PDA

View Full Version : ZGemma H7 UHD From Tek2000.com: Buyer Beware!

el bandido
07-26-2017, 10:29 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

It is nice to see someone selling enigma2 receivers in North America, but it is not so nice to see things advertised as working when they are not. The Tek2000 ad posted in the link above has classic fta receiver claims in it, up to and including the elusive 4:2:2 video codec. Currently, the Zgemma H7 cannot do 4:2:2 / MPEG 4.

There is no blindscan for this receiver, and there is no DVB-S/S2 satellite epg, except on a few channels that almost any fta receiver can get. You also get $50.00 off retail price if you pre-order which is a Red Flag.

I have seen a lot of advertisements like this, and I think 100 percent of them could not produce everything they claimed. The 4:2:2 claim comes out almost every time a new receiver is introduced! Zgemma does not have DVB-S/S2 blindscan for internal tuners on any current receiver, or even on any receiver they have ever made. It is possible they will add it, and it is possible they will not!

The fta satellite epg claim for North America is pretty far fetched, but it can be done. It would take a lot of time and maintenance to make large scale fta satellite epg work in North America. I would be surprised to see over a handful or two of channels with supported epg. I would also expect the epg to be buggy and not last long. Again, fta satellite epg in North America can be done, but it would take motivation, time, and discipline. It would really need to be a group effort.

The Zgemma H7 could be a big upgrade for someone that has never owned an enigma2 box, but as is, the Zgemma H7 is not really capable of doing much in North America. It does have a lot of potential, but I would rather wait and pay the full $300.00 after all these advertised features are working correctly instead of getting a $50.00 discount now and hoping this stuff will work later. Features are always one update away from working, right? Good luck with that! EB

DESCRIPTION
The ZGemma H7 (North American Edition) is our newest receiver capable of decoding 4K satellite tv broadcasts!

This receiver will decode DVB-S and DVB-S2 satellite signals, ATSC terrestrial and digital cable signals and supports all major video compression codecs like MPEG2, MPEG4, and H.265 (hevc) and can demodulate QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK modulation.

Get the most out of your TVRO satellite experience with a ZGemma H7 (North American) 4K digital satellite receiver today!

Note: A 4K television is required to view UHD tv channels.

Note: This 4K receiver will start shipping with all our dish packages starting in August, 2017.

Note: Future EPG satellite support will only work if you purchase from us. It will NOT work with the European edition or any clones.

Note: We are the exclusive dealer for the North American Edition of the ZGemma H7 4K receiver.

Note: For available 4K channels, please visit Satellite Charts and search for UHDTV channels.

Note: To learn how to use your 4K receiver, please see the 4K Receiver Guide.

Note: Now accepting pre-orders for $249 USD (regular price $299 USD). Item will ship August 15th, 2017.

FEATURES
4K (UHD) resolution
Front panel display
Front CI and smart card slots
DVB-S2 and ATSC tuners
QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK demodulation
MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, H.265 SD, HD, UHD video decoding
Internal SSD mount for PVR capability
4.2.2 / MPEG 4 / H.265 processing
Enigma 2 Open Source Operating System

INCLUDES
ZGemma H7 (North American Edition)
Remote Control
120V/240V Power Supply
HDMI Cable

Price: $249.00 USD

Zgemma Clones? LOL
No mention of a warranty.

iccoldbeer
07-27-2017, 06:04 AM
Interesting, Rick Clayor has ordered a case of octagon sf4008 and the manufacturer has told him that they will have blind scan. He makes no promise of such and they are not on his retail store site.14296
Yes good to see E2 for NA

el bandido
07-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Tek2000 says this:

I have been told this receiver can decode 4.2.2 / MPEG4 chroma profiles and is capable of blind scan, but needs another firmware update. As soon as I can confirm that these two features work and the CBS channels decode, I will let everyone know.

