PDA

View Full Version : TNAP-4 Images for OSMIO4K - 20201221 - Discussion

el bandido
12-20-2020, 10:58 PM
Discuss this Topic here.

Link To Files: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Titanium
12-21-2020, 05:03 PM
Thank you El Bandido for a great update!

eelstrebor
12-27-2020, 05:00 PM
I don't know if I found a bug but when I blind scanned 101W all vertical transponders except for the ones below 3800 were found. Horizontal transponders and services scanned in just fine. Then I tried scanning using the manual scan feature and I was able to scan in the missing vertical transponders and services (i.e. H&I East and West, Start TV East and West, MeTV, MeTV Alt, Decades, and Movies!) on 101W. Near as I can tell, this only happens on 101W.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I've noticed that the osmio4k turns off all by itself on occasion. I was moving through the menus and suddenly the box turned off. I don't remember this happening with TNAP 3.2.

el bandido
12-27-2020, 05:38 PM
A blindscan of 101w seems normal to me, and the complete results are attached. Maybe check your receiver and/or dish alignment?

I have been running different versions of TNAP-4 for months. There was nothing added to the version 4 image that would make the receiver turn off for no reason, and I have not seen or heard of anyone experiencing this problem. Have you added any new devices lately? It is possible another device in the home that uses infrared is causing your receiver to turn off.

navagator
12-29-2020, 09:39 PM
My signal strength (SNR) for OTA stations shows about 20 to 30 percent stronger with TNAP 4, has anyone else noticed this? I usually show a signal strength in the lower 70s on my local AntennaTV feed when using TNAP 3.2 but on TNAP 4 it's in the upper 90s.

MikeB
12-30-2020, 10:47 AM
My signal strength (SNR) for OTA stations shows about 20 to 30 percent stronger with TNAP 4, has anyone else noticed this? I usually show a signal strength in the lower 70s on my local AntennaTV feed when using TNAP 3.2 but on TNAP 4 it's in the upper 90s.

What does your tv set show for the same channels? Regardless, ALL signal strengths for ALL devices aren't really calibrated to any particular agreed standard. For instance, my Tivo Roamio shows 72% maximum signal strength on OTA stations that are actually 100%. In that case, it's a known firmware bug they just can't/won't fix.

Terryl
12-30-2020, 11:52 AM
My signal strength (SNR) for OTA stations shows about 20 to 30 percent stronger with TNAP 4, has anyone else noticed this? I usually show a signal strength in the lower 70s on my local AntennaTV feed when using TNAP 3.2 but on TNAP 4 it's in the upper 90s.Signal strength and SNR are measured two different ways, SNR is usually used for audio measurements, this SNR is measured with a known calibrated RF signal from an RF generator for 100 % RF saturation of the receivers RF tuner at 100% audio output with a dual tone audio signal, then the audio is muted at the generator, the remaining audio noise is the SNR value measured in dB, so an SNR of -75 dB would be good.

Now true RF signal strength of any RF receiver is usually measured at the tuners RSSI output voltage from the RF decoder chip, this is usually a milli-volt level DC voltage, the receivers internal software takes this voltage as it is applied into an A to D converter and gives you some sort of signal indication on the screen,

So lets say a 100 mV RF input would equal to 100% of signal input (S reading on the screen), reducing the signal by 10 mV the software would say that 90 mV RSSI would equal 90% S, 80 mV would equal 80% S and so forth.

So in reality the S reading does not mean very much as far as a calibrated RF signal measurement, it could vary as much as 10% between receivers using different versions of software.

Now if you could find the RSSI voltage output of the tuners and be able to accurately measure it, then you would have a true comparison between two different receivers/software's.

eelstrebor
01-01-2021, 02:00 PM
I don't know if I found a bug but when I blind scanned 101W all vertical transponders except for the ones below 3800 were found. Horizontal transponders and services scanned in just fine. Then I tried scanning using the manual scan feature and I was able to scan in the missing vertical transponders and services (i.e. H&I East and West, Start TV East and West, MeTV, MeTV Alt, Decades, and Movies!) on 101W. Near as I can tell, this only happens on 101W.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I've noticed that the osmio4k turns off all by itself on occasion. I was moving through the menus and suddenly the box turned off. I don't remember this happening with TNAP 3.2.

I just wanted to confirm that the blind scan on 101W is a bug. I just flashed my other box that is connected to a different antenna and the same issue exists with it. I'm getting 13 dB SNR on this antenna (KTI CKD-12) while the other antenna (TEK2000 12 footer) is getting 17.5 dB SNR.

Turns out that I had the same problem on 105W for transponders under 3800. 14 dB SNR on 3712V.

brct203
01-01-2021, 04:30 PM
Happy New Year! Thanks El Bandido for this update! Looks nice and installed without any problem. Now I'm trying to enable T2MI (for the channels on 40.5W) like I had done on TNAP 3.2, I installed the "t2mi module" plugin and rebooted, but it's not working (does not detect the T2mi services) and when I go to Information-About it still shows that the kernel is 5.90 (no T2MI). Am I missing something or it is not possible to enable T2MI on that version?

el bandido
01-01-2021, 09:58 PM
I just wanted to confirm that the blind scan on 101W is a bug. I just flashed my other box that is connected to a different antenna and the same issue exists with it. I'm getting 13 dB SNR on this antenna (KTI CKD-12) while the other antenna (TEK2000 12 footer) is getting 17.5 dB SNR.

Turns out that I had the same problem on 105W for transponders under 3800. 14 dB SNR on 3712V.

There is no blindscan bug that I can see or where I can find anyone else in the world reporting that transponders below 3800 MHz cannot be found in a Blindscan. TNAP-4 uses the same binary file to activate blindscan as the rest of the world uses. The blindscan binary file is provided by Edision and is closed source. The same blindscan binary file is used in ALL images that support Edision MIO/MIO+ blindscan.

The Blindscan plugin acts as an interface for the blindscan binary file. Scan parameters can be set in the Blindscan plugin, and sets the blindscan binary scan parameters. There is not really a way to set a couple of satellites to not Blindscan below 3800 MHz. It could be done with some fancy coding, but that is about the only way. Some entries in the Blindscan plugin are remembered, and others are not. For example, the symbol rate values will be stored in the Blindscan plugin once a scan has started, but the c band frequencies will not.

