View Full Version : TNAP-4.1 Image -20210906 - Discussion

el bandido
09-06-2021, 12:11 PM
Discuss the TNAP 4.1 image here.
Link to MIo+ image files :[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Link to Mio image files: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

MikeB
09-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Just confirming, this is the first TNAP 4.1 full Release candidate image?

el bandido
09-06-2021, 12:45 PM
TNAP 4.1 full Release candidate image Non- test image --or whatever else you want to call it.:tiphat2:

MikeB
09-06-2021, 01:29 PM
Ok, just flashed the 4.1 multiboot image into Slot 2. Where is the menu setting to set it for NTP time, I can't seem to find it? Here's all I show in Menu > Setup > System > Customize:

Here's my Settings file:

el bandido
09-06-2021, 01:53 PM
Your settings file should run OK.
To set btp:
Menu--->Setup--->System--->Customize

MikeB
09-06-2021, 02:03 PM
Your settings file should run OK.
To set btp:
Menu--->Setup--->System--->Customize

That's just it, none of those options show in Menu--->Setup--->System--->Customize

Here's ALL I have in there:

Megatron817
09-06-2021, 02:14 PM
In your settings file look for a line with this.
config.usage.setup_level=expert
If it is not expert change to expert or add that line at the bottom of the settings file.

el bandido
09-06-2021, 02:24 PM
Attached is the modded settings file for expert.
init 4
Transfer settings file
init 3

MikeB
09-06-2021, 02:28 PM
In your settings file look for a line with this.
If it is not expert change to expert or add that line at the bottom of the settings file.

Thanks! That fixed it right up. Now, I wonder WHY it was missing, because it originally WAS in Expert mode before I flashed it and restored my settings.

Oh, and am I ok with running the GlamourAuraFHD skin, as that restored and seems to be working fine. Yet I know it can cause issues IF it's not specifically tweaked for an image.

el bandido
09-06-2021, 02:45 PM
These are the settings that ship with TNAP 4.1:

config.epg.freesat=false
config.epg.netmed=false
config.epg.viasat=false
config.misc.hotkey.blue=MenuPlugin/scan/blindscan
config.misc.hotkey.green=Infobar/openServiceList
config.misc.hotkey.green_long=Infobar/openFavouritesList
config.misc.hotkey.red=MenuPlugin/scan/positioner_setup
config.misc.hotkey.sat=Infobar/openSatellitesList
config.misc.videowizardenabled=false
config.Nims.0.configMode=advanced
config.Nims.1.configMode=advanced
config.ntp.timesync=ntp
config.plugins.bitrate.background=#54111112
config.plugins.bitrate.show_in_menu=infobar
config.plugins.bitrate.style_skin=compact
config.plugins.bitrate.x=1647
config.plugins.bitrate.y=822
config.plugins.bitrate.z=10
config.plugins.weathermsn.city=atlanta
config.plugins.weathermsn.degreetype=F
config.plugins.weathermsn.windtype=fts
config.skin.primary_skin=GlamourAuraFHD/skin.xml
config.usage.infobar_frontend_source=tuner

Everything that is needed to get a receiver started in North America is in there.
The hidden radio channels for 103w ku are also installed as default.

stephan94
09-07-2021, 07:00 AM
No problem with the TNAP 4.1 version
The T2MI and its characteristics is found without hesitation in C-band with the blindscan.

MikeB
09-07-2021, 07:12 AM
Beyond the slight hiccup of it not loading Expert mode for me for whatever reason, I've had NO issues so far with the release candidate multiboot version of TNAP 4.1 that I loaded into slot 2 with a USB pendrive, and restored my settings to. NTP time/date and everything else seems to be perfect so far, even in Suspend Mode. The loading went very smoothly, and fairly quickly.

Best version yet! Best receiver I've ever owned to date, once a person has worked through the initial learning curve compared to hardware receivers.

Thank-you to all that build these images, and especially to El Bandido for his patience and support when we have any issues at all. Just know that it really is appreciated!