His advertising shows 4.2.2 / MPEG4. I do not like seeing things like this, and pre-orders are not normally a good thing. The H7 may turn out to be the best receiver we have seen in years, but it is not that now. There really is not a Zgemma H7 North American Edition either because these receivers are designed to operate anywhere in the world. The Internal ATSC tuner will work in other places besides North America, but he does have the right to name it whatever he wants to.

iccoldbeer
07-27-2017, 08:25 AM
Reading between the lines but i think the so called N.A. version will pull N.A .xml epg data from location maintained by tek2000. I could be way off.

el bandido
07-27-2017, 08:43 AM
You are probably correct. The trick is getting the epg into a file that is usable for the channels we can view. It takes some work to do this, and it would be something one person would probably have a full time job of maintaining. FridgeFTA tried this same trick on Amiko. How long the imported epg will last and how well it will work remains to be seen. Where is a working demonstration of this satellite epg? I do not like seeing features advertised that cannot be demonstrated to work.

iccoldbeer
07-27-2017, 09:12 AM
Yes "If wishes were fishes" came to mind when reading the linked description.

askit
07-27-2017, 12:10 PM
I do think advertising: 4.2.2 / MPEG 4 / H.265 processing then saying they can not confirm it is a HUGE red flag!
They should have done right and removed the 4:2:2 part till they were sure it was true.

el bandido
07-27-2017, 12:36 PM
EPG for all satellites? LOL
I did some research om epg in enigma2 receivers a couple of years ago. What Tek2000 is claiming to do is not easy, but to give benefit of doubt, I would say it might be possible. There was a company that would sell epg information, but they did not have everything I needed, plus I did not want to pay a monthly fee. Making this epg "exclusive" will be almost impossible to do with enigma2 receiver. Will have to see this working in order to be convinced it is real. Posting a few pictures of epg working or even a short video will not be enough to convince me. Many different things have to be correct in order for epg to populate and be displayed correctly.

Tek2000 is pleased to announce the debut of the ZGemma H7 (North America Edition) 4K satellite receiver. This receiver will demodulate QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK signals and decode MPEG2, MPEG4 and H.265 (HEVC) video with a maximum resolution of 2160p (UHDTV). The unit includes two DVB-S2 (pluggable) satellite tuners and one ATSC Terrestrial tuner. This will also be the only TVRO satellite receiver with real-time EPG satellite information available for all satellites! More information about this feature will be forthcoming.

There are currently several full-time 4K (UHD) channels broadcasting on c band satellite such as 4KUniverse, C4K360, SPI Funbox 4K, Nature Relaxation, Fashion One 4K, Nasa 4K, Fight Sport 4K and countless 4K sports wild feeds. All are FTA and this is the receiver you need to watch them!

We have a container full of these on the way and expect to start shipping out pre-orders by August 15th, 2017. We will also include this 4K receiver with all our dish package deals so new TVRO customers are ready to enjoy 4K content immediately!

We are the exclusive North American dealer for this product. Don’t delay, order your 4K receiver today!

terrer
07-27-2017, 04:38 PM
TEK2000.COM----Has any member here ever ordered anything from this web site? Has anyone ever had any 'scam' or other problems from these people? I was wondering if they can be trusted! Thanks
If you have any questions about our products or your order please feel free to contact us. Please don't hesitate to ask us about anything, including dish sizes, receiver capabilities, channels you want to receive, installation advice and anything else. We will do our best to answer all questions within 24hrs.

Mailing Address

Tek2000
2400 Midland Ave
Suite 112 - Box 111
Scarborough, Ontario
M1S-5C1
Canada

eastof111
07-27-2017, 05:02 PM
Other ops on some other sites have purchased their dishes. The only complaints were misaligned screw holes and damages due to shipping along with a few other items. But, in general they seemed to be complacent with their dishes considering their experience. Bear in mind that these posts were from the middle of last year and I have not seen more recent posts regarding TEK2000.

terrer
07-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Deleted post!

el bandido
07-27-2017, 05:30 PM
Buyer Beware means that the buyer assumes the risk that the Zgemma H7 may fail to meet expectations, or may fail to do some things the seller claims it will do. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I would not be afraid to buy something if I wanted it from Tek2000. They will ship what you order.

