– USB2.0 HighSpeed (480Mbit)
– SD card
Tuner:
– DVB/S2x tuner
Video/audio decoder:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
– OpenGLES 2.0
– H.265/HEVC, VC-1, AVS+, H.264/AVC,MVC,Real,MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8/9,and so on
– AAC-LC,HE AAC V1/V2,APE,FLAC,Ogg,AMR-NB/WB,G.711, AC3, Dolby Digital , FLAC, DTS

Support = OpenPLi, OpenATV, and other E2 groups.
Price = Around $150.00 U.S.

Will try to get more information on this receiver as it becomes available.
Look for more new enigma2 receivers with blindscan to be released this year.

Megatron817
02-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Specs look similar to the Mutant/AX HD60.

chewie
02-16-2019, 09:16 PM
Zgemma H9.2S ONLY £89! 4K UHD TWIN SATELLITE DVB-S2X Receiver AT WORLD OF SATELLITES, very tempting.

el bandido
02-16-2019, 10:12 PM
LOL
Try it and see. Let us Know!

Megatron817
02-16-2019, 10:49 PM
Got a Mutant HD60 yesterday. Nice picture qualty but it needs some driver updates. No usb tuner, uses a different blindscan plugin and the blindscan only works with universl lnb and did not find anything on the low band 10700-11700. does not find very much on the upper band 11700-12750. highest transponder i found was 11949.
Does not have universal remote. tuner symbolrate 0-45000.

chewie
02-17-2019, 02:41 PM
LOL
Try it and see. Let us Know!

No, The single tuner version of this receiver does not have good reviews, not sure if it can really blind scan, I ask in some forums, will see what they respond, There was some talk about the Mutant HD60 how good it maybe be, but as Megatron817 stated it has some problems.
I am very happy with My OS Mio and my Vu+ zero.

Megatron817
03-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Got The Blindscan on the Mutant hd60 working with both Ku universal and standard lnb.
The problem was the plugin's frequencies start and stop is off and the lnb goes out of range so the scan gets trashed or not work at all.
Now that I have it working I still need to figure out the correct start-stop frequecies to use. That will take more testing.

chewie
03-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Very good Megatron, I did purchased the Zgemma H9.2S and is a very fast receiver, very nice picture and sound, but the blind scan is not that good, I have a universal lnb and it scans some sats but misses a lot of the transponders and it does not scans all sats, the C-BAND is messed up, You can set the satellite for c-band but the blind scan screen has the wrong frequencies, it has the frequencies for the Universal lnb, so I don't know if there is going to be any corrections, I ask all over the forums and there is no response, it came with the Open ATV image and every time I press on blind scan it crashes and the same for the PurE2 image, the VIX and the Open PLI image do the scanning but as I mention is not very good.
The ATSC was not working when I first got it but now with the new Kernel it works fine, I think I saw a thread from you saying the Mutant hd60 works now with the new Kernel, I check the Zgemma Kernel and it has the same Kernel as you receiver.
The Changes that you did, is it hard to do? I want to learn this, maybe I can make some changes, let me know what you use, If you have to get a compiler, let me know which one you use.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-24-2019, 09:20 PM
Posting the crash logs may help fix the problem or may help find the problem. Everything is a mystery without the crash logs.

chewie
03-24-2019, 10:13 PM
Hello EB
Here is one I saved for the PurE2 image, well for some reason I can not upload it says invalid file.
I will try again.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-24-2019, 10:24 PM
Zip the file first. Thanks.

Megatron817
03-25-2019, 05:18 AM
Chewie, I just used the remote to change the start numbers and stop numbers. 11750-12150 seemed to scan 11700-12200.Even doing that it did not do an accurate job. I tried to change the blindscan plugin with the plugin from the Edision and the Zero4k but that did not work for some reason the plugin stays the same.

chewie
03-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Thanks Megatron, I try to change the frequencies for c-band but it does not let me change any thing, o well.
Here is a crash log for the openATV image.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Can you post a log file that has a crash where the receiver reset or rebooted in it?

Megatron817
03-25-2019, 04:05 PM
Well I got the mutant hd60 blindscan of 103w ku doing good.Needs to be done in two blindscans,
11750 start frequency, 12150 stop frequency and another with 12020 start and 12150 stop.
That second one works pretty good but the first one usually not alot found.
Between the two scans 40 something channels found.
Changed back to Openpli today but the ATSC still not working with it.
Was looking at the blindscan plugin and it looks the same as Edision but it sure operates completely different.
Is That controlled by the manufacturer? Would sure like to change it to be like the Edision and zero 4k.

el bandido
03-25-2019, 05:17 PM
For the Mutant hd60, try this:
Remove or Delete the blindscan pluging folder located in SystemPlugins, then reboot the box. See if blindscan still works.

