PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Zero 4K Receiver.

Pages : [1] 2

chewie
02-28-2018, 09:04 PM
Hello Guys
I had this Receiver for about a week now and still working very good with a few issues.
As you can see is a very limited Receiver, but, if you have an external USB HD, A USB HUB, A ATSC EXTERNAL TUNER LIKE THE HAUPPAUGE 955Q, than is not so limited anymore, with all these extras components connected the receiver does not get very hot

PROS - Fast switching channels.
Very nice remote
Very nice picture, the UHD channels look very nice and so the other none-UHD channels.
It is very small so you can put it anywhere.
Multiboot works very well and it does not get stuck on booting.
It records and plays recordings back with no issues.
I connected a USB WIFI adapter, it was recognize by the receiver right away, but I haven't try to connect to the network using WIFI.
I have the receiver connected to the ASC1 Satellite Dish DiSEqC Positioner and it moves my 10 foot dish with no problems same speed as my other receivers.
This receiver suppose to scan and be able to detect the 16APSK AND 32APSK feeds.
Not to expensive, I pay 182.00 dollars delivered to my house via DHL.
It had no problems detecting all the components I mentioned above and the ASTC tuner scans very well.

CONS - This receiver has the Blind Scan option and it scans but not very good, I hope VU can fix this issue, but it has blind scan.
The SNR signal reads high I don't how true it is.

The VU + Zero 4K is an affordable entry-level receiver into the ultra-high resolution (4K) TV world. The VU + Zero 4K offers a S2X tuner for the first time and is therefore prepared for the future.
TWO YEAR HARDWARE WARRANTY!
ENIGMA 2 SUPPORT FROM OPENVIX, OPENATV, OPENPLI + MORE!
VU + Zero 4K 1x DVB-S2X Multistream tuner Linux UHD set-top box
Digital satellite receiver for UHD and HD TV and radio programs.
The heart of the VU + Zero 4K is the 2x 1.500 MHz ARM DualCore processor. Experience UltraHighDefinition (UHD) TV with the VU + Zero 4K set-top box.
Key Features:
Very fast switching times
WebKit Browser
HbbTV
HDMI 2.0 output
1x tuner DVB-S2X
1x USB 2.0
ARM CPU (2x 1,500 MHz)
eMMC flash memory
HVEC / H.265 video decoding
External 12V power supply
Technical Highlights:
1,500 MHz ARM DualCore processor
4096 MB Flash (eMMC)
2048 MB of DDR3 DRAM
LAN (10/100 MBit / s)
1x DVB Common-Interface slot
1x smartcard reader (Xcrypt)
1x USB 2.0 (back)
S / PDIF audio output optical (digital)
1x HDMI 2.0 video / audio output (digital)
unlimited channel list for TV and radio
EPG (Electronic Program Guide) support
Support of bouquet lists (favorites lists)
OSD in many languages
UI appearance versatile (skin support)
Expandable with many free plugins (apps)
automatic / manual channel search
DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2, USALS
SCR / CSS (EN50494 & EN50607)
External 12 volt power supply
power switch
RS232 - service interface
Free apps available for iOS and Android
Video decoding:

Video compression HVEC / H.265, MPEG-2 / H.264 and MPEG-1 compatible
Video standard PAL G / 25 Hz, NTSC
Picture format 4: 3/16: 9
Letterbox for 4: 3 TV sets

Output Digital:

Sampling frequencies 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
S / PDIF output optical (AC3)
Audio encoding:
Audio compression MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 Layer I and II, MP3
Audio Mode Dual (main / sub), stereo
Sampling frequencies 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz

power consumption:
<10W (in operation, with LNB)
<9 W (in operation, without LNB)
<0.5W (deep standby mode)

External power supply:
Input: 110 - 240V AC / 50 - 60Hz / 0.7A
Output: 12V = / 2.0A
Delivery:
1x VU + Zero 4K DVB-S2X 1x DVB-S2X Multistream Tuner UHD Receiver
1x remote control
1x Quick manual (German / English / Spanish / Dutch / French / Italian)
1x external IR receiver
1x HDMI cable
2x batteries (AAA)
1x power supply (110-240V / 12V)

chewie
02-28-2018, 09:14 PM
One more pic.

el bandido
02-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Good Deal!
who did you buy it from if I may ask?

Can you be a bit more specific about the blindscan and what it misses?

eastof111
02-28-2018, 09:56 PM
Nice review chewie. Is the blindscan better than your Duo2? Does it tune in the Heros and decades channel on 101 without any problems?

el bandido
02-28-2018, 10:03 PM
Vu+ is stepping up DVB-S2x support on several models. Here are some of their file changes posted today at the BlackHole forum:

[DH] lib/dvb/db.cpp
[DH] lib/dvb/dvb.cpp
[DH] lib/dvb/dvb.h
[DH] lib/dvb/frontend.cpp
[DH] lib/dvb/frontend.h
[DH] lib/dvb/frontendparms.h
[DH] lib/dvb/scan.cpp
[DH] lib/python/Components/NimManager.py
[DH] lib/python/Components/ServiceScan.py
[DH] lib/python/Components/TuneTest.py
[DH] lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py
[DH] lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/DiseqcTester/plugin.py
[DH] lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/PositionerSetup/plugin.py
[DH] lib/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Satfinder/plugin.py
[DH] lib/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py
[DH] lib/python/Screens/ServiceInfo.py
[DH] lib/python/Tools/Transponder.py

Changes were made to the blindscan plugin that were posted today for the Zero 4K;

for line in lines:
data = line.split()
print "cnt :", len(data), ", data :", data
- if len(data) >= 10:
- if data[0] == 'OK':
- parm = eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite()
- sys = { "DVB-S" : eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.System_DVB_S,
- "DVB-S2" : eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.System_DVB_S2,
- "DVB-S2X" : eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.System_DVB_S2X}
- qam = { "QPSK" : parm.Modulation_QPSK,
- "8PSK" : parm.Modulation_8PSK}
- inv = { "INVERSION_OFF" : parm.Inversion_Off,
- "INVERSION_ON" : parm.Inversion_On,
- "INVERSION_AUTO" : parm.Inversion_Unknown}
- fec = { "FEC_AUTO" : parm.FEC_Auto,
- "FEC_1_2" : parm.FEC_1_2,

Now DVB-S2x transponders should be logged correctly in blindscan.

chewie
02-28-2018, 10:55 PM
Thanks EB, well regarding the blind scan only picks up half of the channels compare to the the Manual scan, and is different for each satellite some satellites it picks up more.
I order this receiver from World of Satellites, Sat Shop Finland was not interested on shipping out here.
There is another place in Spain call Orbita Digital, they ship to the states, the pricing was about the same.
The Black Hole Image has a Blind Scan Plugin under the Plugin section and not under the Tuner Config. I try to Blind scan and it doid it in 4 sections but did not pick any c-band it did not start the scan, so I told them about it so maybe they made I change to it I will try them again and see and let you know.
Regards.
Chewie

@eastof111 - regarding your question, it does pick up Heros and decades channels

el bandido
02-28-2018, 11:18 PM
Please check the acm music choice channels at 125 West c band. Would like to know if those will play.

BlackHole does not support c band blindscan and I doubt they ever will.

OpenBlackHole supports c band blindscan.

SatDreamGr now has image for the Zero 4K, so you may want to try it.

Sounds like this little entry level receiver is much better than the Octagon Sf4008? I may get one myself. We will see...

MCelliotG
03-01-2018, 04:02 AM
Let's not forget though that blindscan plugin uses external binaries, the Silabs tuner is capable of hardware blindscan, but at least it's something for now. Now, should this implementation pass to other receivers as well.
No word on snr db support of course!

chewie
03-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Hello EB
I installed the SatDreamGr image, I been looking for it and I think this is their first release but the blind Scan plugin we use with this image does not work, Manual scan works good, I scan 125W and it does play all the Music Choice feeds, I didn't know that was there, thanks for the tip.
According to what I have read this is the first receiver with this type of tuner, they claim they will have these type of tuners for their receivers available soon, well, lets hope they can implement a better blind scan for this receiver.
But not bad for this little entry level receiver, with what I have added is not little any more is full grown.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-01-2018, 11:54 PM
Does the OpenVix image have C and Ku blindscan? Seems like it should after looking at the plugin code.

el bandido
03-02-2018, 05:40 AM
The Zero 4K is not listed?

elif BOX_MODEL.startswith('vu'):
if BOX_NAME == "uno" or BOX_NAME == "duo2" or BOX_NAME == "solo2" or BOX_NAME == "solose" or BOX_NAME == "ultimo" or BOX_NAME == "solo4k" or BOX_NAME == "ultimo4k":

el bandido
03-02-2018, 07:20 AM
Try this one and see how it works.

chewie
03-02-2018, 08:02 AM
Thanks EB
I try to installing it as a new image in multiboot but I get this error " can not deflate image"
do I have to a new flash install?
By the way, I only try c-band scan, I am not set up to do Ku-band, I insalled a DICEqC switch on my setup and using the SatDreamGr image ant it did not work, the signal does not go true the switch, maybe I got a bad switch, I will work on it this weekend.
Do you have your receivers set for KU and C- band setup for one tuner? I would like to see the settings under tuner set-up.
Let me know.
Buy the way, I have the openATV image on the flash, it seems the more stable image so far.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Permissions are probably not set correctly for it to load. It should load the same as a regular SDGr image.

Put the attached file in the systems plugin folder at: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins

Use this plugin on SDGr image or on OpenPLi image only.

Let me know if it works.

Post your settings file from etc/enigma2. Make sure you have not logged into any social media OR logged into any internet site that needs a password while using the receiver. Facebook and other passwords may be stored in the settings file.

chewie
03-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Hello EB
I put the file in the systemplugins and still not working, I posted at their forum maybe they will do something about it, I read that VU controls what happens to Blind Scan , I am hoping they will come true and don't take any lessons from Octagon.
Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-02-2018, 09:29 PM
What is not working about it?
Does the receiver recognize the plugin, and is it available in the menus?

Have you tried OpenVix image?

I use a diseqc switch on one tuner for both c/ku bands. Will be glad to show you how to do this if you cannot get it to work.

chewie
03-02-2018, 11:26 PM
Hello EB
The receiver recognize the plugin, and is it available in the menus, but when I try to scan this is the message that comes up.

el bandido
03-03-2018, 07:49 AM
Should be a simple fix.
Go to downloadable plugins, and install blindscan that is available under System Plugins.
Then replace the installed blindscan files with the ones I sent you.(Put the attached file in the systems plugin folder at: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins )
It should work after doing that.

chewie
03-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Hello EB
This morning I did a online up date, after that I remove the plugin you send me, I installed the blind scan plugin under the the systems plugins , and now is working, is the same as the other images it picks up about half of the transponders, Hopefully VU can fix this soon, but everything else works good so far it has sound with the 2160p resolution and it does not get stuck on booting.
Thanks for your help.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-03-2018, 07:02 PM
About half of the transponders does not mean much.
What exactly is the blindscan missing? Please give a detailed example.

chewie
03-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Ok, lets say, if I do Manual scan on 117w it picks up about 90 channels, if I do a Blind scan on the same sat it only picks up about 60, the manual scan is picking up more channels than the Blind scan in any satellite.

el bandido
03-03-2018, 07:41 PM
When you do a blindscan, a copy or log of found transponders is stored in temporary folder or /tmp. Can you zip and post these blindscan logs? They should be in .xml format, the same as a satellites.xml file.

chewie
03-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Hello EB
Here are 2 sats 97W and 103W, The 103 was not much there probably during the day it would pick up more, this is using openATV image.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Very Good Information!
97W does not look too bad. 103....What the heck happened??

