PDA

View Full Version : need help to open /EDIT channel list X2 premium II with EZManage tools !!

niljaviya
05-13-2015, 01:49 PM
hello experts,
i blind Scan all satellite , obviously it dosen't scan with original channel name in (north america..it scan with channel name.. PR**** etc.)
..so i want to just rename channel and put it back to box..i know this box dosen't support EPG in NA
but i am fine...as long as it play channel...
so..I took back up from box to my USB with file name given "dbase.ssu"
but when i tried to open that "dbase.ssu" to my pc. which has already EMZ tools firmware installed ...
it says " Error 5 . file can not open wrong argument or file type "
and i can't open or edit or anything...why it dosen't open and ..what i am doing wrong ?
can some one just tell me step by step how to ...thanks in advance ..help appriciated...

thanks in advance help appriciated...

cpr43
05-13-2015, 02:44 PM
Welcome to legitfta! As far as explaining the use of the channel editor for the X2 premium we can help you. Unfurtunally we cant help you with everything else related what you mentioned. We dont discuss or allow the talk of working/ playing with non Free to air stuff here. Go to the X2 discussions/ files section and read, there is a lot of info there as to how to use the Ezm tool. There were several versions of the Ezm and you need to match the database you have with the proper revision. Welcome!

niljaviya
05-13-2015, 03:56 PM
thanks for suggest !! i don't need any thing more than to learn this EZM tools...
can you please give me link...quite confuse me..that there is several version ??? i just flashed my box with APRil 8 2015 firmware..so what version of EMZ tools i suppose to use ??

thanks again..

cpr43
05-13-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm sorry to tell that Database from the latest file April 2015 cant be open using the EZM 2.0.3. I even tried all EZM versions and none will open the database. Until we solve the problem with X2 I will suggest you roll back your firmware for Dec 2014 and do your backup using this firmware. The EZM will then open your database fine. April firmware only fixed the You Tube play access which is no longer available to most of the FTA boxes so no harm. Do the roll back and let us know, Good luck

[Only registered and activated users can see links](3-Participants)

dr.zin
05-13-2015, 05:58 PM
you may try to play with the sharebank file instead,which was a work- around in the old days.

niljaviya
05-13-2015, 07:05 PM
ok..thanks ...let me try to rollback old firmware and update info. soon...here...

i am going to rollback with this..link found here..

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

again thanks...
just asking !! do you guys create any moded firmware or tool to flash this box for easy set up ! or just original company website only !!

thanks

dr.zin
05-14-2015, 04:18 AM
original company website only.
you can use ezm to load firmware or terminal programs like xdown but via rs232 it takes forever.

niljaviya
05-14-2015, 07:05 AM
thanks.
i am using USB , it is very fast ..i already flash with december -version..and scan all channel because in NA we have only 4 birds...( 118.7 W ku /119 W / 110w /129W )
all other are useless for NA...
1) my purpose is just to rename the channel names which is scanned as RP**** to original channel name...
2 ) create favourite folder with name like (kids/movies/family etc.)
i don't need EPG ..as well this box dosen't support EPG in NA

if this two purpose served i am fine...i don't need anything any more ....

thanks in advance..help appriciate...

cpr43
05-14-2015, 07:59 AM
Im really sorry to let you and everybody else known that X2 will NO longer support the old model Premium II. So I will recommend you stay in December firmware. Here is a c/p from Mrs Ma Wang

Dear Mr.,

Thanks for your message, For Premium II we are unable to revise this software due to C.P.U software diagram become quite old so we can't support it

For Premium III and Premium IV , Premium Mini : The Software support is continues and we working hard to improve it day by day

Any more question please feel free to let us know

Have a nice day

Best Regards
Ma Wang
X Square Technology

niljaviya
05-14-2015, 05:33 PM
hello experts,
No luck...same problem..i already flash with december-version , download from here ..link mention above...
- i scan my box..and plug my USB > backup to USB >file name given "dbase.ssu" >back up saved
- usb plug to my pc (win 8.1 pro.) with EzM tool 2.0.3 already installed ....
- when i open the file first box come with " Header Info." mention with vendor name/chip id / .....( i don't know much about this things)
- i already attach pic for your expert review...
- when you press ok.. it tells right away " this file is not supported by this tool "

- i never did anything to this box.(except flash with december-version) it is as is from factory..