Megatron817
03-25-2019, 06:40 PM
Nope, does not work when removed.

I am using openpli and I can put the openpli blindscan folder from the Edision and it looks and works different than on the Edision.

This is what it shows.

Tuner
satellite
scan start frequency
scan stop frequency
Accuracy (higher is better) 1-5
Horizontal yes or no
Vertical yes or no
Search type Channels or save to xml file
Network search yes or no
Clear before scan yes or no That does not work
only free scan yes or no

You can't choose to scan tranponders separate. Scans every transponder found like the old blindscan use to do.

chewie
03-25-2019, 06:51 PM
Can you post a log file that has a crash where the receiver reset or rebooted in it?

Hello EB
there is only one log under home>root>logs and that is the one I posted.
Do you know where else I can look?
Let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-25-2019, 07:20 PM
Delete that log from the receiver, then have the receiver crash while blinscanning. Doing that should make a new log. We are trying to find the location or source of the blindscan plugin. That is the whole idea.

Megatron817
03-25-2019, 07:34 PM
I just put the Satdreamgr blindscan folder in and blindscan still works the same. I guess it needs the folder but it must be using another plugin somewhere else.

chewie
03-25-2019, 08:24 PM
Delete that log from the receiver, then have the receiver crash while blinscanning. Doing that should make a new log. We are trying to find the location or source of the blindscan plugin. That is the whole idea.

Here is this log, the receiver crashes when I select blind scan, if I select manual scan it does not crash, but it does not scan anything it just sits there on scanning, this is on the OpenATV image.
I am going to install the PurE2 image and see if it give us more information.
Regards.

Chewie

el bandido
03-25-2019, 08:51 PM
There is no crash in that file either.

chewie
03-25-2019, 09:16 PM
here is the crash log for the PurE2 image.

el bandido
03-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Looks like it is using the blindscan plugin, DMM?
The last file shows a crash and may be useful. Please get the Entire python folder from the receiver, zip it and attach it. The path should be: /usr/lib/enigma2/python

chewie
03-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Here is this folder, can the DMM PLUGIN be replaced by another blind scan plugin?
Thanks for the help.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-26-2019, 10:53 PM
Does the python folder belong to the exact same image as the last crash file? It does not look like they are the same.
Please let me know if they are from the same image, Pure2.

Pure2 Enigma2 crash log

crashdate=Tue Mar 26 03:47:23 2019
compiledate=Mar 25 2019
skin=Estuary/skin.xml
sourcedate=2019-03-25
branch=master
rev=skins-ok-83-g9b953d0
component=Enigma2

chewie
03-27-2019, 01:35 PM
I got these files at the same time from the same image, here they are.

el bandido
03-27-2019, 08:02 PM
Have you got any image that the blindscan works?

chewie
03-27-2019, 09:20 PM
Yes, the VIX image so far is the best, but it only scans a few satellites, openpli scans but not as good as the VIX, but the VIX team does not update that often, do you know if the blind scan plugin can be swap out and use the one on the Mio from the VIX image.

el bandido
03-27-2019, 09:52 PM
Are you setting the accuracy to 5? The accuracy is the frequency step in MHz that is skipped between scan samples. 5 is a 2MHz step, and will be the one you want.
The crashes seem to be from the screen not opening, for what reason, I do not know. We will do better first trying to get something to scan better or work better. So please post the blindscan plugin folder for PLi and let's see if we can get it working better first. If no success with it then we can try VIX. After those are done, we can try to solve the images that crash.

chewie
03-28-2019, 01:03 PM
hello EB
Here is this information.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie
03-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Yes. I set accuracy to 5.
Regards.
Chewie

Megatron817
03-28-2019, 01:49 PM
Yes. I set accuracy to 5.
Regards.
Chewie

The Mutant hd60 does better with accuracy 2,3 and 4. 5 not so good. different results on different satellites.
Here's 3 satellites I got the blindscan performing decent results but I still have to do 2 blindscans on each satellite.
91w ku
11750 start 12150 stop, accuracy 2
12040 start 12150 stop, accuracy 4