MCelliotG
07-28-2017, 05:05 PM
OK, I read 100 and I'm keeping -1!
First things first:
1) 4.2.2. decoding in STBs is hardware dependent. With Zgemma h7 using the very same board as the SF4008/HD51 the decoding should be simply impossible. The only way 4.2.2 will work on STBs is a) hardware support (only SH4 chipsets provide that ftm) b) software support. This requires an even more efficient CPU support. If in the smallest chance Zgemma will handle 4.2.2 this will happen on the other STBs as well with the same specs and it will be only software. I find it highly unlikely.

2) "EPG will work only with our variants". This is some good BS right there. EPG on E2 is purely software! There is nothing spectacular on the EPG of American satellites, same data values, global support! ATSC was a problem and it's now solved. Besides what will they do to support EPG themselves, write special E2 patches themselves? Really?

3) Blindscan is a closed source binary which has to be developed to run on ARM (it's semi-available only on BCM chipsets). I believe once it's ready for either SF4008 or Zgemma H7 it should run on most ARM E2 boxes. Granted, certain closed source firmwares could run blindscan, but E2 is another story. For that some people should work on it, and certain manufacturers don't even care since they cater for people without these needs. Without support and interest it's very difficult unfortunately!

el bandido
07-28-2017, 05:23 PM
One thing I cannot find anywhere is information about Kodi and the Zgemma H7. There was one video showing Kodi working on the H7 several months ago. Any other information about Kodi and the Zgemma H7 would be appreciated.

eastof111
07-29-2017, 12:22 AM
This video?

Airdigital Zgemma H7 UHD 4K KODI 17.1 with openATV 6.0

el bandido
07-29-2017, 07:48 AM
Yes. That is the old video. I would like to see new information about Kodi, and how well it works on the H7. Thanks.

eastof111
07-30-2017, 12:52 AM
""
Jul 17th 2017

Okay sorry for the delay with this, i really have been very busy.

First impressions have been very good, the box comes well packaged with all your usual requirements, UK plug, hdmi lead, user manual, the sata cable connection for the h/drive and screws.

However when installing the hard drive, the plate supplied dose not take into account the hard drive electrics, usually there is little "o" rings for the screws, without these there is a potential for a short, so either insulate the drive itself with some tape or find some little "o" rings to suit, which i what i did as that will also limit vibration/noise from the drive spinning.

Upon plugging in and turning on it is immediately apparent how fast the box boots up. Full cold boot to display of a channel takes 33 seconds (on atv 6.1 image)

Please note for all testing i will be using the latest openATV 6.1 image (unless the image lets me down lol)

Swapping from enigma2 to kodi again is very fast, way quicker than my VUduo2 was and is comparable to my VUuno4k which is unsurprising as they share similar chipsets.

A gigabit ethernet connection is also a first for this Zgemma

So ran a telnet test:

Code

Welcome to openATV for zgemmah7
openatv 6.1 zgemmah7
zgemmah7 login: root
Last login: Fri Jul 21 01:57:24 CEST 2017 on pts/0
Settings for eth0:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
Supported pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: 1000Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Port: MII
PHYAD: 1
Transceiver: internal
Auto-negotiation: on
Supports Wake-on: gs
Wake-on: d
SecureOn password: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
drv probe link
Link detected: yes

So all good there:thumbup:

As this is a 4k UHD box best i test that...., i plugged in my motor and install a motorised channel list, there are a few FTA 4k channels which work great on the H7, so nice to finally have some 4k channels on my UHD telly lol....

Multi stream dvbSX was new in the zgemma h5 plus models, this also works well in the h7 as tested on the 5W satellite.

TESTING-ZGEMMA H52SPLUS-EGAMI 8.0.2 - ZGEMMA H52SPLUS - MULTISTREAM 5W

Blind scanning of sats works well and is very fast, arm chipsets simply work way better than the old mips ones....

Please feel free to ask any questions, if i can help answer i will.

Tomorrow i will test dvb/c/t (if i get time)....... so far pretty good.""

el bandido
07-30-2017, 09:02 AM
Salesman?

Blind scanning of sats works well and is very fast, arm chipsets simply work way better than the old mips ones

I wonder how he got it to blindscan when that feature is not yet available?

