PDA

View Full Version : Technomate ku mesh dish

eastof111
09-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Spotted a sale on the WOS (world of Sats) site for a Technomate 97cm (38.1 inch) mesh ku dish. Thought what the heck, I would like to try it and emailed them to see what the total cost would be to my address. They replied quickly and informed me they do not sell dishes to U.S. customers.
Too bad, since I figured the shipping weight would be just a tad more than a Vu+ Duo2 receiver.

Continued searching other vendors in Euro land and have not had any replies to date. Should anyone come across a vendor that offers this dish and ships to the U.S., please let me know.

el bandido
09-21-2018, 02:18 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links] U

Postage:
£49.99 Parcelforce Global Express | See details
See details about international postage here.
help icon for delivery - opens a layer

Item location:
Sale, United Kingdom

Posts to:
Worldwide

Terryl
09-21-2018, 02:50 PM
I may know some peeps that would buy it for you, but shipping stateside could be the cost of 3 of them.

Do a UPS shipping quote for the size of the package and total weight, calculate it from London UK to your addy.

You also have to do US/UK customs and export/import forms, and these will cost you also.

el bandido
09-21-2018, 09:14 PM
The dish on EBay.uk is about $105.00 U.S. shipped and is the cheapest price including shipping that I can find right now.
I regularly buy products from vendors in other countries and I never have to worry with US/UK customs and export/import forms. These purchases are less than $750.00 U.S. per transaction, and are for personal use. The vendor or seller fills out the forms needed for shipping into the U.S. Larger transactions or items being shipped for resale will usually have some extra charges.

Private party is different, and I have to do the customs form which usually takes a minute or two when shipping something to Canada or other countries.

eastof111
09-21-2018, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys.... EB the site you posted is for a 80 cm dish... so I emailed the seller to see if he can get the 97 cm dish. Hopefully he can. I figure the shipping should be around $70-75 compared to the 80 cm at $65. Nice looking dish, would really like to compare it to the DTV dish I am using for 87 ku.

el bandido
09-22-2018, 06:00 AM
I do not know of anyone that makes a 97cm dish. Most likely, some fool is measuring a 90cm offset dish from top to bottom which is not correct. This is usually the case where you see a strange number for the dish size. Be sure to ask what is actually being measured before ordering.

el bandido
09-22-2018, 07:54 AM
Here is an example:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

90cm Solid Satellite Dish
Diameter: 97cm x 88m
Material: Zinc Phosphate Steel
Offset Angle: 26°
Frequency: 10.70-12.75GHz
Coating Finish: Polyester Powder
LNB Holder: 40mm
Colour: Dark Grey

Quite common to fudge or misrepresent satellite dish or any other fta specs.

filister
09-22-2018, 12:03 PM
Here is an example:

Quite common to fudge or misrepresent satellite dish or any other fta specs.

Yup, Your c&p of the features points out a typo on their part too. Supposedly a 90 cm effective aperture?

If that dish is 88 meters wide that is one hell of a toroidal dish.

eastof111
09-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Found another manufacturer of 97cm ku mesh dishes. Hopefully, they will lead me to a dealer that will ship to the U.S. The ebay vendor in earlier post above contacted me saying he only had the 80 cm available, but in solid format, not mesh.

el bandido
09-25-2018, 05:15 AM
The average fta lnb sees the satellite dish as a perfect circle. More material is added at the top and bottom of the offset dish so the lnb will not see the ground or area behind the dish. This is done because the lnb is offset, so the long axis of the offset dish will have extra length that is not illuminated by the lnb. The short axis is what is closer to the usable size for satellite reception.

From your link.
Small Axis Diameter
87 cm
Long Axis Diameter
97 cm

That dish is 3cm short of being a 90 cm dish. The usable area for satellite reception would not be 97cm.

Try Alibaba. I am sure they will have what you are looking for, but it is hard to find a vendor on that site who will ship a single dish (piece).

filister
09-25-2018, 06:55 AM
Ideally offset dishes are shaped like a plane slicing thru a circular parabola but most are only approximated by an ellipse as in the 2nd pic.

el bandido
10-01-2018, 08:18 PM
freetv.ie In Ireland sells mesh dishes. I have bought from these guys before and have been very happy with the way they do business.

Looks to be $125.00 for the 120cm including shipping.

el bandido
10-01-2018, 08:43 PM
The 120cm SAB mesh dish is really more or less a 1.1 meter dish.

Small AxisDiameter
106 cm ( 108,2 )

LongAxisDiameter
118,5 cm (120,6 )

This is what real 1.2 meter dish specs look like.

Horizontal Axis 120 cm (47.24 in)

Vertical Axis 135 cm (53.15 in)

Doubt you would notice the difference between a 1.1 and 1.2 meter dish, providing the hardware and lnb feeds are identical.

eastof111
10-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Ordered the 120 mesh, so will see how it compares to my ku DTV dishes which are smaller and built like tanks.

Technomate emailed me and said they would not advise ordering the 97 cm mesh because the shipping cost alone would be £227. I guess they don't want to promote business in the U.S.

SAB also emailed me with a retailer in Ireland that stocked the 97 cm mesh, but I never received a reply to my email requesting U.S. shipment.

eastof111
10-02-2018, 12:06 PM
Well, thought I had a winner here, but just checked my emails and got the following:

Tue 10/2/2018, 2:48 PM

hi

sorry we will have to cancel this order

as we cant guarantee that the satellite dish

traveling that distance will not get damaged

i have passed the paperwork to accounts to do a refund
--

Regards,

Neal.

Address: FreeTV.ie, Unit 6, Dublin Road Business Park, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 DP98.
Web: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
10-02-2018, 01:25 PM
I think they will ship it if you tell them you will accept responsibility for damage. Depends on what you want to do.

ViP3R
10-03-2018, 06:26 AM
A package can get damaged going one mile down the road or a thousand miles, just your luck. I used to work for purolator courier and seen many packages from China and the rest of the world ariive intact, but also seen packages from a few miles away damaged.

eastof111
10-03-2018, 02:34 PM
True... especially a light mesh dish that is not packaged properly for distant shipping. I did request in the comments section of the order cart that they pls pay extra attention to the packaging for the trip over the pond.

But the next day I received the email.

el bandido
10-03-2018, 07:49 PM
Try this one:

eastof111
10-04-2018, 12:36 AM
Thanks, had to email them, the cart didn't recognize U.S. location.... will see if they respond.

eastof111
10-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Latest.... would be convenient to have a Euro land vendor to handle U.S. requests without having to keep shopping around with unanswered emails as has been my experience in the past. Again, hoping for a positive answer.

Thu 10/4/2018, 8:43 PM
Hi

Can I ask you on what site are you ordering this dish and can you please send me the link for the page you are looking at. Once you send this information to me I can answer the question for you?

David
TV Tech

el bandido
10-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Send him a link to this thread along with the other info. Will not hurt.

eastof111
10-08-2018, 05:28 PM
I sent another email to David TV Tech, so far no response. Time to start shopping again for another dealer.

el bandido
10-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Freety.ie tells me that every dish they have sent here has been damaged. I assume other dealers have the same experience. Anyway, I will look for another one...

eastof111
10-10-2018, 12:25 PM
I was surprised to receive an email from Sab in the Netherlands yesterday, to which they indicated shipping mesh dishes to the U.S. was a possibility. I requested a quote for one 120 cm mesh dish minus the mounting pole delivered to my zip code.

I hope I didn't put them off by requesting a quote for only one unit. But should everything work out and the dish performs well, I will probably request four or five dishes later to replace my other fixed DTV ku dishes.

We'll see.......

el bandido
10-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Knock on doors till one opens!
It helps to tell them you need a sample sometimes. I am sure though, you or someone else will order more if it works out. I do not see any advantage to the mesh dish over a solid one when comparing signal strength.

eastof111
10-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Other than weight and mount locations, I don't either.

eastof111
10-16-2018, 01:26 AM
LOL......

Reminds me of how to succeed in Business 101 without really trying......

Since I didn't receive a response to my previous emails, I sent them another request for a quote.

Sent: dinsdag 16 oktober 2018 06:24
Subject: Re: New Contact Message

Yasemin Balekoglu,

I am guessing from no response received, that a one unit quote is insufficient to complete an order. Would five 120cm mesh units suffice for an order?

If so, please quote the total price with shipping included to ********* U.S.A.

Thank you for your time.

-----------------------------------------

At least I received a reply this time......

Tue 10/16/2018, 6:46 AM

GoodMorning,

Unfortunately five 120 cm mesh units are not sufficient for an order to U.S.
If you think to order more in pallets, we are more than happy to help you.

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

Yasemin Balekoglu

Sales & Marketing Executive

----------------------------
LOL........
:kissass3:

el bandido
10-16-2018, 05:10 AM
Try Here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

eastof111
10-16-2018, 03:46 PM
Thanks, but they were the first I contacted when they had a sale in progress. No go to U.S.

eastof111
10-22-2018, 05:05 PM
Looks like another op tried ordering a dish from the Ireland vendor and his order was rejected too. The op found a link to ebay for a Channel Master 84e glass dish with lnbf for $46 + shipping. So I offered $40 and it was accepted.

The shipping is expensive, but I don't want to waste any more time with the Euro suppliers.

This dish will replace my DTV AT9 dish for 87 ku which measures 29 x 25 inches and provides a 8.2-8.5 db signal on the LPB mux. The News Source mux comes in at 11.5db, so no problems there. The LPB mux always worked fine for the last four or five years at usually 10.0 db, but within the last eight months or so, the signal has dropped to the 8 db level or sometimes lower to even zero.

The 84e measures roughly 39.75w x 30h, so it should bring the LPB mux back to a normal signal for me.

In my neck of the woods, the 84e dishes are extremely rare on Craigs list. The DTV Slimlines are going for $40 to $90 and which are not as good as the old AT9's. So, quite happy the op posted the site for the 84e.

Delivery is for Nov 1st by donkey.

eastof111
11-02-2018, 02:57 AM
Well, thought I had a winner here, but just checked my emails and got the following:

Tue 10/2/2018, 2:48 PM

hi

sorry we will have to cancel this order

as we cant guarantee that the satellite dish

traveling that distance will not get damaged

i have passed the paperwork to accounts to do a refund
--

Regards,

Neal.

Address: FreeTV.ie, Unit 6, Dublin Road Business Park, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 DP98.
Web: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

After receiving a credit via email on 10-02-18, I totally forgot about it and thought the transaction was null and void. Today, received my Amex statement and there was a discrepancy of about 24 euros. Turns out they did not credit the shipping charges and transaction fees. I guess the (accounts dept.) assumed the shipping charges did not apply since the order was never shipped. Spent 50 minutes with Amex to correct the error and have the credit applied. I am guessing it was an honest mistake by the accounts dept. But, still a pita to get it rectified.