Can you make a blindscan of 116.8W and post the transponders that it finds, plus the amount of found Services? Let's see what it misses.

Also, can you look at an active transponder in satfinder and see if the signal disappears when you change from DVB-S2 to DVB-S? Would be great to know if it is set to autodetect.

Thanks.

chewie
03-03-2018, 09:35 PM
I forgot to mention, it is cloudy and drizzling out there, I will do some more blind scanning on a clear day.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie
03-03-2018, 09:40 PM
hell0 EB
I try the change from DVB-S2 to DVB-S and the signal does not disappear.

el bandido
03-03-2018, 10:03 PM
So it is set to AutoDetect, which is good! The Octagon SX88 can most likely blindscan for that receiver.

As a test, Try installing the attached .satellites.xml. Install to: /etc/enigma2

Reboot and try scanning 116.8 using a Manual Scan. See how many channels it gets.

el bandido
03-03-2018, 10:40 PM
This file will add time stamps to the Service Scan, so you know how long the scan takes. You may install by putting the attached file in the receiver's temporary folder or /tmp

In telnet:
tar -xzvf /tmp/archive.tar.gz -C /
Reboot.

File =
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!LptEyapS!gF3L802eghcjqM0BKO-wMvsAc3jkMJxYzPvPQNfdL4Y

chewie
03-03-2018, 10:42 PM
there is no satellites file under /etc/enigma2.

el bandido
03-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Correct.
Put it there and the receiver will use it instead of the one located at ect/tuxbox. Customized satellites.xml files should be put in etc/enigma2. This is done so the file will not be overwritten during a firmware update OR so it can be removed if it gives problems. All of my satellite.xml files are stored in etc/enigma2

chewie
03-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Hello EB
I installed your satellite list under the etc/enigma2 and it did not make much difference.
Today I worked on the cabling on my setup, I have an ortho set up 2 ku and 2 c-band lnb's going into a 4x8 multiswitch , I remove some switches that I had between the output of the multiswitch and the receivers, now this little thing rips on blind scan it pick up 104 fta channels on 117w, I scanned a few satellites and is all good now it blind scans pretty good, now I have to work on the Ku-band and start to chase the 16 and 32 APSK channels.
I got to try the VIX and the SatDream images and see if they pick up more channels.
Thanks for all your help.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-05-2018, 05:31 AM
Very Good!

About how long did it take to blindscan 117W?

chewie
03-05-2018, 10:03 AM
It took about 8:40 min with ATV image,all 104 channels everything else is about half of this time depending how many channels, but it blinds scans and I am happy.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Was this a Free channel scan or an ALL ( Free + Encrypted) channel scan of 117w?

Your start symbol rate should be set to 1 as seen in the screencap.

chewie
03-05-2018, 06:56 PM
The channels were free channels, My VU DUO2 only scan 58 free channels and to took about 7 minutes.

el bandido
03-05-2018, 07:59 PM
The Duo2 should scan about the same amount of channels - or at least mine does.

Here are screencaps of the OSMini blindscanning 117W, one free channels, and the other ALL channels or services.

Those scans have the start of the Service Scan stamped at the top. This tells me how long it took to scan the transponders without having to sit and watch it.
My blindscan plugin has been modified. A selection has been added to ignore the transponders that are connected to your channels for a particular satellite. I see no need to rescan transponders that already have channels, and this feature cuts the Total blindscan time in half or more for most satellites here is what the customized menu looks like:

I also added a feature to only scan the transponders that have channels or scan only lamedb transponders in the Manual Scan or Service Scan. I did this to clean up dead channels from 16apsk and other feeds or channels that have gone dark. This feature works well for my uses.

It would be interesting to know if transponders 3954,3957, and 3961 are found during a blindscan of 101 West. The stock blindscan plugin used to be set where it would miss one of those transponders, but I modified the blindscan plugin so the OS Mini finds all three of those transponders at 101 West.

Would also be interesting to know if 16 apsk works on the Zero 4K. I bet it does.

el bandido
03-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Here are the results of an OSMini blindscan of free services at 101W:

chewie
03-06-2018, 09:13 PM
Hello EB
Regarding the 101W i was only able to pick 25 channels the 4K CHANNELS are not active today but they were yesterday, this time it did not pick the Decades channel anymore, o well.
I was able to set it up for KU BAND and it scans also, I scan 97W Ku and it picked around 146 channels, not sure how many is there.
If you know of any 16 apsk channels let me know so I can try to scan it.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-06-2018, 09:38 PM
My ku Blindscan, set to ALL services, and using the OS Mini found 245 services.

The blindscan plugin I sent you in post #14 has a position for APSK transponders. When this option is set, ALL transponders in a blindscan are deleted except for 16/32 APSK

You may install that plugin in an OpenPLI based image and easily search for APSK transponders It usually takes about 3 minutes for my receiver to search a satellite for transponders, and nothing will be returned except APSK transponders when the plugin is set like that.

I will also keep an eye out for these transponders too.

Also, I made a honest attempt to get one of these receivers. Let's see what happens. The enigma2 file system is easy to work with on the Zero 4K receiver, and I like that.

el bandido
03-17-2018, 10:01 AM
My Zero 4K arrived today. I think it is a nice box for what it is. I will post more about it later this weekend.

chewie
03-17-2018, 11:35 AM
Hello EB
Try the openATV image, couple of updates earlier they forgot to include the blind scan plugin, but is back on it, the VIX image is also missing the plugin but they said it will be included on the next build.
Regards.
Chewie.

MCelliotG
03-18-2018, 06:50 PM
Why the Vu+ though, percentages only are enough to drive me off.

el bandido
03-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Because it has blindscan and decent support.

el bandido
03-18-2018, 07:07 PM
Hello EB
Regarding the 101W i was only able to pick 25 channels the 4K CHANNELS are not active today but they were yesterday, this time it did not pick the Decades channel anymore, o well.
I was able to set it up for KU BAND and it scans also, I scan 97W Ku and it picked around 146 channels, not sure how many is there.
If you know of any 16 apsk channels let me know so I can try to scan it.
Regards.
Chewie

I am having problems getting ku to blindscan. What type of lnb and which image did you use to blindscan ku? What l.o. frequency is your ku lnb?

chewie
03-18-2018, 10:20 PM
Hello EB
I have an ortho mode setup, 2 norset lnb's for c-band and 2 lnb's for KU band I think they are the 4106a ku.
I am using the opneATV image, I think the the VIX does better with scanning. here are some pictures of my setup, and the channels I scan on the 97 ku sat with the ATV IMAGE.
Regards.
chewie.

el bandido
03-18-2018, 11:23 PM
10750 l.o.? Yes?
looks like the universal lnb is having problems with blindscan.

el bandido
03-19-2018, 12:56 AM
When the universal lnb is finding transponders in a blindscan, they are about 850 MHz off. Looks like the universal l.o. is stuck at 9750 in the blindscan.
(10600-9750 = 850).

Should be an easy fix, but it is unknown as to how long it will take for them to fix this problem.
C band and Ku 10750 (Circular) l.o.'s do not have this problem because there is only one l,o. frequency to deal with.

el bandido
03-19-2018, 02:46 PM
Changed to a 10750 l.o. lnb and blindscan works for me on Ku.

chewie
03-20-2018, 08:13 PM
Good, how do you like the receiver so far?

el bandido
03-20-2018, 08:55 PM
The Zero 4K is probably the best entry level receiver I have tested. There are a few new options that I have not seen such as making the box act as an Access Point or HotSpot. This feature is neat!

The Zero 4K is also logging DVB-S2X transponders as seen here:

[Blind scan] cnt : 10 , data : ['OK', 'VERTICAL', '10800214', '34001000', 'DVB-S2X', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_77_90', '16APSK', 'ROLLOFF_35']

Another from the same blindscan:

[Blind scan] cnt : 14 , data : ['OK', 'HORIZONTAL', '11091587', '34001000', 'DVB-S2X', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_13_18', '8PSK', 'ROLLOFF_35', '3', '1', '2', '3']

These transponders cause the receiver to crash when they were first found, but I have about got a work-around figured out in the blindscan plugin. Now, these two transponders do not crash my receiver anymore when they are found. These "supposed" DVB-S2X transponders are at 87 West and are some type of data. The FEC is not valid, so I do not know if the receiver is being fooled or if they are actually some type of DVB-S2X. Will keep scanning and hope to find more.

DVB-S2X is new for enigma2, so provisions will need to be made for it. You can expect this to take some time. The Open BlackHole image did not choke on this satellite when it was scanned, so I need to see why. Anyway, it is encouraging to see the Zero 4K logging DVB-S2X, even if it is 16 APSK data transponders.

el bandido
03-20-2018, 09:01 PM
The three issues I have with the Zero 4K are:
(1) Diseqc switch does not work on ku band.
(2) Universal lnb does not work in blindscan.
(3) Signal meter does not read in db. Signal meter is almost useless.

el bandido
03-20-2018, 09:10 PM
The root file system or rootfs can be unpacked and repacked OR extracted and compressed in receivers such as the Octagon SF4008 and the Zero 4K. I already had a custom image made for the Zero 4K before the box it was shipped in arrived. This is easy to do, and I will try to explain it as time permits.

14792 14793

chewie
03-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the info EB, I haven't scan 87 w yet, I give a try and see what happens, I installed the openSPA image in multiboot and it has blind scan also, I check the openpli and it does not have blind scan yet. I really like this receiver.
Keep scanning.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-20-2018, 09:23 PM
OpenPLi has blindscan. Look in downloadable plugins under System Plugins. OpenPLi does not pre-install many options or features. You are supposed to put what you want or need in their images.

chewie
03-20-2018, 09:41 PM
I installed the blind Scan Plug in and it did not work, one question, you say the Diseqc switch does not work on ku band. are you talking a external Diseqc switch ?

el bandido
03-20-2018, 09:52 PM
Yes. External diseqc switch does not work for me on ku band. (The exact same coax and switch works fine when connected to the Edision OS Mini.)

chewie
03-20-2018, 10:15 PM
Wow that is odd, mine works fine I have a 4x1 switch.

el bandido
03-20-2018, 10:38 PM
Mine is a Chieta 4 position diseqc switch. I will worry about that a bit later. Will try different switches...etc.

Open BlackHole crashed on DVB-S2X transponder, so it is everyone with this issue, Reported at BlackHole forum.

< 595.913> [Blindscan][blindscanContainerClose] cnt: 14 , data: ['OK', 'HORIZONTAL', '11099189', '34001000', 'DVB-S2X', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_13_18', '8PSK', 'ROLLOFF_35', '3', '1', '2', '3']
< 595.913> Traceback (most recent call last):
< 595.913> File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 900, in blindscanContainerClose
< 595.914> KeyError: 'DVB-S2X'
< 595.914> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Blindscan.blindscanContainerClose of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.Blindscan.plugin.Blindscan'>>,(0,)) failed)
< 599.587> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
Killed
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
03-21-2018, 09:00 AM
You might try blindscanning 111.1W C band. There seems to be a 16APSK transponder that is active on that satellite.

