PDA

View Full Version : Remote control...

Externet
03-23-2016, 11:37 AM
Hi.
The large remote control supplied has an unlabeled red button below 'recall'
What is that for ? Pressing, asks for a USB device. Guessing as there is zero user instructions; I hope that inserting a USB thumb drive would record the program... How far from reality ? Did anyone try ?
And... is there a maximum memory size for the thumb drive ?

migold
03-23-2016, 03:30 PM
The button below 'RECALL' is for recording. There is a user manual on the website x2sat.com that has instruction, they are better than none... I don't have a USB hard drive, but I did put a 16GB flash drive in it and recorded an hour of ABC last week, and it played back just fine. If there is a max size, it is bigger than 16GB. An hour of ABC at 720P uses 6-9GB. I used the timer to get the recording, but I guess pushing the button would do as well.

Externet
03-24-2016, 09:05 AM
Thanks, migold. That is great news !
Whenever you can, please direct me to any place that shows the X2 remote control instructions that you found.

I went ----> x2sat.com--->support---->usermanual---->and 'set-top boxes' is frozen. Is there another path ?

migold
03-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Once you get used to their website, it is not hard to find. Go [Only registered and activated users can see links] for software update downloads and manual downloads. I went ----> x2sat.com--->products---->set top boxes---->DVB S2---->premium mini--->softwares----> and choose what you want to download.

Externet
03-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Good ! That manual is better than the one that came with my units. Thanks.