PDA

View Full Version : Satdreamgr and ATSC

eastof111
11-07-2016, 05:57 PM
I had some time to experiment and load the latest Satdreamgr in flash to check out the atsc epg. I removed the Sundtek usb tuner and deleted the .sh file, but left the control center alone. Then I tried individually, the three Hauppauge driver versions but the image would not recognize the wintv 850 usb tuner.

The only way to get it recognized was to do the opkg install routine. Once recognized, it scanned all the stations and has an epg assigned to some 30% of channels. Some problems still exists for me. Still have to keep using engima restart from the menu in order to activate the usb tuner. Also, when receiver is shut down over night, it needs two or more cold boots to activate the receiver. Then it needs engima restart from the menu to activate the usb tuner.

I'll probably post on the Satdreamgr site too.

el bandido
11-08-2016, 12:26 PM
I will test the Duo2 later today. Been working with other receivers and not had it on for a while.

el bandido
11-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Try loading the latest from OpenPLi and see if you have the same issues. Download the driver from downloadable plugins for your Hauppauge device. Ignore the 950 and 955 drivers. No need to use telnet.

eastof111
11-09-2016, 12:52 AM
Played some more earlier with ATV since it had the same drivers available. Loaded the main driver, not 950 or 955 and it recognized the usb tuner. But, when I went to the tuner config menu, it displayed as enabled, but it would not allow me to select the atsc settings menu for the tuner.

I'll give PLI a shot tomorrow and post the results.

el bandido
11-09-2016, 01:49 AM
What you are seeing in OpenATV is the tuner being recognized and nothing else. In other words, enigma2 "sees" the tuner but does not know what it is or what it is supposed to do. They will probably finish it one day. All the needed information is available.
ATSC works in OpenVix.

eastof111
11-09-2016, 02:48 AM
Will give VIX a try too.

el bandido
11-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Looks like VIX is the first OE Aliance based image with ATSC support! You will need to manually add the atsc.xml file to etc/tuxbox for a complete manual scan. This file is missing from the current 4.2.012 build.

eastof111
11-10-2016, 01:32 AM
Nice. Haven't had chance to try it yet, hopefully tomorrow.

el bandido
11-10-2016, 09:09 AM
OpenPLi and SatDreamGr EPG populates out 24 hours for me on some muxes. The channel has to be watched for several minutes to have the guide populate this far. Currently OpenVix only has now/next EPG.

eastof111
11-10-2016, 11:36 AM
I am still on Satdreamgr and haven't had a chance to try Vix or Pli. Had to change all my timers (10) for recording due to the time change. Forgot all about it and missed some recordings. The epg now shows standard time, but the actual info for the channel is one hour off. We use MST all year in my area.

Would be nice to have a check, uncheck box in the timers and/or epg menus to compensate for the Spring and Autumn changes in applicable time zones. Not complaining, just suggesting. I am grateful the timers work as well as they do now.

el bandido
11-10-2016, 12:47 PM
s the epg populating using the epg button? I Am guessing you are not using the latest available updates? There were problems like you mention early on but they seem to have been resolved.

You can also set the receiver to get the time from ATSC. You need to also set an ATSC channel that the receiver goes to when first started if you use ATSC transponder time.

eastof111
11-10-2016, 04:35 PM
s the epg populating using the epg button? I Am guessing you are not using the latest available updates? There were problems like you mention early on but they seem to have been resolved.

I am using the latest updated Satdreamgr. Last night it was still having these epg problems, but not on all channels. Today after a cold boot and enigma restart for the usb tuner, it seems to be behaving in regards to the hour vs. description compared to the actual program on display.

You can also set the receiver to get the time from ATSC. You need to also set an ATSC channel that the receiver goes to when first started if you use ATSC transponder time.

I always use internet time because of all the timers I have setup with very close start/end times and switching between atsc and sat channels could create conflicts.

Will check tonight's recordings to see how it goes.

el bandido
11-10-2016, 08:08 PM
Are you using Experimental or Regular SatDreamGr image?

eastof111
11-10-2016, 11:07 PM
Experimental.

eastof111
11-22-2016, 11:02 PM
Updated SDG online today and after the reboot, everything in the Channel Selector listing was N/A. Similar to what was discussed in the OpenPLI lamedb vs. lamedb5 thread.

Had to do a manual scan for atsc and all returned to normal after the scan. Hope they correct this soon.

el bandido
11-22-2016, 11:10 PM
Maybe need to tell them about it. I do not think they know about this problem.

el bandido
11-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Updated SDG online today and after the reboot, everything in the Channel Selector listing was N/A. Similar to what was discussed in the OpenPLI lamedb vs. lamedb5 thread.

Had to do a manual scan for atsc and all returned to normal after the scan. Hope they correct this soon.

This problem should be fixed now. I downloaded 11-22 experimental, and it installed without any channel issues. A few previous images would turn some channels red.

ViP3R
11-24-2016, 12:02 PM
Seems ok here as well, I did an online update yesterday and no problems this time with the channels being red.

eastof111
11-24-2016, 03:29 PM
Same here. Just did an online update and things are back to normal after doing and enigma restart.

el bandido
11-24-2016, 03:54 PM
Very Good!
A reminder:
Lots of changes are being made to enigmna2 right now by all of the major groups. Some of these changes will cause unwanted problems or issues, It is a good idea to make regular backups, or at least do a backup of your settings before flashing or doing an online update of the image.

eastof111
11-24-2016, 11:35 PM
LOL, I've got image backups and settings backups up the gazoo. Never know when they will come handy.

el bandido
11-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Easy to do when an internal hard drive is installed. I also have a bunch stored in the Duo2 internal hard drive.
Not so easy to do when the only storage is a usb stick because for me, more thought is required.
Wished several times i had made a backup recently while using receivers without internal hard drives.

eastof111
11-25-2016, 01:47 AM
On the receivers you're testing without internal drives, have you tried using a multi-port usb hub for making backups? Or an externally powered hard drive?

el bandido
11-25-2016, 01:59 AM
You have multiple usb ports on most receivers now, so no real need for a hub. And I have bigger hard drives that can be used on usb- up to 1TB. These are the receivers that I look at for a bit, then disconnect. Usually, Anything that is going to stay on the network for a while gets configured to share the 3TB hard drive of the duo2, or gets its own decent sized hard drive.