PDA

View Full Version : EPG with OpenATV-6.2

Megatron817
12-16-2018, 04:40 PM
Haven't checked out Openatv6.2 in awhile and didn't realise it had a better EPG than Openpli. But I think Openpli has a more stable picture. Atv has a slight tick or jitter on some channels. 15414

Megatron817
12-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Tried openatv 6.3 for the first time and it looks the same as openatv 6.2 but I can see an improvement in picture quality. I may stay with this version for now.
The blindscan is slower than openpli but I like the epg on this openatv.

Megatron817
12-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Well I couldn't do it had to go back to openpli.
Found how to get a better epg with openpli. still not as good as openatv but I can live with it.
With the remote Menu/setup/system/GUI Settings/EPG Settings, Location EPG Cache file Default= /hdd/epg.dat
I changed it to /media/usb rebooted and then it shows /media/usb/epg.dat
Now I get alot more EPG info and a long press of the EPG button shows a list of extensions. Choose Graphical Multi EPG.15425

Megatron817
12-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Found the Graphical multi EPG settings menu in openpli and got the EPG working just like openatv. Can't beleave I haven't found this months ago but it is kind of hidden. lol
While the graphical EPG is on the screen press menu twice and it brings up the settings.
I set the graphical epg as a hot key my yellow button brings it up.

MikeB
12-20-2018, 08:52 AM
Is this EPG only for OTA tv channels, or can it also grab info from TitanTv for instance for the particular FTA satellite channels a person can receive on their system, and is interested in?

Megatron817
12-20-2018, 02:00 PM
Is this EPG only for OTA tv channels, or can it also grab info from TitanTv for instance for the particular FTA satellite channels a person can receive on their system, and is interested in?
All I get is for OTA but from what i Read on the web there is a plugin called epg importer. Not sure how that works it may be for IPTV only. I my self can't do internet streaming i'm on limited data plan.

Megatron817
12-22-2018, 11:55 PM
Spent some time today with openatv trying to figure out why I get the jittery tick with the picture quality and nobody else has said anything about it so I desided it had to a video setting and My TV. I found the setting and got the problem fixed.Video basic settings turned off bypass HDMI EDID Check.15428

el bandido
12-23-2018, 12:01 AM
Very Good!
Having the refresh rate set to Auto has caused similar problems for me.