PDA

View Full Version : Enigma2 and ku blindscan in NA

Pages : [1] 2

eastof111
04-24-2015, 05:51 PM
A few months ago we discussed E2 images not being able to correctly blind scan with standard lnbs with settings of 10750 in the advanced tuner section.

Maybe I missed it earlier, but I updated ATV last night and noticed they had a revised blind scan in their log. So, I started blind scanning all my fixed ku dishes and I am happy to say that scanning works great with the 10750 settings and standard lnbs.

Will try other images to confirm this fix.

el bandido
04-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Excellent!
They knew we needed it thanks to people like Pale Rider. OpenVix and probably the rest of the OE images should have it.

eastof111
04-25-2015, 12:55 AM
Yes, definitely a big thank you to the person(s) that assisted in resolving this issue.

Pale-Rider
04-25-2015, 07:46 AM
Excellent!
They knew we needed it thanks to people like Pale Rider. OpenVix and probably the rest of the OE images should have it.

No need to thank me mate, I have done none of the work, it's people like Huevos and andyblack who have spent dozens of hours if not hundreds getting Blindscan working properly when even the manufacturers own offerings were dismal at best. you can follow all the changes directly in the OE-A git. You can follow the GIT directly from here [Only registered and activated users can see links] There are probably other places in the GIT to follow for blindscan too but it's not a plugin that I tend to use much if ever so I am not that clued up on the latest developments.

Pixl
04-25-2015, 08:49 AM
A few months ago we discussed E2 images not being able to correctly blind scan with standard lnbs with settings of 10750 in the advanced tuner section. Will try other images to confirm this fix.

You are probably thinking of this lengthily thread.
[Only registered and activated users can see links](4-Participants)
Good news about the fix. I've been dodging the updates because the last one I let go through crashed the receiver, but I think I'll try this one.

eastof111
04-25-2015, 03:14 PM
I updated ATV on line with today's latest version and sadly the blind scan is back to having the same prior issues with 10750.

But at least the manual scan still works.

Too bad.

el bandido
04-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Try reloading the old file and see if 10750 still works. Save the blindscan folder in system plugins if it works.

el bandido
04-25-2015, 07:09 PM
The blindscan plugin is really an interface for the binary file that makes the tuner blindscan. The blindscan plugin is open source, and the binary file is closed source.

Apparently, Vu+ does not make a provision for c band, so the blindscan plugin was modified to make it work by adding this routine:

def correctBugsCausedByDriver(self, tplist) :
if self.is_c_band_scan : # for some reason a c-band scan (with a Vu+) returns the transponder frequencies in Ku band format so they have to be converted back to c-band numbers before the subsequent service search
x = 0
for transponders in tplist :
if tplist[x].frequency > (4200*1000) :
tplist[x].frequency = (5150*1000) - (tplist[x].frequency - (9750*1000))
x += 1

x = 0

We may be able to add another routine like that for the 10750 lnb l.o. We would need to tell the plugin to add 150MHz to each found transponder if a 10750 lnb is being used. This sounds easy, and it probably is easy for a Python coder to add this... But it is not easy for me to do.

eastof111
04-25-2015, 09:04 PM
I was in a hurry last night and should have made a backup, but just shut everything down. The nearest restore point I have is about a week old. Will wait again until something appears in the updates.

I too played with the blind scan file a few months ago and modified all the lines referencing universal ku numbers to standard lnb numbers, plus I did try to add the 150 too, but got no where. There are other module files that are being called by this module that probably have to be modified. I just didn't have the time to back track the called modules and see how they interacted with the blind scan module.

In the past I have seen updates that added items that worked and then disappeared or stopped working all together when the next update was released. If I get the itch again and have the time, I will go back to where I had left off trying to back track the modules. I guess sooner than later they will fix this enigma.

Pale-Rider
04-26-2015, 02:28 AM
Vu+ are not going to fix this as to them it's work that has no benefit to them, they simply don't currently consider the north american market profitable (as can be see by their failed attempt to market and sell the Vu+ Duo in NA some three years ago although it was renamed to something else that I cant remember at the moment), you and others would have to convince them otherwise.

At this moment in time you are reliant on teams mostly based in Europe where blind-scanning is of little importance these days. Don't get me wrong If I could help I happily would but you really need a NA based dev team or at the very least a NA based coder who can look into and test these things as needed, otherwise it's going to be a constant battle to get devs on board with a project that they will see little or no benefit from taking part in.

eastof111
04-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Pale-Rider thanks for your comments.

Any possibility of you contacting Huevos and requesting the directory locations and file names of the modules that would have to be modified for use in NA? I wouldn't mind spending some time to see if I could get them to work.

el bandido
04-27-2015, 11:23 AM
You can start a thread at the PLi forum and see what they have to say. That is how the Channel Selection issue got fixed.

eastof111
04-27-2015, 01:43 PM
I did just that in December of 2014 and the response was not very encouraging.

el bandido
04-27-2015, 07:21 PM
A quick fix may be to find where Reception Settings are stored, then change universal from 10600 to 10750. I do not have a commercial decompiler so I am not able to decompile all python files in the receiver.

eastof111
04-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Like I mentioned earlier, I did play with the blind scan file a few months ago and tried changing many parameters without any positive progress. The bs file works with other modules which it calls in order to work. Would be nice if we could find the order in which they are called and where they are located in order to make the necessary mods. Getting a commercial decompiler is no big thing.

el bandido
04-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Where is a good place to get a commercial compiler? or at least one that works on the latest version of e2?

A clue of the order is listed at the top of the blindscan plugin.

# for localized messages
from . import _

from Plugins.Plugin import PluginDescriptor

from Screens.Screen import Screen
from Screens.ServiceScan import ServiceScan
from Screens.MessageBox import MessageBox
from Screens.Console import Console
from Components.Label import Label
from Components.TuneTest import Tuner
from Components.ConfigList import ConfigListScreen
from Components.Sources.StaticText import StaticText
from Components.ActionMap import NumberActionMap, ActionMap
from Components.NimManager import nimmanager, getConfigSatlist
from Components.config import config, ConfigSubsection, ConfigSelection, ConfigYesNo, ConfigInteger, getConfigListEntry
from enigma import eTimer, eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite, eComponentScan, eConsoleAppContainer, eDVBResourceManager, getBoxType, eDVBSatelliteEquipmentControl
from Components.About import about
import os

I suggest not looking in or working with the blindscn plugin. Instead, find where universal lnb is defined for the antenna setup and change the frequency for it.

el bandido
04-27-2015, 09:42 PM
if currLnb.lof.value == "universal_lnb":
sec.setLNBLOFL(9750000)
sec.setLNBLOFH(10600000)
sec.setLNBThreshold(11700000)

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/NimManager.pyo (Line#304)

eastof111
04-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Those are the components (modules) that I mentioned earlier.... if I had the itch and time I would back track and see how they were inter-related in the calls.

The easy decompiler I posted a few days ago claims that it decompiles Python version 1.0 to 3.4.

Also, more info at sourceforge.net/projects/easypythondecompiler/

el bandido
04-28-2015, 06:48 AM
The easy decompiler will not work on a lot of the Python files in E2.
I spent some time this morning defining a Standard lnb As seen in the screenshot.
It looks looks like no matter what you do, the Vu+ binary is set to blindscan using Universal settings.
So another definition will need to be added in the blindscan plugin similar to c band.

el bandido
04-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Circular LNB in Reception Settings is set to 10750MHz. So you might try changing the LOF to circular and see if that setting works for you as opposed to User Defined.

eastof111
04-28-2015, 11:37 AM
I also tried changing the parameters a few months ago and got no where.

el bandido
04-28-2015, 12:21 PM
The VU+ blindscan binary sees every lnb as Universal.
Just thought it might be easier to use circular as opposed to user defined since circular is already set to 10750MHz.

eastof111
04-28-2015, 03:38 PM
I could replace all with universal lnbs, but it would be more of a hassle to replace all of them on the fixed dishes. In the interim, I'll just keep scanning the ku dishes with the Raptor, A3 and X2 once I get a chance to hook them up again. After the remodel, half of the garage is still full of storage which has to be moved back in to the house.

By the way, which files did the latest easy decompiler not work?

el bandido
04-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Channel Selection and Enigma in OpenPLi are two that it did not decompile recently. That decompiler is hit & miss. Always has been, but what can you expect for free?

el bandido
04-28-2015, 10:52 PM
I got Standard or 10750 lnb working with Blindscan. It was not that big of a deal to add it, but to do it right where it would be accepted into the images as default would take more time/work. The reason I like Enigma2 is it can be customized by the User. A few screenshots are attached.

The images below were made using a Standard 10750 LNB Running BlindScan.
Free Channel Scan Only
Image = OpenPLi

eastof111
04-28-2015, 11:24 PM
Cool. Is that with the user defined settings in the tuner section?

el bandido
04-29-2015, 05:58 AM
Again, The Vu+ blindscan sees all lnbs as universal. So you should be able to use any setting that will work or any setting that you have used in the past for Standard lnbs.
I prefer to use the Circular LOF because it is already configured correctly for a 10750 lnb.

eastof111
04-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Tried the circular setting a long time ago and it never worked for me. Tried it yesterday with the same results. Scans in a few sats but are incomplete.

Which files did you have to change in order to get your standard lnbs to work?

el bandido
04-29-2015, 11:07 AM
The scan will be incomplete because the transponders are being found using a 10600 L.O. frequency, then the found transponders are being scanned using a 10750 L.O. frequency. Think about it and it makes sense as to why your blindscan did not work.

The only file that needs to be changed to get the 10750 lnb to blindscan is the plugin file in the blindscan folder. You can get fancy and make changes to other files, but you only Have To alter the plugin file.

el bandido
04-29-2015, 08:49 PM
A lot more work needs to be done to make this presentable for an image addition. I will show you what is need at a minimum, but doing it this way makes the plugin useless for Universal lnb blindscan.

Add a routine to calculate a 10750 lnb.

Change the lnb cutoff to 11550 (I used 11500)
This cutoff exists in two places.
11588 11589

Configure Limits

Doing it this way deletes the first 150 MHz of transponders (11700 - 11850). So you need to drop down at least 150 MHz with the bottom scan limit (11700 - 150 = 11550).

eastof111
04-29-2015, 11:32 PM
Many months ago, I tried cutoff of 10750 with negative results and didn't try changing the routine. I'll give it another shot as soon as things calm down a bit here. Will give it a shot this weekend, hopefully. Don't remodel, you'll save a lot of agita. lol.

el bandido
04-30-2015, 06:42 AM
The IF of your receiver is around 1200 MHz wide (2150MHz - 950MHz = 1200MHz).
The cutoff frequency could be thought of as where that 1200MHz will start, so 10750 MHz + 1200 MHz = 11950MHz.
You could not expect to scan past 11950 MHz using a 10750MHz cutoff.

