PDA

View Full Version : E2 LNB Configuration For Pair Of WR75 Ku LNB's On Orthomode ?

clubfoot
12-15-2020, 12:02 PM
Hi,

This is more of a general E2 image question but it probably equally applies to TNAP. If I have posted in the wrong section could an admin please move to the correct section?
I have a pair of Ku-Band single probe LNB's on a WR75 orthomode. The pair of LNB's have a single LO of 10700 MHz and frequency range of 11650 to 12750 Mhz

If I use the Universal LNB setting (LO1 = 9750, LO2 = 10600, Threshhold = 11700) in the E2 LNB configuration menu I can scan and register frequencies OK but understandably they are reported as 100MHz too low.
If I use the user defined LNB setting in the E2 LNB configuration menu I cannot get the scan to register any frequencies with various permutations of LO1, LO2 and threshold.

Would anyone please be able to advise me what the correct settings are in the E2 LNB configuration menu for these LNB's?
I tried the circular LNB option from the configuration menu and it registers the frequencies as 50MHz out.

Any advice most appreciated.
Thx

el bandido
12-15-2020, 02:20 PM
The receiver should be restarted (rebooted) or at the very minimum, enigma2 should be restarted anytime antenna settings are changed. The receiver restart is needed to activate the changes.
Enigma2 defines a Circular lnb as having a L.O. of 10750 MHz.
User defined settings may be used for a lnb with a L.O. of 10700. The settings shown below work for me. Note that I have 22KHz set to ON. These same settings should work for you.

clubfoot
12-15-2020, 05:00 PM
The receiver should be restarted (rebooted) or at the very minimum, enigma2 should be restarted anytime antenna settings are changed. The receiver restart is needed to activate the changes.
Enigma2 defines a Circular lnb as having a L.O. of 10750 MHz.
User defined settings may be used for a lnb with a L.O. of 10700. The settings shown below work for me. Note that I have 22KHz set to ON. These same settings should work for you.

Thank you for your reply, I will give it a try and post the results.
The circular LNB setting was 50MHz out which agrees with the definition you listed above.

One point I forgot to include earlier is that there is a multiswitch in line between the E2 receiver and the LNB but I do not think this has any impact on the LNB configuration in the E2 receiver?

el bandido
12-15-2020, 05:26 PM
A multi-switch was "assumed". I use these switches on both c and ku bands. A multiswitch seems to be largely misunderstood in the fta community.

clubfoot
12-16-2020, 10:18 AM
No luck, it did not work.
I rebooted the receiver after setting the LNB configs before scanning.

el bandido
12-16-2020, 11:25 AM
What image are you running?

clubfoot
12-16-2020, 11:47 AM
What image are you running?

Open ViX at the moment.

el bandido
12-16-2020, 12:22 PM
All of the information I give you will be based on TNAP images. Load the latest TNAP-4 and it should work.

OpenVix is a great image, and it should also work on it. But I do not currently have that image loaded, and it is possible that changes have been made to the blindscan plugin that disables User defined blindscan.

For TNAP-4, the code is in the blindscan plugin to run user defined in blindscan as shown below:
(Define the parameters)

elif self.user_defined_lnb_scan:
temp_start_int_freq = self.blindscan_start_frequency.value - self.universal_lo_freq["low"]
temp_end_int_freq = self.blindscan_stop_frequency.value - self.universal_lo_freq["low"]
status_box_start_freq = self.blindscan_start_frequency.value + (self.user_defined_lnb_lo_freq - self.universal_lo_freq["low"])
status_box_end_freq = self.blindscan_stop_frequency.value + (self.user_defined_lnb_lo_freq - self.universal_lo_freq["low"])

(Perform the needed math)

if self.user_defined_lnb_scan:
x = 0
for transponders in tplist:
tplist[x].frequency = tplist[x].frequency + ((self.user_defined_lnb_lo_freq - self.universal_lo_freq["low"])*multiplier)
x += 1
x = 0

The same or similar stuff should be in the Vix Blindscan plugin. But work could have been done that disabled it. I simply do not know. But I do know this works in TNAP-4.

el bandido
12-16-2020, 12:26 PM
You may also got to the Vix forum and ask for User defined to be fixed.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

clubfoot
12-16-2020, 12:57 PM
Thank you for your reply.

Is there a TNAP image for an Octagon SF8008 satellite receiver?

el bandido
12-16-2020, 06:27 PM
TNAP Does Not support Octagon. Sorry.
I do not have that receiver, and it is not a good idea to build images when you cannot test them.