103w ku
11750 start 12150 stop, accuracy 3
11900 start 12150 stop, accuracy 3

105w ku
11750 start 12150 stop, accuracy 2
11900 start 12150 stop, accuracy 2

Megatron817
03-29-2019, 11:14 AM
Found a transponder on 91w ku I never got before with start 11900 and stop 12150 with accuracy 5.
DVB-S 11893 v 435 auto QPSK
Has 5 radio channels.

chewie
04-25-2019, 08:49 AM
Found a transponder on 91w ku I never got before with start 11900 and stop 12150 with accuracy 5.
DVB-S 11893 v 435 auto QPSK
Has 5 radio channels.

Hello Megatron817
Does your receiver blind Scans c-band, do you have a c-band dish?

Megatron817
04-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Hello Megatron817
Does your receiver blind Scans c-band, do you have a c-band dish?
No I do not have C-band dish. But I setup a c-band lnb in the menu and I don't believe c-band DMM blindscan would work. Just like you can't set the frequencies for c-band in the plugin, only has Ku-band frequencies. Seems from the updates lately Mutant/ax-hd60 and zgemma might be the same manufacturer. Just my guess. Maybe they will change or fix the blindscan in the near future.

chewie
04-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Hello Megatron
I had a tip on another forum and they ask me to set my receiver to these settings:
User Defined:
LO/L 10000
LO/H 10000
I have the threshold set to 11700
With these settings I can change the frequencies on the blind scan screen to these settings:
Start freq. - 11000 Stop Freq. 11700.
It scans C-band now and the scanning is good.
If you get a c-band dish try these settings.
Regards.
Chewie

Megatron817
04-25-2019, 04:04 PM
I changed my Standard Ku lnb settings to
LOF/L 10700
LOF/H 10700
Threshold 12200

I can set the blindscan start frequency back to normal 11700 instead of 11750.
Stop frequency normal 12200 instead of 12150.
Now the KU blindscan does a good job with just one blindscan and Accuracy 2 but the only thing found transponders are 50 Mhz off.

MikeB
04-25-2019, 04:51 PM
Nevermind.

el bandido
04-25-2019, 09:00 PM
There are two different blindscan plugins. These plugins are located in the blindscan folder under SystemPlugins.
Most enigma2 receivers that support blindscan use the regular plugin, but Zgemma is using the Dream Multi Media or dmmblindscan plugin.
The dmmblindscan plugin has provisions for universal ku lnb. No other lnbs are supported, but you can get this plugin to blindscan other bands and display the wrong transponder frequencies.

The regular blindscan plugin was like this several years ago. Huevos wrote the code needed that allowed c band to blindscan and display the correct transponder frequencies. Recently, Huevos added some user Defined lnb types along with Ka bands to the regular blindscan plugin,

Someone will have to add code similar to what Huevos added in the regular blindscan plugin to the dmmblindscan plugin. The Zgemma will not blindscan other bands besides universal ku until this is done.

Megatron817
04-26-2019, 05:58 AM
Chewie, try these settings for Ku-band. I'm getting good results with these.
For universal LNB use universal LNB setting in tuner configuration
For Standard LNB use Cicular LNB setting in tuner configuration
11755 start, 12200 stop, accuracy 4
Found Transponer frequencies are correct.

chewie
04-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Chewie, try these settings for Ku-band. I'm getting good results with these.
For universal LNB use universal LNB setting in tuner configuration
For Standard LNB use Cicular LNB setting in tuner configuration
11755 start, 12200 stop, accuracy 4
Found Transponer frequencies are correct.

Thanks Megatron, I try these settings and my box did not like them, it scans but not many channels. Oh well I just wondering if the coders will work on the blind scan for these boxes only time will tell.
Regards.
Chewie

Megatron817
04-27-2019, 03:55 PM
Is the Blindscan finding The transponders? On the Mutant Hd60 I have to press the green button after starting the blindscan for manual channel search. Then press green again to start channel search after transponder searching is finished.Automatic channel search doesn't find many channels.

chewie
04-29-2019, 07:44 PM
Hello Megatron I have noticed the Manual scan picks up more TP's then the Automatic scan, the settings you suggested picks a few more TP'S on some satellites but not that many, I am using USALS for my motorized ku dish and is not working very good, when I scan 103w ku, it plays all the channels it pick up, then I move the dish to 97w and scan some channels and it plays the channels, the problem I am seen is when I try to move back to 103w and click on one of the channels some times the dish does not move at all and when eventually I can move it to 103w it does not play the channels any more, it looks like is not keeping the channels information and maybe that is why the dish does not move to 103w.

