PDA

View Full Version : How to flash Vu+ Zero 4K FTA Receiver (Video)

el bandido
06-21-2018, 07:47 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
06-21-2018, 07:49 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
06-21-2018, 07:53 PM
Attached is a .pdf file that explains how to flash the Vu+ Zero, which is about the same as flashing the Zero 4K.

Feel free to ask questions if you do not understand how to do this.

termite
06-22-2018, 12:49 PM
I downloaded openpli-6.2-release-vuzero4k-20180611_usb.zip from openpli.org, then unzipped it and copied the resulting vuplus directory to the root directory of a USB key. (It was a 2Gb, FAT16 key and I read later that it should have been 4Gb+ and FAT32, but it worked). Turned the Vu+ Zero 4K off, plugged the USB key in the back, turned it on and went off to have some coffee. About 10 minutes later I figured it was either bricked or done, turned it off, pulled the USB key, turned it on, and was greeted with a big OpenPli splash screen.

A big thanks to the programmers of Openpli for making everything so user friendly -- I didn't read any instructions for setting up and customizing the receiver; just fiddled within the existing menus.

Megatron817
06-22-2018, 02:13 PM
I downloaded openpli-6.2-release-vuzero4k-20180611_usb.zip from openpli.org, then unzipped it and copied the resulting vuplus directory to the root directory of a USB key. (It was a 2Gb, FAT16 key and I read later that it should have been 4Gb+ and FAT32, but it worked). Turned the Vu+ Zero 4K off, plugged the USB key in the back, turned it on and went off to have some coffee. About 10 minutes later I figured it was either bricked or done, turned it off, pulled the USB key, turned it on, and was greeted with a big OpenPli splash screen.

A big thanks to the programmers of Openpli for making everything so user friendly -- I didn't read any instructions for setting up and customizing the receiver; just fiddled within the existing menus.

There is a free program called aomei partition assistant that you can use to format the usb stick to fat32. All I have is a 256mb stick and it works fine, the image files are smaller than 256mb.
also Just to let you know my internet is a mifi so I use a universal WIFI Adapter, Netgear WNCE2001 and I power it with usb cable that came with it pluged in to a powered usb hub.