PDA

View Full Version : 2015 M5 (No Name) China FTA Receiver F/W Files Ebay

Tron 2.0
10-24-2015, 08:21 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

If you bought this item on Ebay by clicking on the above link, here are the most recent F/W updates. There are 3 files, a total of 8.5MB, however the receiver will only let you choose the one .SSU file; there's no way to install the other files or images that I know of. After you install the update from your USB Flash Drive, the receiver will reboot, then go to black for several moments, before coming back on again. From there, you can do another reset from the menu, or go through the settings to set it all back up again.

This F/W does NOT fix the USAL's/Diseqc Motor Setting in the menu. After you set it to USALS, it keeps reverting back to None when you navigate away from it no matter what you do. It is possible to motor the dish to the satellite you want to scan channels, but the receiver won't remember anything after that. I have explained the situation to the Ebay seller in China, who is in contact with the factory, it's hard to say when or if there will be a fix to the Motor setting.

Until then, the receiver works beautifully for a stand alone dish, if you know a good TP to put into it to scan channels. You will have to manually change the satellite listing however.

cpr43
10-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Thank you very much! Really appreciated! Hopefully the seller finds a way to fix the motor issues!!

Tron 2.0
10-25-2015, 01:43 PM
I just found out that this receiver does NOT support AC3 (Dolby D) Audio unfortunately. Not sure if it can be fixed with a future F/W update someday, or if this is supposed to not carry it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cpr43
10-25-2015, 02:16 PM
I just found out that this receiver does NOT support AC3 (Dolby D) Audio unfortunately. Not sure if it can be fixed with a future F/W update someday, or if this is supposed to not carry it?

Dolby decode is not mentioned in the specs. So I guess it will not do it by default. I found out in the old Ali model that it does send the audio using the Coaxial and an external Dolby AC3 decoder but only if you use the AV video output. If you use the coaxial and an external decoder you need to change the default Digital Audio Output to BS Out in the Menu/ TV System area.

Tron 2.0
10-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Dolby decode is not mentioned in the specs. So I guess it will not do it by default. I found out in the old Ali model that it does send the audio using the Coaxial and an external Dolby AC3 decoder but only if you use the AV video output. If you use the coaxial and an external decoder you need to change the default Digital Audio Output to BS Out in the Menu/ TV System area.
Pretty much the same way as the cable headends do it! Lots of extra equipment is good! Lol! [emoji2]

fubarito
11-03-2015, 06:52 PM
the remote from x2 premium hd works with this unit and vise versa, wonder if the FW will load

fubarito
11-03-2015, 07:34 PM
nah wont take the .ssu list from x2

el bandido
11-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Try loading from RS232?
There is probably a check in the .ssu file to make sure the box is correct.

fubarito
11-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Try loading from RS232?
There is probably a check in the .ssu file to make sure the box is correct.

no rs232 in this unit.

el bandido
11-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Almost all fta receivers have some form of RS232 connection. Even the Micro HD and the original Manhattans had a connector inside the unit. I suspect this receiver has one inside the case too.

fubarito
11-03-2015, 09:03 PM
i got my own list maybe i can post it later has sats from 83w to 139 C and Ku

Tron 2.0
11-04-2015, 06:15 AM
Almost all fta receivers have some form of RS232 connection. Even the Micro HD and the original Manhattans had a connector inside the unit. I suspect this receiver has one inside the case too.
I took the cover off the receiver, there's no header on the board for a RS232 connector. The only connections to update F/W is with USB. There should be pics of the board I took at the top of the thread. I had to manually change the satellite listings from Europe to US, but at least the USALS feature will go to the correct location you put it to. The bad news is the receiver keeps changing from USALS to None in the settings. I haven't heard back from the Ebay Seller regarding new F/W updates or USALS settings.

Tron 2.0
11-04-2015, 06:37 AM
I just sent another message to the Ebay seller in China regarding the software problems. I'm not sure if I will hear back anytime soon. I also sent off a message to what I thought was the factory in China a week ago, no response at all.

cpr43
11-04-2015, 10:14 AM
There is 4 pinn Conn 6 empty in the board.

el bandido
11-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Can you post a picture of this connector?

fubarito
11-04-2015, 03:33 PM
btw I got mine from ebay too but a local seller and it arrived within 2 days. $28.49 shipped no tax and came with US plug

eBay item number:

cpr43
11-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Can you post a picture of this connector?

