PDA

View Full Version : New M1 Hd Mini S2 X2 Receiver

garyeb
02-07-2016, 10:49 AM
I have been testing this receiver. It works good and has a good tuner, Scans good does miss a few transponders:bigclap: but gets most. I would say that it is a good receiver the money.:bigclap:

FatManWalking
03-02-2016, 05:01 PM
I have been testing this receiver. It works good and has a good tuner, Scans good does miss a few transponders:bigclap: but gets most. I would say that it is a good receiver the money.:bigclap:

I went ahead and ordered a couple of them to play with. You can never have enough backups.

X2 has sold hundreds of them of them, but I haven't seen much mention of them online. I'll find out soon. :-)

FMW

FatManWalking
03-03-2016, 07:20 PM
I received one of them today and installed it. It's small!

Also, it DOES have a built in IR sensor for the remote control in addition to the plugin external IR sensor. I don't remember seeing any mention of the built in sensor in any of the posted specs.

The serial number puts this one as 2016 manufactured. Also, it arrived with January of 2016 firmware.

The setup was easy. About the only thing I noticed missing was a multiple sat scan option. Its really not that much trouble to do them one at a time though.

I'll let it grind a way for a week or so before packing it away. The second one should be here by then. I'm using it along with a 4X1 and a 22khz switch on five separate dishes with an assortment of standard and universal LNBs. So far, so good....

FMW

migold
03-10-2016, 09:22 AM
I have one also. I have been running it for several months, and it does a good job. Mine feeds a modulator for distribution of one channel throughout the home.

migold
05-31-2016, 09:24 PM
I now have the 2016 version of the M1 HD. This version comes with the USB WiFi Dongle, and connects into the home wifi. It is doing the same good job as the earlier version, needs to be set in a well ventilated area.

madmadworld
06-08-2016, 09:11 PM
just picked one up last week. came with March firmware. trying to watch the nba feed on 101 tonight it keeps rebooting, after playing the feed fine for a minute or so.

is the Jan firmware better ?
thanks for reading

Gary Bidwell
06-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Try doing a factory reset and rescan.

madmadworld
06-14-2016, 05:08 AM
Try doing a factory reset and rescan.

Thanks Gary
will give it a try.

That feed changes every game. 1 & 5 even had the AZ in need of a channel flip at times to clear it up/out.
It seems to work fine save some of the high bit rate feeds. had it happen on a race car feed also. it's played a few events fine. not much on lately but should get a good workout this next weekend. I hope

Really like the menu set up on this one. getting to blind scan, the choices of deleting Tp's & channels a breeze. etc

madmadworld
06-17-2016, 12:56 AM
This box is the hottest I've ever touched.
put a little usb fan under it blowing the air in from the bottom. no more rebooting.