These are the transponders that are returned for me tonight for 105w:

My Blindscan plugin is set like this:

TNAP images record what is found in a blindscan and makes a report of the scan. Records may give a clue as to what the problem or issue for your particular system is, but they cannot be seen unless they are uploaded here as an attachment. Scan reports will default to the receivers /tmp folder. Scan reports can be saved in usb drive that is attached to the receiver if a folder named "ServiceScan" is created on the usb Or hdd drive. This is what a Scan Report looks like when viewed using notepad++:

I will be glad to assist you with any problems you may have, but really I have no clue on your blindscan issues without some kind of information that can be looked at and studied. Just guessing at what the problem may be, I would say you have changed the Blindscan plugin settings from default, which is causing you to miss transponders.

el bandido
01-01-2021, 10:06 PM
Happy New Year! Thanks El Bandido for this update! Looks nice and installed without any problem. Now I'm trying to enable T2MI (for the channels on 40.5W) like I had done on TNAP 3.2, I installed the "t2mi module" plugin and rebooted, but it's not working (does not detect the T2mi services) and when I go to Information-About it still shows that the kernel is 5.90 (no T2MI). Am I missing something or it is not possible to enable T2MI on that version?

You should find this error has been fixed. Unfortunately, you will have to reload the image to get this feature to work. I made a mistake in building the .ipk files for the T2MI/Non-T2MI plugins. This mistake set the plugin where it did not install, and where you cannot delete it! So reloading the image is needed to fix it.
You may reload TNAP-4 using the Flash image menu. Insert a good usb drive into the recievr and select the correct slot that says "with backup". Make sure TNAP-4 is running in the reciver when you do this, else the backup will be from the image you are currently using. My apologies for the mistake.

brct203
01-02-2021, 08:37 AM
That worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

eelstrebor
01-02-2021, 12:55 PM
Here's what I got on a scan of 101W this morning. As you can see, it's missing some transponders under 3800.

el bandido
01-02-2021, 02:35 PM
You want to discuss your scan of 101w by showing scans of 105w????
Anyway, there is a bit of information in your photos that points to your problems.
(1) Your web interface is polling every 3 seconds, which can and will cause issues if you try to use the receiver while the web interface is polling. Make sure the web interface is closed when not in use, and make sure the web interface is closed when scanning.
(2) Frequencies at or near the bottom threshold may be missed in Blindscan. Default Low and High frequencies are set for maximum returns during Blindscan. They do not have to be set or changed by the user.

Attached are a few scan reports for 101w. The lowest return of transponders during a scan was with web interface open. and polling every 3 seconds. The Blindscan returned 18 transponders.
The next lowest was 19 transponders, with the start frequency set to 3700 MHz. This setting caused the transponders close to 3700 to be missed, and could be considered a "bug" that has been known about for some time. Similar "bugs" can be found when changing the combination of scan frequencies or the symbol rates.

Finally, for the 105w satellite, I see nothing wrong. Your blindscan returned 32 transponders for 105w, which is the exact same number I get. Most likely, you did this scan without changing the default scan frequencies.

17102 <---------> 17103

eelstrebor
01-02-2021, 04:19 PM
You want to discuss your scan of 101w by showing scans of 105w????

I'm having this issue on both 101W and 105W. I just chose to illustrate the problem with 101W.

Anyway, there is a bit of information in your photos that points to your problems.
(1) Your web interface is polling every 3 seconds, which can and will cause issues if you try to use the receiver while the web interface is polling. Make sure the web interface is closed when not in use, and make sure the web interface is closed when scanning.

Never was a problem with TNAP 3.2.

(2) Frequencies at or near the bottom threshold may be missed in Blindscan. Default Low and High frequencies are set for maximum returns during Blindscan. They do not have to be set or changed by the user.

I tried the scan with both the default (3200 MHz) and with 3700 MHZ for the low limit. I didn't have any issues using 3700-4200 on TNAP 3.2.

el bandido
01-02-2021, 04:44 PM
Your Blindscan found 32 transponders on 105w, which is exactly the same number I get. What is the problem with 105w???

In post #3 of this thread, you say you do not get any transponders below 3800 on 101w. Can you do a few Blindscans of 101w and/or any other satellite you are having trouble with? After the Blindscans are finished, collect the scan reports, zip them up and post them? The scan reports are designed to analyze problems. Why not use them?

As a different solution, and without doing any other tests, reload Tnap 3.2 and use it? This seems logical as it works correctly for you.

eelstrebor
01-02-2021, 06:20 PM
Your Blindscan found 32 transponders on 105w, which is exactly the same number I get. What is the problem with 105w???

In post #3 of this thread, you say you do not get any transponders below 3800 on 101w. Can you do a few Blindscans of 101w and/or any other satellite you are having trouble with? After the Blindscans are finished, collect the scan reports, zip them up and post them? The scan reports are designed to analyze problems. Why not use them?

As a different solution, and without doing any other tests, reload Tnap 3.2 and use it? This seems logical as it works correctly for you.

It got the transponders but wouldn't scan in the services on transponders below 3800 MHz. A manual scan of each transponder picked up the services.

el bandido
01-02-2021, 08:05 PM
If I was not confused before, I am now.
First, we have this in post#3:

I don't know if I found a bug but when I blind scanned 101W all vertical transponders except for the ones below 3800 were found. Horizontal transponders and services scanned in just fine.
Reading the above quote, I would assume that we are missing the vertical transponders below 3800 MHz in a Blindscan.
Then this in post#13:

Here's what I got on a scan of 101W this morning. As you can see, it's missing some transponders under 3800.
3 Pictures are included with post#13. None of them show any transponders missing. None of them show a scan of 101w.

Now we have this:

It got the transponders but wouldn't scan in the services on transponders below 3800 MHz. A manual scan of each transponder picked up the services.
There are no scan logs or anything to go along with this except for 3 pictures in post #13 that more or less show nothing wrong. And no one else reports having this problem. Scan reports may/may not show a pattern, but none have been provided. The only thing we have are three pictures which show nothing wrong...

The TNAP-4 Blindscan/ServiceScan has been shown to work. It is aggravating to have incomplete scans, but I see no way to fix this or even study your scan issue without some useful information. It is highly unlikely there could be image issues that cause only two satellites to have scan issues.

