PDA

View Full Version : Delete Image

WaMan
01-17-2020, 07:03 PM
Does it profit any to delete images, from any of the 4 slots
If so, how do I go about it
I know You can flash over with something else.

el bandido
01-17-2020, 07:30 PM
You can delete the image on a slot using telnet. OpenVix also gives the opportunity to delete an image. But as for the receiver running, and receiver performance, it will not matter if all 4 slots are empty or filled. So really nothing gained or lost by deleting an image unless you are just wanting to clean up a bit.

WaMan
01-17-2020, 08:06 PM
Thanks for quick reply, one more ? and I will go back to flashing:D

My box came with tnap image, when it booted boot screen had north American project
I know , I should have backed up first .
I have backed up slot one now with backup suite

I flashed over slot one with Satdreamgr, download from here, thought it was tnap
It don't seem to have the north American project boot screen.
Can I download that image somewhere

el bandido
01-17-2020, 08:10 PM
What SatDreamGr image did you download from here? You have me confused.

WaMan
01-17-2020, 09:10 PM
I think it was from this link

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

el bandido
01-17-2020, 11:37 PM
That image will have The North American Project or TNAP boot screen.
TNAP is a modded version of SatDreamGr.

WaMan
01-17-2020, 11:54 PM
Now I'm confused, LOL When I put this download in my receiver to flash, I see several multiboot images , just with different dates
it was created. Do all of them have the The North American Project boot, mine boots to satdreamgr logo , sorry I'm just confused

Megatron817
01-18-2020, 07:50 AM
Now I'm confused, LOL When I put this download in my receiver to flash, I see several multiboot images , just with different dates
it was created. Do all of them have the The North American Project boot, mine boots to satdreamgr logo , sorry I'm just confused
I think all the images you see with different dates are the online satdreamgr files.You need the Tnap zipped file in a folder named downloaded_images and that is where you will find it.

el bandido
01-18-2020, 08:26 AM

Post some screenshots so we can see what you are talking about.

WaMan
01-18-2020, 12:38 PM

I formatted stick to fat 32, dropped zip file into a folder named downloaded_images, right clicked folder and pasted on usb
I've tried 3 different usb sticks, all say no displayable medium found

Megatron817
01-18-2020, 01:10 PM
The no displayable media is normal.
Try open removable drive after a format then create folder downloaded_images and then put the Tnap zipped file in folder.

WaMan
01-18-2020, 03:01 PM
I finally got it, I never could get it to work on my windows pc. always did with my vu-zero
I downloaded Tnap on my Linux mint machine, It worked , file showed up
Thanks