All photos are here posted by Tron. Look at #3 and 4

[Only registered and activated users can see links](6-Participants)

fubarito
11-04-2015, 05:36 PM
ok here is my personal Sat/TP list.

The CBAND have SAT/TP and channels found during scan today and yesterday using an 8FT Dish

The KU have SAT/TP only. no channels

This list covers from 83w to 139w both C and Ku.

note that ku satellite degree location had to be added with an additional .1 in order to save it, otherwise it would consider it a duplicate if both c&ku share some location.

fubarito
11-04-2015, 05:55 PM
This receiver is actually not that bad considering that there is no sound with dolby via HDMI.
It scans almost as fast as the X2 Premium HD except on SES 2 C-BAND the LUKEN channels on 4000 H 29125 although it did find this transpoder via blind scan it just hangs when looking for actual channels. The X2 Premium has no issues scanning LUKEN at all.

This is done with the firmware the OP posted here.

cpr43
11-04-2015, 06:10 PM
ok here is my personal Sat/TP list.

The CBAND have SAT/TP and channels found during scan today and yesterday using an 8FT Dish

The KU have SAT/TP only. no channels

This list covers from 83w to 139w both C and Ku.

note that ku satellite degree location had to be added with an additional .1 in order to save it, otherwise it would consider it a duplicate if both c&ku share some location.

Did you loaded back to the reciever the DB?? Does it offer Default or User DB to input the file??

fubarito
11-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Did you loaded back to the reciever the DB?? Does it offer Default or User DB to input the file??

funny that u asked. The receiver will not take the DB file back even though it was created from there. Now that is weird.
So pretty much if you make your own list u must keep it there LOL

O well still a decent unit for backup use.

cpr43
11-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Thanks! Lol

Tron 2.0
11-05-2015, 05:48 AM
There is 4 pinn Conn 6 empty in the board.
I suppose you could solder in a 4 pin connector and see what happens? Maybe see what voltages are present, if any? I was going to assume it's for another USB port for Wi-Fi, hard to know without scematics.

Tron 2.0
11-05-2015, 06:10 AM
btw I got mine from ebay too but a local seller and it arrived within 2 days. $28.49 shipped no tax and came with US plug

eBay item number:
That's an older 2014 ALI Chipset version from the newer one I have. Interesting how the listing has to indicate that nobody works on a Chinese holiday, that's a bummer!! :-) It's unfortunate the AC3 audio isn't supported on these boxes, I guess it isn't used in other places of the world? It's not a bad little unit, if only the USALS settings could be fixed on it. I really liked it for the extra sensitive tuner it has for my C-Band dish. I still haven't heard back from the Ebay seller regarding the issues I have, the factory might have already moved onto other projects, I don't know. Since I still can't use this little receiver with a motor, I'm trying out a Skybox F5S that I like, as well as a GeoSatPro 3500 receiver. This weekend I will see how the AZBox MiniMe will get 4.2.2 signals with my dish. :-)

fubarito
11-05-2015, 06:01 PM
That's an older 2014 ALI Chipset version from the newer one I have. Interesting how the listing has to indicate that nobody works on a Chinese holiday, that's a bummer!! :-) It's unfortunate the AC3 audio isn't supported on these boxes, I guess it isn't used in other places of the world? It's not a bad little unit, if only the USALS settings could be fixed on it. I really liked it for the extra sensitive tuner it has for my C-Band dish. I still haven't heard back from the Ebay seller regarding the issues I have, the factory might have already moved onto other projects, I don't know. Since I still can't use this little receiver with a motor, I'm trying out a Skybox F5S that I like, as well as a GeoSatPro 3500 receiver. This weekend I will see how the AZBox MiniMe will get 4.2.2 signals with my dish. :-)

OK Thanks for info on the older ALI chip. it did take the firmware update you posted and powered on right away after the upgrade. Yea too bad for DD but it dont matter to me. I just use it for misc scanning and viewing on non DD channels LoL

joe
01-08-2020, 11:26 AM
Hello
if you don't mind could you please re post that firmware av2018_s2-db
the one you posted is empty has nothing in it
i have tried to find it and haven't had any luck
Thanks!