PDA

View Full Version : Octagon SF-4008

eastof111
01-28-2017, 05:50 PM
Looks like a mod at the dxtv.de site has some inside info regarding the blindscan for this receiver.

"The Octagon SF 4008 will also be able to master blindscan in addition to the presentation of multistream transponders and SX2 transponders. This means that it has all the necessary functions required by the Dxer."

Hopefully it happens soon rather than later.

el bandido
01-28-2017, 09:53 PM
There is no blindscan bin files or plugins in todays OpenAtv image for this new receiver. Maybe it will appear in another month or two. This receiver is not really on the market yet, so it may take some time to see features added.

eastof111
01-28-2017, 10:18 PM
Some more specs....

Here are the characteristics of the Octagon SF 4008 4K receiver, translated with Google.

Si21662-D60 Dual DVB-S / S2 / S2X Digital TV demodulator

Description:

The Si21662D integrates two separate high-performance digital demodulators for the DVB-S2 / S and DVB-S2X standards in a compact housing. With the proven digital demodulation architecture from Silicon Labs, the Si21662D achieves excellent reception performance while dramatically reducing the complexity, cost, and power consumption of the front-end design. Connecting the Si21662D to a dual satellite tuner results in a powerful and cost-optimized TV or STB front-end solution.
Satellite reception allows the demodulation of widely used DVB-S, DIRECTV ™ (DSS), DVB-S2, DIRECTV ™ (AMC) and the new Part II of the DVB-S2 (S2X) satellite transmission standard. A zero IF interface (differential) allows a seamless connection to proven satellite silicon tuners. It also integrates two DiSEqC ™ 2.0 LNB interfaces for the satellite dish control and for each satellite demodulator an equalizer to compensate for echoes in long cable feeds from the LNB to the satellite tuner RF input.
Variable coding and modulation (VCM), QPSK / 8PSK, 8/16 / 32APSK demodulation schemes and broadcast service profile are the main requirements of the DVB-S2 / S2X demodulator. Silicon Labs' innovative LDPC and BCH decoding architecture provides best-in-class low-loss performance.
The Si21662D offers a built-in blind scan algorithm as well as a blind-lock function.
The Si21662D integrates two independent, programmable transport stream interfaces that provide a flexible choice of output modes including crossbar functionality and are fully compatible with all MPEG decoders or conditional access modules to support any customer application.

characteristics

- Pin-to-pin compatible with all dual demodulator family: Si216x2
And Si218x2
- API compatible with all single and all dual demodulators
- DVB-S2 (ETSI EN 302 307-1 V1.4.1)
- QPSK / 8PSK demodulator
- DVB-S2X (ETSI EN302 307-2 V1.1.1)
- Broadcast profile supported
- demodulator QPSK / 8PSK, 8/16 / 32APSK
- Roll-off factors of 0.05 to 0.35
- VCM is supported
- ISSY and NPD are supported
- MIS is supported
- Output Modes: TS, GPCS, and GSE-HEM
- Channelbonding for TS transmissions supported
- DVB-S (ETSI EN 300 421) and DSS
- QPSK demodulator and extended FEC decoder
- Dual DiSEqC ™ 2.x interface, Unicable support
- 1 to 45 MSps for all satellite standards 
(<40 MSps in 32APSK)
- I2C serial bus interfaces (master and host)
- Upgradeable with firmware patch download via fast SPI or I2C
(Broadcast mode supported)
- Two independent differential ZIF I / Q inputs
- GPIOs and multipurpose connections (two per demodulator)
- Separate flexible TS interfaces with serial or parallel 
Outputs and cross-bar function
- Fast locking times
- Only two power supplies: 1.2 and 3.3 V
- 8x8 mm, QFN-68 pencil package, Pb-free / RoHS compliant
Applications
- Multi-receiver iDTV: on board or in an NIM
- Advanced multimedial PVR STBs
- PC-TV accessories
- PVR, DVD and Blu-ray Disc recorders

el bandido
01-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Those specs look good, but a lot of them are not confirmed. Should know more about it in the next 30 days.

eastof111
01-29-2017, 12:26 AM
Actually, there are a few guys at the dxtv site that have received their receivers. Most seem quite happy with their purchases and patiently waiting for blindscan to surface. So far the biggest complaint was the openatv 6.0 image wouldn't display signal dbs only %. But some one else found the HDglass skin did.

el bandido
01-29-2017, 08:55 AM
This early in the game, the few that have these receivers will be mostly beta testers and will automatically lean towards the product being good. You will find out more about it once normal sources stock it.