ViP3R
09-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Very nice EB! You have been working hard, I was pretty busy and had no time to upgrade, and a bit lazy..Since I was still on 3.2 I know, I know..4.1 looks and acts great.

Thank you.

stephan94
09-09-2021, 01:25 AM
I don't know if this is due to the latest kernel 5.14
but for the first time the MIO4K finds and reads in blindscan
an sr of less than 1000
45W 11605 H 989
until now the MIO4k did not read below sr 1000

stephan94
09-10-2021, 02:31 AM
A problem with version 4.1.
It has the signal of a frequency with a SR 60000
unfortunately it does not find the programs that are
on this frequency.
A particularity: They are programs in T2MI and MIS
(the T2MI module is activated)

The version 4.0 has also the signal with the sr 60000
and it finds all programs in T2MI, which is great
Unfortunately even with the t2MI module activated
the image is not really readable.

I also tried with the Openvision unofficial version
and OpenATV 6.4
It's like with version 4.1 a signal but no programs.

Is this due to the new kernel for the 4.1 version ???

One thing to notice; you have to enter this frequency by hand
the blindscan does not find it with such a high SR.

I also tried this frequency with other receivers (not Enigma2)
that read T2MI and Multistreams.
They find nothing or are limited to SR 53000

So the MIO4K is great with SR 60000, T2MI and MIS but there is a last
small problem with the reading of the programs

have a good day

bwe
09-10-2021, 01:42 PM
I'm having the same problem of "expert" not loading up in 4.1. I'm a novice at this, and I just want to make sure I get it right.

Go to Internal Flash/etc/enigma2. Find settings file. Replace old settings file, with the new settings file. Or, using Windows Notebook, edit or add "config.usage.setup_level=expert". Is this correct? Thank you.

Megatron817
09-10-2021, 01:58 PM
I'm having the same problem of "expert" not loading up in 4.1. I'm a novice at this, and I just want to make sure I get it right.

Go to Internal Flash/etc/enigma2. Find settings file. Replace old settings file, with the new settings file. Or, using Windows Notebook, edit or add "config.usage.setup_level=expert". Is this correct? Thank you.

No you don't want windows notepad. Use Notepad ++ Google search for it. You also need PuTTY for telnet. If you have an easy setup probably be better off do a factory reset then set the box up from fresh startup. It will be faster to learn telnet and file transfers but sometimes a fresh start is better. Less chance of a problem.

el bandido
09-10-2021, 09:17 PM
Anyone having a problem with the "expert" setting not loading may do an online update to solve the problem. The online 20210911 image can also be flashed as an alternative to the "expert" setting issue.

bwe
09-11-2021, 02:10 AM
The online update was a success here. Thank you. :th_thumbs20up:

Megatron817
09-11-2021, 09:51 PM
I think I got the ATSC infobar showing old EPG data solved. The older images used a dat file named epg.dat and I noticed for a while when changing multiboot slots back to an older image the epg had to totally repopulate. I got to thinking those dat files must not be compatible so all I did was go to the EPG menu and the Location EPG cache file I renamed the epg.dat to epg2.dat I have a hard drive seen as usb and I set the epg loaction as /media/usb/epg2.dat .So far no old no old epg data has been seen in the infobar. I need to test it for a while before I say it works for sure.

Edit after a bit the old epg data showed back up but i'm going to leave the dat file renamed just because it is not compatible with my older mutiboot images. How to stop the old data from showing for sure is in the epg menu turn off Show EIT now/next in infobar.

el bandido
09-11-2021, 10:20 PM
Old data???
What are you trying to solve?

Megatron817
09-11-2021, 10:29 PM
see pictures the infobar shows That Girl but it should be McHale's Navy

Megatron817
09-12-2021, 02:57 PM
I am completely happy with TNAP 4.1 and ATSC infobar EPG now after these 3 things I did.
1. EPG menu disable Show EIT now/next in infobar.
2 EPG menu > Location EPG cache file. Change the name of the epg.dat file. I named it epg2 and pointed it to /media/usb/epg2.dat.
3 Setup EPG Refresh plugin and ran refresh now.

el bandido
09-14-2021, 08:12 PM
Excellent plan!