14794 14795

el bandido
03-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Another 16 APSK found in blindscan. (89W C band)

el bandido
03-21-2018, 10:23 AM
I will upload the image I am using to blindscan once I figure out what is needed. A work-around solved the DVB-S2X crash, but that means you need to start a telnet session to watch for DVB-S2X transponders in a blindscan. I set DVB-S2X to log on the receiver as DVB-S. There are not many DVB-S2X transponders, but I would like to know when one is found.

chewie
03-21-2018, 11:48 AM
Thanks EB
I will scan these sats when I get off from work, hopefully they still there, which image are you using?

el bandido
03-21-2018, 12:02 PM
SatDreamGr Experimental.
Install image and online update OR Telnet opkg update && opkg upgrade.
Stock Blindscan plugin is in downloadable plugins under system plugins.

el bandido
03-21-2018, 11:45 PM
Blindscan videos of 97 C and 97 Ku are in the links.

97C
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!KwFjQKQZ!RkOnPX0yi6EXg20em9zeslaoyLU_esxO3XKhLI1 aQbM

97Ku
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!TxVFiaYR!EyW-_76cMVL0Ixx4u-nWyYdy6MjG4wm_-MdXp_ULW-g

ViP3R
03-22-2018, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a nice box guy's! New section created for the VU+ Zero 4K and thread moved here.

el bandido
03-23-2018, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the info EB, I haven't scan 87 w yet, I give a try and see what happens, I installed the openSPA image in multiboot and it has blind scan also, I check the openpli and it does not have blind scan yet. I really like this receiver.
Keep scanning.
Regards.
Chewie

Try this one:
Link Removed
I put the plugin I use for blindscan in the image and tested it before uploading it. Should not give any problems. Let me know if it does.

chewie
03-24-2018, 06:02 PM
Thanks EB it works good.
Regards.
Chewie.

el bandido
03-24-2018, 10:58 PM
There is a lot to be added for DVB-S2X. Look in the link.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] f5178016caf7c80776d55b

el bandido
03-24-2018, 11:14 PM
Here is the DVB-S2X FEC list:

+ "FEC_13_45" : parm.FEC_13_45, "FEC_9_20" : parm.FEC_9_20, "FEC_11_20" : parm.FEC_11_20, "FEC_23_36" : parm.FEC_23_36, "FEC_25_36" : parm.FEC_25_36,
+ "FEC_13_18" : parm.FEC_13_18, "FEC_26_45" : parm.FEC_26_45, "FEC_28_45" : parm.FEC_28_45, "FEC_7_9" : parm.FEC_7_9, "FEC_77_90" : parm.FEC_77_90,
+ "FEC_32_45" : parm.FEC_32_45, "FEC_11_15" : parm.FEC_11_15, "FEC_1_2_L" : parm.FEC_1_2_L, "FEC_8_15_L" : parm.FEC_8_15_L, "FEC_3_5_L" : parm.FEC_3_5_L,
+ "FEC_2_3_L" : parm.FEC_2_3_L, "FEC_5_9_L" : parm.FEC_5_9_L, "FEC_26_45_L" : parm.FEC_26_45_L}

The blindscan plugin will need to look like this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ee7b258b59cf80dc6faf0e

el bandido
03-25-2018, 11:39 AM
The Zero 4K seems to support 4 usb tuners and one internal tuner for a total of 5 tuners. I have no problem using the internal tuner plus 2 usb tuners for a total of 3 tuners. But the box crashes when usb tuner 3 is added. Seems tuner slot 3 is being skipped.
Debug shows tuners numbered 0,1,2 which is correct for 3 tuners.
Debug shows 0,1,2,4 when the third usb tuner is added. This is not correct, so enigma2 crashes or stops at this error.

el bandido
03-25-2018, 02:37 PM
I ordered the optional pvr kit so I can have a hard drive installed directly to the box. Should know how well it works in a couple of weeks.

chewie
03-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Hello EB
I been looking for this Kit, can you share where you order it from.
Let me know.
Thanks.
Chewie

el bandido
03-25-2018, 08:52 PM
Probably paid too much for it, but I wanted it and they had it...

[Only registered and activated users can see links] d4c64

el bandido
03-25-2018, 09:29 PM
I modified the blindscan plugin in BlackHole so it could do c band. DVB-S2X is set up correctly in that image.

We are getting there...

chewie
03-25-2018, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the link EB I order mine also, can you share that black home image.
Let me know I would like to try it.
Thanks.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
03-25-2018, 10:41 PM
Sure.
Let me look it over a little bit and make a few adjustments to it. Would like to make it better than it is.

el bandido
03-26-2018, 05:04 PM
Install to the Blindscan folder and reboot.
Start scan is 950 and end scan is 1450.
C band only.

chewie
03-26-2018, 06:28 PM
Thanks EB, I will give a shot.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
04-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Tracking shows the PVR kit has shipped, but not really anything else. I will probably get the PVR kit late this week or early next week.

OpenPLi has released a new test image called Release Candidate 6.2 or RC 6.2. This image runs exceptionally well on my Zero 4K. I do not have switching issues with this image, and I only need the universal blindscan to be fixed by VU+.

I have done a bit more to the blindscan plugin. DVB-S FEC was set to auto because some boxes require that setting. I removed the DVB-S FEC auto setting, and set ALL of the DVB-S2X transponders to log as FEC Auto. This is a work-around, but it will have to do until DVB-S2X can be added properly in enigma2 images. DVB-S2X blindscan is working at least, so this will have to work for now.

el bandido
04-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Blindscan is finding transponders below 1000 symbol rate. I have set the blindscan plugin to go down to a symbol rate of about 500. I can set the symbol rate to go down to 100 or 200, but the setting is useless if the tuner cannot scan or tune it. Just have to keep testing it to see what it can do.

el bandido
04-04-2018, 08:25 AM
A blindscan of 89W ku caused the receiver to crash. The debug log shows a transponder being logged with a FEC of 1/4. The receiver crashed because this FEC doe not exist in the FEC tables, so the receiver did not know what to do.

[Blind scan] cnt : 8 , data : ['OK', 'HORIZONTAL', '11596212', '0', 'DVB-S2', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'ROLLOFF_35']
[Blind scan] cnt : 10 , data : ['OK', 'HORIZONTAL', '11605584', '3346000', 'DVB-S2', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_4_5', 'QPSK', 'ROLLOFF_35']
[Blind scan] cnt : 10 , data : ['OK', 'HORIZONTAL', '11978942', '11912000', 'DVB-S2', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_1_4', 'QPSK', 'ROLLOFF_35']
[Blind scan] cnt : 10 , data : ['OK', 'HORIZONTAL', '11990411', '6338000', 'DVB-S', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_1_2', 'QPSK', 'ROLLOFF_35']
[Blind scan] cnt : 10 , data : ['OK', 'HORIZONTAL', '12022196', '16711000', 'DVB-S2', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_5_6', '8PSK', 'ROLLOFF_35']
[Blind scan] cnt : 10 , data : ['OK', 'HORIZONTAL', '12044937', '2785000', 'DVB-S', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_3_4', 'QPSK', 'ROLLOFF_35']
[Blind scan] cnt : 0 , data : []
[Blind scan] data : [2710][1][11919883][26661000][0][2][0][3][1][1]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][1][11984894][5000000][0][2][0][1][1][1]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][1][12079856][30000000][1][2][0][7][1][1]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][1][12130843][10370000][0][2][0][3][1][1]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][1][12150832][15000000][0][2][0][5][1][1]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][0][11755584][3346000][1][2][0][8][1][1]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][0][12128942][11912000][1][2][0][1][1][1]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][0][12140411][6338000][0][2][0][1][1][1]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][0][12172196][16711000][1][2][0][4][2][2]
[Blind scan] data : [2710][0][12194937][2785000][0][2][0][3][1][1]

I set the FEC 1/4 to return FEC 1/2 so the receiver will not crash. Do not quite understand what is happening here. I have done a lot of blindscanning with the Zero 4K, and 89W Ku is the only location that has the FEC 1/4. And only that one transponder.

el bandido
04-04-2018, 08:42 AM
The Zero 4K has a very sensitive blindscan, and can even log the FEEDS transponder at 87W ku. Very few receivers are capable of finding this transponder in a blindscan. Scan logs attached.

14835 14836

MCelliotG
04-04-2018, 02:01 PM
That's the power of the Silabs tuner when the driver allows it. If only Vu supported snr in db... I hate percentages from the core of my soul!

el bandido
04-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Maybe Vu will fix the signal meter. But I need universal lnb blindscan fixed more than anything else.

MCelliotG
04-04-2018, 05:46 PM
They will NEVER fix it. Don't hope for it, don't expect it! It's their messed up philosophy and they even stuck to the ancient DVBAPI v3 exactly not to ever support dbs. Too bad...
But there's still hope for HD51, I'm speaking with the vendor...

el bandido
04-04-2018, 06:24 PM
Might ask the vendor where the HD51 blindscan is? I mean since you are having a conversation with them anyways. Would be great to see that feature added.

MCelliotG
04-04-2018, 06:25 PM
I already did that...

el bandido
04-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Your item cleared United States Customs at 1:47 pm on April 5, 2018.

Would expect to have the PVR adapter by Monday. No enigma2 box is complete without internal hard drive.

chewie
04-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Got my PVR KIT yesterday, installed the HDD, initialized the HDD and the receiver recognized the HDD right away, it records good and plays back with no problems, during restart it takes a little longer.
The only problem I found is multiboot it does not work , maybe I not set up correct, no big deal, I have the OpenPLI 6.2 image on the flash build 4/2/2018, something happened to the latest image, when try to blindscan I get a green screen and reboots.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
04-07-2018, 11:12 PM
Good work on the pvr!
Can you post the crash log for the green screen? Look in /tmp. Thanks.

el bandido
04-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Attached is a folder that has my all of my recent blindscan files in it. These files are generated every time a satellite is scanned. The stock blindscan plugin stores these files in /tmp, which is emptied when a reboot or hard boot of the receiver is done. My modified blindscan plugin stores these files in the "etc/scce" folder which is attached. This folder is not emptied during a reboot. I also took all of the satellites that I blindscanned and combined them into a satellites.xml file which I use in my receiver. It is nice to have a good list of transponders for each satellite, and this is what you get when you blindscan the satellites, then make a file out of the results. The satellites.xml that I made is also in the attached folder.

chewie
04-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Hello EB
I installed the OpenATV back in the flash, and initialized the HHD, I don't think these files are still there, I also installed the openmultiboot in the HDD and is working just fine, installed the OpenPLI AND VIX image on multiboot and they are all blindscaning with no problems.
Hope you get the PR KIT SOON.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
04-08-2018, 11:40 PM
Tracking shows I should get my pvr kit today.

