PDA

View Full Version : shrinking the kodi for smaller image backups

Megatron817
12-21-2020, 06:18 PM
I have had Kodi installed for a while now on the Satdreamgr-8 image. The problem is that the image gets pretty large and full image backups take a long time. The extra size is in the image at/home/root/.kodi. How to make a smaller image and faster full backup is to move this .kodi folder to the ext.harddrive. I moved it to /media/usb/Lost+found using dreamexplorer plugin then delete the .kodi file at /home/root with dreamexplorer before running backupsuite. After the full backup is complete move the .kodi folder from the Ext.harddrive back to /home/root using dreamexplorer. If a restore is ever perfomed with the full backup remember to move .kodi from the hdd to /home/root all will be good.
I just recently got unlimited LTE internet so I have been using kodi more now. I installed the Netflix add-on and subscribed and it works very well on the mio4k was just a challege getting logged in for the first time.Had to make an NFAuthentication key.Using that script to create the key was the challenge.Had to figure it out but once the first login was performed the normal email/password login works fine.