EIT EPG has EPG data plus now/next descriptions. This is where the problem is.

Changing the EPG menu to disable Show EIT now/next in infobar may fix most issues without doing anything else.

sattech64
09-14-2021, 11:47 PM
While on the subject of TNAP 4.1 is there any reason to update from 4.0 ? Just wondering what the changes are.

Thanks

MikeB
09-15-2021, 06:37 AM
IF you like an accurate NTP clock, that alone is reason to upgrade, because it's finally fixed for well and GOOD. It also seems to keep the Weigel mux channels on 101W better separated. So, if you are trying for one of their channels, you get THAT channel instead of one of the others. There's other stuff also.

Besides, you have FOUR slots, just like having FOUR different receivers. Just load it into one of the slots, and try it out. That way it won't overwrite the one you have been using, in case you want to go back.

el bandido
09-27-2021, 06:38 PM
Modifications are being made to the blindscan plugin so it will work on the ka band.

The satellite id feature in the blindscan plugin does not work correctly and will be completely eliminated from the blindscan plugin used in TNAP images.

Satellite identification in most consumer fta receivers is done by checking a transponder for a signal. The satellites have a beacon which identifies them, but most fta receivers cannot receive the beacon signal.
Satellite identification is only as good as the transponder the receiver uses for identifying a particular satellite. Identical transponder frequencies are also used for many satellites which makes satellite identification by transponder even less reliable.

The satellite id code that is currently in the blindscan plugin does not allow for switching from a c band satellite to a ku or ka satellite, and the current code does not allow for switching between tuners. In other words, the satellite id feature in the blindscan plugin will become confused when bands are changed or when tuners are changed. The satellite identification will work to the best of its ability on any tuner or any satellite band providing bands are not changed or tuners are not changed while the blindscan menu is open.

So for the reasons mentioned above, the satellite id in the blindscan plugin will be completely eliminated.

el bandido
09-27-2021, 06:43 PM
1 MHz spacing in blindscan continues to work well, and does not cause any known duplicates. There are two transponders active on 95w c band tonight that are 1 MHz apart, and contain 2 different channels. A blindscan report for this satellite is attached.

17329 <------------------------->17330

el bandido
10-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Packages are limited to 80 in Software update. You will be prompted to flash the receiver if more than 80 packages are in the software update. Flashing a new image requires nothing more than a good, blank usb drive and a few minutes of time.There are options to do a complete restore when a new image is flashed. A complete restore when flashing a new image takes about 5 minutes, depending on what needs to be installed and what needs to be downloaded.

The reason for the package update limit is simple: There are a higher number of failed software updates as the number of packages to be updated increases.

el bandido
10-03-2021, 08:05 PM
The satellites.xml needs to be updated. If anyone is interested in contributing to this effort by adding satellites or transponders may do so by modifying the attached satellites.xml file.

pa28pilot
10-26-2021, 08:51 PM
This may come in handy. My OS Mio 4K+ decided to start bootlooping, so it looks like I'll be restoring one way or another.
(I am hoping that I can still save a bunch of work I did to get it to work with ClearQAM channels over Verizon FiOS service. )

Thanks to the TNAP team for all of their hard work.

el bandido
10-26-2021, 10:38 PM
Most bootloops can be solved without restoring or reflashing. Simply open a telnet session and type init 4 then type enigma2. The telnet session should start then stop. The error will be shown when the telnet session stops.

stephan94
11-03-2021, 12:36 PM
with great difficulty but with success
the MIO4K succeeded in finding and reading two frequencies
very close and with very small sr.
In reality there are three frequencies side by side.
It manages to see the two extremes.