I alter the blindscan plugin and do other things to the images by decompressing or extracting the root files system, then compressing it back after I make my changes. A thread on how to do that is here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Several vendors will ship fta products to North America. FTA dealers are fast becoming extinct in our part of the world, so we have added forum sections to advertise the vendors or sellers that will ship to North America for a reasonable price.

el bandido
04-18-2018, 09:07 PM
Blindscan works using universal lnb IF a 22KHz tone generator is inserted in the feed line for the lnb. The blindscan binary located in usr/bin controls the 22KHz tone switching in a blindscan. Vu+ will have to fix this because the blindscan binary is closed source. We will see...

el bandido
04-23-2018, 07:54 PM
The Zero 4K blindscan continues to work great. Most c band satellites will complete a blindscan in 4 to 5 minutes without missing any channels. 111.1W c band seems to take the longest of any to complete (usually 10-12 minutes).

There are 32 apsk tests on 111.1w tonight? I have logged a 32 and 16 apsk transponder with channels. It looks like this is a test since the same channels are duplicated on 3 transponders. Screencaps and scan log attached.

el bandido
04-24-2018, 11:42 AM
The Vu+ Zer 4K is the only fta receiver that I have that will get the three muxes on 111.1W.
I made a video showing the qpsk, 16apsk, and 32 apsk muxes on 111.1W working. My Octagon SF4008 gets a signal on the 111.1W 16 and 32 apsk transponders, but it does not return any channels in a scan. My OS Mini gets a signal on the 16 apsk transponder, but does not get a signal on the 32 apsk transponder. The OS Mini does not return any channels when scanning the 16 apsk transponder at 111.1W.

A video showing the 111.1W muxes, followed by a blindscan of 116.8 is in the link.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!jhMTgAYR!ERncAfV14IN7xXU8KBua5IRzFlxLMyKfuN2BppI-5SM

I have made adjustments to the blindscan plugin which increased the blindscan speed. There was a flag specifying a network scan which is useless for North American FTA. I removed the network scan flag which speeds up the Service scan. The Zero 4K found 51 transponders and scanned them for channels in a little over 8 minutes. This is not a record-breaking speed, but it is acceptable to me. And the blindscan time is not really that bad, considering it is a scan for low symbol rate transponders, and includes DVB-S2X. Very few fta receivers have this capability.

el bandido
04-25-2018, 08:04 PM
Here is a link to a video of 111.1W blindscan. This blindscan takes the longest amount of time for finding transponders, but the Zero 4K does manage to log both 16 and 32 APSK transponders with channels on this satellite. No other fta receiver that I own can do this.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!vtVTgCpA!7_xGmLvp-Km1lKhLyrjZT1kCG8puLiAH_SL0AN4kQDI

el bandido
04-28-2018, 07:53 PM
Seems there is a line of code that gives us problems in blindscan. The problem description is blindscan for transponders does not take very long, but the service scan for channels in the found transponders can take an unusual amount of time.
I find there is a line of code in the enigma2 blindscan that forces a network scan for the found transponders. A network scan works great in Europe where satellites are designed for it, but a network scan in North America only causes the transponder to search for something that does not exist! Here is the code that causes this:

def startScan(self, tlist, feid, networkid = 0):
self.scan_session = None
flags = self.scan_networkScan.value and eComponentScan.scanNetworkSearch or 0
The fix is easy enough:

def startScan(self, tlist, feid, networkid = 0):
self.scan_session = None
flags = 0

I guess this has been slowing the blindscan in the Vu+ Duo2 and the Edision OS Mini. I would also "guess" this is the reason that the blindscan is terribly slow on the Linkbox receivers which are closed source.

A Network Search or Network Scan is great for other parts of the world, but it should be avoided and not used in North America unless maybe you are scanning a Dishnet bird or other pay satellite service.

eastof111
04-28-2018, 11:55 PM
So, menu>setup>service searching>blindscan>network scan....

Setting it to Off/On has no effect in speed changes due to the current coding?

Will have to try a blindscan tomorrow and compare speeds.

ViP3R
04-29-2018, 07:51 AM
Seems there is a line of code that gives us problems in blindscan. The problem description is blindscan for transponders does not take very long, but the service scan for channels in the found transponders can take an unusual amount of time.
I find there is a line of code in the enigma2 blindscan that forces a network scan for the found transponders. A network scan works great in Europe where satellites are designed for it, but a network scan in North America only causes the transponder to search for something that does not exist! Here is the code that causes this:

The fix is easy enough:

I guess this has been slowing the blindscan in the Vu+ Duo2 and the Edision OS Mini. I would also "guess" this is the reason that the blindscan is terribly slow on the Linkbox receivers which are closed source.

A Network Search or Network Scan is great for other parts of the world, but it should be avoided and not used in North America unless maybe you are scanning a Dishnet bird or other pay satellite service.

Nice find EB!

el bandido
04-29-2018, 08:32 AM
So, menu>setup>service searching>blindscan>network scan....

Setting it to Off/On has no effect in speed changes due to the current coding?

Will have to try a blindscan tomorrow and compare speeds.

Please post your blindscan plugin folder. You may have a later version that has a toggle for network search.
A network search that works correctly tells the receiver about all of the transponders for a satellite when the first transponder is scanned. At least that is the way I remember it working on 129W ku. So if you tell the to look for networks or do a network search, then it may take more time to complete the service scan. There is no reason for us to do network searches in North America because our satellites are not set up for it.

eastof111
04-29-2018, 02:13 PM
97 ku

Network scan off = 2:30
Network scan on = 3:20 and it finds a few more channels

Nice find!

el bandido
04-29-2018, 03:47 PM
I do not see how a network itself scan could add channels to the 97w scan. Coincidence maybe? A discussion on network scan is in the link.

eastof111
04-29-2018, 08:06 PM
But as Rob van der Does says, "but although it may be a transponder-scan, the result is nevertheless that channels are found (even if they don't transmit at the time of the search)".

Just for curiosity, next time I do a BS on 97, I will try to compare both scans.

el bandido
04-29-2018, 10:34 PM
A blindscan video of 97W ku using the Zero 4K is in the link. (Network search is completely deleted in this modified blindscan plugin.)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!ClMGATDI!cfTFikACec-tdsf2bxHzyG1E80w6SUMu2i4_PSdx7wk

el bandido
04-29-2018, 11:17 PM
A blindscan video of 103W ku is in the link. I think there has been enough blindscan videos posted with the Zero 4K, so I probably will not make anymore unless something unusual happens. I find the overall blindscan speed of the Zero 4K to be acceptable.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!rklFFYZb!MgMIVr35x55UKeI_4hXc4QuiA4WC3gm6ZaYdf6L bhqU

MCelliotG
04-30-2018, 04:51 AM
Could you send me the plugin you modified, there has been a new driver update for HD51 and I'd like to try something out...

el bandido
04-30-2018, 10:00 AM
The plugin is attached, but it probably will not work on that box unless there is a blindscan binary in usr/bin, and the correct information for the box is added to, or is already in the plugin

MCelliotG
04-30-2018, 12:33 PM
Send me the bin as well, I will modify the code if necessary, we have nothing to lose!

el bandido
04-30-2018, 12:54 PM
The bin file is encrypted so it cannot be modified. Plus it is model specific.

MCelliotG
04-30-2018, 03:50 PM
I won't modify the bin file, I don't know how to do this anyway. I'm trying to trick the blindscan plugin into thinking it works on a vuzero4k.

el bandido
04-30-2018, 04:16 PM
Would probably be easier to trick the box into thinking it was a Zero 4K. The blindscan plugin is only the interface for the blindscan binary located in usr/bin. The blindscan plugin is pretty much useless without the binary file in usr/bin.

el bandido
05-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Attached pictures are the results of two manual scans of 116.8W c band. The first scan finished in a little less than 3 minutes. The second scan finished in about 6 and 1/2 minutes. The second scan was a network scan. I have done this same test on other satellites and can find no use for the network scan other than it taking more time to complete.

Scan without network search flag

scan with network search flag

el bandido
05-04-2018, 09:17 PM
There is a bug with the pvr addon kit. The receiver sees the addded hard drive as an usb drive. Some images such as OpenAtv and Blackhole will create a vuplus folder on the pvr hard drive when an image backup is made. This vuplus contains a zero 4k sub-folder with a force.update file in it. This causes the receiver to stick in boot when a different team's image is loaded using the receiver's back usb port. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, and the work-around for this is to move the vuplus backup file on the pvr drive into a different folder. If you get caught in a boot loop, then load a copy of the last image that you backed up on the pvr drive. This needs to be fixed somehow in the enigma2 image.

Megatron817
05-05-2018, 05:11 PM
There is a bug with the pvr addon kit. The receiver sees the addded hard drive as an usb drive. Some images such as OpenAtv and Blackhole will create a vuplus folder on the pvr hard drive when an image backup is made. This vuplus contains a zero 4k sub-folder with a force.update file in it. This causes the receiver to stick in boot when a different team's image is loaded using the receiver's back usb port. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, and the work-around for this is to move the vuplus backup file on the pvr drive into a different folder. If you get caught in a boot loop, then load a copy of the last image that you backed up on the pvr drive. This needs to be fixed somehow in the enigma2 image.

That's good to know.
Ordered one this morning with the pvr kit.

el bandido
05-05-2018, 05:28 PM
That is great! I think you will enjoy this little receiver.

termite
05-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Ordered one of these from satshop.tv on 2018-05-07. They confirmed receipt of payment, but haven't notified me of shipping, yet. Anybody have experience with this vendor?

ViP3R
05-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Ordered one of these from satshop.tv on 2018-05-07. They confirmed receipt of payment, but haven't notified me of shipping, yet. Anybody have experience with this vendor?

Welcome to legit termite. have not have any dealings with them, but a visit to the site has a banner about vacation. please see the attached screen shot..

termite
05-10-2018, 04:15 PM
Thanks, ViP3R. I missed that. Guess I'll have to twiddle my thumbs for a few more days. :)

This thread is the reason I ordered that receiver, and also the reason I registered here. Blame the folks who've posted in here for any bad consequences.

el bandido
05-13-2018, 06:58 PM
I made some more modifications to the Service Scan. Screencaps are attached.

termite
05-14-2018, 09:30 AM
Has Ion dropped the HD feeds on 103?

05-14-2018, 09:45 AM
the east feed is still there,and some SD feeds.

termite
05-15-2018, 08:54 AM
I think my Vu+ Zero 4k is on its way. The first notification of shipment was in English, then I received an email from Deutsche Post in German.

el bandido
05-15-2018, 07:57 PM
Has Ion dropped the HD feeds on 103?

Looks like more of a Home Shopping satellite than anything else.

Anyway, my Zero 4K blindscans this satellite and processes the 22 transponders it finds in about 3 minutes. (See Link)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!G81giIRJ!Iuk5hsWlyKPukJ3lqflTh5_FebGCEY3m80MPwZZ K9-g

termite
05-17-2018, 02:12 PM
Had to check the status of my order:

Status.: Export parcel center.
Next step.: The international shipment is being prepared for forwarding to the destination country

I'm not good at waiting, even though I've been to busy to watch tv lately.

termite
05-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Looks like more of a Home Shopping satellite than anything else.

Anyway, my Zero 4K blindscans this satellite and processes the 22 transponders it finds in about 3 minutes. (See Link)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!G81giIRJ!Iuk5hsWlyKPukJ3lqflTh5_FebGCEY3m80MPwZZ K9-g

Took about 25 mins to download that.

Am I seeing correctly? You were watching NBC on a USB ATSC tuner while doing DVB-S2X blindscan?

el bandido
05-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Correct. I have two usb ATSC tuners connected for a total of three tuners.

