PDA

View Full Version : Duo2 Blindscan

eastof111
01-04-2021, 10:14 PM
EB, using the current blindscan for SDG which is working without any problems....

Any possibility of trying the Mio blindscan for the Duo2 for testing?

Thanks.

el bandido
01-05-2021, 05:45 AM
What exactly are you wanting? Do you want the same Blindscan plugin for the Duo2 that is used in TNAP?

eastof111
01-05-2021, 10:51 AM
Yes, if not too much trouble...

el bandido
01-05-2021, 11:27 PM
If there was no success, then I will connect the Duo2 and find out why.

eastof111
01-06-2021, 12:27 PM
Thanks EB, it installed fine.

Will do more scans.

eastof111
02-05-2024, 07:48 PM
EB, flashed the PLI image version 9, 02-04-2024 and tried loading the blindscan plugin. It obviously didn't install due to EOL for PLI images for this receiver.

I installed the TNAP blindscan you gave me z-git5201+6bc4768-r0 but it produces this error:

18031 but still no go. Have you got a version that will work with PLI version 9?

Also, when I flashed the PLI image with out restoring settings, I was expecting a virgin setup. When I go to setup the tuners and select the advanced setting, all the prior settings are still in memory from my prior setup.
If I change one setting and save, then select config mode red then save and select delete all, it will still retain all prior settings in the advanced config menu. How can I make the four tuners show up with virgin settings?

Also tried deleting all the nims from the settings file and cleaned out the lamedb and lamedb5 files, but this created more headaches. The advanced settings still seem to be retained no matter what I delete.

Thanks

el bandido
02-05-2024, 08:31 PM
For the blindscan plugin, you are trying to use a python 2 file in a python 3 image. This will not work, and this is why it is complaining about the parenthesis.

Pretty much the same for the backup with settings. You are trying to use backup files from a python 2 image in a python 3 image. you can expect errors. Check the hard drive for a folder named backup and remove it from the receiver Do not delete it because you can use some of it. Reload the image, but this time select a slot --Without backup. Carefully follow the receiver while it loads and boots to completion. If it finds a backup, it will ask to install it. Select NO.

You may unpack the files in the backup folder. Determine which backup was the latest and unpack it. the lamedb and lamedb5 can be transferred to the OpenPLi 9 enigma2 folder, first though, telnet and init 4. Review the settings file that was unpacked from your back-up folder. It should be able to go into the receiver "as is", but remove anything no longer needed in the settings file as it can become messy over time.

Also, remember that lamedb and lamed5 depend on the satellites.xml file they were created with. OpenPLi 9 will have a different satellites.xml file, so you will need the original satellites.xml from python 2. Else, transfer the settings file and re-scan your satellites.

So these are the files you need from a python 2 backup to install in a python 3 image:
lamedb
lamedb5
settings
satellites.xml that was used to make the lamedb file.

The blindscan plugin from a TNAP 5 multi-boot image should work. Download a TNAP5 multi-boot image such AS sf8008. Then unpack it to get receiver files. Steal the blindscan plugin folder and install it in the OpenPLi 9 image. (It should work). Steal the ServiceScan.pyc from Both Components and Screens folders then install them in the OpenPLi 9 image. Now you are ready for init 3 in telnet.

I would suggest maybe splitting this in two stepts and transfer the settings, lamedb(2), and proper satellites.xml. Then go back and get the blindscan folder and the ServiceScan files. All of this should work because TNAP5 and OpenPLi 9 are based on the same python build.

eastof111
02-06-2024, 01:22 AM
Thanks EB, this should keep me quite busy while I wait for the supreme to arrive..... it's still having a beer break in Germany, lol.

el bandido
02-06-2024, 10:40 AM
You probably have the better part of two more weeks to wait for the Supreme.

