PDA

View Full Version : TNAP Skins

el bandido
03-17-2020, 07:34 PM
There are many different skins available for installation in TNAP-3 images. Some of these skins will work better than others, and some skins are older than others. Just because a skin is new does not mean it is great, and just because a skin is old does not make it a poor performer.

Most of the newer skins ( 5 years old or less) will have more features, and will usually display a bit better than older skins. Many skins have dependencies, and will not have all available features unless these dependencies such as weather plugins and bit rate plugins are installed.

Some skins may not be loaded together or exist at the same time on a receiver. This is due to the skins having the same or similar files, and enigma2 will not normally overwrite an existing file unless specifically instructed to do so.

Skins can cause issues in the receiver which may include crashing of enigma2, freezing of keys, blank screens,boot-looping, and/or loss of receiver control. The skins that are available in TNAP-3 images have been tested to boot and work. It may be possible that one day a skin gives problems where none existed before, so it is Highly Suggested to perform a full backup of the existing image before installing any skins. There are several ways to delete or disable a problem skin, but having a full image backup that can be immediately restored is the best to have.

Skins may be displayed and discussed in this thread. If you have questions, ask them before installing anything. EB

el bandido
03-17-2020, 07:40 PM
AeonFHD_MOD

The AeonFHD_MOD skin does not have every feature that is available, but I think it is put together well.

el bandido
03-17-2020, 07:44 PM
BASIC-HD

The BASIC-HD is an older, simple skin. This skin functions well, is very light on receiver resources, and is easy to read.

el bandido
03-17-2020, 08:06 PM
Blue_Shadow_FHD

Blue Shadow is an advanced skin that has several features. Many will find that this is a nice skin to have, and will enjoy the way it displays. Currently Blue Shadow will not display a channel number in the MIO/MIO+ receivers. The receiver display is blank where a channel number or channel information would normally be shown. This is a minor nuisance at best, and will probably be hardly noticed by most users.

stephan94
03-18-2020, 01:20 AM
Hallo El Bandido
Unfortunately we cannot see the screenshot you put :cry:

here are some screenshoot of Blue_Shadow_FHD

stephan94
03-31-2020, 10:25 AM
The skin skin-pingunavybluefhd_2_OpenPLi allows a lot of settings

MCelliotG
04-01-2020, 01:00 PM
And 60mb file size, full of converters and renderers some of which replace system files and so on... Of course not entire the author's fault but whoever's modded it...

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

el bandido
04-01-2020, 08:45 PM
Pingu is a great skin for the MIO4K receivers. It runs without any issues that I can find, and the majority of its file size is in /usr/share enigma2.
Pingu does have many customized files that are loaded into the receiver, but whoever made them seems to have great knowledge of the enigma2 system.

chewie
04-01-2020, 10:54 PM
Hallo El Bandido
Unfortunately we cannot see the screenshot you put :cry:

here are some screenshoot of Blue_Shadow_FHD

I install this skin in the open PLI image and the Weather MSN does not work, it does not show in the skin page. just squares with N/A in it, any ideas.
Please let me know.'
Regards.'
Chewie

stephan94
04-02-2020, 01:36 AM
I install this skin in the open PLI image and the Weather MSN does not work, it does not show in the skin page. just squares with N/A in it, any ideas.
Please let me know.'
Regards.'
Chewie

Hello
Maybe this explanation will help you?
You must have loaded the plugins first
enigma2-plugin-extensions-weather_msn_1.2-r1_all
otherwise it does not work.
properly set the skin setting.
put the folder unzip
AnimatedWeatherPixmap
in
/ usr / share / enigma2
and it must work

let me know what is not working (with pictures if possible)

good luck

MCelliotG
04-02-2020, 05:24 AM
You must see if the Weather info is updated within the plugin first. Their service has some problems lately and you have to reboot it to get it working. You can do that by going back to the settings and save again!

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

chewie
04-02-2020, 09:01 PM
Hello
Maybe this explanation will help you?
You must have loaded the plugins first
enigma2-plugin-extensions-weather_msn_1.2-r1_all
otherwise it does not work.
properly set the skin setting.
put the folder unzip
AnimatedWeatherPixmap
in
/ usr / share / enigma2
and it must work

let me know what is not working (with pictures if possible)

good luck

thanks for the information Stephan, I follow your directions but it did not work.

chewie
04-02-2020, 09:30 PM
EB, the TNAP-3 for the osmiok- plus includes all these nice skins?
If it does I would like to load this image to the osmio4k-plus, I haven't been following these threads, where can I find the image file?
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Chewie

stephan94
04-02-2020, 11:43 PM
thanks for the information Stephan, I follow your directions but it did not work.