Images need to show up at these two sites. A receiver like this should have the full support of the community.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Octagon needs to make a public decision on blindscan.
A few average users need to report their problems, and likes or dislikes for the receiver.

I may get one of these with or without blindscan, but something tells me to wait a little bit first.

el bandido
01-29-2017, 09:44 AM
Two other images that I think have not been mentioned here are Egami and Open Eight.
Open Eight is specifically designed for Octagon, so I have never used it.
Egami does not support a lot of boxes but I have used their images. The Egami image is a bit different, and has some real nice features to it.

These two images are nice additions, but we need support from the big three (ATV,PLi,VIX). All three of these have helped us.
Some of the other image groups could care less about us or have no desire to help North America.

el bandido
01-29-2017, 09:37 PM
Here is a picture of a vu+ board. This box does not currently support dvb-S2x

Features can be possible in a box but may never be realized. The Vu+ Zero that I bought was advertised to have blindscan but it never happened.

eastof111
01-29-2017, 10:05 PM
Time will tell if Octagon copies Vu+ promises....

eastof111
02-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Two other images that I think have not been mentioned here are Egami and Open Eight.

PB-powerboard is a new entry too.

el bandido
02-04-2017, 12:16 AM
Time will tell if Octagon copies Vu+ promises....
To be clear, I never remember Vu+ promising anything. Actually they say very little and publish even less information about their products. The Zero blindscan information came from similar sources as the new Octagon receiver. Hearsay in other words.

For me, I may get this receiver with or without blindscan. It would not be too difficult to share the channel file with another enigma2 receive that can blindscan.

I read that Arm architecture is supposed to have an exploit that will allow you to add video codecs such as 4:2:2. Do not know if we would ever see a hack like this or not, but someone in the community may be able to do it.

eastof111
02-04-2017, 02:23 AM
So far I've seen them advertised at 209+ Euros at DE sites, even though they are not in stock. For some reason the Italians have received more units than others. Spain, UK and Germany are still waiting for their shipments. I am guessing next week we'll see more posts regarding reviews.

el bandido
02-05-2017, 09:55 AM
This thread at another site has good information.

el bandido
02-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Esmos is credible.

Working on it and having it are two different things. This box may be my next receiver. Then I will need to purchase a 4K tv.

chewie
02-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Hello EB
Do you know where to get one? let me know, the receiver looks good so far.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
02-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Will post when i find a seller I think we can trust to do the right things. Mass distribution is just getting started, so probably 3-4 weeks.

eastof111
02-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Glad to see things are moving along. If any others interested, group purchase maybe?

chewie
02-07-2017, 09:20 AM
You can count me in eastof

el bandido
02-07-2017, 10:02 PM
I would expect around the first of March or a couple of weeks before these are available to us from a trusted source.

eastof111
02-07-2017, 10:09 PM
We've waited this long for a new quality receiver, another month or so shouldn't be too much of an imposition.

el bandido
02-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Agreed!
I can probably find some now, but would rather wait for someone we have purchased from before.

el bandido
02-09-2017, 07:17 PM
I have located a supplier, but have not finished getting prices. Looks like we have three so far that want to purchase this receiver.

OpenATV 6.0 has the atsc.xml file installed in the 4008 image. I think we can get atsc drivers installed for this receiver.

rrob311
02-09-2017, 08:42 PM
I'd be interested to see if this receiver outputs 4k to a 4k tv. The K1+ android will play the 4k channels but the output says 1080p. I don't know how anyone could measure the difference but it seems that there should be a 4k output option.

el bandido
02-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Android works great for tablets and phones, but not so great for FTA.
Octagon sf4008 is not an Android receiver. This Octagon runs Linux, and Android is a stripped version of Linux. I think Octagon would be ran out of Germany on a rail if they produced a 4K receiver that would only output in 1080 to a 4K tv or monitor.

el bandido
02-09-2017, 10:52 PM
These specs seem to be true:
OCTAGON SF4008 UHD 4K 2160p Triple E2 Linux Receiver (DVB-S2X)
Processor BCM 7251S
12K DMIPS (12000)
2 x 1700MHz Dual Core (2x1.7GHz)
NAND Flash 4GB eMMC
RAM 1GB DDR4

I understand these features have been verified by reputable people:
ACM / VCM / Multistream
16APSK
DVB-S2x
Blindscan = No. (This feature is being worked on and should be available soon.)