Again, if you are using a 10750MHz LNB and the receiver is looking for transponders using 10600MHz, then you will not find much if anything that is viewable.

el bandido
04-30-2015, 10:05 PM
I decided to keep the modded 10750 plugin, so I renamed it. Now it can be installed with the regular blindscan plugin without interfering with each other. At the same time, I made some modifications to the blindscan plugin as far as default settings, so I renamed the regular blindscan plugin so I will know that I made changes to it. I would also like to add 11250 L.O., and maybe another entry for the higher Ku band.
Renaming these plugins should keep them from being automatically updated during an online image upgrade. These custom blindscan plugins were installed manually, so they are not listed in the Removable Plugins Directory.

I can understand why you did not get an encouraging response from OpenPLi or any other image group. First, they probably do not have a 10750 L.O. lnb to test. Second, it takes time and effort just to do a little bit of modding like this. Many times they have modded items or added items, only to find that they are not used, or the modifications are suddenly no longer needed. Knowing this may make it easier to understand why it is difficult to get assistance from image groups.

It would be nice to see others in North America work on customizing the E2 images. There is a lot that can be done by anybody that wants to invest the time needed to learn how the E2 image works. EB

el bandido
05-01-2015, 01:10 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Test Plugin posted in the above link. Should work on newer Vu+ receivers using OpenPLi.

el bandido
05-03-2015, 09:50 AM
I decided to continue testing the blindscan plugins t see what they were capable of. The OE Alliance and OpenPLi blindscan plugins were installed in the same image, and my tests show that these plugins return the exact same transponders, so they are equal in scanning. Pictures are attached of 3 blindscan plugins working in the same image.

Did not see why other images such as Black Hole should be without a C/Ku blindscan plugin, so I tested the OE blindscan plugin in Black Hole, ViTi, and Vu+ images. The OE Blindscan plugin can be made to work in these images, but it crashes at the end of the blindscan after the found channels are saved. This crash is no big deal, and could probably be fixed if I spend some time with it. You would never be able to do anything like this with a closed source image or closed source receiver.

11613 11614 11615

el bandido
05-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Is there any feedback on the 10750 lnb addition? Is it useful or just a waste of time and effort?
This 10750 l.o. addition can be cleaned up and packaged in .IPK format for easy installing, but I see no need to spend any more time with it if it is not going to be used.

eastof111
05-09-2015, 11:20 AM
I'll definitely try it out later this afternoon and post. Your work is appreciated EB.

el bandido
05-09-2015, 11:24 AM
You are welcome. Just need to know how it does. I know the remodel has your attention at the moment....

eastof111
05-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Heh, heh, grabbed a beer and told the wife to go shopping.... lol.

Installed Satscan_10750 using Vix Aollo 166 in flash. Changed the necessary lnbs to circular from user defined and did some blind scans. Blind scans worked very well on all my fixed dish ku sats using the scan for channels search type. After scanning it defaults to service searching screen.

Also, did some blind scans using the save to xml file search type. Copied the new transponders found in the temp xml file and pasted to the satellite.xml file. Then did a manual scan of the same sats using the single satellite type of scan. This worked too.

Installed Satscan_10750 using ATV 4.2 in multiboot. Replicated the same changes and scans as Vix. Everything worked very well.

Will try some more images when I can. Since it's working well, an ipk might be in order.

What decompiler are you using? Oh, I did get a GetBoxType error first time around with ATV when I went into the plugins menu. I just deleted the Satscan_10750, reinstalled, rebooted and the error was gone. I probably screwed up when installing it the first time. Didn't have that error with Vix.

rodder
05-09-2015, 05:34 PM
I tried on amc-21 125w and this is what i got

el bandido
05-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Was that a free scan for 125? Is that how many you should get???

The freebie decompiler is all I have.

We need to figure out what we want the plugin to do, then re-write it and put it in ipk. Right now, I am working on system time/blindscan ipk for BlackHole images.

The blindscan plugin can probably be re-written to include 10750 lnb easily or pretty easy if circular lnb setting is used for 10750 lnb. Doingit this way would allow us to have One BS plugin instead of two. Currently, I am running three BS plugins for tests.

Box trype is gotten either from the enigma file or from boxbranding file. Probably just best to tell the plugin to look in boxbranding, and just send that file with the blindscan plugin. This stuff is easy to put in ipk so others can use it, but figure out what we want the plugin to do first....

rodder
05-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Yes a free scan the last couple days it has only been scanning in 9 channels a couple of times last week it scanned in 16 channels.

eastof111
05-09-2015, 06:23 PM
No, it was not the free scan; that's about all I can get using my pizza pan dish. Haven't tried using the bud yet.

In regards to the freebie decompiler..... there isn't too much out there except commercial websites that charge 5-10 euros to decompile upto 5k scripts. There are plugins that run in Linux along with python but have never tried them.

I also have a few versions of portable python that run in windows and read the py files very well, but have no decompilers within the portables. I wonder if the plugins available for the Linux python version would work with the windows portables, just haven't had time to pursue it.

el bandido
05-09-2015, 08:01 PM
What do we want the blindscan plugin to do? (Keep in mind that the binary file supplied by VU does the actual blind-scanning.)

I configured one blindcan plugin as follows:

(1) Save a list of found transponders when doing a channel scan. I like to have a record of what was found, so I added this automatic feature.
(2) Save the found transponders lists in a hard drive folder. Doing it this way forces you to have an internal or external drive configured.
(3) C or KU scan type determined by LOF ONLY. Default uses LOF and the transponders in the sat file to determine C or Ku scan. This caused problems for Rodder and others.

Thought about:
(1) Adding other LOF frequencies for blindscan (10750,11250)
(2) Writing found transponders to the main satellites.xml file
(3) Changing the saved transponders Heading. Adding the found transponder count.

Now is the time for blind scan plugin suggestions.

eastof111
05-10-2015, 11:28 AM
What do we want the blindscan plugin to do? (Keep in mind that the binary file supplied by VU does the actual blind-scanning.)

I configured one blindcan plugin as follows:

***(1) Save a list of found transponders when doing a channel scan. I like to have a record of what was found, so I added this automatic feature.
***(2) Save the found transponders lists in a hard drive folder. Doing it this way forces you to have an internal or external drive configured.
(3) C or KU scan type determined by LOF ONLY. Default uses LOF and the transponders in the sat file to determine C or Ku scan. This caused problems for Rodder and others.

Thought about:
(1) Adding other LOF frequencies for blindscan (10750,11250)
***(2) Writing found transponders to the main satellites.xml file
***(3) Changing the saved transponders Heading. Adding the found transponder count.

Now is the time for blind scan plugin suggestions.

The red asterisks would be a good experiment. Not necessarily in that order.

el bandido
05-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Writing directly to the satellites.xml file will be difficult for me. First to tell it t do it, and second to only add new transponders to the satellites.xml. I will look at this dead last.

10750 lnb is definitely doable, and should be added in with the universal and c band settings. 10750 will need to be used with the circular lnb setting. This will be be next to last.

Saving the found transponders during a normal blindscan has been done, But where should the saved .xml files be stored? I prefer the hard drive but the plugin will crash if a hard drive is not available. What do we do about this???

The found transponder count has been added to the .xml file. What other information do we want in our header?

el bandido
05-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Yes a free scan the last couple days it has only been scanning in 9 channels a couple of times last week it scanned in 16 channels.

Are you using the 10750 blindscan plugin?

rodder
05-10-2015, 12:23 PM
yes

el bandido
05-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Do not move the low frequency setting. Blindscan only using 11500, else you will lose all transponders 11850 and below..

el bandido
05-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Here is the saved .xml header:

File created on Saturday, 09 of May 2015, 14:22:25
using vu receiver running Enigma2 image, version 2015-05-07,
image Openpli 4, with the blindscan plugin updated by Huevos

12 transponders found.

Search parameters:
Tuner C: Vuplus DVB-S NIM(AVL6222) (DVB-S2)
Satellite: AMC 18 (105W) C
Start frequency: 3400MHz
Stop frequency: 4200MHz
Polarization: vertical and horizontal
Lower symbol rate: 1000
Upper symbol rate: 45000
Only save unknown tranponders: no
Filter out adjacent satellites: no
What do we want to keep and What do we want to add or get rid of?

eastof111
05-10-2015, 03:51 PM
Here is the saved .xml header:

What do we want to keep and What do we want to add or get rid of?

Not really needed by me since the found transponder count has been added to the .xml file. Someone else might chime in....

In regards to saving the xml file, with no hard drive it crashes, then, save to tmp and user must download to pc. Or try to save to usb stick specifically setup for xml files (past, present and future) which can be read by pc for editing.

el bandido
05-10-2015, 04:49 PM
For header, sat name, tp count, and nothing else, correct?

Saving to usb stick....The stick can be configured as HDD. Save to tmp and the file will eventually be erased as that folder is temporary.

el bandido
05-10-2015, 04:50 PM
For header, sat name, tp count, and nothing else, correct?

Saving to usb stick....The stick can be configured as HDD. Save to tmp and the file will eventually be erased as that folder is temporary.

eastof111
05-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Sounds good to me, unless someone else chimes in.

el bandido
05-18-2015, 11:21 PM
I decided to add the 10750 setting to the main screen as an option.

eastof111
05-18-2015, 11:47 PM
How will this affect the advanced setting?

el bandido
05-19-2015, 05:01 AM
What advanced setting?
All that new entry will do is tell the plugin whether to do the math for the 10750 lnb or not. If it is set to no, then nothing changes. If it is set to Yes, then the math routine will be done to change the found transponders from 10600 to 10750.
So this 10750 addition should not change any advance setting, or any other setting.

eastof111
05-19-2015, 12:44 PM
What happens if you go back to user defined with 10750 instead of circular and then use the new entry set at 10750. What's the scan results?

el bandido
05-19-2015, 12:54 PM
They are two separate entities.
(A) Whatever value you set in user defined will be what is used in the Service Scan

(B) Blindscan sees every lnb as a 9750 l.o. for low band and 10600 l.o for high band.

It does not matter what value you put in the lnb settings or if you select circular or user defined. Blindscan will still use 9750 and 10600 lnb settings. The blindscan l.o frequencies cannot be easily changed, so math calculations are needed to change the found transponders in blindscan to a value that is usable.

eastof111
05-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Thanks, good to know.

el bandido
05-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Try the attached file and see how it works. Several changes have been made, so check it and verify that it scans and works to your satisfaction.

Standard lnb start frequency is 11550. You have to do this because the 10600 lnb l.o. frequency is 150 MHz less than the target 10750 l.o. (11700 - 150 = 11550). This is something I will try to fix in the cleanup.

11250 and other lnb l.o. frequencies could also be added if there was a need...

eastof111
05-19-2015, 10:10 PM
Will give it a shot tomorrow afternoon.

