNB number to access each physical LNB. If the same LNB is used by more than one satellite , i.e a motorized set up , use the same LNB number for all satellites that use they Physical LNB.

Just to make sure what i am understanding, for example:
LNB1= dedicated dish (example: 30W ku band)
LNB2= dedicated dish (example: 58w C band)
LNB3= dedicated dish (example: 40.5w C band)
LNB4= motorized dish (example: 125w ku, 97w ku, 93W ku, 87w ku..etc etc etc)
This is Correct?
thanks for your support:)

el bandido
04-27-2015, 05:22 PM
(1) Each satellite should have its on page. Configure one satellite, then highlight "Satellite" which is second form the top of page. Next, use the right or left arrow keys to move to the next satellite that you want to configure.

(2) Zap Back to service before tuner set up = Go back to the channel you were watching. (Zap = Channel or Service change)

(3)
Just to make sure what i am understanding, for example:
LNB1= dedicated dish (example: 30W ku band)
LNB2= dedicated dish (example: 58w C band)
LNB3= dedicated dish (example: 40.5w C band)
LNB4= motorized dish (example: 125w ku, 97w ku, 93W ku, 87w ku..etc etc etc)
This is Correct?
As far as I know, You do not have to assign a separate lnb number for a switch when using lnbs that are operating with the same L.O. frequency.

Thanks for taking the time to read the OpenVix manual. A lot of questions and explanations are answered in that manual. Openvix is a good image. I suggest you stay with it until you become familial with the receiver and the E2 system.

The picture that these receivers produce will be hard to beat. Also, Sundtek has an USB stick that will give you terrestrial or OTA channels for your E2 receiver.

el bandido
04-28-2015, 08:09 AM
Too many zeros. Where are you seeing these numbers in OpenVix???

Anyway, 00000000000010750 would be incorrect.

bronco
04-28-2015, 11:00 AM
(1) Each satellite should have its on page. Configure one satellite, then highlight "Satellite" which is second form the top of page. Next, use the right or left arrow keys to move to the next satellite that you want to configure.
Ok.. Let me try to understand..
Each satellite is configurated in the same page, when I am finished the first One, I am clicking green button to save first configuration , but My problem is when i am trying to configurate the second I am moving again left arrow keys to move the next satellite and save.. My first configuration is erased due I am trying to watch the channels from my first scan but not signal on the screen appears..Probably I am missing any button to click or something else to Keep my first satellite configuration

Also, Sundtek has an USB stick that will give you terrestrial or OTA channels for your E2 receiver.
Looks good Hub device :)

Too many zeros. Where are you seeing these numbers in OpenVix Apollo 166 ???

Anyway, 00000000000010750 would be incorrect.
Yes, this question was answered before..
1075000000.. is the correct..
This numbers I saw on last Black hole Image but Now I am using Openvix
Thanks el bandido

el bandido
04-28-2015, 11:29 AM
Let me try to clarify a bit.
Set all the satellites up at once. Each satellite has its on page. Configure one satellite, then use the left or right arrows to move to the next satellite. Configure the next satellite and repeat...etc. When finished configuring all satellites, then press the green button or press OK to save and exit.
You may return after saving and exiting at a later time, and add or delete satellites using the same sequence.

bronco
04-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Oooh:eek:.. Ok. absolutely E2 is other planet..lol
When I am confirming : Yes I want to configurate DBV-S2 tuner I have the oportunity to configurate/change/erase etc etc in all required satellites when I am finished the"green" button is saving all my Changes. If I want to Change something on my configuration I need to start again on configuration Tuner DBV-S2 confirmation.. correct?
thanks

el bandido
04-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Correct.
E2 is not bad Once you learn it!

lme
05-05-2015, 12:25 PM
A bit off topic: Is openvix-Apollo.166-vusolose_usb.zip good for Amiko 8900 ?

el bandido
05-05-2015, 01:37 PM
vusolose = Vu+ Solo SE.
Vu+ Solo SE images will not work on Amikos unless modified for the receiver.

bronco
05-23-2015, 11:50 PM
Hello. I have scaned some satellites but I have troubles to scan others
I think that the problem is basically to configurate my switch 4x4 (ON / OFF)
3 satellites on side "ON "works perfectly but My satellites on switch OFF is not detecting the LNB ( no channels)
On my configuration below How I can switch to "OFF" and configurate my switch 4x4
This is my current settings on my "ON" scaned satellite:

Config Mode: Advanced
Satellite: 40.5 W
LNB: LNB1
Priority: Auto
Lof: C band
Voltaje Mode: Polarization
Increased Voltaje: No
Tone Mode: ON
Disecq Mode 1.1
Fast Disecq: No
Tone Burst: None
Disecq 1.0 Comand : None
Disecq 1.1 comand: Input 1
Disecq 1.1 repeat: Three
sequence repeat: No

Another Question: If 2 satellites are going to the same Input command. Not problem If I put the same Input number?
example:
Disecq 1.1 comand: Input 1 (satellite 40.5W switch 4x4 ON)
Disecq 1.1 comand: Input 1 (satellite 58W switch 4x4 OFF)
thanks in advance

el bandido
05-24-2015, 08:21 AM
What kind of lnbs do you have connected to the Off side of the switch?

bronco
05-24-2015, 10:53 AM
What kind of lnbs do you have connected to the Off side of the switch?

lnb ku linear std, lnb c band

el bandido
05-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Config Mode: Advanced
Satellite: 40.5 W
LNB: LNB1
Are you using other LNB numbers besides LNB1?

bronco
05-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Yes. 8 satellites (kU/C band)..All LNB's Dual Legacy.. Not motorized set up
every LNB (satellite) going to==>> switch 4x4 (0/22khz ON/OFF) going to==>> switch disecq 1.1 going to==>> VU+solo SE HD.
I would how configurate switch 4x4. (ON/OFF)..

el bandido
05-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Your 4 x 4 on/off is 22KHz on/off.

Your settings file will explain how you have configured your system.
If you have not logged into Facebook or any other website using the receiver that requires a password, Then post your settings file in etc/enigma2.

bronco
05-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Your 4 x 4 on/off is 22KHz on/off.

Your settings file will explain how you have configured your system.
If you have not logged into Facebook or any other website using the receiver that requires a password, Then post your settings file in etc/enigma2.
Yes, my switch 4x4 is 22KHZ on/off
sorry, .. What means? "Then post your settings file in etc/enigma2"...???
I dont understand, could you explain, please..:"If you have not logged into Facebook or any other website using the receiver that requires a password"..???
I just using Open Vix Apollo 166 file.. I am not plugin the ethernet cable due I am doing just tests and learning to configurate and scan satellites..
Question: I need to plug the ethernet cable to configurate my LNB's and switchs??

el bandido
05-24-2015, 09:41 PM
I have no good idea of what you have done For some reason, part of your antenna system is not working. Either post some screenshots of your antenna settings in the receiver for each satellite, or copy the settings for each satellite and post them here.

You need to set up different lnb numbers for each lnb that you have, You cannot use LNB1 for ll of your lnbs and expect it to work.

All of your antenna settings are stored in a file named settings. This file is located in etc/engima2 of your receiver. You may use the plugin DreamBox Explorer, or you can connect to your local network and use FileZilla to transfer this settings file.

Again, If you cannot post the settings file, then copy the antenna settings that you have for each satellite and post them. Do Not Post Errors! Make sure what you post is what is in the receiver.

bronco
05-25-2015, 07:17 AM
Ok...I will take some pictures to post here

el bandido
05-25-2015, 10:29 AM
There is a plugin that allows you to take screenshots. This is much better than using a camera. You can also connect the receiver to a network, then access the receiver on a computer by typing the ip of the box into a browser. Doing this will give you the web interface.

bronco
05-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Yesterday I did some test.
Seems that I am viewing more "clear" the configuration details on enigma2..
Seems that I found How set my switch 4x4..Seems that the Option is "Tone Mode"..
Looks like Mode "On" = 22khz and "OFF"= 0
This because I have set One LNB Universal to get the Low frecuencies(9600) normally we set "Off".. I did blind scan and I got all Tp's on 50.0W ku..I guess that to use high frecuencies(10600) I need to set Mode "On".. I need to do a test on 97W ku to see results.
I dont know the other Option : "Band".. What means?

el bandido
05-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Band means the 22KHz will operate per the Ku band setting, which says for
Universal LNB:
22 KHz off = 9750
22 KHz on = 10600
22 KHz tone switches to ON at 11700 MHz. this is your Band Setting.
So do not use band unless you have an universal LNB.