Internal Tuner Configurations for United States:
Tuner slot 1 = (2) DVB-S2/DVB-S2x
Tuner slot 2 = (1) DVB-S2
Tuner slot 2 = Empty

It may be possible to have tuner slot 1 as a single DVB-S2, but have not seen that option.
DVB-S2 tuner for slot 2 will add around $70.00 U.S. to the total price.

eastof111
02-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Rob, here's a site where guys have already received the receiver and have been posting about its performance. Currently they are talking about sr as low as 285 and other items. Go back a few pages from the 59 and you will get a better perspective about the receiver.

Here's more info regarding T2-MI reception on E2 STB with SDG image

Introduction

T2-MI is a special transmission method where a whole DVB-T2 stream is capped inside a data pid of a satellite transponder that is used to feed a terrestrial DVB-T2 transmitter. Until now, only some selected software was able to decapsulate these streams, notably for PC.

The SatDreamGr team made possible to implement this decapsulation to its supported Enigma2 receivers. So far this is done via the astra-sm project which works parallel to Enigma2 as a process, with the difference that it can now be done completely by the receiver without the need of an external device like a PC. The channels are being decapsulated internally as a stream favourites bouquet and can be viewed as regular channels with everything that there is inside the transponder stream such as EPG, teletext, audio streams etc.

The philosophy includes the data channel, which can be tuned with the receiver’s tuner (unless it’s also a multistream transmission, which requires a USB tuner like TBS) and acts as a feed for the T2-MI stream. This stream becomes an input for the astra-sm process, and with the help of a special script and a configuration file can be output as a stream package via internal stream relay. Note that this is the same way Powervu works for E2 STBs that don’t support direct emulation. The stream relay can then be stripped to separate channels that will compile a favourites bouquet which will work as a regular ready-to-view channel bouquet in the E2 receiver.

------

Over the pond only.

el bandido
02-10-2017, 03:47 PM
I found a source for $280.00 U.S. with shipping included.

chewie
02-10-2017, 07:35 PM
EB can you share the site?

el bandido
02-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Check your message box.
Let me know if you have any issues.

chewie
02-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Thanks EB, Do you know for a fact they ship to the USA

el bandido
02-10-2017, 10:18 PM
They have a conversion to dollars.
When you go through the checkout, a U.S. shipper is selected.
So, They should ship to the U.S.

Wait a bit and I will try it. I am still looking, but will buy from them if I cannot find something better.

There is another vendor that contacted me, but the box shipped is about $365.00 U.S. using UPS.

eastof111
02-10-2017, 11:39 PM
I found a source for $280.00 U.S. with shipping included.

Pm info pls.

DaveLH
02-11-2017, 09:41 AM
I live in Canada and also interested in the Octagon SF4008 sat receiver with it's bells and whistles. However because of location can't get in on the bulk purchase it's just too complicated. I have been looking for a source to Canada from Germany in Canadian dollars. Would either of you gents PM me the dealer sites that offer detailed purchasing and shipping. Thanks in advance.

el bandido
02-11-2017, 09:48 AM
There is not enough for a bulk purchase right now.

I ran into one that shipped to Canada and Not the U.S. Let me see if I can find it or something else suitable.

DaveLH
02-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Thanks EB, coming from you it's a trusted site. Thanks again.

el bandido
02-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Let me know if it does not work and we will do something different.

DaveLH
02-11-2017, 08:13 PM
It will work.

chewie
02-11-2017, 09:53 PM
Hello EB
Regarding the tuners,
TUNER:
DVB-S2x DUAL (DVB-S2X Support) tuner
DVB-C / T2 DUAL
As a PNP version up to 3 tuners maximally possible

Do you know how many tuners this receiver comes with, the site does not give you a choice to choose the tuners.
Let me know.
Chewie

el bandido
02-11-2017, 10:12 PM
This is the product description:
OCTAGON SF4008 UHD 4K Twin SAT

You should get 2 satellite tuners with the second slot empty.
Pictures of the product are available so you can verify this in writing and with photos.