The video could be made smaller, but the quality would suffer. I like to have a decent video to watch.

termite
05-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the video -- it makes me even more anxious to get that receiver. :)

I'm looking forward to figuring out how to use it. It will be nice to have a receiver and source (even if I can't code)!

termite
05-17-2018, 02:58 PM
Ion used to have HD feeds on 103W:

Ion East HD 4039 / 30000 / H
Ion Pacifid HD4 4040 / 30000 / H

termite
05-23-2018, 11:03 AM
My Vu+ Zero 4K receiver arrived today, but I won't have time to play with it until tomorrow at the earliest. Not bad, considering that tracking showed it clearing customs on Sunday. Deutsche Post and the U.S.P.S. moved this little box right along. Speaking of the box, it's noteworthy in that there is more product than packaging. Wish more things were packed so efficiently.

el bandido
05-23-2018, 11:24 AM
It would be nice if you posted a note in the "where to buy" section so others will know how you were treated.

termite
05-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Will do. Have to make time to test it, first, though. It's still in the box. :(

termite
06-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Finally had time to unbox and set up my Vu+ Zero 4k. (It's raining so I had to stop digging).

First impression: awful. It came loaded with something it called 2017-something]-vu-experimental with satellites ranging from 0E to 58W and did not allow editing of any part of the list. My mistake -- I should have chosen the offered option to install the latest build of one of the open systems instead of "factory default".

(My other mistake when I ordered was forgetting about power. Fortunately, the power supply tolerates 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, so I just had to order an adapter from the twin prong German plug to US receptacle.)

I downloaded openpli-6.2-release-vuzero4k-20180618_usb.zip but something went wrong with the download, so I grabbed openpli-6.2-release-vuzero4k-20180611_usb.zip and that unzipped. Copied the vuplus directory to the root of a no-name, 2G, FAT16 USB key (read later that it's supposed to be FAT32 and 4G or larger). Plugged that into the Vu+ and turned it on. After giving it 5 or 10 minutes of blinking, I decided it was probably bricked, so shut it off, removed the key and turned it back on. It appears to work.

My test setup is weird. My dish is a 10ft Channelmaster mesh C/Ku feeding an Icecrypt S3750CHD. (el bandido, you didn't yell your warning loud enough to save me from buying that thing). From there, a coax feeds C-band, at whatever position and polarity chosen at the house, to the garage. That's where I'm testing the Vu+ Zero 4k. The HDMI out from the Vu goes to a HDMI to VGA converter and thence to a brain-damaged ViewSonic monitor. That monitor has a DVI input, but so far has only tolerated HDMI-to-DVI from a Homeworx ATSC receiver.

The Vu+ Zero 4k is currently displaying the Movies channel on 101W / 3961V / 2734. I haven't yet done a blind scan; that transponder was already in the newly installed openplix. Not quite sure how I got to this point, but it didn't take long after fiddling within the menus. It's a keeper, now.

el bandido
06-21-2018, 08:08 PM
Great to know the receiver is working! Congratulations on the successful purchase and installation.

Vu+ ships with an open source image, which is not suitable for hacking as Digitaldan from Manhattan claims. Information on how to properly flash the Zero 4K is in this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links](Video)&p=97285#post97285

Ebay has been a good source for power supplies for me. The Zero 4K runs on 12 volts dc, but it has a different plug than my other 12 volt receivers have.

The Icecrypt S3750CHD can run enigma2 image, and two enigma2 receivers on the same network can share many things including channels. It is not hard to remotely move the satellite dish on enigma2 receivers, so you may want to consider running the Icecrypt S3750CHD on enigma2 at some point in time.

Ordering a receiver with the image pre-loaded will not help much because it will usually be set up for Europe. I customize the blindscan plugin and other parts of enigma2. Will be glad to make these customized images available to anyone that needs them.

termite
06-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Thanks for that info, el bandido! I don't yet have ethernet to my garage, but will. I hadn't even considered the possibility of the Icecrypt and Vu+ communicating over the network. That will be especially handy during football season.

The 6.2 release includes a few nice plugins. I tried out the media player and discovered that it plays oggs just fine. None of my other receivers or tv have ever recognized that file format. When trying the picture viewer, it displayed the directory tree for me to browse through looking for images. Man, it was good to see that familiar list of directories! Felt like home. :)

zonetech1961
08-19-2018, 02:57 PM
I've been following this thread, I have decided to order a zero 4k
What is the best image that comes with blind scan or a custom image with it.

el bandido
08-19-2018, 09:02 PM
In no particular order, SatdreamGr, OpenPLi, OpenVix, OpenATV are all popular images. I prefer SatDreamGr and OpenPLi images because they are easy for me to modify.
For blindscan OpenPLi and most images based on OpenPLi will require you to download and install the blindscan plugin. This is no big deal, and it is easy to do.

I will be glad to help you if needed on getting started. I would also suggest trying several different images and see which one you like the best.

Welcome to Legit! EB

Megatron817
08-20-2018, 05:39 AM
I've been following this thread, I have decided to order a zero 4k
What is the best image that comes with blind scan or a custom image with it.
You found the place for help here at legit-fta. EB knows this stuff.
I like openpli or satdreagr for ease of use. The others I tried were harder to find options in the menus so I just went back to openpli.
I will say Read some old posts here at this forum about enigma2 they may answer some of your questions about what is needed to get started.

eastof111
08-20-2018, 02:28 PM
I too am a fan of SatdreamGr.... been using it in flash for a few years. If there is ever a hiccup with the latest version, athoik at SDG will usually help and rectify the problem within a day or two. And of course, should you have a blindscan or other problem, EB will always come through with assistance.

When I have the time, I enjoy checking out other images which I have loaded in openmultiboot on a usb stick, but since I don't use the Zero, I can't vouch for it.

Enjoy your fta!

zonetech1961
08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the replys, I hope it gets here soon
How do You use multiboot, does it come standard on the image, or is it plugin also

el bandido
08-21-2018, 08:33 PM
I would not suggest using multiboot until you understand the basics of the enigma2 operating system. Get the box and get it running using a simple image such as OpenPLi or SatDreamGr. Then add other features, or other tuners such as ATSC.

eastof111
08-21-2018, 11:17 PM
Good point, just go at your own pace.

el bandido
08-28-2018, 08:51 PM
The OpenPLi Wiki has a lot of useful information.

zonetech1961
08-29-2018, 01:18 PM
My Receiver is suppose to be here this week, fingers crossed
I've downloaded about 5 images to play with, do they come with N.A. satellites on the image
or would I need to telnet with FileZilla

el bandido
08-29-2018, 03:04 PM
Most enigma2 images have about every satellite in the arc by default, so you should be OK.

zonetech1961
08-29-2018, 05:06 PM
It made it today, I put the newest openpli image on it
I didn't see any NA sats, I just messing around with it anyway. I picked a 10 east sat cband
got the blindscan plugin downloaded and tried a few scans.
I didn't see any dvb-s2x , transponders logged , I don't think anyway
I was hoping for one dvb-s2x channel anyway.
blindscan is fairly fast.
I'm going to try some more images when time allows

el bandido
08-29-2018, 07:54 PM
Very Good Start!
openpli-6.2-release-vuzero4k-20180827_usb.zip Has satellites from 1.9 East to 177 West. Other unmodified OpenPli images should have these satellites too.
Blindscanning DVB-S2X transponders will cause the receiver to crash because DVB-S2X is not defined. This is easy to fix or keep from happening, but the blindscan plugins have not been updated because no one has had any trouble. There should be a couple of DVB-S2X transponders on 87 West C band. You might try blindscanning that satellite and see what happens. I do not know of any DVB-S2X transponder that has channels, and is visible in North America.

zonetech1961
08-30-2018, 07:43 AM
I tried few different images, blind scan crashed on 2 different ones, cant remember now which ones now
Openpli and Openspa did not crash, still didn't see any dvb-s2x tps, unless they are scanning in as dvb or dvbs2
the couple of s2x tps, you mention do they log as dvb-s2x

el bandido
08-30-2018, 04:04 PM
To be clear, A crash in enigma2 will result in a green screen with information in it about why the system crashed. This green screen will be displayed for a few seconds, then the receive will reboot. A crash log will be stored in the system files (/tmp) or on the receiver's hard drive.

The receiver will crash if a DVB-S2X is logged in blindscan because (A) DVB-S2X is Not defined, (B) DVB-S2X FEC's are not defined, and possibly (C) roll off values will be different. The only exception to this is the Vu+ images such as BlackHole.
I have modified the blindscan plugin so it will not crash on DVB-S2X transponders, but this modded plugin has to be manually installed. 87 West C band has a couple of DVB-S2X data transponders on it, and these are the only S2X transponders I have found.

Megatron817
08-30-2018, 04:58 PM
OpenPli 6.2 release Is very stable.I have never seen a green screen crash with blind scan.I only have KU band fixed dishes.The only green screen crash I have seen was when checking out different modified skins that were not totally compatible and had problems.

el bandido
08-30-2018, 09:07 PM
The only way I know to see the DVB-S2X transponders being logged is to use the telnet terminal and look at the data as shown below.

My modified blindscan plugin defines DVB-S2X as DVB-S2, and sets the DVB-S2X FEC to Auto or None. Setting it this way allows the receiver to scan the DVB-S2X transponder as DVB-S2. This works because the tuner in the receiver Zero 4K receiver can auto detect.

zonetech1961
08-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the post, can You share your plugin, I will have to figure out how to install it
I've used FileZilla in the past, not sure that is what I need though

el bandido
08-31-2018, 07:34 AM
FileZilla is not that hard to use. The receiver will need to be connected to the same network as the computer that has FileZilla will be used for file transfers. Tutorials for FileZilla are easy to find using Google.

zonetech1961
08-31-2018, 08:23 AM
Thanks
I'm comfortable using it

el bandido
09-01-2018, 07:28 AM
Are you running OpenPLi image or image based on PLi?

zonetech1961
09-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Right now OpenPli

el bandido
09-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Replace the attached file named plugin.py in the Blindscan folder located at: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan
Reboot the box.
DVB-S2X transponders will be logged as DVB-S2, FEC = None.

This is the best we can do until DVB-S2X is properly added.

zonetech1961
09-01-2018, 06:20 PM
Thanks, I got it replaced with Yours
now to try it out
Do I use putty to see the log of tps scanned

el bandido
09-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Yes. Use putty (telnet).
Type these commands and press enter after each command
init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=5 enigma2

Press Ctrl and c to break. init 3 will restart the box and exit telnet logging.

zonetech1961
09-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Been enjoying the Zero 4K, It blindscans pretty fast
remote button response is fast also
wifi dongle also works well
images are easy to load
Picture quality is great, in my OP
Overall good little Receiver

el bandido
09-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Appreciate the information. It would be great if you could post where you bought it and how that turned out in the "Where to Buy" Section.

rayydio
10-12-2018, 02:01 PM
I just ordered mine today. Have been thinking of it for awhile and then came across this forum and thread. El Bandido sealed the deal with his expert knowledge. I ordered from grooves.land in Germany. Really looking forward to playing with this box.

el bandido
10-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Excellent!
Let us know if you need any help setting the box up. Enigma2 is a great operating system.

zonetech1961
10-12-2018, 09:01 PM
I flashed OBH 4.2
You have the option to scan in or not scan, found transponders when a blind scan
is finished. The transponders found, does not automatically scan in
I hope that make sense

el bandido
10-12-2018, 09:39 PM
That blindscan plugin first appeared in the SF8008 images. That plugin can be moved to almost any image you want to run it on. The blindscan plugin can be modified many different ways, but the plugin is only as good as the tuner bin file that it is interfaced with.