Babadem
05-19-2015, 11:34 PM
This is a great development and my hats-off to the code writers for their efforts. I will test this asap.

el bandido
05-20-2015, 04:53 AM
Hello & Welcome to Legit!

What receiver are you testing this on? Please provide make/model.

el bandido
05-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Looking at adding an option to where the .xml is stored: Either in the receiver's /tmp folder or a mounted hard drive.

I do not think a bunch of options is a good idea because it causes clutter and confusion for the operator. But problems or issues will occur if you tell it to save the .xml to a hard drive and no hard drive is available.

eastof111
05-20-2015, 10:57 AM
If it's saved as a tmp file, Filezilla is your friend. If it's saved to a usb stick, it might still pose a crash problem, should one forget to plug in the usb stick. An auto search routine would solve that problem by not trying to save to usb or hdd if one is not found.

True, too many options would cause confusion. It's hard enough to find certain options in the system menus as it is now.

eastof111
05-20-2015, 02:25 PM
Still using ATV 4.2 latest build in open multiboot with Vix in flash....

Here are a few things I tried with reboots after each install.

Installed blindscan over old and it would not compile.

Deleted blindscan and installed new version again, still would not compile.

Deleted satscan and blindscan and installed new blindscan and still won't compile.

The blindscan folder actually disappears after a reboot. Also, the old blindscan had a folder name locale which the new blindscan does not.

Added the locale folder to the new version and installed, rebooted and blindscan
does not display in search menu, but this time the blindscan folder is intact on drive.

I went back to the old version of blindscan and satscan_10750
and everything is fine again.

el bandido
05-20-2015, 02:30 PM
I can change the version, but that particular build is for OpenPLi. Try loading it on that image and see what happens.

eastof111
05-20-2015, 02:37 PM
I'll have to flash it cause it doesn't like multiboot.... so, it might be a while.

Babadem
05-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Hello & Welcome to Legit!

What receiver are you testing this on? Please provide make/model.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) I'm testing AZBoxMe Open ATV 4.2, but it wouldn't install properly. No option for Blindscan_10750. :(

el bandido
05-20-2015, 05:55 PM
OK.
In your AzB using FileZilla, you will need to coy the blindscan folder from: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan
Zip the blindscan folder up and post it here. I will see if it can be modified to run a standard lnb. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

eastof111
05-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Loaded PLI from today and I couldn't get any scanning completed.

el bandido
05-20-2015, 06:31 PM
It should find something.Mine is working. Can you try a different satellite such as 97W?

el bandido
05-20-2015, 08:35 PM
The blindscan plugin that I have been working with lately in this thread only supports VU.
But I could move the segment listed the below quote into the VU file and probably support some of the box types listed below in Blue.

Getting Box Type is an issue. This information is gotten from enigma in some images and from boxbranding in other images. It would probably be best for all concerned to put the boxbranding file in with the plugin and use boxbranding for information instead of trying to get it from enigma.

If box brand cannot be determined, these routines cannot checked!

if brandoem == 'ini':
cmd = "ini_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid))
elif brandoem == 'vuplus':
try:
cmd = "%s %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (self.binName, temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid))
except: return

elif brandoem == 'xtrend':
cmd = "avl_xtrend_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid)) # commented out by Huevos cmd = "avl_xtrend_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (self.blindscan_start_frequency.value/1000000, self.blindscan_stop_frequency.value/1000000, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid))
elif brandoem == 'odin':
cmd = "odin_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (self.feid, temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band]) # odin_blindscan tuner_idx min_frequency max_frequency min_symbolrate max_symbolrate polarization(Vertical & Horizontal) hilow_band
elif brandoem == 'gigablue':
cmd = "gigablue_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid)) # commented out by Huevos cmd = "vuplus_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (self.blindscan_start_frequency.value/1000000, self.blindscan_stop_frequency.value/1000000, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid))
elif brandoem == 'azbox':
cmd = "avl_azbox_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid)) # commented out by Huevos cmd = "avl_azbox_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (self.blindscan_start_frequency.value/1000000, self.blindscan_stop_frequency.value/1000000, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid))
self.polsave=tab_pol[pol] # Data returned by the binary is not good we must save polarisation
elif brandoem == 'xcore':
cmd = "blindscan --start=%d --stop=%d --min=%d --max=%d --slot=%d --i2c=%d" % (temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid))
if tab_pol[pol]:

eastof111
05-20-2015, 08:36 PM
Same results for 97.

I haven't used PLI in quite a while, when did they drop the blind scan from the system menu? Or maybe I am imagining this?

el bandido
05-20-2015, 08:38 PM
PLi did not drop blindscan. You have to add it in downloadable plugins. It has always been like that as far as I know.

eastof111
05-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Yup, well I gave my self the benefit of doubt thinking that it should have been in the system menu, so I checked the plugins and it's in the system plugins. I guess the old saying is true... if you don't use it, you lose it. LOL.

el bandido
05-20-2015, 09:39 PM
I need to tidy some things up and we will try it again. It needs to run on any image and the 10750 option needs to be disabled in c band.

eastof111
05-20-2015, 10:09 PM
Ok, will stay with PLI in flash until this is resolved.

el bandido
05-20-2015, 10:33 PM
One thing that puzzles me:
You should have gotten a green screen on the blindscan Unless you had entered a hard drive directory for the xml files to be stored. Did not see you mention this.

eastof111
05-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Maybe I missed it but, didn't notice I had to assign a hdd directory for the xml file. Never got a green screen.

el bandido
05-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Try this one.

eastof111
05-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Loaded but no blindscan display in menu. Folder in system plugins is intact.

el bandido
05-21-2015, 02:52 PM
That answered one of my questions.
Unzip the attached file and remove the boxbranding.so file from the New Folder. Send the boxbranding.so file to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
Reboot

Verify that you get a green crash screen when trying to open the plugin. Then add a directory to your hard drive named: /media/hdd/BLINDSCAN_FILES. (I will look at fixing this next)

eastof111
05-21-2015, 03:10 PM
No green screen, but BS menu now displays.

el bandido
05-21-2015, 03:59 PM
Something is not right. It should crash without the blindscan directory, or at least it does for me. Did you delete the OpenPli blindscan in removable plugins before you loaded this one?

OpenATV uses boxbranding, so try loading that blindscan on an OpenAtv image. It should load on it now.

Babadem
05-21-2015, 04:47 PM
OK.
In your AzB using FileZilla, you will need to coy the blindscan folder from: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan
Zip the blindscan folder up and post it here. I will see if it can be modified to run a standard lnb. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.
Attached is the zipped Blindscan folder from my my AZBoxMe. Thanks for all all your efforts.

eastof111
05-21-2015, 06:12 PM
Something is not right. It should crash without the blindscan directory, or at least it does for me. Did you delete the OpenPli blindscan in removable plugins before you loaded this one?

OpenATV uses boxbranding, so try loading that blindscan on an OpenAtv image. It should load on it now.

Will delete everything again and try once more. Then will use the same bs file on atv and see what happens.

el bandido
05-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Attached is the zipped Blindscan folder from my my AZBoxMe. Thanks for all all your efforts.

Most of what is in this thread will not work on your AzBox. Some of what I posted here will not work on anything but Vu unless some things are changed. Also, the version(s) I have worked with for the most part in this thread will only support a couple of box brands. I can modify your blindscan file, but there are other versions are here at Legit that should work with your receiver.

Babadem
05-21-2015, 08:03 PM
Most of what is in this thread will not work on your AzBox. Some of what I posted here will not work on anything but Vu unless some things are changed. Also, the version(s) I have worked with for the most part in this thread will only support a couple of box brands. I can modify your blindscan file, but there are other versions are here at Legit that should work with your receiver.
That will be great if could modify my Blindscan files, and also point me to the area I could find versions compatible with AzBox Me.

eastof111
05-21-2015, 08:05 PM
PLI - deleted all and started over, but same results.

ATV - loaded the same as with PLI and no menu display.

el bandido
05-21-2015, 08:42 PM
That will be great if could modify my Blindscan files, and also point me to the area I could find versions compatible with AzBox Me.

Attached is a plugin file that should work with your AzBox.
Also attached is a .XML file where I tested it using unversal lnb. The transponders are 150 MHz high, which should make them correct for a 10750 lnb

NOTE:
The start frequency is preset to 11550 MHz. This Must Be done or else you will lose the first 150MHz (11700-11850) in a blindscan Do not change it to 11700 unless you want to lose transponders at the bottom of the band!

To Install:
Unzip attached folder. It should unzip to: EB_Blindscan. Send this entire folder to the system plugins folder, which is the same location as your current blindscan folder. Do not delete, edit, or alter anything, just send the folder to the system plugins directory.
Then Reboot
Plugin should install as: PB_Blind scan

el bandido
05-21-2015, 08:52 PM
PLI - deleted all and started over, but same results.

ATV - loaded the same as with PLI and no menu display.

No box type?
Should be set up for that.
Do you have a boxbranding.so file in: /usr/lib/enigma2/python

el bandido
05-21-2015, 09:54 PM
I may have edited Box Type out. Let me take some time and review what has been done.

el bandido
05-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Found the error all the way at the bottom. Should be boxbranding instead of enigma....

def Plugins(**kwargs):
from enigma import getBoxType

el bandido
05-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Attached file should fix the boxbranding error.

eastof111
05-21-2015, 11:56 PM
"Do you have a boxbranding.so file in: /usr/lib/enigma2/python" Yes.

Will try the Blindscan_Eastof111.zip tomorrow with ATV.

Babadem
05-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Attached is a plugin file that should work with your AzBox.
Also attached is a .XML file where I tested it using unversal lnb. The transponders are 150 MHz high, which should make them correct for a 10750 lnb

NOTE:
The start frequency is preset to 11550 MHz. This Must Be done or else you will lose the first 150MHz (11700-11850) in a blindscan Do not change it to 11700 unless you want to lose transponders at the bottom of the band!

To Install:
Unzip attached folder. It should unzip to: EB_Blindscan. Send this entire folder to the system plugins folder, which is the same location as your current blindscan folder. Do not delete, edit, or alter anything, just send the folder to the system plugins directory.
Then Reboot
Plugin should install as: PB_Blind scan

It worked!! :hail:Apart from missing 1 or 2 Transponders (NBC Feeds) on 103.0°W KU, which I scanned in manually, it worked beautifully. I tested using "LO" of 10750 and "LO" of Circular LNB. I'm still testing other KU satellites.:hi:

el bandido
05-22-2015, 12:34 PM
What are the frequencies of the missed transponders?

Also, we have other things designed for North America Enigma 2 receivers such as satellite and channel(pid) editors. These items should make a nice addition to your Azbox if you do not already have them.

eastof111
05-22-2015, 01:51 PM
Installed Blindscan_Eastof111 to ATV with multiboot and Vix in flash.