Good to see Kodi working!

MCelliotG
07-30-2017, 11:11 AM
Very good!!! Are you sure about blindscan though?
Since you have openATV installed please also test if multiboot is supported, and if there is an openpli based image for H7!

eastof111
07-30-2017, 04:16 PM
"I wonder how he got it to blindscan when that feature is not yet available?"

el bandido
07-31-2017, 06:02 PM
There are not different versions of this H7 receiver which allow internal tuner satellite blindscan while other H7 versions do not. It looks like several people just do not know what satellite blindscan is or else they are just trying to fool people into buying the box by claiming it has internal tuner satellite blindscan.

el bandido
08-05-2017, 08:16 AM

Tek2000 is also selling the Zgemma H5.AC. The H5 is a nice little receiver, and even has a lot for a microSD card. The Zgemma H5 Does Not do the 16 and 32 APSK type modulations.

Tek2000 lists the Zgemma H5.AC as being capable of 16/32 APSK modulations. This is FALSE!

Review of the Zgemma H5.AC is here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links](4-Participants)

The Zgemma H5.AC does not currently have DVB-S/S2 blindscan using internal tuners. This feature was asked for about 1 year ago and has yet to be added.

ZGemma H5 HD

DESCRIPTION
The ZGemma H5 (North American Edition) is our newest HD receiver and the little brother of the ZGemma H7!

This receiver will decode DVB-S and DVB-S2 satellite signals, ATSC terrestrial and digital cable signals and supports all major video compression codecs like MPEG2, MPEG4, and H.265 (hevc) and can demodulate QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK modulation.

This receiver will decode everything except 4K broadcasts and makes an excellent 2nd FTA receiver in the house!

Note: Future EPG satellite support will only work if you purchase from us. It will NOT work with the European edition or any clones.

Note: We are the exclusive dealer for the North American Edition of the ZGemma H5 receiver.

Note: For available 4K channels, please visit Satellite Charts and search for FTA channels.

Note: To learn how to use your ZGemma H5 receiver, please see the ZGemma Receiver Guide.

el bandido
08-16-2017, 07:34 AM
Lol

The latest openPLI firmware for this receiver can handle 4:2:2 / MPEG4. Unfortunately, CBS seems to be the only channel using this format and they have now encrypted with Irdeto. I guess they heard about our new 4K receiver.

(1) OpenPLi makes no mention of 4:2:2 / MPEG4.being added to any receiver.
(2) Neither CBS or CW has encrypted with Irdeto on the channels I checked. (See Screenshot).
(3) No mention of blindscan.

el bandido
08-26-2017, 06:40 AM
Do not believe anything Tek2000 says about his North American Zgemma receivers.

We are not initially releasing the 4:2:2 mpeg4 firmware because of some technical problems and until the manufacturer gets permission to use this commercial codec legally. You guys made such a fuss about 4:2:2 that it went around the world all the way to the chip maker! If the firmware with the 4:2:2 supports gets leaked, you can use it, but it does have some problems. I wish there were more signals with this particular profile so we could send more transport stream logs to the engineers to work with, but unencrypted CBS and random wild feeds is all we got. I think CBS is unencrypted full time on 114.9 west, but I am outside the satellite footprint and can't confirm it. Anyhow, just waiting on the ATSC tuners and shipping of these 4K receivers will begin.

Funny he still Advertises 4.2.2 / MPEG 4 / H.265 processing after admitting it does not Legally have this feature. Again, no mention from OpenPLi or any other image group that I know of about 4.2.2 MPEG 4 being available. Most likely, the tuner driver would at least need to be modified, and image groups such as OpenPLi or OpenATV do not have access to modify the tuner driver because it is closed source.

The price for the Zgemma H7 from Tek2000 is now $300.00 ($299 listed) U.S. dollars

el bandido
10-14-2017, 06:28 PM
Only a driver update is needed....
Here is the latest posted by Tek2000, which is supposed to be a message from Zgemma:

Dear,

Thanks for CBS transport files.

Now our zgemma h7 north america can't work properly on this 4:2:2 file, it's the softwarehouse problem, we need modify the driver frist.
don't worry h7 will support your special 4:2:2 in the future.