Megatron817
10-14-2018, 03:49 PM
el bandido do you have that plugin on the openpli 6.2 image? I'd like to try it.
Thanks

el bandido
10-14-2018, 07:51 PM
Yes.
Do you understand how to transfer files using FileZilla or similar ftp program?

el bandido
10-14-2018, 09:59 PM
DVB-S2X Has not been added to enigma2. Vu+ did add DVB-S2X to the BlackHole image, but the BlackHole image is outdated and useless for us in North America.
When a DVB-S2X transponder is found in blindscan, the receiver crashes. Here is one example:

[Blindscan][blindscanContainerClose] cnt: 10 , data: ['OK', 'VERTICAL', '10799362', '34002000', 'DVB-S2X', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_11_15', '32APSK', 'ROLLOFF_35']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 1040, in blindscanContainerClose
parm.system = sys[data[4]]
KeyError: 'DVB-S2X'

DVB-S2X transponders that are found in blindscan will soon be labeled as DVB-S2 in OpenPLi or OpenPLi based images such as SatDreamGr. I appreciate the work Athoik and others have done to fix it so our receivers will not crash in blindscan. DVB-S2X data transponders may be found at 87W c band if anyone wants to test.
You may monitor the output of the blindscan in telnet when using OpenPli images by entering these two commands.
init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=5 enigma2
Pressing the Ctrl c on the computer keyboard while in telnet will break the debug log. Entering the init 3 command while in telnet will restart the box without telnet logging.

Megatron817
10-15-2018, 08:27 PM
EB I downloaded and flashed the Open Black hole 4.2 image and checked out the blind scan plugin. I like that version but it still has the same 150 MHz off at the top stop frequency for ku 12050 = 12200. To me I'm happy with what I am use to using plus I didn't see how to open the blindscan xml with the remote by pressing the yellow button.
Thanks

el bandido
10-15-2018, 09:08 PM
That 150 MHz off issue will probably have to be fixed here. That same bug will be in almost every blindscan plugin because that plugin information is shared or Open Source. Maybe this winter we can fix it where it reads correctly.

The plugin is easy enough to move. Simply copy the Blindscan folder at /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan. You also need the boxbranding.so file located at: /usr/lib/enigma2/python

To install that plugin in an OpenPLi image image:
Backup Existing Image before doing anything for a restore point!
(1) Install blindscan (If not already done) in the image using the downloadable plugins menu. This is done to set the image up for blindscan, else the correct binary file will not be in usr/bin
(2) Navigate to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins". Delete the blindscan or Blindscan folder that is already at that location, then install the Blindscan folder that you want to use.
(3) Install the boxbranding.so file to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
(4) Reboot box
Plugin should be installed and in working condition.

The beauty of the enigma2 operating system is the level of customization that is available. We cannot alter the drivers, but we can alter most of the python files to our particular wants or needs. Customizing like this is about impossible for the end user with closed source fta receivers.

el bandido
10-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Most enigma2 images will not display DVB-S2X when a DVB-S2X transponder is found in a blindscan or identified with signal finder or sat finder plugins. The reason for this is DVB-S2X is not defined in the enigma2 sources. The SiLabs tuners that are DVB-S2X capable can Auto Detect some transponder settings. Almost all enigma2 receivers will display a DVB-S2X transponder as DVB-S2. The only way to tell for sure is by looking at the debug log while the receiver is blindscanning.

Vu+ is a bit different and has their own version of enigma2.
The Vu+ version of enigma2 has added the files needed to detect DVB-S2X transponders correctly, but the Vu+ image is not very useful for other things and it has many issues that no one cares to fix. BlackHole is based on the Vu+ image and will properly display a scanned DVB-S2X transponder as seen in the attached screencap. Maybe one day this feature will be added to other images, but until it is, DVB-S2X transponders will be logged as DVB-S2 except in the debug log.

Megatron817
10-17-2018, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the knowledge EB. I moved that Open black hole Blind scan plugin yesterday to OpenPli 6.2 release and it is in working condition.

el bandido
10-18-2018, 12:12 AM
Your blindscan file will be overwritten when you do an image update that contains updates in the blindscan plugin. Here is how to stop that from happening:
(A Good Idea to backup image First!)
(1) Install DreamExplorer located under extensions in downloadable plugins.
(2) Make a folder on the root drive of the receiver file system or at some other location in the receiver files. (I make a folder named 1 in root)
(3) Use DreamExplorer to move the blindscan binary (see attached screencap) located in usr/bin to the new folder you created in the receiver.
(4) Go to Downloadable Plugins and press the red remote button. Remove the Blindscan plugin under System plugins.
(5) Reboot box.
(6) Use DreamExplorer to move the blindscan binary that you stored back to usr/bin. Reinstall the Blindscan folder into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins
(7) Reboot box and test blindscan. It will work if everything was done correctly, and it will not be touched in a future update.
(8) Delete your temporary folder that was made earlier.

There are several ways to do this, but I prefer this method.The blindscan binary is real picky about working again once it is moved out of the receiver due to Ownership and/or permissions. This is why I keep the blindscan binary in the receiver the whole time instead of doing a simple ftp transfer. This is a little bit of work, but only needs to be done one time.

el bandido
10-18-2018, 12:23 AM
SatDreamGr has added multi-stream blindscan to the image. This feature will only be available in receivers that support it. Looks like this is trying to work in the Zero 4K. I understood the new Edision receiver was the first to have multi-stream blindscan? Do not know what to make of this in the Zero 4K. Do Not alter the blindscan plugin or install another blindscan plugin if you want to test this on Zero 4K receivers.

Link to image: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Install image, followed by online update or Telnet update using:
opkg update
opkg upgrade

Megatron817
10-18-2018, 05:30 AM
I had been using the satdreamgr image but it has a problem with the fast forward while playing back a recording. If you try to skip forward/fast forward once you get to 16x or faster it would hangup with just a spinner and a still picture on screen you can hear the hard drive winding up and down a power off with the rear switch is required. the problem started with the satdreamgr pli-5 9/6/2018 file and the new satdreamgr-6 also has the problem.

eastof111
10-18-2018, 01:58 PM
I had been using the satdreamgr image but it has a problem with the fast forward while playing back a recording. If you try to skip forward/fast forward once you get to 16x or faster it would hangup with just a spinner and a still picture on screen you can hear the hard drive winding up and down a power off with the rear switch is required. the problem started with the satdreamgr pli-5 9/6/2018 file and the new satdreamgr-6 also has the problem.

For me this has been on going with SDG since about January (if I remember correctly). It really amplifies the problem if one presses the > button too quickly after initiating << or >>. The reboot corrects the problem, but it will mess up any recordings in progress. Also, if you do this process enough times over a few months, it will corrupt your hard drive to the point of making the timer or instant record inoperative for recordings.

Too correct this temporarily, I had to remove the drive and hook it up to Windows and do a chkdsk. After the drive was repaired and installed back to my Duo2, everything works fine again. No files were lost in the process. But I did transfer files to Windows 10 first just in case something went south with the hard drive.

By the way, did a health check on the hard drive while in Windows 10 using a program called HD Sentinal and the SMART check showed the drive to be in excellent condition after the chkdsk.

I hope they fix this bug in the image soon.

Megatron817
10-21-2018, 08:52 PM
I reloaded my SatDreamGr 6 Backup and did the online update to get the updated blindscan plugin and now the recording play back fast forward bug appears to be fixed also. only did a 12 min. recording and ran it forward and backward quite a few times and it never hung so maybe it is fixed.

el bandido
10-21-2018, 09:38 PM
I never did see the fast forward or the reverse bug in recordings. Not to say it did not or does not exist, I just never saw it because I never use those features much. When I did test fast forward and reverse, they worked.

The new blindscan plugin works great. Glad they did that for us!...

eastof111
10-22-2018, 02:33 AM
Really glad it works for you guys. For the heck of it, try recording i.e., Metv and pbs atsc at the same time and then play back a previous stored recording while the two recordings are still in progress. I.e., three items in progress. Then start pressing the << or >> plus the > buttons a few times and see if it freezes the receiver. It usually freezes when the > is pressed too quickly after the << or >> are pressed multiple times to increase speed.

This will usually create the necessary reboot after 15 minutes of fast forward or fast rewind. After a few months of reboots, it will corrupt the hard drive due to the two recordings in progress having to restart multiple times.

This problem was posted in both PLI and SDG sites by another op with a Zgemma receiver (can't remember when) and it was never really pursed. I may be wrong, but it may be a millisecond timing issue with pressing the > key after the << or >> keys.

It's a very distinct problem that not everyone encounters, so I doubt too much emphasis will be applied towards rectifying the problem.

Megatron817
10-22-2018, 01:02 PM
I spoke to soon it is not fixed. Just watched back a recording from this morning and it froze so I guess it is best to just play it and avoid pressing fast forward and reverse to quick. I think it is 16x or faster when it happens.

Megatron817
10-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Hey eastof111 do you find the problem recordings to be just ATSC channels? I don't do a lot of recording and the few times I seen the problem I just so happened to be using the SatDreamGr image and it was ATSC recordings. I assumed only SatDreamGr had the problem but I went back to Openpli and recorded the same ATSC channel as this morning and found the problem also on Openpli. The channel was my ATSC NBC. The recorded ATSC FOX it seemed fine then I recorded ATSC PBS it had the problem. Last nights 12 minute recording was ATSC CBS and it was fine. All satellite recording I have done have always been fine no problem.

Megatron817
10-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Definitely something in the some ATSC stations broadcasts. Just recorded a rerun of the big bang theory. It's the same definition 1080i as NBC and PBS and had no problems at all with play back forward and reverse.

eastof111
10-22-2018, 07:57 PM
For me the reboot has to be done when I am recording a program, whether C or ku or atsc, whether one, two or three recordings at once and then watch a prior recorded item that may be two days or a few weeks old. The prior recordings all play fine for me. I don't think the recordings have any bearing in this bug. I think it's the "how many times' and "how fast" you push the << >> and then the > buttons.

Due to the reboots involved, the timer seems to have a hard time keeping track of where it must restart recording upon reboot. This is especially true if you have two or more recordings that were interrupted. I think this is also the cause of the hard drive corruption which causes the timer and instant record to not function later.

The recordings that have to be restarted by the timer after a reboot will be out of sequence time wise and are worthless to me, even though they play fine unless I start pushing the << >> or > buttons.

el bandido
10-22-2018, 08:36 PM
I guess OpenATV does not have this problem or issue?

eastof111
10-22-2018, 11:39 PM
I'll install the latest ATV this week and see what happens.

I did try an older ATV and VIX in multiboot a few weeks ago to see if the timer and instant record worked while it was not working with SDG. It did not work with ATV or VIX either, so that's when I decided to check the hard drive with Win10.

After reinstalling the hard drive the instant recording worked fine again in all three images. But I never got around to try timer recordings with ATV or VIX.