- AM I USING RIGHT TOOL ?(FIRMWARE)
- IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG IN FILE NAME ? WHAT FILE NAME I SUPPOSE TO KEEP WHEN I SAVE BACKUP FROM BOX ?
- WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?

PLEASE HELP ..thanks in advance...

cpr43
05-14-2015, 05:49 PM
My friend you didnt follow instructions as instructed. Use the file I gave you on my post. I loaded the one in here in my X2 premium. Did a database backup and open the file fine.

Menu
Setup
Upgrade & Backup
Backup to USB
Right Arrow and change to USER DATABASE
Scroll down then Right to <Add New File> and hit OK
Write a name for you file (anyone)
Save

It will download your database to you USB with the name given.

niljaviya
05-14-2015, 05:49 PM
i also give a try to X2 premium III editor Ali editor...but it dosen't support .SSU extention...

i don't know what type of box i have ??

- any expert just help me to link with other firmware with editor.. !! or guide me to fix this problem !!

niljaviya
05-14-2015, 05:56 PM
My friend you didnt follow instructions as instructed. Use the file I gave you on my post. I loaded the one in here in my X2 premium. Did a database backup and open the file fine.

Menu
Setup
Upgrade & Backup
Backup to USB
Right Arrow and change to USER DATABASE
Scroll down then Right to <Add New File> and hit OK
Write a name for you file (anyone)
Save

It will download your database to you USB with the name given.

................. I AM SORRY.. I READ YOUR PREVIOUS POST..I DON'T KNOW SOME HOW I MISS THE LINK.....I AM SORRY...
I JUST DOWNLOAD IT AND LET ME UPLOAD .SSU FILE...TO BOX AND UPLOAD RESULT HERE .....

THANKS

cpr43
05-14-2015, 05:57 PM
You didnt used the file I gave you in my post. Download the file I gave you and do the database backup. I did the complete process before I wrote and it work fine.

Here is how I do it:

Menu
Setup
Upgrade & backup
Backup to USB
Right arrow and change to "USER DATABASE"
Scroll down then to right to <ADD NEW FILE> and hit OK
Write a name for your backup (anyone) in the pop up menu
Save

It will download your database to your USB with the name file given. Try opening the file

cpr43
05-14-2015, 06:01 PM
................. I AM SORRY.. I READ YOUR PREVIOUS POST..I DON'T KNOW SOME HOW I MISS THE LINK.....I AM SORRY...
I JUST DOWNLOAD IT AND LET ME UPLOAD .SSU FILE...TO BOX AND UPLOAD RESULT HERE .....

THANKS

OK post results

(For your information, Its known in most forum that using capital letter is like yelling :hmmm:

niljaviya
05-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Sorry ! i don't know that...and i apologize for mistake made unknown !! sorry !!

cpr43
05-14-2015, 06:11 PM
:th_thumbs20up::th_thumbs20up:

niljaviya
05-14-2015, 06:42 PM
thanks for help...but still same problem ..no luck ..here are steps what i did...please tell me what i did wrong...
i download file from the link you mention ..
- i flashed box successfully ...with 18 DEC ..X2MEADEC.ssu file...
- obviously there is no North american West satellite in list...( i don't know how to add that yet !!)
- i had already saved my database in box (because my previous scanned ) so i load it..so i have NA satellite + my previously scanned channels
- i can't scan my box with X2MEADEC.ssu because there is no western satellite in satellite list

- i got a back up to usb ...same way you mention above ...and tried to open with EMZtool 1.0.7 as well 2.0.3
same error ...this file cannot open by this tool.....