Hello chewie,
I allow myself to ask this question:
have you entered your city data in the MSN plugin?
when you call MSN, do you have the correct weather forecast for your city?

I don't know if we can continue this conversation here or start a help topic ??
we can ask el bandido what he thinks.

el bandido
04-03-2020, 05:34 AM
The weather works for me.
But the box needs to be rebooted after several hours to refresh the weather.
And of course my MSN weather plugin is set for Atlanta.

16734 <-----------> 16736

chewie
04-03-2020, 11:40 AM
Hello All
I have everything set-up just like you, I am wondering if I have the same skin plugin as you, last night I found another skin with different version and the 2 versions I have they are not the same for the same skin, can you post you post your skin plugin file so I can try it.
Maybe we should start a Thread for Enigma 2 skins that work with images like VIX, OPENPLI, OPENSPA, and other images.
Let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
04-03-2020, 03:56 PM
Let's figure this one out and try to fix it before worrying about other images such as Vix, OpenSpa...etc.

Go in your Plugins menu and press the red remote button. Then highlight and scroll through extensions until you see the MSN weather plugin. See if it has the exact same number as mine. (1.2-r1)

chewie
04-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Hello EB
Here is the skin and the MSN plugin
Regards.
Chewie

el bandido
04-03-2020, 09:54 PM
Do you have the blue shadow Plugin configured like this?

What other skins do you have loaded in the receiver? Mine can be seen below.

Really these skins could use some more work. The skins that give the weather all seem to get the weather report differently. Maybe they should be fixed to all work the same, which would cut down on confusion, Weather reports should refresh about once per hour in order to stay accurate or up to date.

stephan94
04-04-2020, 12:33 AM
Hello chewie.
I think you have an old version (on your screenshot the name is not the same)
look what i have (screenshot)
You can try to load the latest version of blueShadow (2.25)
before, of course, remove the one that is currently on your receiver.
Tell me if it works better afterwards

good luck

chewie
04-04-2020, 12:36 PM
Hello Guys
I was not getting the blueOther settings screen, I install the blue-showdown version 2.25 that Stephan provided, and now I get the screen.
First I uploaded the MSN weather plugin and it look like this, after I enter my location it has all my location information.

chewie
04-04-2020, 12:47 PM
after I installed the Skin Plugin, it looks like the MSN screen lost most of the information.

chewie
04-04-2020, 12:52 PM
I deleted the PLI image and started fresh but it is the same scenario, for some reason the skin plugin removes the information on The MSN plugin, I try different sequences of uploading the plugins but no change.
I wonder if openPLi image should be set to slot# 1.
Regards.

chewie
04-04-2020, 01:48 PM
well, I re-installed the MSN weather plugin that I down loaded last month and now I get the weather on the skin, I am not sure what goes on the upper portion of the second bar.

el bandido
04-04-2020, 02:34 PM
EPG goes in the upper portion of the second info bar.

chewie
04-06-2020, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all the help.
Regards.
Chewie

stephan94
04-10-2020, 08:18 AM
I read that Navyblue is going to be replaced by cobaltfhd

I tried it; it works well on TNAP after some adaptations

here are some pictures of this skin which offers a lot of choices to put the skin to your taste.

el bandido
04-11-2020, 11:29 PM
The Cobaltfhd skin is very nice, and fun to use because of the many different features that it has.
Cobaltfhd could really use some additional work, so it is labeled as "experimental" in our feeds

Thanks for finding this skin!

To update the feeds in the receiver, run Software update, which is: Menu--->Setup--->Software update or run opkg update in terminal.

Note:
To install this skin, you will first need to delete all other skins except the Pli skin. To delete skin plugins or other plugins, go to the plugins menu and press the red remote button. Doing this will give you the plugin removal menu.

stephan94
04-23-2020, 12:27 AM
AeonFHD-MOD has just been updated (openPLI-r2.22)
with improvements
and it is available in feeds / skins.

el bandido
04-23-2020, 05:59 PM
All AeonFHD-MOD improvements have been added. Run software update or opkg update in terminal.