Besides manual scanning. there is really nothing else to do except maybe revert to TNAP-3.2 since that image works correctly for you.

el bandido
01-03-2021, 11:29 AM
I tried the scan with both the default (3200 MHz) and with 3700 MHZ for the low limit. I didn't have any issues using 3700-4200 on TNAP 3.2.

TNAP-3.2 and TNAP-4 have the Exact Same issue when the Blindscan is started at 3700.
The first transponder found is at 3733 on 101w when the start frequency is set to 3700 with TNAP-3.2 or TNAP-4.
The first transponder found is at 3704 on 101w when the start frequency is set to 3200 or 3400 with TNAP-3.2 or TNAP-4.
TNAP-3.2 scan reports for 101w are attached if you care to look.

The scan start and stop frequencies probably need to be removed from TNAP Blindscan plugin for the Mio/Mio+ receivers. Changing these values might make a precious few seconds difference in scan times, but changing the scan start/stop values accomplishes little if anything else. It is probably better to set the start/stop frequencies for maximum return for a particular band, then delete the start/stop entries from the plugin menu.

17104 <--------> 17105

From the above screencaps, we can see the following:
(1) The tp Blindscan time for the 3400 start frequency is 1 minute, seven seconds.
(2) The tp Blindscan time for the 3700 start frequency is 58 seconds.
(3) There are 9 seconds of time difference between the 3400 and 3700 start frequency settings
(4) Three transponders are lost when using the 3700 start frequency.
(5) The 9 second time difference is a mute point when considering 3 transponders were not scanned in the 3700 start frequency setting.

stephan94
01-03-2021, 11:54 AM
The scan start and stop frequencies probably need to be removed from TNAP Blindscan plugin for the Mio/Mio+ receivers.

Hello
I'm not in favor of removing the blindscan limits on the MIO (+)
I find it very useful both in KU band and KA band.
I don't find it embarrassing that the limits are approximate, you just need to know
Good evening and happy new year 2021 and stay healthy

stephan94

el bandido
01-03-2021, 12:33 PM
Executable files pretty much have the most rights of any file in the receiver.
Running multiple executable files at the same time may cause issues or problems that would not normally be seen.
Some common executable files in the enigma2 receiver are:
WEBif
NTP Time
Blindscan

The Mio/Mio+ receivers could be considered to be miniature computers. The Mio/Mio+ receivers do not have a complete set of resources that would be found on the average home computer. The user that limits the amount of executable files being ran at one time may have less problems as compared to the user running multiple files that are executable. Here are the permissions of the 3 common executable files mentioned above:
17107 17108

Your console output will look like this when polling the webif every 3 seconds:
[eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /usr/bin/grab

Let's say we start a blindscan while the webif is polling every 3 seconds. Then we have 2 executable files running.
Let's say the time is set to poll every five minutes, and it polls in the middle of the blindscan. Then we would have 3 executable files running for a short period.

Users that have the least amount of executable files running at the same time can be expected to have less issues or problems when compared to users that run multiple executable files at the same time. Blindscan is a fragile process, and it does not take much to disrupt it.

If you understand how your receiver works and use good judgement, you should have less problems or issues with it.

clubfoot
01-06-2021, 09:35 AM
Is there a file available to download that can be placed on a USB stick to flash the most recent multiboot image version of TNAP4?
The multiboot file in the image section is with a date before the new fix was implemented.

el bandido
01-06-2021, 03:38 PM
What date are you talking about?
What fix are you talking about?
What is the build date of your image in the receiver? (See Menu--->About)
Thanks.

clubfoot
01-07-2021, 12:58 PM
What date are you talking about?
What fix are you talking about?
What is the build date of your image in the receiver? (See Menu--->About)
Thanks.

I am referring to the fix that you said was implemented in the last week regarding the plugin that was not configured correctly. You refer to it in post 11, page 2 of this topic
I downloaded the multiboot file from the image topic and if I unpack it to check the file dates they are dated 22nd December 2020, dated before the fix you referred to above.

I have the TNAP-4 test image on my mio 4K at the moment and wished to update it to the latest release version.

el bandido
01-07-2021, 02:04 PM
Maybe we can sort this confusion. But we need to discuss or understand how the system works.
There are images that are installed in the receiver.
There are Plugins that are installed in the receiver.
Images and Plugins are two separate things. But an image may contain Plugins.

Images can be updated
Plugins can be updated.
Updating an image does not necessarily update the Plugins because Plugins and images are pretty much two separate things. You can update the Plugins without having to change or physically update the entire image.

Plugins for images that are used at home can be installed on a computer in the home, provided the Plugin Folders are configured for the receiver to use them.
TNAP Plugins are uploaded to a server, so almost anyone can use them. The Plugins for TNAP may be updated or changed without updating or changing the entire image. However, the Plugins List in the receiver needs to be updated so the receiver will know Exactly what is available on the Plugin Server.

To update the TNAP Plugins List in the receiver, run software update, which is: Menu--->Setup--->Software update. Or in terminal type opkg update . Doing either one of these options simply updates the Plugin list for your receiver. A Plugin list is created when the image is installed in the receiver on the first boot that has an internet connection. So if the Plugins on the internet server change, the receiver may not be able to "see" them until the Plugins list is updated (Menu--->Setup--->Software update).

For the issue mentioned in post#11, The two plugins were built wrong, which allowed the Plugins to be installed in the receiver, but would not allow them to be easily deleted from the receiver. This is why reinstalling the image was suggested. These two plugins are fixed now, so updating the Plugins List (Menu--->Setup--->Software update) will ensure that your receiver can "see" them in the Downloadable plugins(Menu--->Plugins--->Press Green Remote Button). If either of these bad Plugins were installed before they were fixed, then a reinstall of the image should fix them.

Reinstalling a TNAP-4 image is easy, providing the receiver is connected to the internet. To Reinstall with internet connection:
(1) Insert usb drive in the receiver that has a decent amount of space on it.
(2) Select the Proper image from Flash image (Menu--->Setup--->Flash image).
(3) Select the proper slot, with backup
(4) Start the image Flash.