Megatron817
10-23-2018, 05:47 AM
One thing I found in common with my PBS and NBC stations is they both have six streams or channels within their transport stream each and both stations share their transport stream with another station so there is four stations on two frequencies. I believe when a program is recorded it records the whole transport stream so maybe some of that extra data is what causes a problem.

eastof111
10-23-2018, 11:24 PM
One thing I found in common with my PBS and NBC stations is they both have six streams or channels within their transport stream each and both stations share their transport stream with another station so there is four stations on two frequencies. I believe when a program is recorded it records the whole transport stream so maybe some of that extra data is what causes a problem.

Try this....

Just record any c or ku or atsc program, then select a prior recorded program that you know is good. Play it while the recording is in progress and press the >> to bypass the commercials, then press << to back track because you over shot the program, then press the >> again because you over shot the program by rewinding, then finally press the > to play.

If you do this a few times during the night, after watching a few other recorded programs, it should produce the freeze. It depends on how many times you press the key combinations and how fast they're pressed. It usually does for me. But, I have to say it usually occurs when using anything over 8x speed or more in either direction.

I've been trying to avoid doing the quick key presses because I don't want to corrupt the hard drive, even though I know it will happen again.

Megatron817
10-24-2018, 12:29 PM
Alright I tried while recording a ku wild feed program and playing a known good ATSC (The CW) recording and I never got it to freeze up.
Tried while recording an ATSC station (CBS) while playing the same known good ATSC (The CW) recording and it froze up.
Strange because my CBS recordings are fine and the CW recordings are fine.
Also tried while recoring an ATSC station (CBS) while playing a known good ATSC (CBS) recording and it never froze up.
Strange also how recording CBS and playing back a CBS recording had no problem where The CW did.
Then tried recording ku (ABC NEWS One feed) while playing the known good ATSC (The CW) and it never froze.
So far I'm only seeing the problem with ATSC recordings.All satellite recordings are fine while recording ATSC even the known bad recording channels(NBC,PBS,Their sub channels and shared Stations).

eastof111
10-24-2018, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Looks like this bug is going to be around for a while since its so intermittent.

el bandido
10-25-2018, 11:24 AM
BlackHole is either hacked or gone...

rayydio
10-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Well it finally arrived and is at the post office. Should be able to pick up tomorrow and start playing this week. First a couple of questions, I'm just Ku band for now and am wondering if NA sat list is included in most images and which image has the best blind scan if that is an applicable question.

Megatron817
10-29-2018, 02:16 PM
Yes, most will have N.A. sats and the blind scan seems to be the same on any image just may look a little different.
I recommend starting with SatDreamGR-6 or OpenPLi 6.2 as they are both easier to navigate the menus when just getting started or atleast they are to me. Maybe I'm just old and slow. LOL

rayydio
10-29-2018, 05:28 PM
Yes, most will have N.A. sats and the blind scan seems to be the same on any image just may look a little different.
I recommend starting with SatDreamGR-6 or OpenPLi 6.2 as they are both easier to navigate the menus when just getting started or atleast they are to me. Maybe I'm just old and slow. LOL

Thanks, I'm old and slow as well!

rayydio
10-30-2018, 12:39 AM
Tried to load SatDreamGR-6 and it seems not to want to load...the LED on front of box does not start to blink. Tried two different USB sticks and have the same issue. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong

el bandido
10-30-2018, 05:12 AM
Extract or unzip the vuplus folder from the file you downloaded. The receiver will not load unless the vuplus folder is present.
Put the vuplus folder on usb stick and insert usb stick into receiver.
Remove the ac power from the receiver, then apply ac power. Receiver will start loading the image once you do this.

rayydio
10-30-2018, 06:53 AM
Extract or unzip the vuplus folder from the file you downloaded. The receiver will not load unless the vuplus folder is present.
Put the vuplus folder on usb stick and insert usb stick into receiver.
Remove the ac power from the receiver, then apply ac power. Receiver will start loading the image once you do this.

Yes EB tried that with both the openpli and satdream images, wonder if I have a bad box? Is there anything else I need to do with a new box?

el bandido
10-30-2018, 08:26 AM
I doubt the box is bad.
Have you watched this video? It takes several minutes or the box to load. Once the box light starts flashing fast, remove the stick and restart the box by turning the rear rocker switch off and on.

el bandido
10-30-2018, 08:29 AM
This video shows OpenATV flashing, but the procedure is the same for any image.

rayydio
10-30-2018, 09:50 AM
I doubt the box is bad.
Have you watched this video? It takes several minutes or the box to load. Once the box light starts flashing fast, remove the stick and restart the box by turning the rear rocker switch off and on.

Yes several times...perhaps it does not like the stick I'm using, will try another when I get home from work

zonetech1961
10-30-2018, 01:07 PM
I bought a Kingston stick to have, just for my Zero 4k
I never got it to work, I got one of my old sticks, formatted it, never has missed a beat
works every time. I would try another stick for sure.
When I tried the Kingston, no flashing on the receiver,, no nothing
Copy just the first folder You extract, as mentioned above, vuplus.
If you open that folder all the way to the zero 4k folder and copy it to the stick, it wont work

el bandido
10-30-2018, 01:18 PM
It might be a good idea to check the files that are inside the vuplus folder and make sure they are correct. Also make sure the image that was downloaded is actually for the Zero 4K and not for the Zero.

There was an issue where transponders located around 4 MHz apart were being logged in blindscan but not being processed in Service scan. Code has been changed in SatDreamGr image to allow scanning of transponders 2 MHz apart. If two transponders are logged 1 MHz apart, then the second transponder will be deleted. This is done to stop duplicate channels.
Code change is here:

--- a/lib/dvb/scan.cpp
+++ b/lib/dvb/scan.cpp
int diff;
if (ch1->calculateDifference(ch2, diff, exact))
return 0;
- if (diff < 4000) // more than 4mhz difference?
+ if (diff < 2000) // more than 2mhz difference?
return 1;
return 0;
}

I appreciate the work of Athoik and the others at SatDreamGr who have made these changes possible!
This change is available Now using online update.

Megatron817
10-30-2018, 06:47 PM
I bought a Kingston stick to have, just for my Zero 4k
I never got it to work, I got one of my old sticks, formatted it, never has missed a beat
works every time. I would try another stick for sure.
When I tried the Kingston, no flashing on the receiver,, no nothing
Copy just the first folder You extract, as mentioned above, vuplus.
If you open that folder all the way to the zero 4k folder and copy it to the stick, it wont work

zonetech, If that Kingston stick is good in a different device you might try resizing the partition to less than 32GB and format to Fat or Fat32. Flash drives use the FAT file system. I have flashed as a test with a 160Gb external hard drive and FAT32 and it worked. AOMEI partition Assistant is what i used for resizing and formating. It's a Free download.

chewie
10-30-2018, 09:05 PM
Hello zonetech
I don't know if you seen these instructions, hope this helps.
Regards.
Chewie

chewie
10-30-2018, 09:19 PM
zonetech, one more thing, I read somewhere that not all USB brands are compatible with receivers, I use the Sandisk Cruzers and never had a problem.
Regards.
Chewie

rayydio
10-30-2018, 09:34 PM
Well I was able to flash satdreamgr 6 to my new box tonight...my problem turned out to be an incompatible usb stick. Used a Sandisk Cruzer as Chewie suggested and it worked great. Only question is where do I find a NA sat list? This image did not have it.

Thanks to all for the help -

el bandido
10-30-2018, 09:43 PM
The image has Both East and West satellites. It does have North American satellites.

I usually delete the Eastern satellites. You really need to use FileZilla to do that. Telnet or putty is also a plus.

If enough information is known about your satellite antenna system & tv system (Tv resolution, switch configurations, c/ku bands lnb l.o.'s...etc) then an image can be made that will work as soon as you download and install it. I prefer not to do this but it can be done if needed.

You also need to connect the receiver to the internet so plugins and other files can be downloaded from the SatDreamGr server.

chewie
10-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Well I was able to flash satdreamgr 6 to my new box tonight...my problem turned out to be an incompatible usb stick. Used a Sandisk Cruzer as Chewie suggested and it worked great. Only question is where do I find a NA sat list? This image did not have it.

Thanks to all for the help -

Hello rayydio
here is this site where you can go and create your satellite list and download it to your computer, go to the costume tab.

Regards.
Chewie

rayydio
11-02-2018, 09:41 AM
Been using satdreamgr 6 on my new box for the last couple of day and have a couple of questions:

How do I set the clock? The time zone is correct but the time is wrong

Blind scan works fine but I get many duplicates, is there a way to eliminate them?

el bandido
11-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Very Good!
For the clock, Did you download and install System Time ? Have you set the System Time menu correctly for your system?

Blindscan should not give duplicates. What settings are you using for the lnb, and what kind of lnb do you have?

rayydio
11-02-2018, 01:33 PM
Very Good!
For the clock, Did you download and install System Time ? Have you set the System Time menu correctly for your system?

Blindscan should not give duplicates. What settings are you using for the lnb, and what kind of lnb do you have?

I did not have System time but do now. Works great thanks

I have it set up in simple and positioner and I am using a standard LNBF

el bandido
11-02-2018, 02:36 PM
What settings are you using in antenna setup?
What is the lnb l.o.?

rayydio
11-02-2018, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=el bandido;97764]What settings are you using in antenna setup?
What is the lnb l.o.?[/QUOTE

It does not seem to matter which configuration I use whether it's simple or advanced. I tried user defined and used a LO/L of 10750 LO/H of 10750 and the threshold of 10750. What it seems to be doing in finding a transponder at x frequency and then it either adds or subtracts 850 and that is how I am getting dupes.

el bandido
11-02-2018, 04:36 PM
10750 L.O. lnb should use the Circular lnb settings. (Scan using Horizontal and Vertical polarities). Set the antenna settings to Advanced.

rayydio
11-02-2018, 04:50 PM
10750 L.O. lnb should use the Circular lnb settings. (Scan using Horizontal and Vertical polarities). Set the antenna settings to Advanced.

OK, will give it a try...never thought of using that setting

Megatron817
11-11-2018, 07:17 AM
I recorded Saturday Night Live and now watching it back. Found this by accident. To skip forward press 3,6 or 9. 3 seems to be 15 seconds, 6 is 1 minute and 9 is 5 minutes. To skip backward press 1,4 or 7. 1 is 15 seconds, 4 is 1 minute and 7 is 5 minutes. Doing that has not caused a Hang up.

el bandido
11-12-2018, 05:44 PM
I need to ask again:

What exactly are the issues with the Circular lnb setting in blindscan? Please list them. Thanks.

Megatron817
11-12-2018, 07:38 PM
I need to ask again:

What exactly are the issues with the Circular lnb setting in blindscan? Please list them. Thanks.

EB, Who are you asking? everybody?
No issues here. As far I know.

el bandido
11-13-2018, 12:29 AM
I need to know if there are any issues at all with this setting. The user Defined 10750 l.o. setting will probably be deleted.

The Circular lnb setting is being looked at by Huevos.

I remember some scan issues with this setting, but I do not recall what they were. Seems there were 150 MHz issues when scanning certain frequency ranges?

Megatron817
11-13-2018, 06:25 AM
I know last night when you asked I did a test which I had already done in the past.
Blind scanned 91w KU, circular lnb setting had found 30 feeds then using user defined 10750L and H found 29 feeds. maybe one feed had dropped.
I never had an issue with both settings. Using circular because you had told me that was the proper setting.

