el bandido
12-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Discuss this Topic here.
File Link: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

voomvoom
12-12-2019, 02:23 PM
hello el bandito,
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Your post raised my interest to give it a try, only I can't find it?
I noticed in your screenshots the name OpenVision, do I need the OpenVision image to get dvbsnoop?
My mio 4k+ came from Brian with the TNAP2 loaded. If it is inside somewhere, can you help me find it?
Thanks...!
Al

el bandido
12-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Hello & Hope you enjoy the mio 4k+
Use telnet for dvbsnoop. No need to install anything. with this image.
Tune to a channel that is on a transponder you want to scan and then enter dvbsnoop -s pidscan

Here is another example:
Trying 10.42.0.59...
Connected to 10.42.0.59.
Escape character is '^]'.

TNAP-2 osmio4kplus

osmio4kplus login: root
Last login: Thu Dec 12 01:13:09 EST 2019 on pts/0
dvbsnoop V1.4.55 -- [Only registered and activated users can see links]

---------------------------------------------------------
Transponder PID-Scan...
---------------------------------------------------------

This assumes you understand basic telnet usage.

voomvoom
12-12-2019, 07:35 PM
I'm not getting any luck with this? I'm not so savvy with telnet....
Although, I have used telnet lots of times....
I have two programs I use for telnet. ACC (Azbox Control Center) and DCC (Dreambox Control Center)
No luck with either one? Here are snapshots of both: I'm thinking maybe I need a password? I used root for user, and from blank to almost everything for password?

el bandido
12-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Your second screenshot looks OK. It is a possibility that I did not install dvbsnoop???

Anyway the telnet login is root and the password is blank. So just enter root when you start telnet and it should log you in.
After telnet login, try to install dvbsnoop. Enter these two telnet commands for installation.
opkg update
opkg install dvbsnoop

voomvoom
12-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Thanks, still not there yet...

el bandido
12-12-2019, 09:20 PM
How long ago did you purchase this receiver?
Have you made any logins that require a password with the receiver such as facebook?

voomvoom
12-12-2019, 11:36 PM
How long ago did you purchase this receiver?
Ordered it Nov. 27, because of Thanksgiving, received it Dec. 4, started toying with it Dec. 5

Have you made any logins that require a password with the receiver such as facebook?
Don't do facebook or the likes. Have not been able to connect with/to my other receivers with it for my network movies from each of my other receivers. Don't use passwords with any of them. However I can access the mio through them. I have a WD NAS the mio will access, don't understand why it accesses the cloud but not the receivers?

Thanks again!
Al

el bandido
12-13-2019, 06:01 AM
You have an earlier version of the image that does not have dvbsnoop and will not allow you to add it.
Use FilleZilla or similar to access to the receiver's files. Transfer the enigma2 folder to your computer. The enigma2 folder that we need is located in /etc of the receiver. Zip the enigma2 folder folder and post it here. Doling this will make it easier as the image will need to be changed.

voomvoom
12-13-2019, 11:08 AM
OK, never zipped a file before, I think it's to large to load?

Thanks!

voomvoom
12-13-2019, 11:28 AM
Wouldn't it be easiest to load/replace the image I have with the newest version of TNAP-2?

Things I have changed on my own since getting started:
1st - I used dreamboxedit and loaded my list (I use with all my enigma2 receivers) onto the mio...
confusing me a little bit, but I got them working
2nd - I loaded Open PLI on slot 2
It works well....
Edit: but the open pli doesn't let me access the other receivers through the network either?

Al

el bandido
12-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Yes. You may reload the image with the latest TNAP-2, and dvbsnoop should work. You may also install dvbsnoop on the PLi image in slot2
The enigma2 folder that is located in /etc of the receiver contains your information for antenna setup and channels. You may get the enigma2 folder from your receiver, install the newer image, then delete the existing enigma2 folder in the newer image and replace it with yours. Doing it this way requires no setup on your part, except for deleting the original enigm2 folder, and installing yours. But before you can delete and install the folder, enigma2 operating system must be stopped in the receiver. You do this by telenet, using the command init 4. Transfer the folder, then restart the enigma2 system in the receiver using telnet command init 3.