This automatic reinstall procedure usually takes around 5 minutes. All you need to do at this point is wait for the receiver to reboot and reinstall the backup, which may or may not include downloading items from the internet. If a slot is selected that does not have "with backup", then no backup will be downloaded from the receiver. However, an older or previous backup may be installed if one is available in the receiver usb or hdd drives.

el bandido
01-07-2021, 07:43 PM
I have attached a couple of files that are used to determine what Plugins are available, and how the Plugins that are available compare to those that are in the receiver. Almost all of the updates for the image can be in .ipk, which is the common Plugin format.

Here is our example:

Package: enigma2-plugin-extra-no-t2mi-module
Version: 5.9.0
Description: no-t2mi kernel module
Section: devel
Priority: optional
Maintainer: devs
License: CLOSED
Architecture: all
OE:
Source:
Size: 79230
Filename: enigma2-plugin-extra-no-t2mi-module_5.9.0_all.ipk
MD5sum: d11a4f31ac95b3f37eb9209fff0896d5
SHA256sum: 9b89b6d614f620658a1701cffd1a34a87455c9ffc249c8543a a6f56c435a5310
If I open a Plugin up and change some files or modify it, then the SHA256sum and/or MD5sum values may change. The receiver has a Plugin list(s) that contains the MD5sum values. You may view these lists in /var/lib/opkg/lists of the receiver files.

This is why when you update, add, or change a Plugin, Software update needs to be ran in the receiver.
If we want to update the entire image, we build it, delete the current .ipk files that are on the server, then upload all of the updated ipk files to the server. To see the updates, run Software update in the receiver.
If we want to update Plugins only, we build them, upload the desired Plugins (.ipk files) to the server. To see the updates, run Software update in the receiver.

More or less, all software update does is read the Plugin list(s) from the server, and compare the list(s) to what is supposed to be loaded in the receiver. If a new version of a Plugin is available, then Software update will list the update(s) and gives the user the option to update.

MikeB
02-16-2021, 10:36 AM
Has anybody been able to get the Freearhey 1.7 plugin from the feed (in Extensions) to work on the latest TNAP 4.0 update? I just (2/16/21) did a "Software Update" to the latest updates, which loaded, rebooted, and seem to be successful. I then tried to load the Freearhey plugin and when you go into it, it just shows the top splash screen with nothing else. There's no iptv feeds that show. If you hit the green button, it brings up a fault screen, which says it'll reboot the receiver, which it then does.

I uninstalled it for now, as it's not critical for me for it to work, BUT, it is on the feeds, and doesn't seem to work.

el bandido
02-16-2021, 11:05 AM
Run Software update, then install the 1.8 version in feeds.
The 1.7 version should be deleted from the feeds. I will try to remember that.

MikeB
02-16-2021, 11:29 AM
Run Software update, then install the 1.8 version in feeds.
The 1.7 version should be deleted from the feeds. I will try to remember that.

That one works, thanks!

MikeB
02-16-2021, 12:20 PM
Well, the Export function still doesn't work with 1.8. It doesn't cause a lockup like 1.7, it just doesn't do anything as far as I can tell, but I guess it's not critical.

el bandido
02-16-2021, 01:24 PM
Downgrade to 1.4.
First, Update the feeds by running software update (Menu--->Setup--->Software update).
Next, uninstall freearhey 1.8.
Then install freearhey 1.4.

Let us know how that works.

MikeB
02-16-2021, 02:04 PM
Downgrade to 1.4.
First, Update the feeds by running software update (Menu--->Setup--->Software update).
Next, uninstall freearhey 1.8.
Then install freearhey 1.4.

Let us know how that works.

Ok, have now done all that, and also included a full REBOOT after installing Freearhey 1.4. However, even though I selected what said was Freearhey 1.4, the package it installs is also called Freearhey 1.8, and the Export button still doesn't work.

MikeB
02-16-2021, 03:32 PM
All right, I tried again. I removed Freearhey, rebooted, then updated the feeds, downloaded Freearhey 1.4, power-plug pull rebooted, and now I for sure have Freearhey 1.4. Export now works, or at least it asked me "do you want to convert United States to Favorites.tv" I confirmed that, and something happened. However, I'm now not sure how to find that "Favorites.tv"? It isn't in the user bouquets, and I'm not sure where it is. Well, there IS a "Favourites (TV)" bouquet, but there's nothing inside it?

el bandido
02-17-2021, 09:57 AM
The freearhey plugin has issues that will be hard to fix because the plugin code is encrypted. The creator of this plucin does not have time to fix it right now it seems.

pa28pilot
03-14-2021, 11:09 AM
Just as an aside, I'd be careful using a TiVo as a benchmark. It seems that their tuner front ends have some desense problems (or something) in the presence of strong signal strengths. I know that sometimes I have to use attenuators if I connect a TiVo to a FiOS ONT, because they hate it when the signal is too strong. If their OTA tuner is anything like their QAM tuner for CATV, it's probably fine as long as you're not in the near field of the transmitter.

el bandido
04-14-2021, 09:54 PM
Online updates are available for the TNAP Edision MIO receivers. These updates are routine and include some changes to the time files, and Gstreamer updates. There may be over 100 updates shown, but most of them are small files.

It is advised to backup the image before updating it!
A good Internet connection is also needed.

17173 17174

17175 17176

As always, Download files and updates at your own risk!

These updates have been tested to work several different times on the Mio/Mio4k+ receivers. The Mip Mini 4k has not been tested but is expected to work without issue.

el bandido
04-28-2021, 09:05 AM
Kernel updates to 5.12 will be available soon, provided testing is OK.

el bandido
05-05-2021, 02:18 PM
Updates to kernel 5.12 are available in Software update. Be sure to make a complete backup of the image before installing these updates.

It may be easier to flash the image.
Updated images are available under Flash image.
Put a good usb stick in the receiver.
Select the TNAP 4 image.
Select the slot you want to flash with backup. Press the OK button.
In 5 -10 minutes, the process will be complete.
No need for any input from the user after the flash image process is started.

el bandido
06-01-2021, 09:32 PM
New drivers will be uploaded soon and will be available as online updates. These new drivers have a few changes that seem to make blind scanning better. This new driver is T2MI capable.

Some feedback on how these drivers work would be nice. This is the first time a T2MI driver has been loaded into TNAP. Previous T2MI drivers have mixed the channels on transponders that are around 4 MHz apart, have the same polarity, and have a similar symbol rate.