1- Scan start frequency is now at 11700 - see pix 1.
2- Looking for available transponders - see pix 2.
3- After scanning reverts back to pix 1, scan start frequency has switched to
11500. Immediately afterwards get green screen. This with no BLINDSCAN_FILES folder.
4- Added BLINDSCAN_FILES folder and repeated scan process above.
5- Get green screen.
6- Tried with circular lnb setting and user defined setting. Get green screen.
7- Tried with Satscan_10750 folder installed and uninstalled. Get green screen.
8- When looking for available transponders - current status 1/4 always starts with 11550 then 2/4 switches to 11700.

el bandido
05-22-2015, 01:59 PM
I Need the green screen info please. Look for the crash file in the HDD.

All of the other stuff is working like it is supposed to....Or what it is set to....

The green screen is probably coming from the HDD directory not being named correctly.

el bandido
05-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Verify the blindscan directory in HDD: = /media/hdd/BLINDSCAN_FILES

Babadem
05-22-2015, 02:34 PM
What are the frequencies of the missed transponders?

Also, we have other things designed for North America Enigma 2 receivers such as satellite and channel(pid) editors. These items should make a nice addition to your Azbox if you do not already have them.
Yes, I have the Satellite and Channel editors. 11760H 30000SR doesn't scan in, except manually scanned.

el bandido
05-22-2015, 02:45 PM
11760 is close to the bottom for a 10750 LNB. See if you are missing transponders on other satellites.
Also, your original Azbox blindscan should still be intact. See if it misses the same transponder. Remember the original blindscan will be 150 MHz off.

eastof111
05-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Here you go on the logs.....

el bandido
05-22-2015, 05:18 PM
All of the crash logs call the same error:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/hdd/BLINDSCAN_FILES/blindscan_125W_22-05-2015_15-01-09.xml
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/hdd/BLINDSCAN_FILES/blindscan_125W_22-05-2015_12-26-11.xml'
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/hdd/BLINDSCAN_FILES/blindscan_125W_22-05-2015_12-14-55.xml'
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/hdd/BLINDSCAN_FILES/blindscan_125W_22-05-2015_12-07-39.xml'
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/hdd/BLINDSCAN_FILES/blindscan_125W_22-05-2015_11-57-31.xml'

It found these transpomders:
OK HORIZONTAL 11970042 29998558 DVB-S2 INVERSION_AUTO PILOT_OFF FEC_3_4 8PSK ROLLOFF_35
OK HORIZONTAL 11995538 6249920 DVB-S2 INVERSION_AUTO PILOT_OFF FEC_3_4 8PSK ROLLOFF_35
OK HORIZONTAL 12005136 6249641 DVB-S2 INVERSION_AUTO PILOT_OFF FEC_3_4 8PSK ROLLOFF_35
OK HORIZONTAL 12012929 4444103 DVB-S2 INVERSION_AUTO PILOT_OFF FEC_3_4 8PSK ROLLOFF_35
OK HORIZONTAL 12019081 4443907 DVB-S2 INVERSION_AUTO PILOT_OFF FEC_3_4 8PSK ROLLOFF_35
OK HORIZONTAL 12025054 4443923 DVB-S2 INVERSION_AUTO PILOT_OFF FEC_3_4 8PSK ROLLOFF_35

But it did not know where to write the information to, so it crashed.
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 987, in createSatellitesXMLfile
open(location, "w").writelines(xml)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/hdd/BLINDSCAN_FILES/blindscan_125W_22-05-2015_12-07-39.xml'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x3679cd8>>,()) failed)

Maybe I just need to use the /tmp folder in the image instead of trying to write to the hard drive?
Or tell it to make the directory that it is looking for.

el bandido
05-22-2015, 06:25 PM
The attached file checks for the correct HDD directory. If the directory is not available, it creates one. Try it and see if it fixes the green screen...

el bandido
05-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Yes, I have the Satellite and Channel editors. 11760H 30000SR doesn't scan in, except manually scanned.

Please see post#4.
See if that .ipk file will install for you. Doing it this way makes for easier installation.

eastof111
05-23-2015, 12:11 AM
The attached file checks for the correct HDD directory. If the directory is not available, it creates one. Try it and see if it fixes the green screen...

Ok, will try this tomorrow. Hopefully it will work, otherwise, the tmp folder would be a good control base to start.

eastof111
05-23-2015, 12:50 AM
I think I found the problem. If the directory is empty, it will crash. If you create a 0 byte file in the directory called info.txt or whatever, it will scan and not crash.

el bandido
05-23-2015, 01:43 AM
???
Is that using the latest version?
You should not have to do anything with the last version because it will create the directory on the hard drive if it cannot find it.

It might be better just to add to the existing satellite.xml. I am looking at that but have not got it figured out yet.

eastof111
05-23-2015, 11:36 AM
No, haven't tried the latest version yet. Will do that this afternoon.

Strange, but it worked. I guess the routine doesn't like an empty blindscan_files directory.

eastof111
05-23-2015, 05:27 PM
Just finished loading Blindscan_HDD_Fix and it works fine on 125, will try with a few other sats later.

el bandido
05-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Good to see the same results using two different operating systems!

I am working on building a sat file from blindscans. I have it adding information to a single file from the blindscans, but I have not weeded all the nuisances out yet. I always wanted a receiver that would make a sat file solely from blind-scanning satellites. Granted, on some receivers, you can delete all the transponders for a satellite and it will write found transponders back, but I would like something a little better than that.

Babadem
05-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Please see post#4.
See if that .ipk file will install for you. Doing it this way makes for easier installation.
It installed fine. Testing it out now. So far so good. :D

el bandido
05-23-2015, 10:12 PM
I will try to add some features to that plugin as time permits. The file I have been working with here only supports a couple brands of receivers as seen in the quote.

if boxtype.startswith('vu'):
try:
cmd = "%s %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (self.binName, temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid))
except: return
elif boxtype.startswith('et'):
cmd = "avl_xtrend_blindscan %d %d %d %d %d %d %d %d" % (temp_start_int_freq, temp_end_int_freq, self.blindscan_start_symbol.value, self.blindscan_stop_symbol.value, tab_pol[pol], tab_hilow[band], self.feid, self.getNimSocket(self.feid))

eastof111
05-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Did some more scans tonight and everything worked well. Attached are the scans from all pizza pan dishes.

el bandido
05-24-2015, 07:30 AM
I added this snippet.

if self.standard_10750_lnb.value == True:
self.blindscan_Ku_band_start_frequency.value = self.blindscan_Ku_band_start_frequency.value - 150

Your scan start frequency can be moved to 11700, and you do not have to start at 11550MHz with that file. When you select the 10750 option, 150 MHz is automatically deducted from the scan start value.
The lnb cutoff was moved back to 11700, from 11550. This is why you are seeing a 4 step scan instead of 2 steps.

eastof111
05-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Nice!

el bandido
05-25-2015, 07:30 AM
Cleaned up the label....

Also, Have path to save to Hard Drive.
Hid the 11550 start frequency (shows11700)
Returned the Standard scan to 2 steps instead of 4.

el bandido
05-25-2015, 09:27 AM
The issue of boxbranding needs to be dealt with. The plugin needs to know what type of receiver is being used so it can select the correct string for it. OpenPLi puts the boxbranding in enigma, while other images have a box branding file.

I do not really want to ship the blindscan plugin with a boxbranding file in it, so I will probably make a plugin that installs the boxbranding file separately. This plugin could be used if you get a "cannot get boxtype" error. Still thinking about this issue.
As you can see, I am running PLi, but I had to install the boxbranding file in order to run this modified plugin.

eastof111
05-25-2015, 01:14 PM
I like the transponder count.

el bandido
05-25-2015, 01:45 PM

I do not think that shipping the boxbranding file with the plugin will hurt anything because the boxbranding file should be about the same for most enigma2 receivers. You want to load an .ipk file into the receiver without being greeted by errors and the plugin not working!

Transponder Count is shown Once per screen. It does not instantly change when a new transponder is found. this is the best i can do for now with this item.

el bandido
05-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Added Several more receivers to this plugin, OR supposedly added them.
Any brand listed in the picture that supports blindscan should work now with this plugin. including AzBox.

el bandido
05-25-2015, 09:05 PM

The attached file writes directly to etc/tuxbox, so move your satellites.xml from etc/tuxbox to etc/enigma2 BEFORE loading this one.

In enigma2, satellites.xml is ignored in etc/tuxbox IF satellites.xml exists in etc/enigma2.
etc/enigma2 is used IF satellites.aml exists in both etc/enigma2 and in etc/tuxbox.

This version represents about the limit of what I can do with this blindscan plugin. I plan on making a few small changes, then moving on to another project, and maybe add some more things to blindscan at a future time.

eastof111
05-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Great!

bronco
05-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Probably I came late to the cake..lol
Until today I have had the opportunity to read this long post and the origins..
First all, I have to say Thanks for your time and your support. :thumbup:
I guess, is not easy the workaround
Yesterday I did some scans on my Receiver with the Vix -Apollo 166 Image (Not modified) and I have experienced the same issues like others folks like Pixl and eastof111.
So, I will try your file and scan my Dishes and LNB's to see the results..
What I have read is I can use the plugin file into my Vu+ solo SE HD using Vix-Apollo 166 image. Your Modified Pluging I can use to Blind scan :Ku linear std & Ku Circular LNB's. This pluging will not interfere the Original Blind scan pluging and I Can still use original blind scan (image) to scan Universal and C Band LNB's .. is correct?
Thanks

el bandido
05-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Do not install any files from this thread unless you want to test.
We have a plugin section for Enigma2, and you should be able to find a blindscan plugin in that section to work like you have described.Make a backup before you install anything! These plugins do not support 11250 l.o. at this time. 9750,10600, and 10750 are the only ku lnb l.o. frequencies that are supported.

eastof111
05-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Had a little time today, so booted to ATV and removed the last good working blindscan rebooted and installed Blindscan_Write_to_XML. I scanned both with circular setting and user defined setting.

I got the green screen even though directory BLINDSCAN_FILES is still on the hd with the old scanned xmls I posted earlier.

Attached are the pixs along with their corresponding crash logs.

eastof111
05-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Booted to OpenBlackHole from openmultiboot with Vix in flash and removed the blindscan from the plugins. Rebooted and installed Blindscan_Write_to_XML. Rebooted and scanned with circular setting.

Here are the results of the scans.

The first scan with start frequency of 11700 and a yes to 10750 lnb gave me no transponders found display.

The second scan with start frequency of 11700 and a no to 10750 lnb, gave me a no transponders found display too. But, afterwards it displayed that 9 transponders had been saved to the hdd xml file.

Scanned with 11500 and no to 10750 lnb. Same results with the exception that 1 of the 9 transponders was a different frequency.