It takes 3 files to successfully transfer channels. They are: lamedb, lamedb5, and the original satellites.xml file that was used to create the channel list. I suspect the TNAP satellites.xml was slightly different, and this is why you had problems with the channel list transfer. I prefer manually transferring files as opposed to using Dreambox Control Center or a Channel Editor because I like to see and control what is being transferred instead of having some program transfer the files for me.

You should be able to access the other receivers through the network, but you may have to set the proper share permissions for the folder(s) in the receiver(s) or computer(s) that you want to share. Doing a Network Search should provide a list of what is connected to the network as shown below.

voomvoom
12-13-2019, 02:31 PM
Where can I find the latest version of TNAP-2?
The one I see listed in Firmware folder has TNAP-2 multiboot.zip
Wouldn't I want to put a full.zip, if there is one? Onto slot1.

Thanks again!
Al

el bandido
12-13-2019, 02:38 PM
There are two types of images for the mio receivers. They are emmc and multiboot.
The emmc type image can only be loaded from usb and automatically installs into multiboot slot 1.
The multiboot image can be loaded using the receiver's men, and can be installed into any multiboot slot (1-4).
The multiboot image for TNAP-2 can be found in the link in post#1 of this thread.

voomvoom
12-13-2019, 03:02 PM
OK, so I will put the multiboot image for TNAP-2 on my slot 1.

And, to clarify my thinking, I assume it's not good to put an emmc image onto sots 2-4?
I have looked around for images for the mio and have found only 2 specific to multiboot (TNAP-2 & Open PLI)
Others I've found for the mio have been emmc or usb....
I also have an sf4008 & sf8008, for these there are images found specific for backup, which I have used on the multiboot...
That being said, I'm sure I have put regular images on the Octagon multiboots? Which at times has worked and other times crashed.
So, I guess the/my question is:
Is it OK to put a regular emmc image on multiboot slots 2-4?

Thanks,
Al

el bandido
12-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Multiboot for the Octagon receivers will probably be different than the mio receivers. So do not confuse the multiboot methods between the different models and brands. Multiboot Does work the same for the mio/mio+ receivers, To avoid confusion, we should only discuss multiboot for the mio+ in this particular thread.

The emmc image cannot be installed in any slot for the mio+ receiver except slot 1. The emmc image contains the information for all 4 slots so it can only be installed by usb into slot 1.

OpenVix, OpenAtv, and others are OE Alliance images. These image types will have the emmc and multiboot files in the same folder. This explains why these images are much larger. The emmc file may be included with an image that is to be installed in multiboot, provided the images for multiboot are also included. So OE Alliance images may be loaded as emmc or as multiboot. I usually delete the emmc image from the OE alliance before sending them to the downloaded_images folder that is required for PLi based multiboot installs.

el bandido
12-13-2019, 03:36 PM
Here are the files that are included with an OpenVix image download:

The emmc.img file is for usb loading into slot1.
The image version file contains information about this particular image.
The kernel.bin file is used by the emmc image and the multiboot image, so it is common to both.
The noforce file gives you the option to load the emmc image or not. Change this file name to force, and the emmc image will automatically load when the usb is inserted into the receiver is Rebooted or the receiver's power is removed, then re-applied.
The rootfs.tar.bz2 is for multiboot, and is not needed for emmc installation.
The splash.bin file will remove the Edision logo that you see at first boot, and replace it with a logo for OpenVix that will be seen at boot by every image in the multiboot slots. This splash.bin file can cause confusion to some users and may be deleted if desired.

el bandido
12-13-2019, 07:41 PM
It looks like your import may have messed up some of the antenna settings? We can probably straighten them out, but if they work for you like that, then maybe we should not mess with them. Would need to know how your satellite antennas are set up and the switching details to straighten it out.