Here is what I have found using these new drivers:

Previous drivers had a few MHz of space before a transponder could be logged. For example, If there was a transponder on 3700 MHz then the blindscan would need to be started below 3700 MHz in order to find it.
A blindscan of 40.5w started at 3625 MHz. The first transponder was found at 3626 MHz.
17199 <------------> 17200

A blindscan of 117w c band returned 50 transponders.
17201 <------------> 17202

The only problem I have found so far is the multi-stream transponders may be logged Many times
Here are the scan results for 91w ku that returned over 100 streams for transponder 11920H.

I will show some more scan results below. There was not much activity on 95w c band tonight. I will do more tests for this satellite later in the week. No mixing of channels that I can see.

el bandido
06-01-2021, 10:42 PM
Updates for this driver are available online by running Software update. Making a complete backup of the image before updating is suggested.

stephan94
06-02-2021, 08:41 AM
Hello El Bandido,
I do not understand very well .
I just made an online update for the driver
(I unplugged the MIO4K after 20 minutes because it was left with the update message without restarting itself)
after reconnecting the MIO4K it has restarted normally and in the information appears with the driver 2021 01 07
and the 5.9.0 kernel ??
it's amazing
why the update is not done ?if it doesn't work online, how can i do it by myself?

stephan94

el bandido
06-02-2021, 09:07 AM
There is no 5.9 kernel on the TNAP-4 server, so try flashing the image. Do this:

Backup your settings
Put Good Blank or Empty usb drive in the receiver
Select Flash image in the receiver (Menu--->Setup--->Flash image).
Select the Tnap-4 06-02-2021 and press the OK button on the remote.
Select the correct image slot (with backup). Press the OK buitton on the remote.
Wait 5-10 minutes for the image to flash and restore settings.

stephan94
06-02-2021, 11:42 AM
Thank you so much ,
it worked perfectly.
I was with the first version of Tnap 4.0
that's why it didn't work.
have a good day

But as I understand it now T2MI works all the time?
it is no longer necessary to switch from "NoT2MI" to "T2MI"
like we did before.

el bandido
06-02-2021, 11:45 AM
Correct.
These are T2MI Drivers.

el bandido
06-02-2021, 12:00 PM
Thank you so much ,
it worked perfectly.
I was with the first version of Tnap 4.0
that's why it didn't work.
have a good day

But as I understand it now T2MI works all the time?
it is no longer necessary to switch from "NoT2MI" to "T2MI"
like we did before.

Be sure to remove any T2MI or Non-T2MI plugins before flashing. If you have installed these plugins and do not remove them, then system restore will Install them again.
To remove plugins:
Menu---> then press red remote button (see below).

Delete the T2MI and Non-T2Mi then re-flash the image. On your About page, It looks like you flashed the image with the Non-T2MI plugin installed and system restore installed it!

stephan94
06-02-2021, 12:20 PM
It's annoying I just reinstalled everything, including the plugins or skins that are not recognized by the MIO4K
is it really essential?
when I uninstall the "NOT2MI" the "T2MI" appears next to Kernel version 5.12
and we cannot uninstall it or else it is removed but the indication next to 5.12 is still there

on the other hand the blindscan always works well (including with the small sr close to each other)

el bandido
06-02-2021, 01:29 PM
The indication next to 5.12 is still there because the "About" file has not been changed. I will fix that later, and will update the extra T2MI plugin later today. The T2MI driver that is in the extra feeds now is the old T2MI driver and should be removed.

MrJames
07-26-2021, 07:38 PM
Is the update server OK? I just reinstalled TNAP 4.0 from the last multiboot image to (hopefully) fix the problem of the time reverting to 1970 (that at least four people other than me on SatelliteGuys are having since the last update) and when I tried to update from the network again, after rebooting it was still only indicating TNAP 2021-02-20 and Enigma2 2021-02-14. I tried the network update again and this time it only downloaded one more file, but when rebooting it got stuck on "boot". I pulled the power and it booted normally, but still only on the un-updated version. I also note that the kernel version still says NO-T2MI. Before my prior re-load to fix the wifi, I had a system fully updated to this month or last, including the latest T2MI driver. I haven't done anything different.

MikeB
07-26-2021, 08:36 PM
Is the update server OK? I just reinstalled TNAP 4.0 from the last multiboot image to (hopefully) fix the problem of the time reverting to 1970 (that at least four people other than me on SatelliteGuys are having since the last update) and when I tried to update from the network again, after rebooting it was still only indicating TNAP 2021-02-20 and Enigma2 2021-02-14. I tried the network update again and this time it only downloaded one more file, but when rebooting it got stuck on "boot". I pulled the power and it booted normally, but still only on the un-updated version. I also note that the kernel version still says NO-T2MI. Before my prior re-load to fix the wifi, I had a system fully updated to this month or last, including the latest T2MI driver. I haven't done anything different.

I can't answer your question, but I am one of the people with TNAP 4.0, where NTP time suddenly is not keeping proper time anymore. I finally gave up on that, and am now using transponder time, specifically, the Bars & Tone channel on AFN 3900 V DVB-S2 8psk 27500 2/3 as a startup service. It now once again keeps perfect time using that.

I believe that NTP time is for some reason, suddenly not working right only IF you keep your Mio in Standby, when you aren't specifically using it. Not sure why it's doing that again all of a sudden, as I haven't updated my Mio for a couple months.

I have full view of my Mio's front screen while sitting in my living room chair, and I could see the clock suddenly change to a totally random time for NO REASON. This only happened while it was in Standby mode. It might happen multiple times a day, then not happen for a while. Oh, and my Mio is hardwired to my router, which is only 2 feet away from it, and my router keeps perfect time.

This is the image I am using:

el bandido
07-26-2021, 09:43 PM
Anything about the operations of TNAP that is discussed at SatelliteGuys or other forums may not be seen or known about! It is hard enough to keep up with one forum. Searching the Internet for issues with TNAP is not a good option. Post any complaints, suggestions, or comments that you want to be known about the operations of TNAP on this site because this is where the image is assembled.

The best thing to do before doing any updates or upgrades is to make a full image backup using the backupsuite plugin. Doing this makes sense because it gives a complete restore point. If you cannot backup the whole image, at least backup and save the settings.