I am attaching the xml files also.

el bandido
05-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Lots of times, the crash log will tell you what the problem is and where to look for it:

AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'getImageTypeString'

Worked fine for me in PLi....lol
At any rate, that error should be fixed now in the attached file.

el bandido
05-27-2015, 03:09 PM
The first scan with start frequency of 11700 and a yes to 10750 lnb gave me no transponders found display.
These are the only settings you should use. They work fine for me, and I think we can make them work fine for you.

eastof111
05-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Ok, good to know, will test a few other images when I get a chance.

el bandido
05-27-2015, 06:35 PM
All of these different settings, are confusing to people, so I changed things and made them easier.

The attached file still writes to satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox, so take care of that by moving satellites.xml to etc/enigma2 Before loading.

Then,
Use circular lnb for 10750 in antenna setup. Do Not use User Defined!
The 10750 l.o. setting has been disabled. Using the circular lnb setting automatically sets the blindscan l.o. to 10750.

Since the 10750 Menu Setting is no longer needed, I may change it to 11250.... Either that or delete it.

bronco
05-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Do not install any files from this thread unless you want to test.
We have a plugin section for Enigma2, and you should be able to find a blindscan plugin in that section to work like you have described.Make a backup before you install anything! These plugins do not support 11250 l.o. at this time. 9750,10600, and 10750 are the only ku lnb l.o. frequencies that are supported.
Just to make sure ..
Is this the file & instructions to follow. Using VU+Solo HD SE with Vix-Apollo 166 image
blindscan10750_1_mipsel.ipk

I took from here:

el bandido
05-28-2015, 10:40 AM
That looks OK. Try it and see what happens.

el bandido
05-28-2015, 11:10 AM
This one needs to be checked to see if the transponders are being scanned from 11700-11850. I have no way to know because I do not have a 10750 lnb connected in my antenna system. It needs to be checked so I can move to something else.

LNB Settings, Use universal for universal, and circular for 10750. Everything else is automatic. Satellites.xml is still being automatically written to in etc/tuxbox. I will do something with that once the bottom 150 MHz of the scan is checked and found to be working.

bronco
05-28-2015, 05:25 PM
I have tried to install the File and not appears on searching Menu after reboot..
I have tried many times and reboot the receiver by back switch and through the menu and nothing. Using VU+ solo SE HD with Vix Apollo -166 image

el bandido
05-28-2015, 07:19 PM
You did not install anything. Look at your last picture.

I cannot see what you did in the third picture, but you should highlight the plugin you wish to install, then press the OK button. Then Press the green button on th remote.
When the plugin is installed, you will see a number value of 1 or more instead of the zero that is shown in your picture number 4.

bronco
05-28-2015, 08:14 PM
I have tried again..
Yes, on my first test I miss to "select" the file (on Green) by "Ok" button
On my second test seems that the file is installed but with "error message"

el bandido
05-28-2015, 08:23 PM
What is the error???
You might find it by rebooting the box, then select the plugin menu and press OK. Any plugins that did not install correctly will usually display error information when you do this.

el bandido
05-29-2015, 12:46 PM
This version is finished. Please check it for errors.

Babadem
05-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Is this compatible with Azboxme?

el bandido
05-29-2015, 02:55 PM
It should be compatible with all receivers that use this type of blindscan plugin. I do not have your type of AzBox to test, so somebody else will need to try it. I should be able to correct any errors this plugin generates, providing the receiver it is being used in was designed for this type of plugin.

This version looks for the LOF setting that you use for lnb type. It will automatically adjust for c band, universal ku, and circular(10750) lnbs. I will put this version in .ipk format when I get some feedback on how it performs. It is dependent on the boxbranding file, which most images have but some do not. I will add the boxbrandig file to the ipk in order to eliminate "Cannot Get BoxType" errors.

Babadem
05-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Regarding Post #142, I get a blue Screen crash when i tried blind scan on both C & KU Bands. KU LO: was set at Circular and no changes made to C_band LO. Test was done on the "AzBox Me".

el bandido
05-30-2015, 01:58 PM
OK
A blue screen created an error file. This file will describe the problem and maybe how to fix it. This file is called a crash log. Please look for it in HDD or tmp folder of your receiver. I should be able to fix it if I can see that log.

Babadem
05-30-2015, 03:52 PM
OK
A blue screen created an error file. This file will describe the problem and maybe how to fix it. This file is called a crash log. Please look for it in HDD or tmp folder of your receiver. I should be able to fix it if I can see that log.

I have attached crash logs for both KU & C-Band. Thanks, for all the great work.

el bandido
05-30-2015, 05:20 PM
Blindscan' object has no attribute 'binName'

Apparently the AzBox has a problem displaying the bin name, while the Vu+ does not.
This is easy to fix...

el bandido
05-30-2015, 07:52 PM
The attached file should fix the Az issue.

bronco
05-30-2015, 08:16 PM
What is the error???
You might find it by rebooting the box, then select the plugin menu and press OK. Any plugins that did not install correctly will usually display error information when you do this.
I have tried again. the same thing..
After rebooting and select plugin menu is not showing anything..
on the second picture on the bottom small letters said: Solo/Duo was not support ..
if I click the green option some plugins from the server are ready to install

el bandido
05-30-2015, 08:33 PM
There is no way for me to fix it without some error information. I see part of a message at the bottom of the screen in your second picture, but the message is incomplete. A recording of everything that the receiver does can be made by connecting to the rs232 port. But you need to install putty or something similar in order to do that, The receiver would also need to be connected to a network or at least connected to another computer. A lot of features are missed when these receivers are not connected to a network with internet.

I suggest you wait and I will eventually put the plugin I am working on now in .ipk format. You could install it like it is, but you would need FileZilla and connection from a computer to the receiver.

bronco
05-30-2015, 09:40 PM
There is no way for me to fix it without some error information. I see part of a message at the bottom of the screen in your second picture, but the message is incomplete. A recording of everything that the receiver does can be made by connecting to the rs232 port. But you need to install putty or something similar in order to do that, The receiver would also need to be connected to a network or at least connected to another computer. A lot of features are missed when these receivers are not connected to a network with internet.
I suggest you wait and I will eventually put the plugin I am working on now in .ipk format. You could install it like it is, but you would need FileZilla and connection from a computer to the receiver.
The test that I did today was with ethernet plug into receiver..This receiver does not have r232 port.
You said that I can put this file through Filezilla? ok. I have the filezilla program on my computer just let me know the instructions and the location where this file should be installed. I can wait anyway
Thanks for your support

Babadem
05-31-2015, 12:20 AM
The attached file should fix the Az issue.
When I chose to scan a C-Band satellite the Start and Stop Frequencies for Both C & KU bands are present, but there is no option to choose either one alone. If I go ahead and begin scanning by hitting the "OK" or "Green" buttons, it only scans for KU signals, and at the ends displays no transponders found. On the KU side, the Start and stop frequencies are only for KU. I chose a LO of Circular LNB, but when I hit "OK" it crashes (Blue Screen). Please, see attachments.

Please, see crash report below:

el bandido
05-31-2015, 10:52 AM
I do not know what I did to make it duplicate like that. I will have to go back and look at where that problem Does not exist, then see what I did to cause it...

el bandido
05-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Two things I found.
(1) AzBox was missing this:

if brandoem == 'azbox':
parm.polarisation = self.polsave

(2) Definitions of scan types were not properly defined. This caused data for c and ku scans to mix.

Maybe the attached file will fix these items...

el bandido
05-31-2015, 02:59 PM
The test that I did today was with ethernet plug into receiver..This receiver does not have r232 port.
You said that I can put this file through Filezilla? ok. I have the filezilla program on my computer just let me know the instructions and the location where this file should be installed. I can wait anyway
Thanks for your support

What is the make/model of your receiver?
You are welcome to test these files and installing is easy if you are familiar with FileZilla.

To install, Download and unzip attachment. Then transfer the entire Blindscan_EB folder to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins. If you already have a folder by that name in the "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins" directory, delete it before transferring the new folder.

Reboot the box after file transfer, then the plugin should exist.

bronco
05-31-2015, 10:35 PM
What is the make/model of your receiver?
You are welcome to test these files and installing is easy if you are familiar with FileZilla.

To install, Download and unzip attachment. Then transfer the entire Blindscan_EB folder to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins. If you already have a folder by that name in the "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins" directory, delete it before transferring the new folder.

Reboot the box after file transfer, then the plugin should exist.
My receiver is VU+ Solo HD SE..
Where is the file ??..Blindscan_EB ..Is different File??:
I have tried : blindscan10750_1_mipsel.ipk ...
I am confused what is the right file to My Model of receiver
thanks

el bandido
05-31-2015, 10:57 PM
The file is in post# 155, so go back a couple of posts and you will see it.

Babadem
06-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Two things I found.
(1) AzBox was missing this:

(2) Definitions of scan types were not properly defined. This caused data for c and ku scans to mix.

Maybe the attached file will fix these items...
My preliminary tests are good so far. I will update you with any findings. Thanks!!

el bandido
06-01-2015, 10:52 AM
I really need you to take your time and run it. I know it works or is capable of working because I am using it on my receiver.

The hard thing for me is to make changes to the plugin code, and then be able to see what all the effects are. This is where other sets of eyes and or users are needed!
As an example, I made the 10750 lnb automatic, then checked that it worked, but did not check the c band which no longer worked. Other fta systems and other sets of eyes are a big help when trying to do something like this. The amount of feedback I have gotten has been very little. so take your time and see what works and what does not. Be sure to try different images and skins if possible.

Babadem
06-01-2015, 02:48 PM
I really need you to take your time and run it. I know it works or is capable of working because I am using it on my receiver.

The hard thing for me is to make changes to the plugin code, and then be able to see what all the effects are. This is where other sets of eyes and or users are needed!
As an example, I made the 10750 lnb automatic, then checked that it worked, but did not check the c band which no longer worked. Other fta systems and other sets of eyes are a big help when trying to do something like this. The amount of feedback I have gotten has been very little. so take your time and see what works and what does not. Be sure to try different images and skins if possible.
Was this in reference to my last post before this?

el bandido
06-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Yes, test it as best as you can. Let me know if there is anything you want to modify or change on it. You are the only one now that seems to be interested in it enough to load it and test it.

eastof111
06-01-2015, 03:41 PM
EB, which post is the latest you want tested?

el bandido
06-01-2015, 06:26 PM
The last file is in post number 155. Please see if you can find anything at all wrong with it.

Default scan start/start frequencies what do you want them to be? 11700-12????

During a normal blindscan, Transponders that are found are automatically saved to the /tmp folder. Before the service Scan starts, this message is displayed for 6 seconds:

msg = _("\n Search completed.\n %d Transponders Found.\n\nDetails saved in:\n%s")%(len(self.tmp_tplist), xml_location)
self.session.openWithCallback(self.callbackNone, MessageBox, msg, MessageBox.TYPE_INFO, timeout=06)

Does that message need to be eliminated?

eastof111
06-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Will check it out.

eastof111
06-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Atv 4.2 with Vix in flash.

