PDA

View Full Version : Enigma 2 and C-BAND Blind Scan.

chewie
09-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Good Morning to you all.
I update My VU+ DUO2 last week and had Open ATV firm, after I try to scan C-BAND channels, I noticed that the Blind Scan only looks for KU BAND transponders, check my tuner Config. and is fine, try different Sat's and the same thing.
I had OpenDroid on my USB Multiboot, loaded it this had an older version of software not to old is Opendroid 5.5, I did a blind scan for c-band and no problems, I decided to update the software and after the update I try to scan again and only looks for KU-BAND transponders, loaded the latest from Openspa, same thing.
Finally I loaded the VIX last build from 8/10/2016 and scan c-band just fine, so I don'd know what is going on, just wondering if any of you noticed this change.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
09-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Tons of changes have been made to the blindscan plugin in the last few months. I will check it if you give me the exact build number or image identification number.

eastof111
09-04-2016, 01:37 PM
I haven't blind scanned in a while, so I thought I would try it with OpenATV which I originally installed in multiboot back on July 8th. All updates since then were done on line, up to Sept. 1st. As you can see, I am also getting the ku screen when scanning for 101 C band.

Will try later with Satdreamgr which is in flash to see if the results are the same.

As you can see, this does not occur with BlindscanNA.

el bandido
09-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Did anybody report this blindscan issue using the OpenATV forum?

el bandido
09-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Many different groups use OE Alliance, so that is why this error is in more than one group image.

c_band_loc_osc = None
That line of code should be:
c_band_loc_osc = 5150

OpenATV will probably fix the blindscan error posted above if someone will take the time to report it.
I also noticed the ATSC usb tuners from Hauppauge are recognized in the OpenATV image, but enigma does not know what to do with them so they are listed as nothing. Kernel and other needed Patches are available and OpenATV may very well add them if someone will only ask.

chewie
09-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Hello Guys
I haven't reported to any group of this problem, the images that have this issue are ATV 5.3, OPENSPA 6.0.004, OPENDROID 5.5.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
09-04-2016, 05:13 PM
I think all ot those images are based on OE Alliance. Tell OpenATV about it and they will fix it. I have pointed out what the exact problem is. Somebody made an error while updating the plugin. Either tell them about it or wait for it to be fixed.

eastof111
09-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Posted on OpenATV site in english section.

el bandido
09-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Does this problem still exist?

eastof111
09-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Yes, it still has not been updated.

el bandido
09-10-2016, 09:27 PM
From :[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Unzip and install the attached plugin.py for test. (usr--->lib--->enigma2--->python--->plugins--->system plugins--->blindscan.)

Hardboot or reboot after file transfer.

This is the OE Alliance plugin that was updated a few hours ago. Pleas test and see if it works, as I see the issue seems to be fixed..

eastof111
09-11-2016, 01:36 AM
Reboot or hard boot still get the ku screen.

el bandido
09-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Try this one. It works for me.

eastof111
09-11-2016, 10:36 PM
Tried it with OpenATV in multiboot and it seems to work. I will try other images next week when I return, since I will be gone for three days and won't have access to the receiver. Or, maybe someone else will test it in the interim. Would be nice to see the coders update this plugin.

el bandido
09-12-2016, 12:53 PM
Keep knocking on the door until someone answers. Or try another door. I think we can get this fixed.

eastof111
09-14-2016, 05:32 PM
Just tried it with VTI and it produces the cannot import name error.

el bandido
09-14-2016, 08:10 PM
Different receivers may use different blindscan commands, so the plugin asks which make/model of receiver is being used.
Enigma2 images are not all the same.Viti and BlackHole are similar, while several different groups build from OE Alliance or OpenPLi.
Information about the receiver which is needed for the blindscan plugin will be in a boxtype file ( if fileExists("/proc/stb/info/boxtype") or in a boxbranding file (from boxbranding import getBoxType, getImageVersion, getImageBuild, getBrandOEM)

The blindscan plugin we are working with here is from OE Alliance, and uses boxbranding. I think ViTi uses boxtype, so this explains why it does not work with ViTi.

You may modify this plugin to work with ViTi by adding a line or two of code and tell the plugin to look for boxtype if it does not find boxbranding or vice-versa. That is what I did with the blindscanNA plugin and this very same problem was described in detail in that thread.

There seems to be no interest from anybody using an AzBox, so I see no need to keep modifying the OpenPLi blindscan plugin to run in any image. Current OpenPLi versions of blindscan support Sundtek,TBS, and some of the newer boxes. OpenPLi also has a duplicate transponder check which does not exist yet in OE Alliance. This check is needed for TBS. I think OpenATV added support for the last AzBox models, but nobody has told me if it is true or not.

eastof111
09-14-2016, 09:43 PM
"There seems to be no interest from anybody using an AzBox" could be they've haven't read this thread yet.

eastof111
09-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Booted to Openspa and did a online update plus loaded the new py file and it works very well.

el bandido
09-14-2016, 10:56 PM
OpenSpa is OE Alliance, which is the same as OpenATV.

el bandido
09-14-2016, 11:16 PM
"There seems to be no interest from anybody using an AzBox" could be they've haven't read this thread yet.

Posted about it some 2 weeks ago, so I figure no one is interested.
[Only registered and activated users can see links](Based-on-OpenPLi)-Enigma2-Support!/page5

There are some features I can add for TBS blindscan, but no reason to do this or any other mods if it is not going to be used.

el bandido
09-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Keep knocking on the door until someone answers. Or try another door. I think we can get this fixed.

Huevos was nice enough to fix this problem, and his work is greatly appreciated! Would expect the C band issue to be fixed in OpenATV within the next week.

Pale-Rider
10-31-2016, 06:09 PM
Just tried it with VTI and it produces the cannot import name error.

VTI is based on the OI from VU+ same as black hole is. So you may find certain Pli / O.E.A plugins may not work properly if at all.

Pale-Rider
10-31-2016, 06:36 PM
Huevos was nice enough to fix this problem, and his work is greatly appreciated! Would expect the C band issue to be fixed in OpenATV within the next week.

Huevos is a great bloke. A satellite installer by trade and of course he has a. Genuine interest in blinscanning. 95 percent of the work in the blinscan plugin in ViX and the O.E.A is his work. He has also tried to get Pli involved with little to no interest.

Pli are very hesitant to work on any thing unless it's either A. Their idea or B. It conforms with the way they believe it should work. Not bad mouthing Pli but they can be a very hard bunch to work with at times.

P.s sorry for the typos, this auto correct crap on my iPad is a pain in the arse and always balls up my typing.