rayydio
05-27-2019, 10:24 AM
Hi Chewie,

Did you ever get your H9.2S to work correctly on blindscan? I was having issues with my Stab HH-90 motor similar to yours as 103W is my South Sat. However, I was also having issues with it returning to 103W when selecting another sat and then oscillating between the selected sat and either zero or 103W. Finally had to do a "reset" on the motor. I have not found an image that allows you to do that function. The only image function that I have found is moving the motor to the zero position.

However, since you have a collection of boxes, you may have one that has the reset function built-in. I had to purchase the remote pendant from Stab in order to reset my HH-90 and after doing such, it operates perfectly.

chewie
05-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Hello Ray
I don't have these issues with the Edision Mio or the VU- Zero only with the Zgmmama, just like you I haven't find ant image that corrects this problem, what I do is when If scan sat A and then go and Scan Sat B, if I want to see any channels on sat A I have to do use the GOTO function under positioner setup, after I move the dish to Sat A I have to cancel USALS so I can watch the channels is a PITA but it works, the reason I haven't trash this box is because I like the colors on it, is fast and it scans just as many channels as the Mio and Zero, it may not be as fast to scan the channels as the Mio but I am no hurry, which box are you using? what is the remote pendant from Stab ?

rayydio
05-27-2019, 12:32 PM
I'm still using the Mio and have sold the VU+. The remote pendant from Stab is a dual-purpose device. It allows one to setup the motor without using the STB...ie move the motor E or W and save positions, and an added feature it allows one to reset the memory back to factory settings. Mine was corrupted by using the goto command in various E2 images. I did not know it at the time, but using that command can corrupt the memory in the motor. They have two versions the P1 and P2. Only problem is no one here in the US stocks them and you have to order from overseas dealers. They are also not cheap. Another way of resetting is to use a USB satellite receiver. By using one of these boxes and a special program, you can send the reset string to your motor. Those are not really cheap that I have found as well.

I found all this out from Brian as his company used to be the NA repair depot for Stab back in the day -

chewie
05-27-2019, 08:30 PM
I'm still using the Mio and have sold the VU+. The remote pendant from Stab is a dual-purpose device. It allows one to setup the motor without using the STB...ie move the motor E or W and save positions, and an added feature it allows one to reset the memory back to factory settings. Mine was corrupted by using the goto command in various E2 images. I did not know it at the time, but using that command can corrupt the memory in the motor. They have two versions the P1 and P2. Only problem is no one here in the US stocks them and you have to order from overseas dealers. They are also not cheap. Another way of resetting is to use a USB satellite receiver. By using one of these boxes and a special program, you can send the reset string to your motor. Those are not really cheap that I have found as well.

I found all this out from Brian as his company used to be the NA repair depot for Stab back in the day -

Hello Ray
Do you have the link that you used to purchase the remote pendant from Stab, I try to find it but did not come up with any thing, let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

rayydio
05-28-2019, 12:15 AM
Here you go Chewie -

el bandido
05-28-2019, 05:29 AM
Mine was corrupted by using the goto command in various E2 images. I did not know it at the time, but using that command can corrupt the memory in the motor.

I have used Stab motors for years with enigma2 images and not had any problems. I have not seen any complaints on European forums about enigma2 corrupting Stab or any other brand of Ku motor.

rayydio
05-28-2019, 09:32 AM
I have used Stab motors for years with enigma2 images and not had any problems. I have not seen any complaints on European forums about enigma2 corrupting Stab or any other brand of Ku motor.

Well I don't know what to say EB, but after consulting with Brian who's company back in the day was the NA Service Center for Stab - told me that it was possible for the GOTO command to corrupt the memory. After resetting mine it started to work perfectly. I only used the GOTO command with my E2 box so....

chewie
05-28-2019, 10:01 AM
Here you go Chewie -

Hello Ray
Thanks for the information, It says it only stores 4 sat positions, is this means you can only send the dish to 4 satellites positions?
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

rayydio
05-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Hey Chewie,

The only reason I purchased it was to reset the motor not to teach motor positions. So other than that I really can't comment.

chewie
05-28-2019, 09:00 PM
Thanks Ray, well I know where to get one if I need it.
Regards.
Chewie