C band works fine see attached pixs. Ku is next.

eastof111
06-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Ku band...

Missing start and end frequencies.

eastof111
06-01-2015, 10:48 PM
VTI latest build with VIX in flash.

Installed to system plugins and it would not display in service searching. Deleted default VTI non-NA blindscan and reinstalled yours and it would still not display. Tried entering the directory with Filezilla and could not, even though settings were 755 or 777. Then tried deleting directory with Filezilla and it would not do so, had to use dream explorer to remove.

eastof111
06-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Opensource 2.1 latest with VIX in flash.

Exactly the same results as VTI with one exception. Since 2.1 doe not have dream explorer available in plugins, can't delete the blindscan_eb directory. Restore of usb disk later will solve that.

Babadem
06-01-2015, 10:59 PM
The last file is in post number 155. Please see if you can find anything at all wrong with it.

Default scan start/start frequencies what do you want them to be? 11700-12????

During a normal blindscan, Transponders that are found are automatically saved to the /tmp folder. Before the service Scan starts, this message is displayed for 6 seconds:

Does that message need to be eliminated?
Do the found transponders get added to the satellite.xml file after scanning is complete? I would suggest not eliminating the message.

You're recommending we use LO of Circular LNB for 10750 (Linear LNB) for this plugin? Just making sure we're on the same page.
What happens if someone is using a true circular LNB that requires a LO: of 11250 how will this work?

Edit: Will this work for a Universal LNB with LO: set to 9750-10600 or Universal?

eastof111
06-01-2015, 11:18 PM
OpenDroid latest wit VIX fin flash.

Same good results as ATV.

Babadem
06-01-2015, 11:32 PM
I was scanning 123.0°W KU and a crash occurred. I was using all the recommended parameters. Please, see attached crash report.

eastof111
06-01-2015, 11:39 PM
PBnigma latest with VIX in flash.

Same good results.

eastof111
06-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Eurosat latest with VIX in flash.

Looking good.....

el bandido
06-02-2015, 07:01 AM
Very Good!

I need to check and see why there is a missing stop/start frequency.

This plugin is automatic because it sets the scan according to your lnb type in Antenna Setup or Reception settings. The three types of blindscans are:
Universal = universal lof
C band = C-band lof
10750 l.o. = circular lof.
So this plugin supports these three scan types. Adding 11250 to the scan would be very messy and is something I do not want to do at this time.

It looks like the green screen on the 123W scan was caused by a message box error. I will see if that can be adjusted or fixed.

Thanks for all the information. It really helps! EB

el bandido
06-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Ku band...

Missing start and end frequencies.

These are displaying for me.
Were all the images like that or just this one?

eastof111
06-02-2015, 11:40 AM
These are displaying for me.
Were all the images like that or just this one?

All images were missing the start/stop frequency.

On Eurosat I tried scanning 125w and got a green screen. Here's the log.

el bandido
06-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Why do you not have a start/stop freq. ???

That is what the crash log is complaining about:

if self.blindscan_start_frequency.value > self.blindscan_stop_frequency.value :
AttributeError: 'Blindscan' object has no attribute 'blindscan_start_frequency'

The crash log from 123W does not show that, so why do you have this error and we don't?

I will look and see what I can find.

el bandido
06-02-2015, 05:13 PM
From NimManager, Here are the current lnb choices in this operating system:

lnb_choices = {'universal_lnb': _('Standard LNB'),
'unicable': _('Unicable'),
'c_band': _('C-Band'),
'circular_lnb': _('Circular LNB'),
'user_defined': _('User defined')}
lnb_choices_default = 'universal_lnb'

Note that universal lnb is referenced as a standard lnb.

Circular lnb by default has been assigned a 10750 l.o. in this operating system. This is the only reason why I use the circular setting...Simply for the reason that it is already configured the way we need it.

User defined lnb Does Not Have a Definition in the blindscan plugin. So if you use the User Defined lnb setting, you will not have a start/stop frequency to work with. The plugin does not know what User Defined lnb is, so it does not assign it any values.

The only acceptable lnb types for this plugin are: c-band, universal, and circular. I will look at making the plugin display an error message when a user defined lnb is being used. Doing this should solve the problem of No start/stop frequencies.

eastof111
06-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Why do you not have a start/stop freq. ???

That is what the crash log is complaining about:

The crash log from 123W does not show that, so why do you have this error and we don't?

I will look and see what I can find.

Haven't had a chance to compare.

el bandido
06-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Read post number 179. Looks like you are using User Defined which will not work. That is the only thing I see that can cause your problem.

eastof111
06-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Yep, my bad.... seems after I restored my usb stick, I took it for granted that the settings were still on circular which it was not. Displays the start/stop frequencies fine. As a matter of fact, if you <> through the various sats, the start/stop frequencies will disappear and reappear in the menu, depending on the circular/defined setting for each sat. Did a scan on 125w with ATV and it works with out any problems.

eastof111
06-02-2015, 11:18 PM
An error message would definitely be a plus for someone in a hurry to scan. I also like the appear/disappear display of the start/stop frequencies when using the <> keys.

rodder
06-03-2015, 07:53 AM

Dose this load the same as the previous one i have tried it 4 times and it dose not show up

el bandido
06-03-2015, 07:57 AM
The plugin is supposed to be automatic. I think that is what is best instead of having to select which band you want to scan.

The green screen from the 123W scan should be an easy fix. It appears that the error or crash was a message box error. The message box is set to show for 6 seconds to let you know what was found, and that it is being saved to /temp. If you hit a remote button during this 6 seconds, it may cause a green screen. So that 6 second message before the Service Scan starts message will be eliminated.

Anything Else???? Are there any bugs/issues/suggestions?

BTW, this plugin has a feature that you may not know about. Press the Yellow remote button after a scan is finished and the last list of found transponders will be displayed. The main screen of the blindscan plugin has to be showing for this to work.

rodder
06-03-2015, 08:19 AM
i moved satellites.xml from etc/tuxbox to etc/enigma2 and put Blindscan_EB in plugins but it dose not show up

el bandido
06-03-2015, 09:08 AM
There is no need to move any files now. I removed it from writing directly to the systems file (satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox).

What post# did you get the file from?
What image are you running? OpenPli?

Reboot the box, then go to the plugins menu and press OK on the remote. An error message may appear when you do this, explaining why the plugin did not load.

rodder
06-03-2015, 01:12 PM
post #142 running OpenPli

rodder
06-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Started over installed Blindscan_Eb in s plugins this is what i get

el bandido
06-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Post number 155 has the file you should load because it is more refined.I suggest deleting the one you have and load the file in post# 155

Boxbranding tells the plugin what box you have and also the type of box. This information is needed because the boxes are set up differently. OpenPLi and some other images do not have a boxbranding file, so we need to add it in order to make this plugin work.

Download, then unzip the attached "boxbranding so" file. Install it in: /usr/lib/enigma2/python

Reboot the box. Your boxbranding error should not be present after you do this.

rodder
06-03-2015, 02:20 PM
I loaded #155 and Boxbranding and this is what i get

el bandido
06-03-2015, 02:27 PM
How did yo manage to get 11550 for your start frequency?

have you tried to scan any other satellites?

rodder
06-03-2015, 02:32 PM
that is the way it was after loading. i changed it to 11700 and got the same results. Not yet

rodder
06-03-2015, 02:46 PM
ok i loaded it again when first loaded is has 11700-12250 but when i try to do a scan it changes start to 11550 and gives the error in picture #2 above

rodder
06-03-2015, 02:59 PM
it is doing it on all Ku sats changing start to 11550

el bandido
06-03-2015, 03:09 PM
What are you using for the LOF in Reception settings or in antenna setup? The LOF should be set to circular for 10750 lnb.

Default is set to 11700. Somehow you have loaded an older version if default is set to 11550.

rodder
06-03-2015, 03:20 PM
antenna setting are set on circular. it only comes up 11550 after trying to scan

el bandido
06-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Download and unzip the plugin.py file. Send this file to your blindscan folder, then reboot the box. Doing this should change the default from 11550 to 11700.

Also, try scanning another satellite besides 125.

Showing 11550 after a scan normal, but if you try to change it, then it should default back to 11700. You should not see 11550 displayed before the scan.

rodder
06-04-2015, 05:46 AM
I switched back to Vix loaded it and it is working good thanks EB for the help

el bandido
06-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Good!

Please test it and let me know about any issues you find.

bronco
06-05-2015, 07:41 PM
I have tested file EB (post 155) and I have followed instructions.
I did transfer the file via dcc295 (dream control center).
I am using VU+solo HD SE with Vix apollo 166 image
125 Amc21 satellite scanned with blind scan and works:bigclap:
using lnb ku linear std
I did not touch any setting..
Just couple of Tps. missing mainly symbol rate 4444 but I did manual scan

Babadem
06-06-2015, 02:52 AM
Just tested Blindscan_EB from Post #155 with OpenATV 5.0, Kernel 3.92 on 103.0°W KU and it works. I will test C-Band later.

el bandido
06-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Excellent! It looks like work on this plugin is almost finished.

I am glad to see some use of this plugin.

Now to tidy up and complete the plugin.

If the default c and ku start/stop settings are ok, then they will stay as they are.

An error message will be added when a User Defined lnb is selected. That is what I am working on now.
User Defined lnb Probably could be used for c-band bandstacked lnbs, but I see no reason to add that because there are no users wanting it.

el bandido
06-06-2015, 10:14 AM
This plugin may also be used to scan the same satellite on different bands.

Every enigma2 c/ku blindscan plugin that I have seen checks for transponder type in the satellite file. The type of scan is based partly on the stored transponder information.
This transponder check has been removed from this plugin, and blindscan type is based only on LOF type. Doing this allows blindscanning of different bands under the same satellite name. So it is possible to have only one c/ku satellite entry per orbit location instead of two per orbit location (1 for C and 1 for Ku).
I tested this c/ku combination on 103W and it works without any issues. I have separate motorized dishes for the c and ku bands. The dish for a particular band does not move until a channel is selected for that band. The c/ku combination works very well for me. I plan to eliminate the separate c/ku satellites and just have one entry for each orbit location.

bronco
06-06-2015, 04:44 PM
I have one question.. After installed EB blindscan I saw that original Blind scan from the Image is erased.. Is possible to keep both Blind scans (EB & original from Image) ? just to compare both..
thanks

el bandido
06-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Yes, it is possible to keep both, I will see about that if you want it that way. There is really no need for that because this plugin has the same stuff as the other blindscan plugins. These plugins do not control the actual scans, so they are nothing more than an interface for the scans.

el bandido
06-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Here is the error message that will appear when user defined lnb is used in blindscan:

Any comments or suggestions about this message screen???

el bandido
06-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Rename the plugin to BlindScan-NA, and attempt to make it compatible or where it will not overwrite other blindscan plugins.

