PDA

View Full Version : Sat list

Megatron817
05-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Got my VU+ Zero 4k today.
what program do I need to edit the sat list and how do you get it from the box to the computer for editing. usb stick?
I'm lost. lol
Thanks!

el bandido
05-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Congratulations!
You are not lost. What are you wanting to do with the satellite list? It might help to describe your satellite antenna setup in detail. The receiver is not hard to setup, but of course you have to know how.

Megatron817
05-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Just need to add north american sats. I don't see how to add a sat or add a tp.
yeah I just don't know how. and how would you add pid's to a tp.
Maybe i havn't found the right menu.
Thanks

el bandido
05-10-2018, 06:09 PM
What image is in the receiver?

DreamboxEDit is one of many satellite editors, or you can telnet into the box and edit the satellite file using any .xml editor.

I can help you set the box up and get it running, but this will be very hard to do without knowing the antenna settings you are using.

Channel PIDS can be added by using telnet and manually adding them to the channel file which is named lamedb. I think you can also add PIDS using DreamboxEDit. Would help to know what PIDS are you wanting to add.

Megatron817
05-10-2018, 06:25 PM
30" multi sat dish aimed at 97w ku with 2nd lnb pulling in 103w ku 4 way discq switch, port 1 97w port 2 103w
a lot of radio on 103w has to have the pid's added manually.
I seen how to set up the antenna settings but there just were not any sats that i use.
I connected with open Webif ealier I think it said 11-23 -17 experimental was the firmware.

el bandido
05-10-2018, 06:32 PM
OK.

Do you understand how to use telnet and transfer files using FileZilla or other ftp program?

Do you understand how to flash the receiver or load an image (Main firmware)?

What is the resolution for your television? 1080p?

Megatron817
05-10-2018, 06:39 PM
NO
NO
My old ps3 plays 1080p fine but I just set the VU+ 4k to 720p for now.
Let me go to you tube see if I find any thing on the telenet and file zilla.
Thanks

el bandido
05-10-2018, 06:44 PM
You have given enough information to setup an image that will run. I will upload a file to the internet for you in probably 30-40 minutes. That should get you going.

el bandido
05-10-2018, 08:04 PM
(1) Download file in link.
(2) Put file on a good, usb stick or pen drive.
(3) Unzip or extract file once. This should give you a vuplus folder.
(4) Turn power off to Zero 4K using rocker switch on back of receiver.
(5) Insert usb stick with extracted file into the rear usb port. Power the receiver ON.
(6) The front Vu+ emblem or light will blink or flash slowly. Wait for the front light to blink or flash fast (usually 3-5 minutes).
(7) Power Off unit using rocker switch on back of the receiver and remove usb stick.
(8) Power ON using rocker switch and wait for receiver to boot. This should take no longer than 5 minutes.

After booting completes:
Press the green remote button once for the channel list, and twice to display the two satellites.
Use the radio or tv buttons on the remote to change between tv and radio channels.
The ip address in the receiver will need to be changed for your network.
Connect the receiver to the internet and set time zone for correct time display.

Note: The Zero 4K uses a force update. Remove the usb stick and delete the vuplus folder. You may save the zipped file as the receiver cannot "see" it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!X91jURaY!JDTup1vyby4bGpx0-dWQOk-lCpxLPuHvpIMvhweuz80

Megatron817
05-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Does the usb drive need to be formated fat32 or what?
Can't seem to get it to work.
Thanks

el bandido
05-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Does the usb drive need to be formated fat32 or what?
Can't seem to get it to work.
Thanks

What is not working???? I have no idea.

Let's see if what I gave you is a problem or if it is something you are doing. Mine might not work with what you have installed from the factory, but this one will.

Go Here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Download this: openpli-6.2-rc-vuzero4k-20180507_usb.zip

Extract the vuplus folder from that file and try to install it. You will need to delete or rename the other or the first vuplus folder on your usb stick. Do not get the vuplus folders confused as it is easy to do!

el bandido
05-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Video on Zero 4K flashing is in the link.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Megatron817
05-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Got that open pli 6.2 flashed but the first one you made is not working.
Thanks alot. going to call it a nite getting late.

el bandido
05-10-2018, 10:41 PM
Open pli 6.2 is what i sent you the first time. Try to reload it again and see if it will take it now. Should work.

el bandido
05-11-2018, 05:23 AM
Probably be easier to download and install this one:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]!v5tyxQ4A!ct0AXyy0j5jWABBD_dS2Bns7GeH1mAyKAD8rrIN 0tB0

(Do not get the vuplus folders confused! All image files will be in a vuplus folder.)

Megatron817
05-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Havn't tryed the other images but that open pli 6.2 had the north american sats in it.
Have 97w ku and 103w ku scanned in and and working great.
I really appreciate the help without it I wouldn't be where i am so far.
Now I need to learn to edit the channels and add sats/TP's and add pids.
This little box very cool.
Thanks again!

el bandido
05-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Very Good!
Have you got the pvr kit?

It is a good idea to learn how to back the image up. Doing this gives a restore point. Plus it keeps you from losing anything you have added or changed.