This particular receiver will only support 3 DVB-S2 tuners. This Vendor does not offer the third DVB-S2 tuner as an option. You will need to get the third S2 tuner at another location if you want it.

el bandido
02-13-2017, 08:03 PM
It looks like a few of these Octagons will be coming to North America soon!

Would like to mention the Egami image. This image is not available for the enigma2 receivers that most of us have. All enigma2 images are similar, but the Egami image has unique skin, and it has some interesting features. Egami supports the Octagon SF-4008.

chewie
02-13-2017, 08:42 PM
I have the egami image on my Miraclebox receiver and is very good, Regarding the Octagon, have you order yours yet? I sent a e-mail to the store where I purchased my VU+ and Miraclebox receivers, they don't have the Octagon on their receiver list but they say they can get me one in a week and ship it to me, I ask for pricing.
Have you seen any updates on blind scan?
I will let you guys know.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
02-13-2017, 08:54 PM
No, I have not ordered one yet, but probably will in the next few days or couple weeks. This is a freshly minted receiver, and more will be selling it within a month.

Any Octagon receiver updates that I know of will be posted here. Blindscan is on the "To Do" list, but you can be sure that it is not at the top of that list. Seems blindscan and motor controls have always been dead last for priorities.

eastof111
02-13-2017, 11:00 PM
Here's a few more sites to peruse for prices and availability while we await further blindscan news.

eastof111
02-13-2017, 11:03 PM
It looks like a few of these Octagons will be coming to North America soon!

Sure hope so....

el bandido
02-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Here's a few more sites to peruse for prices and availability while we await further blindscan news.

Prices are moot if they do not ship here. Most if not all of that list will not ship outside the U.K.

Best price I have seen for a twin DVB-S2x is 180 Euro. That does not include shipping or other fees.

Others that ship here should eventually have them.

I only want to do business with a vendor that is well known. I want somebody that knows what to do if there is a problem and one that accepts PayPal or major credit card.

eastof111
02-14-2017, 02:06 AM
"Prices are moot if they do not ship here. Most if not all of that list will not ship outside the U.K."

Never said anything about U.S. shipments; but a good reference for price and availability in Euro, present and future. When the market stabilizes, the retailers willing to ship to the U.S. will materialize.

DaveLH
02-14-2017, 03:45 AM
I inquired at Satshop.fi if they plan to stock the Octagon SF4008. Their reply this morning was, " Yes we will. I'll try to put it on line today. We can get them in about 1 week after we get your order." No mention of price, they will ship to NA.

DaveLH
02-14-2017, 04:09 AM
My plan is to purchase the Octagon SF4008 soon also. It has the specs that I want and supposedly has good tuners won't need the TBS5925. I have my Vu+ Duo 2 up on Kijiji for sale, keeping my Vu+ Solo2.
This weekend we will be salvaging a 12 foot mesh in great shape still on the pole, cheap. It's about 50 feet off his driveway in a field with 2.5 feet of snow in the way, it will be worth it, no whining here. Not sure of the make yet nor do I have a good picture of it yet, either way we are grabbing it, more spare parts.

MCelliotG
02-14-2017, 07:53 AM
If I eventually buy this STB, I will make sure my TBS is attached to it as well, as the tuner seems not to support Combo and APSK. :(

el bandido
02-14-2017, 08:43 AM
No APSK? I thought it had been confirmed to do 16 APSK.

DaveLH
02-14-2017, 03:57 PM
My apology for posting off topic in post #48, no intent of hijacking was intended.

el bandido
02-14-2017, 04:26 PM
My apology for posting off topic in post #48, no intent of hijacking was intended.

No need to apologize. No worries.

el bandido
02-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Thought the 16/32APSK had been confirmed on this box. Seems the APSK is only available in DV-S2x? (See attached .pdf)

chewie
02-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Thanks EB, well we got to make sure our receivers has this tuner.
Regards.
Chewie

eastof111
02-14-2017, 09:35 PM
Another new low.

skink
02-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Well I ordered one and hope it is as good as advertised.There is too much "junk" out there with little quality engineered in them.Let you know when I receive it.

ViP3R
02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Hi guy's!