Megatron817
11-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Flashed Openpli 7.0rc. Has the newer blind scan plugin like satDreamGr6. It is different than 6.2 release but not that much. After the plugins install have to press OK, didn't have to do that before. Running smooth and stable.

el bandido
11-13-2018, 09:46 PM
Any OpenPLi image that has "rc" in it such as "openpli-7.0-rc-vuzero4k-20181112_usb.zip" is a test image. The "rc" means release candidate, and also means that the image may have bugs, may crash, or may be incomplete. It is good to see these images being used. Be sure to report any problems that you find.

rayydio
11-14-2018, 07:04 PM
I need to know if there are any issues at all with this setting. The user Defined 10750 l.o. setting will probably be deleted.

I remember some scan issues with this setting, but I do not recall what they were. Seems there were 150 MHz issues when scanning certain frequency ranges?

Hey EB...I'm running circular and I don't think I'm having any issues with blindscan. Seems to be doing fine -

rayydio
11-15-2018, 12:37 PM

Actually EB, I think I may have spoken too soon. I believe I am having an issue on 103W Ku with dups on only one transponder. It is 12145 / V / 20000...I am getting dups on 11940 / V / 20000 which is 205 off. It's strange as it's the only situation where I get any dups on any sat. The blind scan is set up as vertical and horizontal, with a range of 2-45. Once again I'm using a standard LNBF on the circular setting. Image is OpenPLI 6.2

el bandido
11-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Here is what a scan of those two transponders returns for me:

15334 15335

rayydio
11-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Here is what a scan of those two transponders returns for me:

15334 15335

Ooops, never mind, just pretend I did not leave that post -

rayydio
11-30-2018, 10:32 AM
I have come across an NPR Mux on 91W Ku 11912 / V /2000. I am using OpenPLI 7.0rc and blindscan will not find this transponder on my setup anyway, I have to enter it manually and scan it that way. It's a 22 channel audio mux...not every channel is active. I have scanned this transponder using another box and can access several of the audio channels. However with the VU+ I cannot access any of the channels. Have any of you tried this transponder?

el bandido
11-30-2018, 12:43 PM
Have you got anything to record the stream with? We might be able to get that fixed if the Transport Stream can be recorded.

rayydio
11-30-2018, 01:52 PM
No I don't EB

Megatron817
11-30-2018, 02:57 PM
I have come across an NPR Mux on 91W Ku 11912 / V /2000. I am using OpenPLI 7.0rc and blindscan will not find this transponder on my setup anyway, I have to enter it manually and scan it that way. It's a 22 channel audio mux...not every channel is active. I have scanned this transponder using another box and can access several of the audio channels. However with the VU+ I cannot access any of the channels. Have any of you tried this transponder?
I get it with a blindscan on occasion, the signal is slow to roll in. Some are mpeg and others are AAC audio but yes nothing plays with the VU+ zero 4k.
My windows 10 laptop says it is M3U8 file but media player does not support it.

rayydio
12-01-2018, 11:24 AM
I get it with a blindscan on occasion, the signal is slow to roll in. Some are mpeg and others are AAC audio but yes nothing plays with the VU+ zero 4k.
My windows 10 laptop says it is M3U8 file but media player does not support it.

Tried streaming to VLC and no joy. VLC does M3U8 as I can stream video thru box to VLC fine.

el bandido
12-01-2018, 12:29 PM
This audio problem is in the receiver, so trying to stream these audio channels will not help.

el bandido
12-22-2018, 11:15 AM
There may be a light at the end of the tunnel for the audio problem or at least some help.
The new receiver Titanium will be selling seems to have the same audio issue as the Zero 4K. Maybe someone can provide the correct TS file, which might allow these receivers to be fixed?
This site will not help and is a waste of time:[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Reporting the problem at this site will not help either:[Only registered and activated users can see links]

The thing to do is get someone to make the TS file that has the proper equipment. For some reason, these transponders are hard to record. I do have a TBS 5925 which might work, but I do not have the TS Reader program. If you are successful in getting the correct TS file, then post it here and I will send it to someone that might be able to get it fixed.

This is not our first Rodeo.
Several things have been fixed or added to enigma2 for North America since 2012. The key to getting things fixed or added is knowing who to send the information to, and how to present the information and answer any questions so it is useful. Patience is Golden!

Vu+ Has never been good at communicating, but most things did get fixed in the Duo2 over a period of time. This was 2013-2014, so it has been a while. Since then, Vu+ has quit communicating with some image groups and has been ignoring problems. I used to really enjoy Vu+ receivers, but the difficulty in communicating with them, and their apparent lack of concern will make me avoid their products in the future.

el bandido
12-23-2018, 10:37 AM
Possible progress.
I had some time last night and was able to make a TS file using the 11921 transponder.
Now let's see if we can find someone to look at it.....

rayydio
12-23-2018, 11:22 AM
Thanks EB...since your are able to record a TS file perhaps you could record another. We have another problem transponder -

On 103W, the NC-1 through NC-8 mux, 12080 H 30000

On the VU+ we get audio but no video however on other non E2 boxes all is well.

el bandido
12-23-2018, 04:45 PM
I like to try and get one problem fixed at a time.
These radio channels not playing are taking a considerable amount of energy, but I think they will be fixed. If these radio channels are not fixed then it will not be from a lack of trying. It is also possible that these radio channels will be fixed in some receiver make/models, but not in others. I am not encouraged at all in saying that the radio problem is an enigma2 problem after today. It will probably take the manufacturers assistance in fixing the radio issue. You have both a playing and recording issue in this one. We will see.

In the meantime, you guys are welcome to see what can be done about fixing the Video issue On 103W. I am talking about the NC-1 through NC-8 mux, on the 12080 H transponder. It should be pretty easy to show you how to make a TS file. That video issue has also been seen in some closed sourced receivers, so it is Not just an enigma2 problem. Will be interesting to see what it takes to get it fixed, but I think it will be easier than the radio issue.

Megatron817
12-23-2018, 05:56 PM
The issue with the NC1-NC8 is the same problem I have seen on other wild feeds with VLC player showing it is 4:2:0 and it acts like 4:2:2.
Looking at the codec in VLC it is Mpeg 4 264 AVC there is some information missing in the color space,format compared to other mpeg 4 264 AVC videos that play fine.
Sometimes I have seen on wild feeds the video come on when they cut to a commercial while sitting on the channel just listening or streaming but soon as you change the channel and go back to it no video again. It is like once the missing information is received from the commercial video the video will remain open and viewable as long as you don't change the channel.

chewie
12-23-2018, 07:40 PM
Hello Megatron
Are these the Channels you are referring too the NBC mux.
If they are I get them with my Zero.
Regards.
Chewie

rayydio
12-23-2018, 11:44 PM
Chewie the channels that we are having an issue with are the NBC MUX NC-1 through NC-8

On 103W, the NC-1 through NC-8 mux, 12080 H 30000

We get audio but no video and that is what Megatron is also talking about also.

el bandido
12-24-2018, 12:48 AM
Information on How to make a proper ts file is in the link.

Read it and you will know what takes to make one. There are other methods such as TSReader, but this one costs no additional money.

eastof111
12-29-2018, 02:03 AM

SDG with latest in flash in the Duo2.

Well, been trying to live with it, but it's really starting to get old. Every time time I get the spinner, I know it's time to do a reboot. But after the reboot, you can be sure that the hard drive will now be corrupt. Only solution is to remove HD and connect to Win and do a chdsk to fix the corruption.

Thought my original drive might be getting old (not really), switched to another drive and used it for a few days. Sure enough, got the spinner BS and rebooted the new drive. I know that I will have to remove the new drive and connect it to Win to fix it.

What a pain....

Megatron817
12-29-2018, 06:43 AM
SDG with latest in flash in the Duo2.

Well, been trying to live with it, but it's really starting to get old. Every time time I get the spinner, I know it's time to do a reboot. But after the reboot, you can be sure that the hard drive will now be corrupt. Only solution is to remove HD and connect to Win and do a chdsk to fix the corruption.

Thought my original drive might be getting old (not really), switched to another drive and used it for a few days. Sure enough, got the spinner BS and rebooted the new drive. I know that I will have to remove the new drive and connect it to Win to fix it.

What a pain....
I started using the 1&3,4&6,7&9 buttons to skip forward and back. havn't had the issue anymore. In expert settings/Record I set 1/3 for 5 seconds,4/6 15 seconds, 7/9 60 seconds. Makes it easier for me.

el bandido
12-29-2018, 06:17 PM
About the radio issue on tp 11912,
When are the NPR channels active? NPR-ATC. NPR-WATC...etc?

rayydio
12-29-2018, 07:13 PM
EB some are not active at all and some are...I don't believe that there are any 24/7 channels. However, there is a fulltime barker channel but I just don't recall which one it is - I also think that you will find that they're more active earlier in the day and not so much at night -

Nfusion
09-22-2020, 06:10 PM
hi
I was also thinking about vu + zero 4k
the use that I will give it will be in band C

1 my question is if you have a good blind scan to find feeds channels

2 or if it supports T2MI

el bandido
09-22-2020, 07:03 PM
Do Not Buy Vu+ Receivers for use in North America! That is my suggestion. See thread listed below.
[Only registered and activated users can see links](2-Participants)

The Zero4K C band blindscan is poor compared to the Edision MIO.
The Zero4K Ku blindscan is broken when using an universal lnb.
I do not know if the Zero4K will open T2MI transponders.

Nfusion
09-22-2020, 07:22 PM
Do Not Buy Vu+ Receivers for use in North America! That is my suggestion. See thread listed below.
[Only registered and activated users can see links](2-Participants)

The Zero4K C band blindscan is poor compared to the Edision MIO.
The Zero4K Ku blindscan is broken when using an universal lnb.
I do not know if the Zero4K will open T2MI transponders.
it's a pity they look good quality, and they don't work well in C band

And from dreambox if I have seen that it works with a good blind scan by HW for its silicon tuner?

el bandido
09-22-2020, 07:37 PM
From what others have written, Dreambox does not work any better than VU for North America.

MSilver511
09-22-2020, 09:39 PM
Hi Bandido!
I do have a Dreambox DM900 original and works great! No problems with C band blindscan, multiboot or plugins. I understand some receivers have problems with C band blindscan like the ZGemma, but is not a problem with hardware, but software. I can blindscan with a ZGemma H9S, the trick is to change the parameters for the lnb, since you can't modify the parameters to C band I just change 5150 for 10000. Obviously frequencies are all wrong but you get the channels. Enigma2 receivers are as good as the user, or in your case the programmer.

el bandido
09-22-2020, 10:07 PM
Excellent info!
You are welcome to start a thread and demonstrate Dreambox DM900 as no one has done this. Show us what it finds on c band satellites along with the size dish and lnb types you are using. I have seen Dreambox owners in North America show up on European sites looking to solve different issues on their Dreambox, and it is not easy to do. Dreambox is Closed Source, but some image builds exists for the various models. I have never seen any detailed scan results for the DM900, and it would be interesting to see what the receiver finds in blindscans and how it does on 16 and 32 apsk feeds.

MSilver511
09-23-2020, 07:04 PM
That would be cool, unfortunately last post regarding Dreambox receivers is 6 years old, so... I always tough this portal is mainly for TNAP support, or just need an update!