Good DHL shipping for a packaged box the size fitting the Supreme is 50 Euro or roughly 55 U.S. dollars from Europe to the United States. This amount is what you can expect DREAMPORTUGAL or anyone else in Europe using DHL from point a in Europe to point b in the United States. DHL shipping normally takes 4-5 days or about a week for me. U.S. Customs clearance for DHL is started in Europe and completed usually before the package is in the United States

eastof111
02-06-2024, 01:26 PM
EB, had to install Backupsuite folder from the SF8008 multiboot zip since it was missing in the PLI flash. Then had to install enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite.control in directory var_lib_opkg_info because it was missing. Then had to change permission of backuphdd.sh to 777. Finally tried to make a backup and getting error:

Searched in the SF8008 zip file and could not find nanddump to copy to the Duo2.

el bandido
02-06-2024, 02:36 PM
Put the attached files in /usr/sbin
Reboot box and retry.

eastof111
02-06-2024, 05:51 PM
Loaded said files and after numerous other backupsuite requests for additional files, which were found in the sf8008 zip file, I still get this error:

el bandido
02-06-2024, 06:29 PM
Make both files executable.
In telnet:
cd /usr/sbin
chmod 0755 nanddump
chmod 0755 nanddump.mtd-utils

That should be enough permissions. If you still get the error, try chmod 0777

eastof111
02-06-2024, 06:34 PM
Thanks, tried 777 prior to posting and received the error mentioned above. Will try 755 and see what happens. Too bad there isn't an ipk available. Looked and couldn't find one.

el bandido
02-06-2024, 06:47 PM
I see the problem. The SF8008 Backupsuite files and the Duo2 are not compatible. Let's see if there are other options.

eastof111
02-06-2024, 07:42 PM
Tried the 755 and still the same error message.

el bandido
02-06-2024, 08:08 PM
Try the attached image. It is not complete, but you should at least be able to get pieces out of it. And it should boot/run. Dunno Not tested.

eastof111
02-06-2024, 08:53 PM
Maybe I am dreaming, but isn't there a way to do a complete backup of the current system image using putty and then being able to restore it via putty to continue additional testing on the image?

el bandido
02-06-2024, 09:15 PM
I don't know the telnet command(s) for complete backup.
This is what is needed to run backupsuite for the duo2:
Package: enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite
Version: git559+3010f02-r0
Description: Enigma2 Plugin: extensions-backupsuite
Enigma2 Plugin: extensions-backupsuite
Section: base
Priority: optional
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
License: GPLv3
Architecture: mips32el
OE: enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite
Depends: enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite, mtd-utils, mtd-utils-ubifs, ofgwrite
Source: enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite.bb

el bandido
02-06-2024, 09:26 PM
Delete the backupsuite plugin using the plugin menu (remove Plugins.

I think there are about 12 .ipk files in the attached folder. Put ALL of these .ipk files in /tmp of receiver files. Then install them with telnet using these commands:
cd /tmp
opkg install *.ipk

Check for installation errors in putty or terminal.

eastof111
02-06-2024, 09:32 PM
Will give it a try.

eastof111
02-06-2024, 10:38 PM
Thanks EB, still the same error message with the nanddump file. Since I have the necessary files needed for blindscan and backupsuite, I will reflash PLI and start from scratch.

But I did get the blindscan to install and tried scanning 87 ku. It has a weird behavior while scanning.

18037 Actual blindscan display.

18038 After flickering, this screen appears when hitting the scan button.

18039 Again, after flickering, the final display appears after scanning.

No matter what settings I use for the scan, it will always display the last screen.

The manual scan works though, that's how I was able to scan the news channels on 87 ku.

Will see what happens after I reflash and start from a clean slate.

el bandido
02-06-2024, 11:07 PM
Looks like the blindscan binary in /usr/bin is missing?

Almost everything is different for the Duo2. The kernel is an antique, and the way the files are packaged are really obsolete. So to do much of anything with it, I would have to set up my Duo2 and see what is happening. This is not something I really want to do because the Duo2 internal tuners are outdated. The Duo 2 was a helluva box back when we first got them around 10 years ago.