MikeB
11-15-2021, 09:59 AM
I just wanted to get a shout-out to El Bandido, and anybody else that worked to build TNAP 4.1.

GREAT JOB!

It's been absolutely FLAWLESS since I installed it. Keeps NTP time perfectly (finally!), tunes in the Weigel mux channels on 101w every time without grabbing the wrong one, timers work perfectly, and just has given me NO problems at all!

THANKS!

el bandido
12-14-2021, 08:11 PM
Online updates for TNAP4.1 have ended. A new version is being worked on that includes blindscan for the ka bands or pretty much any type lnb that could be used for fta.

stephan94
12-15-2021, 03:53 AM
Hello el bandido
Very good news.:bigclap:
I think we have to wait a few more days
for this update to be available.

stephan94
12-21-2021, 05:12 AM
Hallo
In some images for the MIO4K ( openNFR for example ) the last version is built with the
new Python ( 3,xxx ) , do you know what it brings ? Is it a progress ?
or is it only a change that doesn't bring much to the user ?
With a little advance; Merry Christmas.

stephan94

el bandido
12-21-2021, 08:45 AM
Python 3 is to update images in the future. The average user will see no difference, except some plugins will not work in Python 3 until they are updated.

stephan94
12-22-2021, 12:21 PM
I don't know where to put this comparison of Blindscan .
as TNAP4.1 is part of it I put it here.
Türksat 42° East
a blindscan comparison between
OpenPLI 7.3
OpenPLI 8.1
TNAP 4.0
TNAP 4.1
we can notice that TNAP finds about 10% more transponders than OpenPLI
all these blindscans have been done in the shortest possible time
of course there may be some feeds that appear but the result is clear anyway.

stephan94
12-30-2021, 08:49 AM
Online updates for TNAP4.1 have ended. A new version is being worked on that includes blindscan for the ka bands or pretty much any type lnb that could be used for fta.

Hello ,
I have just made a trial update, for the moment nothing is available.
For the month of January? may be ? after the holidays.

happy new year 2022 and especially with all good health for everyone.

el bandido
12-30-2021, 09:40 AM
For the month of January. :agree:

TNT06
01-22-2022, 05:39 PM
Hi all, this might be a question for EB. I made the leap from 4,0 to 4,1. Not too hard, just had to find the right type of usb's to use. I have everything reconfigured...network, sats, and so forth, however I can't get the hvr-955q to scan (receive) any channels. Maybe a driver or two missing? I have a Edision OSMio 4K+, single boot/slot being used. Hvr-955q working ok on 4,0. I am scanning on 8vsb not cable or atlanta. I read that the 950q needs two drivers, but nothing on 955q requirements. The 955q is recognized as a LG LGDT3306A, just not picking up any channels. No internet, phone, cable, fibre here, so webif is no help. Hope I covered everything. Thanks in advance everyone.

el bandido
01-22-2022, 06:16 PM
Did you uninstall anything? Carefully check, the antenna coax and antenna.
Haupauge 850, 950 and 955 drivers are built in the TNAP images. Nothing is missing that I know about. You may go back to 4.0 and see if the tuner starts working.

TNT06
01-22-2022, 06:37 PM
Thanks EB, will go back to 4,0 in morning.

RamboHack
01-22-2022, 07:22 PM
Hi, i just have a very basic (maybe dumb) question.

Is there any way that, instead of pressing the GREEN button to start scan, i could use the OK button in Blind Scan screen?

It is very annoying for me, every time i perform a blind scan, to look again at the remote, browsing for the green button.

Any way i could modify this on TNAP 4.1? i want to press OK instead of green..... maybe modifying the keymap.xml? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and greetings from Monterrey, Mexico.

Megatron817
01-22-2022, 07:39 PM
Yes just press the OK button to start the scan. works for for me.
Oh I'm using 4.2 test maybe that is why it works.

RamboHack
01-22-2022, 07:44 PM
Not working for me in TNAP 4.1, i HAVE to press the green button to start blind scanning.