LOL
It could happen. But this is the same line of trash we have been hearing since 2010, and it has not happened yet! I have no respect for someone that advertises like this.

el bandido
10-27-2017, 10:36 AM
This one does not do 4:2:2 folks, But the next one will! LOL
The Chinese know how to spell Broadcom.

Here is the latest from Tek2000:

Regarding 4:2:2 issue, I received this in my inbox this morning:

Dear,

about the 4:2:2 problem I'm so sorry that it really cause all problems with your H7 series.
the problem is this BOCOM chippset can't support your special 4:2:2,
But don't worry next production run we'll release the other chippset model which can support your cbs 4:2:2.

I have asked them to start production with the new chip and we're looking at a delivery date of January 2018. My question to you all is this: are you all behind this receiver? I don't want to take possession of 500 of these receivers only to have them take up space in my warehouse. I can get the retail price under $200 by ordering 500, but I need some confirmation from anyone who intends to make purchase. Please register on this forum and let us know.

One more thing. Some c-band enthusiasts have emailed me about their intentions of running an epg server for North American programming. They sounded sincere, so I sent them a couple of boxes for testing. If they deliver as promised, we will have a working epg (like dish/directv).

Good luck with that satellite EPG for North America. Looks like he wants to blame someone else for that not working? Nothing but excuses.

Hey Tek2000, What about offering a refund to anyone that bought the Zgemma H7 from you? Your specs in advertisement clearly said 4:2:2 mpeg4.

MCelliotG
10-27-2017, 12:07 PM
Thank God for them, I got a good laugh today reading this!!!
Just a reminder Broadcom has NO PLANS supporting 4:2:2 in their SOCs, so the only way we're gonna see 4:2:2 in an E2 box using their SoCs is when the CPUs will be as powerful as to permit software based decoding like a PC. It will happen, we just don't know when. Maybe on SF5008 (unlikely), maybe on SF9008, maybe on H25, maybe on DM 1 million+, but it will.
Unless SH4 based receivers running E2 decide to make a serious entry in the game...

filister
10-28-2017, 09:05 PM
I'm sure there are some here who recall a scam at the late & not so great sad testers. Lots of unfulfilled DM500HD stbs & daughter cards.
Cisco fixed them but good. Hmm, could there be a similarity here?

ftaal
10-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Not sold by the hot air Tek2000 blows.

filister
11-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Tek2000 still promotes that Zgemma H7s as if its the Holy Grail box of the decade, but we know differently don't we.
Man has that guy gone over the edge or what? Deleting posts and banning members without notice - just as before IIRC.
Wow.

Think I'll look to some other E2 stb for new satellite hobby experience. Perhaps from a euro vendor.

el bandido
11-03-2017, 06:37 PM
It is common for fta dealers in North America to highly promote products that are average at best. What sets the Zgemma advertising apart is advertising receiver features that are not available. Last I checked, the Zgemma H5.AC was being advertised to have 16APSK capability which it does not have!

Most likely, the user accounts of tek2000, tvroadmin, and The Professor all belong to the same person. And of course, Satellites Galore and Tek200 are the same company.

We need good, decent fta dealers. We do not need fta dealers that lie about features or capabilities of a product! Enough of that has happened already.

MCelliotG
11-04-2017, 05:54 AM
Plus this is unfair to the receiver manufacturer as well. Zgemma H7S is essentially an SF4008/Mutant HD51 but with a better revision Silabs tuner and a much newer kernel version that is very powerful and very decent as a receiver, H52 is essentially an OSmini with better tuner revisions, and they both do what they are supposed to do with the hardware they already have. When sellers advertise false capabilities and promote versions of the receivers with different tuners and hardware (H52/H5AC are different to H7) promising they do something they clearly don't, they only scam the buyers and that's it!
Personally if I had a gun in my head to buy a receiver today I would go with the H7S based on the specs, however the mysterious lack of its own manufacturer support (where are they?) who make products and disappear (did I miss anything on them releasing new drivers that fix issues?) held me back. I should wait for SF5008 and see what happens from there...

ftaal
11-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Most likely, the user accounts of tek2000, tvroadmin, and The Professor all belong to the same person.