Thanks Stephan!

navagator
08-21-2020, 05:22 PM
The Cobaltfhd skin is very nice, and fun to use because of the many different features that it has.
Cobaltfhd could really use some additional work, so it is labeled as "experimental" in our feeds

Thanks for finding this skin!

To update the feeds in the receiver, run Software update, which is: Menu--->Setup--->Software update or run opkg update in terminal.

Note:
To install this skin, you will first need to delete all other skins except the Pli skin. To delete skin plugins or other plugins, go to the plugins menu and press the red remote button. Doing this will give you the plugin removal menu.

I can't get this skin to install. I'm running TNAP 3.2 on my OS MIO 4k and uninstalled all skins but the Pli skin and the Emergency skin, I can't find a way to uninstall the Emergency skin.

When I try to install it it tells me that there is no packages installed or something on that order. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks

el bandido
08-23-2020, 07:21 PM
When a skin fails to install the first time, it will display the reason it did not install.
When a skin that has failed to install previously is installed again, it will give the no packages installed message.

Telnet may be used to force install some things, and at times, telnet will give more information about what is happening. The receiver does not tell us much about skin or plugin installs except for the first install attempt.

A complete image backup should be made before installing skins as a precaution. If you have a backup, reload it and go through the process of installing Cobaltfhd again. Except this time, remove bitrate viewer under extensions in the plugin removal section. Remove the Glamour skin and any other skin that you have installed. The PLi skin may stay and does not need to be deleted. After these removals have been done, install Cobaltfhd. Let me know if you have any issues.

stephan94
08-24-2020, 12:49 AM
the Pli skin and the Emergency skin, I can't find a way to uninstall the Emergency skin.
When I try to install it it tells me that there is no packages installed or something on that order. Is there anything else I need to do?

Hello

There is also a plugin that can help uninstall: IPK-uninstaller
you can not only uninstall the plugin (you can do it using the plugin browser / quick menu), but also all kinds of packages.
it may not be something that every user needs, but if so, you can install it yourself.
You have to be careful when using this plugin, you have to know what you are doing.

wish you have a nice day and keep healthy

el bandido
08-24-2020, 08:09 PM
Always make a full image backup before installing anything.

If a skin fails to install, the reason why will be listed as seen below.

If you try to reinstall the skin, you may get this message:

The easiest way out of this is to:
(1) Make notes of why the skin failed to install.
(2) Load the backup image that was made before the skin was installed.
(3) Remove the packages or items that caused the skin installation failure.
(4) Install the skin and carefully check for errors .

Here is a successful install:

There are ways to do this without installing the backup image, but you will need to understand the basic receiver files, be able to use telnet, and have notepad++ or equivalent installed in your computer.

navagator
08-25-2020, 12:16 AM
Always make a full image backup before installing anything.

If a skin fails to install, the reason why will be listed as seen below.

If you try to reinstall the skin, you may get this message:

The easiest way out of this is to:
(1) Make notes of why the skin failed to install.
(2) Load the backup image that was made before the skin was installed.
(3) Remove the packages or items that caused the skin installation failure.
(4) Install the skin and carefully check for errors .

Here is a successful install:

There are ways to do this without installing the backup image, but you will need to understand the basic receiver files, be able to use telnet, and have notepad++ or equivalent installed in your computer.

Unfortunately I made a new backup after I tried to install Cobalt. Could I just install a fresh multiboot version of TNAP 3.2 and then try again? I currently have TNAP 3.2 in both slots 1 and 2. I could load a fresh version in slot 2 and try to install Cobalt in that slot. I currently use Blue Shadow FHD in slot 1 and I'm pretty happy with it. I plan to load a different image of some kind in slot 2 eventually.

Thank you for your help.

el bandido
08-25-2020, 05:05 AM
Yes, you can do that. OR you can fix the current image if you understand the use of telnet and can edit a simple text file.

The Cobaltfhd skin is complex. Some modifications were done so we could use it. At some point in the future, I would like to do more mods to make this skin easier to load.

navagator
08-27-2020, 06:34 PM
I went ahead and installed a new version of 3.2 and followed your instructions and it installed fine. I believe I prefer the Blue Shadow though, it's a little easier for me to see. The text seems to be a little bit smaller on the Cobalt skin.

Thank you for your help.