Even in the screenshot i previously posted, it says "PRESS THE GREEN BUTTON TO START THE SCAN"

I pressed the OK button and nothing, as soon as i press the green button the scan start.

el bandido
01-22-2022, 07:57 PM
You will need to modify the blindscan plugin to change this. Currently the OK button starts the satellite motor when a different satellite is selected.

RamboHack
01-22-2022, 08:08 PM
You will need to modify the blindscan plugin to change this. Currently the OK button starts the satellite motor when a different satellite is selected.

Ohhhh! :( so is not as easy as replace a file via ftp.

By the way, in Openpli 8.0 and 8.1 when i press the OK button, it automatically move my diseqc motor in KU AND start the blind scan, both functions at the same time by pressing the OK button.

Is it possible you could add this "feature" in the next update? please! this is the ONLY one thing that really bothers me, and if you fix this, its gonna be PERFECT for me, i aint gonna need any other firmware on my Edision os Mio+, other than the TNAP 4.1

Thank you.

el bandido
01-22-2022, 08:19 PM
The Blindscan plugin and other plugins are a collection of files. So the blindscan plugin can be changed by modifying a file and transferring it to the box.
In Openpli 8.0 and 8.1 when you press the OK button, it starts the scan AND moves your motor.

RamboHack
01-22-2022, 08:35 PM
In Openpli 8.0 and 8.1 when you press the OK button, it starts the scan AND moves your motor.

Is it possible you could make TNAP 4.1 to act as the Openpli? i mean to start scan AND move the motor with the OK button?

Btw, if i copy-paste the whole Openpli 8.1 blindscan plugin folder into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins in the TNAP 4.1.... do you think it could work? or is not as easy as that

el bandido
01-22-2022, 08:51 PM
It is undesirable to have the motor moving with the blindscan started. You will mes up part of the scan doing that. You may change the blindscan files in the receiver to OpenPLi if you like....Maybe wait a little bit and I will see about changing some things???

RamboHack
01-22-2022, 09:01 PM
It is undesirable to have the motor moving with the blindscan started. You will mes up part of the scan doing that. You may change the blindscan files in the receiver to OpenPLi if you like....Maybe wait a little bit and I will see about changing some things???

Thank you very much Bandido, i think im gonna wait until you update the plugin in TANP 4.1.

In the meantime, i guess im gonna continue to press the "famous" green button to do a blind scan on my Edision Os mio+ 4k.

Thanks again and greetings from Monterrey, Mexico.

el bandido
01-22-2022, 11:29 PM
Upgrade to TNAP 4.2 would be the easiest thing to do. The Yellow button has been changed. TNAP 4.2 is a continuation of TNAP 4.1.

RamboHack
01-23-2022, 12:21 AM
Upgrade to TNAP 4.2 would be the easiest thing to do. The Yellow button has been changed. TNAP 4.2 is a continuation of TNAP 4.1.

Excellent Bandido!!
Thank you very much! Im gonna try TNAP 4.2 been using 4.1 for the last few months, but i guess its time to try the new and improved version 4.2.

Once again, thank you for all your help.

wwtech
02-08-2022, 04:18 PM
OK, I have a couple of issues after my install and update.

First, plugins -
clicking on plugins says:
"some plugins are not available"
SystemPlugins/Videomode (expected a string or other character buffer object)

clicking on the plugin - 6 Media player - crashes enigma
Type error: Expected a string or other character buffer object

PVR --
there are now 2 copies of all recordings -
1 all filename listed as .ShowName.ts and will not play
2 the "Instant record" version of the same file which will play

Audio-
On tne NPR transponder the MPEG channels are fine.
AAC channels are very low unless "Downmix" is enabled.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

el bandido
02-08-2022, 04:50 PM
Welcome to Legit!
Most likely your image is corrupted. Di you use settings from a previous image or install?
What image did you install and update? What previous image were you using?

wwtech
02-08-2022, 05:35 PM
Thanks. I posted once long ago with an issue that is still not working in the new version.