I think he's got more accounts then the ones you mentioned, like 50 more. :lolsign:

rrob311
11-06-2017, 07:02 AM
We should compile a thread of receivers that promised 4:2:2 and did not deliver.

el bandido
11-06-2017, 07:55 AM
That list of receivers would be almost every receiver sold or introduced by a North American vendor since 2010. I am tired of being lied to about the performance of fta products. I work hard for my money, and I expect the fta products that I buy to perform as advertised. Why should I have to pay return shipping for something that does not perform as advertised? That is what most of these vendors want you to do - If they will do that much. Some do not want any returns at all.

eastof111
11-07-2017, 02:03 AM
The most prolific way of shaming sites of explicit advertising would be to have scammed individuals post bad experiences. Failure of the website to acknowledge emails, contact numbers not available, credit refunds non-existant, etc.

Accepting a loss and not reporting the damage incurred does not help newbies.

Maybe start a new thread "Scammed by".

filister
11-07-2017, 11:16 AM
The most prolific way of shaming sites of explicit advertising would be to have scammed individuals post bad experiences. Failure of the website to acknowledge emails, contact numbers not available, credit refunds non-existant, etc.

Accepting a loss and not reporting the damage incurred does not help newbies.

Maybe start a new thread "Scammed by".

This guy has been flying under the radar of business regulators/reviewers for awhile.
Posting sketchy info to promote sales at every opportunity like he does.
The way he used that now gone 97W mux to promote sales reminded me of freedbs and all the hype that went with it.
Winners were the vaporware box sellers. No one else.

filister
01-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Seems his account at amazon has gone away now too:
He likes to throw out the accusations at this or that person on his forum for this but when the product just doesn't measure up, amazon will refund the buyer.
Its just good business.

He has resorted to his old standby, create an alias and talk to himself to promote sales.
Bet someone will find him someday soon walking aimlessly in a Toronto park - he'll be talking to himself then too.
Then who'll be the one being called mentally ill.

el bandido
02-01-2018, 11:13 PM
New for 2018 is to decode MPEG4 4:2:2 using the Conditional Access Module or CAM? How original, and probably a first!

From Tek2000:

On another note, we are looking at a 4.2.2 mpeg4 solution using a cam module (instead of new receiver). A couple of advantages to this solution:

1. Current owners of the ZGemma can purchase the cam.
2. If the 4.2.2 profile changes in the future or another broadcaster uses a different format, we can release a cam update that will support the changes.
3. The cam can also be programmed to convert IP satellite streams to DVB-S2, which means even more channels!

Cams are mainly designed to decrypt or decode systems such as Nagravision, Viaccess, Mediaguard, Irdeto...etc. MPEG4 4:2:2 is a video codec that has been blocked by the chip manufacturer. There is a thin line between ignorance and stupidity, but I think that line just got crossed. I also think anything is possible, but just do not see this happening...at all.

Maybe Tek2000 will put the fta satellite epg he advertises but does not have in a cam too?

North American FTA dealers have no shame when it comes to misleading the customer. I doubt a U.K.dealer would try a ruse such as this because their customers know what a cam is and what a cam does and does not do.

iccoldbeer
02-02-2018, 06:27 PM
why the B.S. I may be wrong but can you not just stream from Enigma box to pc and decode 4.2.2?

el bandido
02-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Correct. You can stream 4:2:2 from most enigma2 receivers to a pc and watch the video stream. There are variations to this.

Some forms of 4:2:2 video are considered to be professional, and are not included in a consumer fta receiver. This is why the Zgemma and some other receivers that are capable of receiving the desired 4:2:2 format have it blocked.