....i am very thankful to you for your help and support but ...still i have a issue... i don't know what am i doing wrong ??

thanks

cpr43
05-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Tommorow I will redo everything and if posible will take a photos or video

dr.zin
05-14-2015, 10:02 PM
I did it all with the remote;delete sats, add sats,set motor,blindscan.
then worry about renaming with ezm

niljaviya
05-15-2015, 06:52 AM
Tommorow I will redo everything and if posible will take a photos or video

Thanks for help...eventhough ..if you can't take pic or video...just mention steps...that would be great help...

confusion in my mind..let me explain..and want to make my understanding clear...

- this box has has two kind of back up

1) database - backup/restore - when you choose any option(backup/restore)...this one is done internal saved by box..(i guess this will take back up of satellite + channels + IKS settings etc ) you can't see the file name or extention because it's done internal ...
2) backup / restore with USB/OTS etc. - when we choose this option ( back up to USB ) - this will back up everything in box ( means flashed image +channel list + satellite + iks setting ..fairly entire box) with given file name.ssu (saved to USB)

- is my understanding correct ?? because i am trying to OPEN usb backup .ssu file ..which possibally can't open by EZM tools ( i am guessing..not sure ..clearing my doubts)
- or as mentioned in -1) - is there anyway (which i don't know) to get that internal database backup to USB and possible open by EZM tools... in that case how to backup that database file to USB ??

please help me to understand this idea !! help appriciated ..thanks in advance...

dr.zin
05-15-2015, 07:04 AM
you save the database or sharebank with ezm itself after connecting to the receiver via menu.
Then you open the file you just saved.
Probably why you are having problems.

cpr43
05-15-2015, 09:31 AM
you save the database or sharebank with ezm itself after connecting to the receiver via menu.
Then you open the file you just saved.
Probably why you are having problems.

If you know how to do this way it could be the easy way to do. Just plug a Null Cable between your computer and the X2 and download the database/sharebank directly from the box using the EZM. Do all your changes and load back to the box.

cpr43
05-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks for help...eventhough ..if you can't take pic or video...just mention steps...that would be great help...

confusion in my mind..let me explain..and want to make my understanding clear...

- this box has has two kind of back up

1) database - backup/restore - when you choose any option(backup/restore)...this one is done internal saved by box..(i guess this will take back up of satellite + channels + IKS settings etc ) you can't see the file name or extention because it's done internal ...
2) backup / restore with USB/OTS etc. - when we choose this option ( back up to USB ) - this will back up everything in box ( means flashed image +channel list + satellite + iks setting ..fairly entire box) with given file name.ssu (saved to USB)

- is my understanding correct ?? because i am trying to OPEN usb backup .ssu file ..which possibally can't open by EZM tools ( i am guessing..not sure ..clearing my doubts)
- or as mentioned in -1) - is there anyway (which i don't know) to get that internal database backup to USB and possible open by EZM tools... in that case how to backup that database file to USB ??

please help me to understand this idea !! help appriciated ..thanks in advance...

Answer to #1. Internal database only save the channels/ sats info. NO firmware or applications is saved.
Answer to #2. Will depend which option you choose once you get to the USB options (Application- Complete backup Database /Sats info including firmware or software.) (Database- Only channels/sats info w/out the software).

Try loading the December firmware , set your date and sats and do a scan to any of your sats. Then, make a backup to your USB and try to open the file with the EZM. Maybe bringing back your internal saved database is the problem why it cant be open with EZM

niljaviya
05-15-2015, 11:43 AM
thanks .... i will do and update here...
Thanks for help....i did yesterday...
-i already flshed with December firmware...
- than i did fully factroy reset ..so there is no any old database !! and box has default satellite list (which has also NA satellite what i need)
- i set up everything and scan all satellite (blind scan)
- i have all channels as useally like RP**** ....

- today evening i will back up again to USB and try to open !! update here

thanks

niljaviya
05-15-2015, 11:57 AM
One Question here !! how to get database back up on USB ??

when i choose backup to USB... it just start with msg. " don't switch off the box while back up "
it never ask ( i don't know how ) what back up ? Application or database ?
if i can backup only database to USB ..may be problem fixed ...because i am always able to back up everything backup.ssu ! that's posible problem.... i am thinking...
please write steps...to get database backup to USB !!

thanks in advance..help appriciated

cpr43
05-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Follow instructions given on post #11