If you want to hold off for a bit I'll probably be getting these direct from Octagon and add them to the Legit-Shop once we clarify the tuner APSK question.
Once we know we will post here and if good make an SF-4008 section and go from there.

eastof111
02-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Cool and if all goes well, count me in and really hope it enhances E2 propagation via this site.

DaveLH
02-16-2017, 05:07 AM
Good morning all. I have one question too all in the know, will the Octagon SF4008 with dual S2x tuners operate within the North American satellite system. I don't believe S2x is backwards compatible. Too much stuff to digest on this topic. Thanks

el bandido
02-16-2017, 07:31 AM
DVB-S2x Is a different standard than DVB-S2. Sort of like DVB-S and DVB-S2.

The Octagon SF-4008 is capable of receiving DVB-S, DVB-S2, and DVB-S2x.

el bandido
02-16-2017, 08:26 AM
Well I ordered one and hope it is as good as advertised.There is too much "junk" out there with little quality engineered in them.Let you know when I receive it.

I think you will enjoy it. Don't know how much experience you have with enigma operating system, but will be glad to assist if you need it.

Most of the closed source receivers are not supported in any great way. A couple of upgrades are issued which may or may not fix things, and that is it. Support for any enigma2 receiver is usually measured in years as compared to a few months for a closed source receiver. Do not know why the North American fta dealers do not realize this. Maybe they would rather have the slow death that is happening to them now?

DaveLH
02-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Thanks EB for the clarification. I been into enigma2 for a couple of years now, thanks to this site sort of learned my way around. The same files, lamdb, settings and satellites are saved and used with open.atv or openvix. Myself I can't see going back to the closed source receiver they are all the same but in different packages.

skink
02-16-2017, 11:49 AM
Thanks for offer of help el bandido.This will be my first enigma based receiver and all the help will be appreciated.I was notified that it is on it's way.

el bandido
02-16-2017, 03:14 PM
Would be a good idea to understand how to use telnet and to be able to transfer files using FileZilla.
Being able to do these two things is not mandatory, but it makes enigma2 easier.

chewie
02-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Hi guy's!

If you want to hold off for a bit I'll probably be getting these direct from Octagon and add them to the Legit-Shop once we clarify the tuner APSK question.
Once we know we will post here and if good make an SF-4008 section and go from there.

Hello Vip
Any news on the APSK yet, please let us know.
Regards.
Chewie

eastof111
02-17-2017, 02:50 PM
I certainly hope the apsk issue is resolved. It wouldn't be logical at this point in time to release a new receiver that is apsk challenged.

Here's a terrible google translation from a user that appears to be extremely satisfied with the sensitivity of the tuner.

Originally Posted by Aranycsapat

"Then, yesterday, I finally have the decoder in his hands.
I've never been a fan of E2 receivers, I linux receivers, ALI, Spark, Spark2-Android (which for me would be the best system ever if he believed us some big more and more AMIKO and a few others). Having said that, hats off to Mr. Octagon SF4008, right now for me the top.
One reason of all, definitely has been mentioned, but it is right to reiterate: the quality of the tuner receivers S2X of this is really the absolute top; an unprecedented sensitivity before, not only because it engages with frequencies SR really ridiculous, but also because it engages frequencies that I have never been able to hook.
I have a toroid centered on the 13 East, and finding the far south-west of Sardinia of course I of the satellites that from me are going great compared to other areas (give an example on all Nilesat), whereas others are certainly not the maximum ( Astra 28 jump immediately to mind).
On Astra 28 with any decoder'd tried certain frequencies it had always been almost impossible, but with this Octagon beaked all; I do not mean beam UK, and with a toroidal centered at 13 are a dream at my latitude (and beyond) but of all visible frequencies of all other Beam, something never seen.
The reception then multistream is certainly a treat not just (perfect 5 on the west full of Italian and French reception; I have not tried the others sat I get even if there is not much).
As for the terrestrial tuner here I had never seen a tuner so sensitive, I get the unseen frequencies before and I have a very stable signal at frequencies where I come from are really ostiche, because I can receive them only from a deck that is in crow flies about 100 km from my home country, because in the bridge closest to me are not present.
Moreover, there is little to say, the receiver does all he has to do, clear interface and Pulia (OPENATV 6), real fast at startup, fast channel change among channels on different satellites.
There is one thing I find strange and I wonder if others have experienced the same "anomaly."
I speak of the SNR values measured by the tuner S2X, the series on Hotbird me SNR around 50/55, which is really low, also because I have with any other receiver valiori around 90/95. Obviously the channels you see very well without any hesitation, and to emphasize the strangeness, I have certain channels on satellites with SNR 23/30 you can see very well; as if the scale riportasse a value of about 40 points lower real.
Has anyone encountered this problem? E 'due to little mature drivers of this receiver? Is there some setting that maybe I need to enable? Not being E2 expert I ask you to help me out and make me a better understanding of this oddity, which in itself is just again an oddity in the reported value, certainly not in the video quality is very high."