While it may be possible to get 4:2:2 to open in a Zgemma or other fta receiver by using the cam module, I see it highly unlikely. Think about what you would have to do to make this happen, and you will see that it would take a lot of work. Then at the end of the day, you have a chip that is not supposed to open 4:2:2 video, so you will have to convince it to do what it is not supposed to do. If you know enough to open up the chip and get the 4:2:2 video like AzBox did, then why use the cam slot? It makes no sense...

iccoldbeer
02-02-2018, 10:04 PM
I dont see method to use cam,would require hardware decode would it not? Only methods I can think of would be stream to pc, or use stream relay and software decode think it would be too cpu intensive and who write code.Maybe I do not understand but broadcom chip will not hardware decode so must pass from tuner out as stream then to none existant software to decode then video out?

el bandido
02-03-2018, 12:02 AM
I think you are correct.

iccoldbeer
02-03-2018, 09:41 AM
I use HTPC and dvb cards. Mpeg4 4.2.2 is no problem just turn on overlay renderer. UHD 4K h.265 HEVC no problem dxva2 use gpu acceleration. This is with 10yr old pc and cheap old dvb cards and $70 gpu. Have not purchased stb since. Sorry have strayed way off topic. I dont understand why people would buy new stb on hope it might do what you want sometime in future. We all know stb support only last till newer is released.I think should work with what you have, stream from tuner of stb to pc and make people aware of features stb has. Not speculated future features. True for this stb and octagon as well.

ViP3R
03-17-2018, 05:29 AM
Noticed today they now have FAST Blindscan.

1. Fast Blind Scan (30 minutes) ~95% accurate

2. Accurate Blind Scan (up to several hours) ~99.9% accurate

Better than nothing I guess. :doh:

eastof111
03-17-2018, 10:38 PM
Interesting...... it also blind scanned a sat at 140.1w

el bandido
03-18-2018, 02:13 PM
That Is Not a blindscan. It is a Service Scan and nothing more than that. Better scan results can be done in a lot less time using a satellite.xml file that is loaded with good transponders and not a bunch of junk.

LOL. More Deceptive Advertising by Tek2000:

Note: This receiver is programmed with software blindscan for c-band, ku-band and dbs satellite signals. Find those 4K wild feeds today!

And of course this:

Final Note: An after-market CAM module may become available in the future to decode 4:2:2, IP to DVB and other signal formats that may become common in the future. Beware of individuals and companies who are afraid of this powerful satellite receiver and engage in endless smear campaigns against it so they can sell you an EOL, obsolete, decades-old receiver with no 4K support,...

eastof111
03-19-2018, 01:56 AM
Interesting...... it also blind scanned a sat at 140.1w

/sarc post all the way.........

filister
03-20-2018, 08:43 AM
El Bandido,
tk2k is using what you had already discovered about the Octagon 4008 support to hype up his dismal sales. Garnished with more vague, empty promises as always.
His typical MO: steal what he can't earn honestly. He was likely a VCII pirate back in the day & can't shake the addiction.
He's like the tied up dog on a rope next to the fence - he's gonna hang himself one day jumping that fence.

eastof111
03-20-2018, 03:39 PM
He should run for public office where he would fit in and make a few millions on the easy.

el bandido
05-17-2018, 09:29 PM
I modified the Service Scan to show transponder counts instead of percent. This mod shows how many transponders need to be scanned, and how many transponders have been scanned instead of percent of scan completed. Then I installed the modified Tek2000 satellite file that supposedly blindscans.

A Tek2000 blindscan was setup on 101W, and was allowed to run until completed. This scan is advertised to take 30 minutes, but it took almost 4 hours to complete it! I see no advantage in this so called blindscan except to waste time. People with Zgemmas would be better served if someone would blindscan the satellites using a proper blindscan receiver that logs transponders, such as the Octagon SX88. Then post the satellites.xml file that is generated by doing the blindscan of all available satellites.

If they are going to continue advertising this useless blindscan, then they should at least modify the scansetup python file so the proper satellite is scanned. It is a shame to see the public being misled because scanning transponders in a satellites.xml file is not a blindscan.

14917 14918

eastof111
05-17-2018, 11:58 PM
Four hours..... might be a new record. Too bad TEK does not realize that by choosing this type of spurious activity they are further contributing to the demise of fta in N.A.. The goose (fta customers) can only lay so many golden eggs before it croaks.

el bandido
05-19-2018, 07:45 PM
The almost 4 hour c band scan was probably fast! TS Sat Editor shows one of his satellite entries to have over 15,000 transponders to scan. He claims this scan can be done in 120 minutes.