Any comments or suggestions before these changes are made?

eastof111
06-06-2015, 11:07 PM

Any comments or suggestions before these changes are made?[/QUOTE]

Message looks good and it should remind one to check the settings file.

bronco
06-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Rename the plugin to BlindScan-NA, and attempt to make it compatible or where it will not overwrite other blindscan plugins.
Any comments or suggestions before these changes are made?

How I rename the plugin?
I need ftp to computer and rename and send back to receiver?..or rename the plugin using the receiver menu?

el bandido
06-06-2015, 11:33 PM
I will rename the plugin. This needs to be done in python.

el bandido
06-07-2015, 09:37 AM
The attached file should allow the regular and modified blindscan plugins to exist at the same time.

To install the attached file:
Delete any blindscan Test folders from the System Plugins folder, Then install this folder.
Do not delete any blindscan or satscan folders that were installed using the E2 image .

Updates for this plugin are:
Fix 123 W crash issue(s)
Fix user-defined crashes
Added error message if user defined blindscan is started.
Misc. cleanup

Note:
The user defined error message will not be seen unless a scan is started on a satellite that has been assigned the "user defined" setting. It was done like this so the error message will not be seen while scrolling through the satellites in the blindscan plugin.

Please test for bugs and issues. This version should be good for an .ipk file if no problems are found.

Babadem
06-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Testing and will report any findings.

el bandido
06-11-2015, 03:14 PM
The boxbranding file is not the same for all receivers, so this will present a challenge when using images that do not have the boxbranding.so file. (Images that do not have the boxbranding.so file will display the "Cannot get boxtype" error when the plugin is installed.)

If you (ipk) package the blindscan plugin with the boxbranding file included, it will cause a conflict because these files are not all the same.
Another way to address this would be to collect boxbranding files from different receivers and package them alone in .ipk format.

It would be nice if all of these images would use the same format, but they do not. The type of receiver has to be known so the correct blindscan string can be used for it.

Boxbranding is made possible by the boxbranding file or by the enigma file. It may be better to make a blindscan plugin for each method, instead of trying to find boxbranding.so files for each type of receiver.

Babadem
06-12-2015, 08:53 PM
I tested BlindScan-NA on 123.0°W KU and initially I chose these options "Only Free Scan=Yes" and "Clear Before Scan=Yes" and it didn't scan in any channels. Zero Channel found. On second try I chose "Only Free Scan=No" and "Clear Before Scan=No" and it found channels (both scrambled and unscrambled FTA). I have not had a chance to scan for only FTA again. My question is why didn't it find FTA channels when I initially chose to clear all channels and then scan for FTA.
Why is it not possible to have a real LOF for circular LNB with your custom BlindScan plugin you're creating instead of using Circular LOf for Linear standard LNBs? If I wanted to use this plugin and a real Circular LNBf, what LOF would I use? Thanks again for all your selfless help and support.

el bandido
06-12-2015, 10:22 PM
These options: "Only Free Scan=Yes" and "Clear Before Scan=Yes" were not modified that I know of, so they would, or should perform the same as any other enigma2 blindsan plugin. Try it again and do the same things. See if the problem repeats. If it does, i will try to see if anything can be adjusted.

Use a Real Circular lnb??? To use a circular lnb with a l.o. of 11250, you will need to use the "User Defined" LOF setting.

For the LOF issue, Enigma2 is an old Dreambox operating system. It has been added to and modified many times, but you have to remember, the designers of this system were not in North America, and their ideas of what the definitions for lnb types are do not always match our definitions.
Here are your lnb choices from NimManger:
lnb_choices = {'universal_lnb': _('Standard LNB'),
'unicable': _('Unicable'),
'c_band': _('C-Band'),
'circular_lnb': _('Circular LNB'),
'user_defined': _('User defined')}
lnb_choices_default = 'universal_lnb'

By default, the enigma2 circular lnb setting l.o. is 10750 MHz, so this setting would not work anyway with a circular l.o. of 11250 MHz.

I could add more lnb types, but you will have to tell the NimManager fle that you added them, and that would mean you would need to ship the customized NmManager file with the blindscan plugin file.
The NimManager file is pretty much tied to a single box, and then to a single image, plus the NimMager file is subject to change during an update. As you can see, modifying or adding lnb types to the NimManager would create a bunch of issues.

The enigma2 blindscan is set to see any lnb as an universal (9750/10600) lnb, regardless of what the LOF setting is. We add these lines to correct that for other lnb types:

if self.is_c_band_scan :
x = 0
tplist[x].frequency = (5150*1000) - (tplist[x].frequency - (9750*1000))
x += 1

elif self.is_circular_band_scan : # Add Standard 10750 L.O. LNB
x = 0
tplist[x].frequency = (150*1000) + tplist[x].frequency
x += 1

Read this entire thread and you will see that adding the 10750 l.o. caused some issues. You can add some more lines of code to this file and get any frequency you enter in the "user defined" LOF to blindscan, but you will need to solve for both L.O. frequencies, and at the same time, convert from the default universal setting to whatever has been entered in "user defined".

There are still some issues with what we have now, and I am still looking to solve them. Boxbranding or BoxType information can be found in two places, depending on the image. This is an issue that needs to be solved, plus a cleanup of un-needed code needs to happen. These lines were added a couple hours ago in an attempt to correct the Boxbranding or BoxType issue:

if os.path.isfile('/usr/lib/enigma2/python/boxbranding.so'):
from boxbranding import getBoxType
else:

I can make many modifications to the python files in enigma2, and they will work for me on my receiver.
But what we are trying to do here is to make something work on different boxes running different images. This makes it more difficult and more challenging.

el bandido
06-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Here are the assigned L.O. frequencies in NimManager:

elif currLnb.lof.value == 'c_band':
sec.setLNBLOFL(5150000)
sec.setLNBLOFH(5150000)
sec.setLNBThreshold(5150000)
elif currLnb.lof.value == 'user_defined':
sec.setLNBLOFL(currLnb.lofl.value * 1000)
sec.setLNBLOFH(currLnb.lofh.value * 1000)
sec.setLNBThreshold(currLnb.threshold.value * 1000)
elif currLnb.lof.value == 'circular_lnb':
sec.setLNBLOFL(10750000)
sec.setLNBLOFH(10750000)
sec.setLNBThreshold(10750000)

Babadem
06-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the detailed explanations. I will let you know of any issues or successes that I find with testing 123.0°W KU.

bronco
06-13-2015, 09:28 PM
I have tried to install the file "BlindscanNA" into Open Black Hole image and I got this message. I have followed the same instructions that i did on Vix apollo 166 Image with good results (post 156 instructions) Using FTP via DCC..Using VU+Solo HD SE receiver

Would be possible to install BlindscanNA into Open black hole image?

el bandido
06-14-2015, 06:22 AM
The cannot get box type error has been discussed, and is an easy fix. I will try to post something for you later today that should work with that image.

el bandido
06-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Be careful!

This folder will unzip to the same name as the last test folder, so unzip it in a new folder or in an area that does not have any other blindscan tests folders.

To install: Delete old BlindScanNA folder from system plugins, then replace with the unzipped folder attached here.

This plugin should fix:
Cannot Get BoxType Errors
Boxbranding issues (looks for the boxbranding file, and makes adjustments as needed)

This file has been cleaned up a bit, and should be ready for .ipk.

This file has been tested and and a successful C band blindscan was done at 105W using Az Premium Plus receiver.

Is there anything else that needs to be done BEFORE this file is put in .ipk format???

bronco
06-14-2015, 11:51 PM
thanks. I have installed with no errors messages.. I will test "scans" and let you know results..

Babadem
06-15-2015, 12:34 AM
I will give an update as soon as test result is available.

Babadem
06-15-2015, 01:05 AM
Did a quick scan on 91.0°Ku and it looks ok, Still testing. More feedback to come.

Babadem
06-15-2015, 01:20 AM
I just got a crash error. I believe I rescanned 91.0°W KU and it said no channels. I tried to choose another satellite to scan and I got a "Blue Screen Crash error" Please see attached log.

el bandido
06-15-2015, 06:39 AM
This looks like a message box type error, and I do not fully understand what caused it.
Did you try to choose another satellite to scan while the scan was running? Tell me how to replicate it.

el bandido
06-15-2015, 02:48 PM
not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)

Check your hard drive or disc space. The above message may have been trying to display, which caused the messagebox error/crash.

Babadem
06-15-2015, 03:00 PM
This looks like a message box type error, and I do not fully understand what caused it.
Did you try to choose another satellite to scan while the scan was running? Tell me how to replicate it.
Precisely! Come to think of it. I was trying to scan 30.0°W KU, and I accidentally chose 91.0°KU again, I quickly tried to exit the scan, I think that's when the crash occurred.

Babadem
06-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Check your hard drive or disc space. The above message may have been trying to display, which caused the messagebox error/crash.
I have a 1TB USB Hard drive. Space is not the issue, unless the drive was not mounted at the time.

el bandido
06-15-2015, 03:33 PM
That message about timeshift disc space is in the crash report several times.

See if you can duplicate the crash and we will try to fix it.

To me, these errors looks like a messagebox conflict.

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/BlindscanNA/plugin.py", line 572, in doClock
self.prepareScanData(orb, pol, band, is_scan)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/BlindscanNA/plugin.py", line 705, in prepareScanData
self.blindscan_session = self.session.openWithCallback(self.blindscanSessio nClose, MessageBox, tmpstr, MessageBox.TYPE_INFO)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 331, in openWithCallback
dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 337, in open
raise RuntimeError("modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!")
I am just a Rookie, so i could be reading it wrong.

el bandido
06-16-2015, 06:40 AM
I just added a two second delay that takes place when you try to exit a scan that is running. This delay may help the crash issue, or it may do nothing more than make you wait two seconds before exiting a running scan. We will just have to try it and see.

Babadem
06-29-2015, 08:45 PM
I just added a two second delay that takes place when you try to exit a scan that is running. This delay may help the crash issue, or it may do nothing more than make you wait two seconds before exiting a running scan. We will just have to try it and see.

Do you have the file ready?

el bandido
06-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Are you still having crash issues or any new problems?

I have not done much of anything except to see how it runs. I found an error where it says 10700 for the l.o. when it should be 10750, plus some other nuisances. Also added the line frequency, plus the nim slot.

Babadem
06-30-2015, 03:31 PM
I just found 2 crash log files in the crash log folder. I don't remember what I was doing when those 2 files were generated. Could you take a look at them to see if they're blindscan related?

Babadem
06-30-2015, 03:40 PM
11760H 30000SR doesn't scan in, except manually scanned.
Any update on getting the above frequency on 103.0° KU to scan in with the Blind scan Plugin?

el bandido
06-30-2015, 04:50 PM
It will depend on what the issue is with that frequency. Please check other satellites that have a transponder at or very near 11760 and see if it will blindscan it. 87W should have one or two tranbsponders that are between 11700 and 11800 MHz.