Loading a TNAP image dated 2021-02-20 then trying to update it online would most likely result in failure. There were several hundred package changes between what was available in 2021-02-20, and what is on the server now. A lot of things changed in 4 months. It is a good idea to flash to a newer image and not try to update a several month old image online. You can expect failure when you do this.

Images from May are available in the forum. These images should work well, and should not have any time issues. Links to these images are below.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

There is a test image on the server that can be flashed. Since it is a Test image, it may not work the way you would like. I do not suggest flashing it.

What is on the TNAP 4.0 server should work fine with the May image that is available for downloading in the forums. A newer version of TNAP should be available in the next few weeks.

el bandido
07-26-2021, 09:57 PM
The SystemTime was probably the most misunderstood item in TNAP. The Edision MIO receivers have an excellent Real Time Clock or RTC. My tests have shown the RTC in the MIO receivers do not need to be synced more than once a week. Syncing the time every 5 minutes using the SystemTime plugin may cause more problems than it solves --especially since the RTC in the MIO receivers works well.

The SystemTime Plugin was eliminated some time ago (last quarter for 2020). This plugin stayed in TNAP, and at one point may have caused time issues for some because of coding conflicts. The SystemTime Plugin will be deleted in TNAP 4.1 because its features are embedded in the image. Hopefully this will cause less confusion about how to set the receiver up so it will keep correct time.

Here is how I had SystemTime set:

This is what the next TNAP will have:

This image should be available soon.

MrJames
07-27-2021, 03:19 PM
Loading a TNAP image dated 2021-02-20 then trying to update it online would most likely result in failure. There were several hundred package changes between what was available in 2021-02-20, and what is on the server now. A lot of things changed in 4 months. It is a good idea to flash to a newer image and not try to update a several month old image online. You can expect failure when you do this.

Images from May are available in the forum.

OK, this one was definitely my fault! I thought I had put the May image on the USB stick I was using to flash, but it was the older one. I was looking at the date on the USB force install version, not the multiboot version.

MrJames
07-27-2021, 03:24 PM
The SystemTime was probably the most misunderstood item in TNAP. The Edision MIO receivers have an excellent Real Time Clock or RTC. My tests have shown the RTC in the MIO receivers do not need to be synced more than once a week. Syncing the time every 5 minutes using the SystemTime plugin may cause more problems than it solves --especially since the RTC in the MIO receivers works well.

The SystemTime Plugin was eliminated some time ago (last quarter for 2020). This plugin stayed in TNAP, and at one point may have caused time issues for some because of coding conflicts. The SystemTime Plugin will be deleted in TNAP 4.1 because its features are embedded in the image. Hopefully this will cause less confusion about how to set the receiver up so it will keep correct time.

I wasn't syncing it every 5 minutes, I was only syncing it once a day. Even so, any time (since the last online update) I put the receiver into standby, the time would reset to January 1970 at some apparently-random time from a few minutes to a few hours later.

The only thing I see different between your settings and mine is that I had "NTP cold start" set to On instead of Off.

el bandido
07-29-2021, 06:23 PM
It looks like there have been two changes in the TNAP dvb time files. The first change fixed some problems that had existed for some months or years, while the second change which was around May 2021 probably allowed some problems to creep back in. A lot of users in other parts of the world set the time using transponder instead of internet. Transponder time in North America is "Hit or Miss" with it working great for some users, but creating problems for other users.

The biggest difference in time between a normal home computer and the MIO fta receiver is the home computer has a battery to help with time syncs during reboots, sleep mode, restarts, or power failures. The MIO does not have a battery, so it needs to be time-synced during restarts. We will see about changing the dvb time files again to fix the problems that have been discussed here in the past few days.

It is important to remember that TNAP is put together at this forum. If you have problem(s) and do not list them here, then it may be some months or even longer before any attempt is made to fix the problem.

cyberham
08-07-2021, 10:56 AM
Downloaded this morning and now running TNAP 4.1. I will switch to standby when not using my Mio+ to see if the time is kept accurately. Time for me was always accurate for me with TNAP4.0 except when I switched to standby.

Added: Within an hour, the time on the front of the Mio+ had jumped many hours. I switched on the receiver and it seemed to correct itself without my doing anything. I am changing the Time Synchronization Method from Auto to Internet (NTP). My Internet is very reliable. Let's see if this helps.

cyberham
08-07-2021, 04:45 PM
I noticed the time was wrong again. So I turned on the receiver. The date shows Wednesday, December 31, 1969. So the clock issue seems not to be fixed unless there is some other configuration that needs to be changed. I will just leave the receiver on for now so the time remains accurate.

One new problem with this image is that the menu to force a time update has been removed. So I now have no way to force an immediate time update other than to restart the receiver.

el bandido
08-07-2021, 07:17 PM
Please post about TNAP 4.1 Here::[Only registered and activated users can see links]

This thread is for TNAP 4.0.

Thanks.

stephan94
08-08-2021, 02:05 AM
Hello el bandido
I haven't sent a message for a very long time because I moved.
Now I am starting over.
I just noticed that T2MI no longer works and that there is no longer the possibility (as in the old versions) to load the T2MI plugin.
Is there a solution?
This is the version I'm working with:
have a good day
stephan94

stephan94
08-11-2021, 08:13 AM
Hello El bandido
after updating TNAP 4.0 using the "software update" method
T2MIs are now working perfectly.
only side effect after the update;
when calling up version information in MIo4K
we get a nice green screen error ?!

Have a good day

Stephan94

el bandido
08-11-2021, 08:39 AM
When the T2MI drivers are changed using the plugins, the About page is also changed. So the About page needs to be updated in the T2MI-Non-T2MI plugins...

stephan94
08-11-2021, 12:57 PM
excuse me
but I don't quite understand what you mean.:hmmm:
Where is my mistake?
what should I do to fix it?

el bandido
08-11-2021, 01:00 PM
The T2MI plugins have been updated and sent to the 4.0 server. Do a Software update (Menu--->Setup--->Software update), then uninstall and reinstall the T2MI plugin. Doing this should fix the About page.

stephan94
08-12-2021, 12:01 AM
Hello ,
Thanks for the explanation .
Unfortunately despite a new update the problem is still there, still this green screen.
(not a big deal if the only problem is not being able to call the info)
luckily version 4.1 is there and works perfectly.

stephan94
10-23-2022, 07:48 AM
Hello
I still have on my MIO4K ( multiboot) the version 4.0 of TNAP ( as reference)
I wanted to reinstall the Plugin extra T2MI module .
it is not possible anymore
here is what I get as an answer .
Is it a mistake ? is it possible to have it again ?

el bandido
10-23-2022, 08:08 AM
The TNAP4.0 feeds have been removed as there are later versions. The plugins you want are attached and can be installed manually.