Megatron817
05-11-2018, 03:17 PM
I ordered with pvr kit and paid more for it but no kit came with it.
Can I just use an external hdd?

el bandido
05-11-2018, 03:31 PM
Unzip the attached file and put it on the hard drive or usb drive that you want to use for image backups. The attached file is nothing more than a blank text sheet named backupstick.txt. But this file has to be on the device that will have the image backed up.

Megatron817
05-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Successfuly used dreamset. Getting a handle on things and did learn how to edit the sat file for sat names and transponders.
Adding Pids not yet but I'll get it.

Megatron817
05-12-2018, 06:43 AM
Have all Radio Pids added with dreamset.Now got the music channels working on 103w ku.
Time consuming but alot easier than using a remote control.

el bandido
05-12-2018, 08:44 AM
It would be a good idea to back everything up now so you do not have to do all that manual entry stuff again.

rayydio
11-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Using satdreamgr 6...where is the satellite.xml file stored?

el bandido
11-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Satellites.xml is stored in most enigma2 images at /etc/tuxbox.
Modified satellites.xml files should be copied to /etc/enigma2. This is done so the modified satellites.xml file will not be overwritten during online updates.

Enigma2 will use satellites.xml first from /etc/enigma2. If no satellites.xml file is found in /etc/enigma2, then the file in /etc/tuxbox is used.

I think it is a good idea to Copy, then Modify the original satellites.xml that is in /etc/tuxbox. Place the modified copy in /etc/nigma2, and leave the original in /etc/tuxbox. Doing it this way makes life simple if there is a problem with the file that has been modified.

rayydio
11-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Have all Radio Pids added with dreamset.Now got the music channels working on 103w ku.
Time consuming but alot easier than using a remote control.

Hi...Is there an easier way than using dreamset? I can read the files from the box but I seem to have an issue with writing them back to the box. It's like for some reason they are not getting saved even though I'm getting confirmation on the box that files are being saved, etc. Oh I am using the latest OpenPli image if that makes any difference -

Megatron817
11-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Been awhile since I have used dreamset but the setup connection I used and worked back then was Enigma 2 ver. 4 (Telnet reload).
I'll put the Openpli image back on mine and test it and see if I have a problem with it.

Megatron817
11-09-2018, 06:47 PM
No problem here. I'm using dreamset 2.4.12 and windows 7.
Did not do a read and write just wrote my saved lamedb from awhile ago.

rayydio
11-09-2018, 08:00 PM
No problem here. I'm using dreamset 2.4.12 and windows 7.
Did not do a read and write just wrote my saved lamedb from awhile ago.

That's the same version I'm using...do I have to save the changes to the dreamset before writing to the box? I was just writing to the box without saving the file to dreamset -

Megatron817
11-09-2018, 09:09 PM
Yes save the changes. Might keep a copy of the first read in one folder then make a new folder for the changes.

el bandido
11-09-2018, 10:36 PM
I do not use channel editors much.
You guys probably know this, but I will say it anyway.

Editing is easier if you make a bouquet for each scanned satellite in Favorites. These bouquets should be made immediately when a new satellite is scanned.
Any channel edited or modified in favorites (bouquets) will maintain or keep the edits - even if the satellite is erased and rescanned. This assumes of course, that the unedited or original channel was found again during the rescan.

Try this for yourself if you have not already.

rayydio
11-10-2018, 11:22 AM
I do not use channel editors much.
You guys probably know this, but I will say it anyway.

Editing is easier if you make a bouquet for each scanned satellite in Favorites. These bouquets should be made immediately when a new satellite is scanned.
Any channel edited or modified in favorites (bouquets) will maintain or keep the edits - even if the satellite is erased and rescanned. This assumes of course, that the unedited or original channel was found again during the rescan.

Try this for yourself if you have not already.

Yes EB I have not tied this but did this morning. What I want to do is edit APID's on a 103W transponder for music channels. I don't see how I can do this without using a channel editor.

el bandido
11-10-2018, 04:40 PM
A channel Editor is probably easier for that, but you can also edit the file that contains the channel information.

It is a very good idea to back up the whole image after making manual edits. This saves a ton of time and aggravation if you ever need to restore or move the edited channels.

rayydio
11-10-2018, 05:39 PM
A channel Editor is probably easier for that, but you can also edit the file that contains the channel information.

It is a very good idea to back up the whole image after making manual edits. This saves a ton of time and aggravation if you ever need to restore or move the edited channels.

And the file that contains the channel information is located where? Have not found it yet - thanks

Megatron817
11-10-2018, 06:53 PM
Here's how I did mine. The three in front of the Apid for the service Id keeps the channels in order but you can do it what ever works for you. The provider can be left blank too.

el bandido
11-10-2018, 09:08 PM
The channel file is called lamedb, and it is located in etc/enigma2. There is also a lamedb5 in the same location that needs to be transferred out of the box and have all the information in the file erased. Then reinstall the empty lamedb5 back into the box along with your modified lamedb file. More information on doing that is here: [Only registered and activated users can see links](3-Participants)

What is posted above will be easier, especially for someone new to the enigma2 operating system.