el bandido
02-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Looks like there is a brick wall here for 16/32 APSK. Most likely, someone will have to get the receiver and test it. That will be the only way we really know.

eastof111
02-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Well, hopefully Skink will post a review when he receives his unit.

el bandido
02-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Octagon has not contacted OpenPLi for support of the SF-4008. This is not good because OpenPLi develops things. PLi members along with others developed atsc for us. I hope Octagon changes their mind about PLi support!

Another thing I do not like is adding the third DVB-S2 tuner. Octagon does not have a single DV-S2 tuner, so you are forced to buy a double tuner and have only one port of it work. This is sloppy imo.

ViP3R
02-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Octagon do not seem to be very easy to get along with, they told me they cannot test the hardware and it needs to be tested, but will not send a sample for us to test.
I'm not willing to be the guinea pig on this. So I don't see me added them here for sale at this time.

It's the same old thing here, they don't seem to have any interest in North America. I really hope it turns out to be a good box though.

eastof111
02-18-2017, 03:57 PM
"Octagon has not contacted OpenPLi for support of the SF-4008. This is not good because OpenPLi develops things. PLi members along with others developed atsc for us. I hope Octagon changes their mind about PLi support!"

Looks like Octagon wants ATV to be the front runners in the image race. Kind of makes sense, since it's their home market anyway. I think and could be wrong, but Octagon probably thinks the PLI folks are too independent and don't play nice with others.

"but will not send a sample for us to test."

Looks like Octagon didn't supply WOS with a test unit either and they are a major player in the U.K. But again, I could be wrong in reading between the lines.

After reading some of the posts on the Italian forum, they did not seem to be testers, but actual folks that purchased their units. One reason why they were one of the first to receive their units vs. other countries. One op complained of bad quality control regarding the case construction. He said he was getting a credit or a new unit later in the month after the first batch of receivers were distributed. Again, my 2 cents.

el bandido
02-18-2017, 09:17 PM
Looks like Octagon wants ATV to be the front runners in the image race. Kind of makes sense, since it's their home market anyway. I think and could be wrong, but Octagon probably thinks the PLI folks are too independent and don't play nice with others.

The politics or reasons why are not important to me. This receiver will probably need some updates in order for us to enjoy atsc and other things that we are used to having now. Will be much easier to get these updates if OpenPLi is supporting the receiver. A good enigma2 receiver for us will have support from PLi,VIX, and ATV. We have two of these three now.

eastof111
02-19-2017, 01:42 AM
I agree, politics aside, this hopefully could be a very good receiver.

el bandido
02-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Recent reviews and user comments are encouraging. Will be better to see information from someone in North America. I very well remember some in Europe bragging about the greatness of the vu+ Duo2 bindscan when in reality it was nothing to brag about.

DaveLH
02-19-2017, 08:04 PM
Amen to that.....................

el bandido
02-24-2017, 08:55 AM
SatDreamGr Experimental image is available for this receiver.

chewie
02-26-2017, 12:20 PM

Hello skink
When is you receiver arriving, I am curious to know how good is it, Let us Know.
Regards.
Chewie

skink
02-26-2017, 04:39 PM
There seems to be a backlog at customs/post office.I too am curious about this box.I will let you know as soon as I get it in my hands Chewie.

el bandido
03-12-2017, 06:59 PM
Maybe President Trump decided to keep it???

eastof111
03-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Could be.... he does watch too much cable. Time he switched to fta.

el bandido
03-22-2017, 06:52 PM
I just ordered the Octagon SF-4008. Looks like that is the only way to get a review of it.

eastof111
03-22-2017, 11:40 PM
There are many ongoing posts on the other forums. So far,

1- It has a very sensitive tuner.
2- Still many bugs need correcting via drivers and images.
3- Dxers having to use signal finder to compensate for lack of blindscan.
4- Some plugins working; some still need rewrites.
5- Same with some skins.
6- Considering the initial hiccups, most are happy with their receivers.
7- The unhappy folks are the ones that expected a receiver with less bugs with its premiere release.