ArloG
12-18-2022, 02:16 PM
Hi guys. I have a few questions in general.
First. Is it me being a hardhead?
How many flash TNAP and go through the initial setup and are up and running fluidly in a very short time?
I'm being nice here. So if you could. Please do the same.

What's the sense? The thinking that goes into mapping remote buttons to migrate from using a regular, everyday tv remote to a whole world of conflusteration?
I mean. Even hitting the help button to show me the out-of-box keymapping for a quick start is kinda' not there.
Now mind you I've been an openatv user for a long time. No reason. It's just what came in the first receiver I used. A Zgemma H7.AC.

For months I've been using openvix. Why? some guy was whining that opentv didn't have serviced on a transponder displayed in Signal Finder. Remember that one EB?
Once I tried it. It's pretty cool.
Now i can plant discovered tp's in the satellites.xml. Restart the GUI. And peek at what is in the existing and newly entered tp's and decide if it's worth even cluttering as scan or waiting for a long time to find out that they are all encrypted. Right?
Openatv lacks that. TNAP has it.

Well. I had an issue in vix recently where watching a particular channel in 4:3 format. Heading over the the Video rc button took me to the media folder on my hdd.
A duplicate of what a normal person would think should be the Media button. Which some brain trust duped.
Setup>Video setting were glitchy. And limited.
Anyway once a dude over at satelliteguys saw the same thing. He assisted in getting the Video button to do what it....should!....cycle between letterbox, panscan, scale.
Verbiage in atv is a bit different. But the same things happen.
Not vix. The 4:3 format video had what you would expect. Black bordering.
It gets deeper. The vix forum addressing the issue got denials, my tv is not setup right, its me, all sorts of crap.
Brits. Arrogant. Thank God for Lucas Electrics.
Anyway. Once I got the format button to function. Them 4:3 video would go letterbox, full screen. For a few seconds. It constantly toggled back to 4:3. Back and forth. And forth and back.
Openatv? Nope. Letterbox and full screen works. And "sticks". It's only a few channels that do this.

So off to TNAP world. Oh my god. It was flashed in a slot. Upgraded. And my previous channel list flashed in it along with my custom satellite.xml.
The good thing? That channel displayed perfectly in any selection I chose. And it stuck like that. Just like openatv.
*Ding* A strike against the vix team.

Seat belts fastened.

1) How in the heck do I change channels in a semi intelligent, the 4 way up/down?
Don't tell me that everyone using TNAP fires it up and don't end up in a ball of confusion until they learn after a few hours or days how to navigate the simple things.
I want to change a channel. How about going to the epg and simply scrolling up/down the listings and....what is the cockamamy term?...."zapping" on a channel to watch it.
Or just pressing a button that opens the channel list on a boo-kay and letting me scroll it, hitting the OK button and watch it. Or Hitting it once to see a channel preview befoe..."zapping" it.

2) I put my new updated and ordered channels into TNAP. In an order so I can watch Star Trek lets say and it's at the bottom of the list on 101W.
NOW I remember the last time I fired up TNAP. All of the channels are in alphabetical order. Why? I scheduled root canal because it sent me into oblivion.
Why do this? Whats the reasoning? If a person writes in a channel list with your favorite channel editor. Why does the image alphabetize it out-of-box.
I still didnt find the setting (if there is one) to make it like atv and <choking> vix does without any settings, tweaks at all.

I don't get it.Pick up 50 TV remotes. Sony, Sanyo, Samsung. A green one, a blue one, the colors you choose.
Channel up, channel down, Display (video) shows display settings, Media shows what you may have on a USB or HDD.
Dishnet, Direc, your cable company cable box. There is some normalcy there.
Heaven forbid if you borrowed your friends car to discover after the fact that the brakes are on the radio volume control.

<Sigh. Taking a deep breath here.

Dudes. How do I get a channel list and scroll through it. And change to watch it? Easily.
What are the steps do do the most simple and straight forward things?
And that channle list (once the novocaine wears off) in MY order and not A-Z.

.....but at least she displays 4:3 in whatever or however I decide to watch it in. And it stays there like it should. TNAP? "Tylenol 'n a percocet"?

Megatron817
12-18-2022, 07:21 PM
Someone has taken the time to customize Openatv and you are use to that. Openpli comes basic leaving it up to you to customize. Tnap has been somewhat customized but still you can do more customizing if you want to or use it as is. The EPG can be changed by opening the EPG and press the menu button for the settings. The only thing I see in alphabetical order is the satellite lists. My bouquets are sorted the way I built them. In channel selection screen the green button brings up the satellite lists and the blue button brings up the bouquets. As far as i know OpenATV works the same way. If you look at the Edision remote OpenATV has used the page + and - to change the channel but really the up and down arrows are for chaning the channels on the Edision remote.

el bandido
12-19-2022, 12:06 PM
Using 841 words to tell us you don't like the way the image changes channels is a bit much. I have about 40 different fta satellite receivers of various makes/models that I have used at least once in the past twenty years and they all change the channels basically the same way. So maybe understand how they work and you will be happier??? Otherwise, use OpenATV and enjoy life!

Almost all fta satellite receivers have a key to press to bring up the satellite list. In TNAP images, this is the green button.
After pressing the green remote button, select a satellite and press the OK button. This gives channels for the satellite. (And again, a standard practice in fta satellite receivers.) Now scroll through the channels for the satellite and press OK on the channel you want. Simple enough.

TNAP images are preset to use Neutrino style channel selection. In the middle of the remote is an OK button. Directly above the OK button is an arrow up, and directly below the OK button is an arrow down. Use these two arrows for single channel changes.

You may also change channels through the epg list which is usually empty, (For those that want to zap through an empty epg list for whatever reason. )

Use the Hotkey menu to change remote key Function(s). Don't like the way the keys are mapped? Re-map them.