Also check and see if another blindscan plugin scans this frequency. If you find one that does, then copy the folder for it in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/
Then zip the blindscan folder and post it here like you have done before.

Babadem
06-30-2015, 05:44 PM
It will depend on what the issue is with that frequency. Please check other satellites that have a transponder at or very near 11760 and see if it will blindscan it. 87W should have one or two tranbsponders that are between 11700 and 11800 MHz.

Also check and see if another blindscan plugin scans this frequency. If you find one that does, then copy the folder for it in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/
Then zip the blindscan folder and post it here like you have done before.

I will test and update later.

Babadem
06-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Attached is the BlindScan_EB.1 tested on 87.0°W KU. It picked up and displayed channels from frequencies below 11760 on 87.0°W. It should be noted that BlindScan-NA and BlindScan_EB.1 both find 11760H 30000Sr on 103.0°W, but don't log the channels associated with it.

el bandido
07-03-2015, 08:01 AM
OK
I will check these using a 10750 LNB within a few days due to the Holiday.

AZCoder
07-04-2015, 12:52 PM
I spent the last few days playing with the BlindScanNA.2.zip file. I am using the July 1,2015 daily build for OpenATV 4.2. I used the circular LNB option. I scanned in all the satellites from 72.0 degrees to 139.0 degrees. Both Ku and C band. I am slaved off of a DSR 922, so scans were also made for horizontal and vertical settings. I am sure it was close to 200 scans. In general, most scans worked. I usually did a complete scan and later edited out the scrambled channels using Dreambox Edit.

I got a lot of face time with the "finding transponders" display. There really needs to be some feedback to the user that something is happening. Sometimes I would start a scan and go eat lunch/dinner and when I came back it was still scanning . After a while I determined that a valid scan should take 30 - 150 seconds. If you start a scan and after 4 seconds you get a 3 second wait swirl on the top left of screen, you are almost 100% sure you will get a good scan. Otherwise, it is a crap shoot. Just stop the scan and restart. I almost always had to restart the first scan of a new satellite, both C or Ku. This made scanning much faster and lowered my frustration level a lot. Still, an indication of "working" would be welcome. Several times OpenATV just stopped tuning anything and a power cycle was required (I am sure this is just an OpenATV bug). I too seemed to have the same problem as others tuning in low Ku frequencies. I will look at this more as I review my data.

Thanks to all who contributed and to El Bandido for all of his great work. I am looking forward to a new version to test. Have a great 4th of July holiday!

Jim

el bandido
07-07-2015, 09:03 PM
I finally had time to install a 10750 l.o. lnb and check the plugin.

The plugin had to be modified so the scan for a 10750 lnb would start at 11550 instead of 11700. This had to be done because the enigma2 systems are set up for universal 9750/10600 lnbs, and there is 150 MHz between 10600 and 10750 l.o. frequencies. If the blindscan for a 10750 l.o. is actually started at 11700MHz, you will lose the first 150 MHz of the scan. No transponders will be found between 11700 and 11850 MHz. The blindscan is starting at 11550 for a 10750 lnb as it should be. My Duo2 is finding transponders between 11700 and 11850 MHz when scanning with a 10750 l.o. lnb. My dish sizes for the ku band are 1.2 ad 1.8 meters.

I think there is a lot of misconception as to what this blindscan plugin can do or is capable of doing, so I will try to explain or clarify this.
The blindscan plugin could be thought of as an interface for the blindscan binary file that is located in usr/bin for most enigma2 receivers. This interface or plugin can allow for the input of start/stop frequencies, and various symbol rates. This interface or plugin can also allow the manipulation of the output frequency for the binary file(s) that are, or should be located in usr/bin. Output frequency manipulation is what makes the c band and the 10750 l.o. lnbs produce the correct transponder frequencies instead of erroneous transponder frequency numbers. This is about all the blindscan plugin is capable of doing. The blindscan binary files located in usr/bin are closed source, so we are not supposed to be able to change or alter them. In other words, we cannot really change or alter the actual blindscanning of frequencies.

So the blindscan plugin really only allows the transponder frequencies to be altered and start/stop frequencies entered, along with start/stop parameters for the symbol rates....

After the blindscan is finished, the found transponders will be searched by the receiver's Service Scan.
Service Scan may be referred to by other names in the receiver files, but let's just say the Service Scan is what searches for channels in the found transponders. If an 11758 or an 11760 transponder is found during a blindscan, then it is up to the Service Scan to find the channels that may be available or associated with that transponder. It Is Not the job of the blindscan plugin to search for channels!!

My VuPlus Duo2 Blindscans and searches better than my AzBox Premium Plus. Some of the newer engma2 receivers will perform many functions much better than the older and slower AzBoxes. I think almost ANY receiver that allows you to watch tv is a good receiver, but the older AzBoxes do not perform as well as some of the newer designs do. ( We are comparing a 1300MHz processor to a 400MHz processor.) VuPlus, AzBox, and other fta receivers have their good points and their bad points.
The blindscan plugin has nothing to do with the receiver's overall blindscan speed or the receiver's memory spinner unless the blindscan plugin has been altered significantly with intentional slow-downs or hesitations added. The blindscan plugin we have here does not have any slow downs, but I do expect to insert a couple which would add at most 5-10 seconds more to the total blindscan time.

I took some steps to put more information on the screen during a blindscan. A transponder count was added, but it currently only show the first polarity scanned. I would like for the transponder count to be displayed for both polarities and maybe even a listing of the found transponders Before the Service Scan starts looking for channels on the found transponders.

More information about what is actually happening during a blindscan could possibly be added by using widgets. This sounds easy but it is not easy for me to do. I also would like to add the option of having the found transponders added to the satellite.xml file. This would be a great option for me.

The real purpose of this thread really was to only add the option of blindscanning a 10750 lnb to the plugin. We did that and a little bit more.
I see the potential to add more options, and have actually added a few to my Vuplus receiver. It just takes some time and patience to get the same option(s) to work with other e2 receivers.

bronco
07-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Thanks el bandido for your time and support..

I have tried some things on my receiver VU+solo HD SE. Now I have Open black hole (flash) and Open pli 4.0 on multiboot I have tried to install the blindscan_NA file and i have this message: "some plugins are not available system plugins/blind scan NA (no module need box branding).. I have tried to install Blindscan_EB file(old file) and also no results..
I have followed instructions #155 post. I have installed before both files (not at the same time) and test and worked well but I dont know why is not working right now...
I saw on Openpli (download manager) ONE blind scan plugin available for download is your plugin (blindscan_NA)..???

el bandido
07-08-2015, 07:55 PM
I appreciate you and the others taking the time to test these ideas. Lots of times, people will just complain about things not working and will not do anything at all to help with a solution or fix.

Boxbranding is handled by a special file or the boxbranding information is located in enigma. The location of boxbrandimng depends on the image.
Boxbranding is needed so the receiver may be identified correctly which will allow the program to function the needs that may be specific for a certain box. Thelast blindscan folder that I posted contains this tidbit of information in it.

if os.path.isfile('/usr/lib/enigma2/python/boxbranding.so'):
from boxbranding import getBoxType
else:
boxtype = getBoxType()

Those lines look for the boxbranding.so file and if it is not found, Then boxbranding information is gotten from enigma. The blindscan with those lines of code should run with any current e2 image.

The Holidays has taken some of my free time, but I will try to make a blindscan .ipk file soon that will make it easy for you to load on any box, and it will run alongside current blindscan plugins. Or if you do not want to wait, you can go back a page or two and load the last file that was posted.

bronco
07-19-2015, 11:28 PM
I have installed your Blind scan NA file on Vu+ solo HD SE receiver using multiboot : Open black hole image (flash) and Open pli 4.0 image (boot) and works very well on both images.
I just noted that In my last scaned test I have double channels (2 times the same channel)..This is not issue of the Bin. Seems that is something like One "button" that click On..Probably on Channel selection settings .. I dont know..

el bandido
07-20-2015, 08:53 AM
What are the transponder frequencies of the duplicate channels?

AZCoder
09-01-2015, 09:23 PM
I know there are posts that are missing, but I remember that some mods were made to improve the low frequency blind scans. Could you post/repost the latest blindscanNA that might work with OpenATV? I would be happy to provide test results.

Thanks,

Jim

el bandido
02-17-2016, 07:04 PM
Successful mods have been made that have added Sundtek Dvb-S2 usb device to the blindscan plugin as a test plugin.

TBS 5925 support has been added to the Duo2 as a Test image, and should be released in normal images soon. It may be possible to add TBS 5925 support to other Enigma2 receivers, but we will have to wait and see what develops. Looking at adding TBS 5925 to the blindscan plugin for testing.

Will provide more information on these items as they develop. EB

el bandido
03-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Information on TBS5925 installation in enigma2 images has been released. SatDreamGr already has TBS5925 capability in some test images. Now we need a blindscan for this item.

Here is a link to what looks like a very promising source for the TBS5925 E2 blindscan: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

It would be nice to have at least some these capabilities for the TBS5925.

Blindscan tool for the Linux DVB S2 API

usage: blindscan-s2
-b : run blind scan
-T : Tune a specific transponder
-H : only scan horizontal polarity
-V : only scan vertical polarity
-N : no polarity
-i : interactive mode
-m : monitor signal mode
-M : monitor and re-tune each time
-a number : adapter number (default 0)
-f number : frontend number (default 0)
-F number : fec (default auto)
-s number : starting transponder frequency in MHz (default 950)
-e number : ending transponder frequency in MHz (default 1450)
-d number : delivery system 4=DSS 5=DVB-S 6=DVB-S2 (default 0)
-t number : step value for scan in MHz (default 20)
-R number : amount of times to try tuning each step (default 1)
-r number : symbol rate in MSym/s (default 16000)
-l number : local oscillator frequency of LNB (default 0)
-2 : enable 22KHz tone (default OFF)
-c number : use DiSEqC COMMITTED switch position N (1-4)
-u number : use DiSEqC uncommitted switch position N (1-4)
-U N.N : orbital position for USALS
-G N.N : site longtude
-A N.N : site latitude
-W number : seconds to wait after usals motor move (default 45)
-v : verbose

Example:
Default scans L-band range in steps of 20 on H and V polarity
blindscan-s2 -b
Scan 11700-11900 vertical in steps of 10, and calculate for lof
blindscan-s2 -b -s 11700 -e 11900 -V -t 10 -l 10750

eastof111
03-08-2016, 01:49 AM
Good to see advancements continuing in blindscan for the TBS tuners.... would be as productive to see the same for the original internal tuners. The advancement for TBS tuners shames the original Vu+ tuners.

el bandido
03-08-2016, 07:57 AM
IMO, There will be no further or advanced support for the Vu+ internal tuners. The Solo4k cannot even deliver the Promised or Advertised blindscan for the Solo 4K FBC tuners. I understand that the new 4K Solo will blindscan IF Duo2 tuners are installed.