14925 14926

Add some fake satellites and call it a blindscan. LOL Tek2000 is in the dumps for this. A new low.

el bandido
05-19-2018, 08:10 PM
Tek2000 Would love to sell you one of these lnb packages.

$248.00 U.S. shipped.

Well...

AliExpress has the same package for about $70.00 U.S. shipped

I can understand the need to make a profit, but this is ridiculous.

iccoldbeer
05-21-2018, 04:10 PM
The ortho feedhorn without scaler and lnbs can be purchased from aliexpress sellers for $15. Then pair with choice of lnbs. I went that way and a pair of norsat 5150f from Rick Shipped cost total for all around same as Tek2000. Should also note no notable gain in db over my lnbf but did lock 16apsk much more reliably. If your looking for big gain get bigger dish.

el bandido
05-21-2018, 05:43 PM
The Tek2000 satellites.xml for his fake blindscan is about 16MB in size. This is around 30-40 times larger than most satellite.xml files. What you are supposed to do is move the dish to a satellite that you want to scan, then select one of his fake satellite entries and scan it. This is complicated at best, and confusing at worst.

I added a feature to the scansetup file that allows any satellite to be scanned in satellites.xml at any location. Simply enter the 4 digit satellite orbit location and start scanning. Here is an example scan that was done on the 116.8w c band satellite as a test.

First, we use TS Sat editor to select the transponders we want to scan.
An Accurate blindscan with a time of 120 minutes is listed at the 160.8W orbit location in the Tek2000 satellites.xml file.

Next, we select manual scan in the receiver, and enter the 160.8W location as 1608 in the Orbit location (bottom entry in menu).

The dish moves to 116.8W and the scan starts using the Tek2000 transponders that are in the 160.8W location of the satellite.xml file. 11,520 transponders need to be scanned for this scan to complete. Any channels or services that are found in this scan will be saved to the 116.8w location in the receiver's lamedb file.

Some 6 hours later, you have this:

About 20 hours later, you have this:

Enigma 2 receivers will do good to scan 200 transponders per hour for orbit locations that have a lot of activity. There are at least 51 active c band transponders at the 116.8W location. Scanning a bunch of random transponders will be slow and is not practical! The amount of time this scan would take to complete should be measured in days, but Tek2000 claims it can be done in two hours.

ftaal
05-22-2018, 06:24 AM
Teks stuff looks like some old crap he got from some out of business dealer for pennies on the dollar.

el bandido
05-22-2018, 05:46 PM
Lol. Probably not that bad, but it is all Chinese.

I let the scan continue for almost two days, but will stop it now. It would have completed sometime late during the third day if it was allowed to continue. This scan does find channels as can be seen in the screencap, but it also makes several duplicates! You are better served with a good satellite file that contains a full, updated transponder list.

Here are some fantasies that are currently advertised with this receiver:
(1) Note: Future EPG satellite support will only work if you purchase from us. It will NOT work with the European edition or any clones.
(2) Note: This receiver is programmed with software blindscan for c-band, ku-band and dbs satellite signals. Find those 4K wild feeds today!
(3) Final Note: An after-market CAM module may become available in the future to decode 4:2:2, IP to DVB and other signal formats that may become common in the future.

Sometimes fantasies can become realities, but I doubt it happens with this Tek2000 product. There are better fta receivers on the market today for less money.

ftaal
05-24-2018, 08:15 AM
What tells me teks selling old stock is Gardner c band LNB's ain't made anymore. Ain't seen one in ages. He ain't helping the fta community survive lying and cheating them.

filister
05-24-2018, 09:54 AM
For less money than tek wants for that Chinsy feedhorn you could get a genuine Chaparral ortho from Vincor dot com.
Those Chinese scalars & feedhorns just aren't that well made.
Who knows where they get the aluminum alloy for casting either - could be a low grade alloy that corrodes to white powder in the first rains. Ever seen the rampant corrosion inside an old Toyota intake manifold? Like that.....