A bouquets list should stay in the order that you assign it. You can expect any other channels lists besides Bouquets or epg to be in alphabetical order.

Using channel editors can cause corruption or errors. You should be able to go into Antenna setup and scroll all the way to the end of the satellite list in Both directions without any hangups. Something is wrong if you cannot do this, and the satellites.xml file should be immediately fixed for proper operation.

You are welcome to attach any Bouquet that does not work correctly. But you will also need to attach at least the satellites.xml file and the lamedb file that were in use when the offending Bouquet file(s) were made. Corruption or errors probably exist if the Bouquet file is not shown in the assigned, non-alphabetical order.

If you don't like the Neutrino channel style then disable it in User interface menu. There are other channel change features that can be enabled using this menu.

ArloG
12-19-2022, 02:17 PM
Using 841 words to tell us you don't like the way the image changes channels is a bit much. I have about 40 different fta satellite receivers of various makes/models that I have used at least once in the past twenty years and they all change the channels basically the same way. So maybe understand how they work and you will be happier??? Otherwise, use OpenATV and enjoy life!

I could have used an even 1024 or 2048 words....0400, 0800 hex if you please...to tell you I would like to not have to spend half a day making sense out of no sense.
Please do not be offended.
What you're saying in essence is every piece of A/V equipment a person owns or has owned over the eons is operated in basically the same way of methodology. But once you cross the interest into FTA, the game changes. Nonsense. I challenge you to visit Wally World or Best Buy and pick up any brand of remote control from rip-chow-ching to Sony. 3 seconds. Maybe 5. You'll be testing your potential new tv out with flying colors.
Of course you're not going to change your way of presenting your own, very nice rendition of Enigma 2 firmware. But for God sakes where is it posted that the green button does what?
And 40 receivers. Seriously? I only have 4 including a GI VC2+. If the color keys on the remotes are used. They are usually to select options in a menu.
Learn how to use it? As you say. There is a "standard way". Wouldn't that include the Help button? Which is largely empty of the little hovering arrows.

Almost all fta satellite receivers have a key to press to bring up the satellite list. In TNAP images, this is the green button.
After pressing the green remote button, select a satellite and press the OK button. This gives channels for the satellite. (And again, a standard practice in fta satellite receivers.) Now scroll through the channels for the satellite and press OK on the channel you want. Simple enough.

TNAP images are preset to use Neutrino style channel selection. In the middle of the remote is an OK button. Directly above the OK button is an arrow up, and directly below the OK button is an arrow down. Use these two arrows for single channel changes.

You may also change channels through the epg list which is usually empty, (For those that want to zap through an empty epg list for whatever reason. )

Use the Hotkey menu to change remote key Function(s). Don't like the way the keys are mapped? Re-map them.

A bouquets list should stay in the order that you assign it. You can expect any other channels lists besides Bouquets or epg to be in alphabetical order.

Using channel editors can cause corruption or errors. You should be able to go into Antenna setup and scroll all the way to the end of the satellite list in Both directions without any hangups. Something is wrong if you cannot do this, and the satellites.xml file should be immediately fixed for proper operation.

A common glitch seen is this. There has never been an issue with scrolling a satellite list. It's in the scanning section where there is a neverending issue with any image.
Using a full-fledged and complete factory released satellites.xml file has you scrolling through a gazillion sats.
Comes a point in any image I've tried where there is a hiccup that will not let you cycle "the other way".
Leaving you bumping through the entire list and hoping you don't pass your intended sat. Because if you do. You have to do it all over again.
Sometimes a restart gui fixes it. Reboot always does. For a bit.

You are welcome to attach any Bouquet that does not work correctly. But you will also need to attach at least the satellites.xml file and the lamedb file that were in use when the offending Bouquet file(s) were made. Corruption or errors probably exist if the Bouquet file is not shown in the assigned, non-alphabetical order.

Strange how with fingers crossed I was able to read atv with E-Channelizer, save it to a lamedb file. And write it to vix. No anomalies.
And from vix to a file and then a write to atv. Or read from image A, let the editor set. Boot into image B in another slot and write. Not a burp, one.
Having never seen this before I thought it was a settings hidden deep in TNAP. The Bouquets never had issues nor did the channels or ordering of them.

If you don't like the Neutrino channel style then disable it in User interface menu. There are other channel change features that can be enabled using this menu.

I'm sorry, man. I just guess every image I try from now on will need setting down with a pen and pad and jot what all the key do and don't.
One thing cannot be argued with is the wally world/best buy challenge.
Reminds me of the time I ordered a Rib Eye and all the fixin's and taking the first bite and it tasted like liver. I sent the steak back and the chef came darting out of the kitchen. No how, no way would he take a bite of the steak to taste the liver left on the grill.

....lets see...03FB hex is a good stopping place.

Okay then

el bandido
12-19-2022, 07:41 PM
What you're saying in essence is every piece of A/V equipment a person owns or has owned over the eons is operated in basically the same way of methodology. But once you cross the interest into FTA, the game changes. Nonsense. I challenge you to visit Wally World or Best Buy and pick up any brand of remote control from rip-chow-ching to Sony. 3 seconds. Maybe 5. You'll be testing your potential new tv out with flying colors.
That is not what I said...
FTA Satellite receivers are not televisions. FTA Satelllite Receivers are also not sold at any of the stores you mention unless something has changed recently. I simply told you how in general fta satellite receivers are setup and have been setup for at least a couple of decades. I have a decent collection of various fta receivers to base it on.

A common glitch seen is this. There has never been an issue with scrolling a satellite list. It's in the scanning section where there is a neverending issue with any image.
Using a full-fledged and complete factory released satellites.xml file has you scrolling through a gazillion sats.
Comes a point in any image I've tried where there is a hiccup that will not let you cycle "the other way".
Leaving you bumping through the entire list and hoping you don't pass your intended sat. Because if you do. You have to do it all over again.
Sometimes a restart gui fixes it. Reboot always does. For a bit.
What you describe is not a common glitch. It is a sign of a corrupted file or a file that contains errors. Improper use of a channel editor or improper file editing can cause this. There is a video in the link below that shows proper operation without errors. No reboots, resets or restarts needed.