I guess when they release the 4018, most bugs should be gone.

DaveLH
03-23-2017, 03:52 AM
Mine came in last week, bugs yes as can be expected and being fixed. Using openATV and openVIX. You will not be sorry EB, blindscan should be soon?? Now for a 4K tv and we will be complete. This sucker scans like no other box I have ever owned, well they were Vu+ take it from there. My AZbox premium plus was excellent.

el bandido
03-23-2017, 05:04 AM
Does the box do DVB/S2 16APSK? I have no clear answer for this.
It should only take me a few minutes to answer this question once I get the box.

chewie
03-23-2017, 08:22 AM
Very good EB, can you share where did you purchased from and the price, Let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-23-2017, 10:01 AM

The price was $225 U.S. (Shipped) for dual DVB-S2 version.

Pay attention to what you are doing. Or you will get a receiver that is not configured correctly!

DaveLH
03-23-2017, 10:46 AM
EB do you have a 16 qpsk transponder and satellite in mind, post it and I will see if it works.

el bandido
03-23-2017, 11:08 AM

I can find these transponders on other satellites with ease using the modified blindscan plugin.

el bandido
03-23-2017, 11:28 AM

chewie
03-23-2017, 12:51 PM

The price was $225 U.S. (Shipped) for dual DVB-S2 version.

Pay attention to what you are doing. Or you will get a receiver that is not configured correctly!

Hello EB
Well the only option we need to check is this one.

Octagon Tuner Dual 2 x DVB-S2X (satellite) for Octagon SF4008 +€35.00
Correct?

Regards.
Chewie

nstalled tuner 1-2*

Octagon Tuner Dual 2 x DVB-T2/C (terrestrial/cable) for Octagon SF4008 +€45.00

Qty:

el bandido
03-23-2017, 01:06 PM
Well the only option we need to check is this one.

Correct?

Correct.
Down below it, you may add the third DVB-S2 tuner, which is the same double tuner, BUT only one tuner works in the second slot. So I did not get the third DVB-S2 tuner.

It is important to select the correct DVB-S2 option, and verify that is what has been selected as you are checking out and billing. Check & Double check.

DaveLH
03-23-2017, 04:07 PM
EB the only frequency I can pick up is 4104 with three channels. the two 16ASPK channels no go not even a signal indication with direct input. Now there are other factors pertaining to the dish and the setup, once the snow goes, you can't relate to that ,some fine tuning would be in order.

skink
03-23-2017, 04:14 PM
What satellite is that DaveLH?

el bandido
03-23-2017, 04:21 PM
Look at the screenshots of post 88 and 89. All the info is there.

skink
03-23-2017, 06:22 PM
I tried the transponder on Anik F2,but there isn't enough strength to lock it on a steady basis to scan in.I scan in the Hippodromo De Las Americas-B 3965V 1035SR on G3R.I am not sure if this is 16APSK?

el bandido
03-23-2017, 08:37 PM
The apsk transponders I listed are data and do not have video channels. Thanks for checking. This is something I can do quickly and easily once the receiver arrives.

DaveLH
03-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Very wet snow falling this morning and afternoon losing some channels as it builds on the dish. Going to warm up starting Sunday then will get back to testing.

el bandido
03-30-2017, 02:36 PM
My Octagon arrived today. It needs some work, but has the makings of a very nice receiver.

DaveLH
03-30-2017, 05:20 PM
The testing will Now begin.............Might get this box figured out now.

chewie
03-30-2017, 08:11 PM
mine should arrive early next week.

el bandido
03-30-2017, 08:16 PM
The testing will Now begin.............Might get this box figured out now.

LOL

[Only registered and activated users can see links](4K)-Bugs-Issues-and-Problems&p=94500#post94500

ViP3R
03-31-2017, 10:39 AM
Just a heads up, I created a discussion and file section for the Octagon SF-4008(4K) since it looks like it might be a popular box. :smiley14: