PDA

View Full Version : X2 Time Setup?

terrer
05-14-2015, 04:57 PM
Sorry for this stupid question! Is there a particular firmware update (old or otherwise) that deals with the X2 Premium HD receiver and the Manual CLOCK set keeping a better time? My X2 loses about 60 seconds a day! Thanks

cpr43
05-14-2015, 05:37 PM
If using recent firmwares, You will need to have you box connected to internet either by ethernet or wi-fi to keep an almost accurate clock.

terrer
05-15-2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the reply carlospr43! Not sure the Cat5 or Wifi will work, due to location of my receiver? The receiver is way back in a corner but I am going to look into that and see what I can do!

One more question! The newer X2 models, do they work pretty good with the wifi setup? May have to update my receiver! Thanks for your help

cpr43
05-15-2015, 03:21 PM
X2 premium III works great either with Ethernet cable or Wifi. Wifi is internal you just plug the supplied antenna in the rear. X2 premium IV is supposed to be better similar to the III but with a better chip and more memory.

dr.zin
05-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Sorry for this stupid question! Is there a particular firmware update (old or otherwise) that deals with the X2 Premium HD receiver and the Manual CLOCK set keeping a better time? My X2 loses about 60 seconds a day! Thanks

nope
and I have tried every version since aug 15 2012
I don't use a network connection so I am sol

terrer
05-16-2015, 08:45 AM
X2 premium III works great either with Ethernet cable or Wifi. Wifi is internal you just plug the supplied antenna in the rear. X2 premium IV is supposed to be better similar to the III but with a better chip and more memory. Ok! Thanks carlospr43! I am going to invest in the upgrade! Thanks for the information

One more stupid question, which is probably in wrong forum! When you format your USB stick, how do you know which format to use and what allocate size? NTFS--FAT-FAT32..........I sometime get an error message "speed to slow"....Sorry if I posted in wrong place! If you know of a good read, would love to see this information! Thanks for your help

terrer
05-16-2015, 08:48 AM
nope
and I have tried every version since aug 15 2012
I don't use a network connection so I am solNope???....I assume this problem may be a hardware issue? ...Thanks for the information

cpr43
05-16-2015, 09:00 AM
Ok! Thanks carlospr43! I am going to invest in the upgrade! Thanks for the information

One more stupid question, which is probably in wrong forum! When you format your USB stick, how do you know which format to use and what allocate size? NTFS--FAT-FAT32..........I sometime get an error message "speed to slow"....Sorry if I posted in wrong place! If you know of a good read, would love to see this information! Thanks for your help

FAT32

dr.zin
05-16-2015, 09:13 AM
speed too slow is an interface problem to the hardrive.
Sounds funny but go with a usb3.0 external case and problem solved.
I spent hundreds on hardrives/usb2.0 cases before I figured that one out.

terrer
05-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Fat 32! Thanks carlospr43 for all your help! I guess I am good to go now! Thanks much

terrer
05-16-2015, 10:21 AM
speed too slow is an interface problem to the hardrive.
Sounds funny but go with a usb3.0 external case and problem solved.
I spent hundreds on hardrives/usb2.0 cases before I figured that one out. Ok! I just purchased a ScanDisk 32GB with the 2.0/3.0 compatible from Staples! I will keep playing with it and see what I can do! I didn't know what the Specs called for on my X2 Premium HD! Thanks for your help dr.zin

terrer
05-16-2015, 10:28 AM
I made a double post???? SOrry about that

dr.zin
05-16-2015, 04:09 PM
I lucked out and got a cheap usb3.0 case in goodwill for $8
The hardrive I put in is a 1.5tb seagate
I use it for my old openbox s10/x2/skybox F5s
Haven't seen the drive too slow since.
usb sticks are too puny for hd recording or everyday sd recording