TNAP images have a satellites.xml file in the /etc/enigma2 folder. The enigma2 folder you sent does not have a satellites.xml file in it. There is also a sf4008 file in your enigma2 folder which should not be in there for use with the mio+

If all you want is dvbsnoop to work, then I can install your files in an updated image and upload it. Or you may do the same thing.

voomvoom
12-14-2019, 01:18 PM
It looks like your import may have messed up some of the antenna settings? We can probably straighten them out, but if they work for you like that, then maybe we should not mess with them. Would need to know how your satellite antennas are set up and the switching details to straighten it out.I'm happy with my sat list, it's working OK for me. As far as setup, I use dual lnb's with multi-switches and 1x8 diseqc switches, but I'm OK with how it's working for me.

Thanks,
Al

voomvoom
12-14-2019, 01:26 PM
TNAP images have a satellites.xml file in the /etc/enigma2 folder. The enigma2 folder you sent does not have a satellites.xml file in it. There is also a sf4008 file in your enigma2 folder which should not be in there for use with the mio+As I mentioned in post #10 above, I had a problem getting the enigma2 file to upload to the forum, Thinking it might be a file size problem, I removed the timers.xml file 1st and it still would not upload, then I removed the satellite.xml file and tried again, then it loaded. Don't know that the file size was the problem, but it loaded on the 3rd attempt? The 2 files I removed are in the enigma2 file. When I renoved them, I saved them in a new folder. I've thried several times to upload that zipped file to this thread and it's not happening? No need to put them in a new built enigma2 folder, cause they are in the one on the mio. So....

Thanks,
Al

voomvoom
12-14-2019, 01:29 PM
If all you want is dvbsnoop to work, then I can install your files in an updated image and upload it. Or you may do the same thing.This exchange of info between us started with wanting to tinker with dvbsnoop and getting it to work, which will be great. My plan from here is to load the newer TNAP-2 image onto slot 1. I'm sure that will be a game changer for this project? Will do that when I know I have a few hours of no distractions and I'm sure it will take only a few minutes, but I have a few other commitments to take care of and don't want to have to leave in the middle of it. So I will likely get to it in the morning (Sunday). Will get back here with how that works out for me..!!!

Thanks,
Al

el bandido
12-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Excellent!
I see the other files that were missing now. Thanks.

It might be a good idea to remove the Octagon file form your enigma2 folder if this file is also in the receiver. It is not a good idea to have that in there.

If you have problems in the future, then the first thing to do will be to fix your settings because they are corrupted or entered wrong.

voomvoom
12-14-2019, 01:54 PM
It has to be in there, cause the enigma2 file came from the mio.
I assume it got there when I imported the list with the DCC program
The list in the DCC came from one of my octagons, likely the sf4008

I'll wait and see how the newer image does, if it's still there, then I'll remove it...

Thanks,
Al

voomvoom
12-15-2019, 09:36 AM
I'll wait and see how the newer image does, if it's still there, then I'll remove it...

Thanks,
Al
Thank you so much el bandito..!!!!!
I have loaded TNAP-2 (newest) onto slot 1
I have become a happier camper
dvbsnoop is now working: (this is from NASA UHD on 101w)

marcos17
01-02-2020, 05:51 PM
good night and happy new year there is some way to have a copy of the image that comes from the factory with the stb I bought the edition of mine 4k and the image I recorded was damaged before I could see it on my tv and now only go on tv 4k and before if you saw him I put different images and nothing. thanks

el bandido
01-02-2020, 07:16 PM
Who did you buy the receiver from? It sounds like you are having some sort of setup issue.

marcos17
01-03-2020, 06:50 PM
hello the bandido.
good night as I can put the image of TNAP2 on my receiver because without wanting to delete it and now I want to mount it again.thanks and you checking and that image does not bring the force and does not run.thanks for all the help.

marcos17
01-04-2020, 05:44 PM
I bought it in titanium satellite what happened was that I started to try other images that almost all have the same problem are programmed for 50 hz. that brought from factory.thanks

marcos17
01-04-2020, 05:49 PM
by chance you save if there is any program for the receiver edision os mio 4k like that of dreambox to organize the satellite lists by the computer.

el bandido
01-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Almost any enigma2 channel editor will work with the MIO receivers, such as DreamboxEDIT, and E Channelizer.

To solve the 50 Hz problem, connect the MIO to a network, then type the ip of the MIO into a web browser. Doing this will give you the Web Interface, which will allow you to set the receiver up.