So I have Satdreamgr6 [2021-10-16] in slot 1. I assume it's settings are in use.
Slot 2 has TNAP4.1 [2022-02-08]. I went to the update page and it updated from on line, I assume.

Thanks for the speedy response.

el bandido
02-08-2022, 05:56 PM
How did TNAP 4.1 get on slot 2? Did you use auto restore or did you enter in the satellite and channel information manually?

wwtech
02-08-2022, 07:20 PM
I loaded it in to a folder on the hard drive and during the install it let me choose a slot. It came up on the channel I was on from slot 1.
Is there a different install path I should have followed?

edit- I used the multi boot image. Was that correct?

el bandido
02-08-2022, 07:41 PM
Yes. That is correct, but you probably also auto-restored settings, which probably caused the problem. How many satellites do you have setup in the receiver. I would suggest doing the same procedure as before, Except use a blank usb stick with only the TNAP 4.1 file on it. The reason for this is there is probably auto restore information on your usb that the receiver will use if allowed to do so. Using a blank usb stick that only conatins TNAP 4.1 will ensure there is no auto restore information.

Also make sure you set the correct slot when Flashing. There are two almost identical sets of slots to choose from. Select the slot that has "without backup" beside it

wwtech
02-08-2022, 10:07 PM
Thanks. Will do.

wwtech
02-08-2022, 11:42 PM
Progress!
I did not auto restore & all is fine - media player does not crash anymore.
But, when I go to blindscan I can not choose a satellite. It is stuck on the one I first scanned. There is a O with a slash next to Lock. Is this possibly my problem?

edit- Nevermind. I forgot that I have to configure every satellite all over again. That should fix it.

el bandido
02-09-2022, 10:22 AM
You can manually edit or change the settings and channel files to transfer your settings for the satellites, but you need telnet or putty to do this.

wwtech
02-09-2022, 10:52 AM
So how do I know which settings to use? Are they labeled by software version or slot number? I would like to take my settings from slot 1 and move them to slot 3.

el bandido
02-09-2022, 12:37 PM
There are many ways to do this:
(1) boot into slot 1.
(2) Copy settings file located in /etc/enigma2 of receiver's files.
(3) Boot into slot 3.
(4) Start a telnet or putty session with the box. Enter init 4 into the terminal so enigma2 stops.
(5) Paste the slot 1 settings file into /etc/enigma2 of receiver's files.
(6) Enter init 3 into terminal or reboot box.

That is all you need to do.
Note: Not all settings files are interchangeable but these two are...

wwtech
02-10-2022, 01:25 AM
Thanks!
Settings file transferred.

A problem I discovered is that some previous video recordings from G16 with MPEG audio will not play in TNAP in slot 3, but they will play in the original satdreamgr6 in slot1.
edit - If I make a new recording from that transponder, the new recording will play, and only the new recording.

And I still cannot record audio from radio channels on NPR on G16. It acts like it is recording but it does not. I have even tried to play them on my computer but there is nothing there.

Also that low volume on AAC from NPR is a problem because using downmix affects channels I do not want downmixed since they are surround mixes.

Thanks for all your help so far.

el bandido
02-10-2022, 01:51 PM
some previous video recordings from G16 with MPEG audio will not play in TNAP in slot 3
What is meant by not play? No Video, No Audio, will not load etc....

And I still cannot record audio from radio channels on NPR on G16. It acts like it is recording but it does not.
Do you have any receiver that will record these radio channels? Have you tried recording the channel using Webif?

Also that low volume on AAC from NPR is a problem because using downmix affects channels I do not want downmixed since they are surround mixes.

What is NPR?

wwtech
02-10-2022, 07:13 PM
some previous video recordings from G16 with MPEG audio will not play in TNAP in slot 3
What is meant by not play? No Video, No Audio, will not load etc....

No audio - sorry I was not clear about that

And I still cannot record audio from radio channels on NPR on G16. It acts like it is recording but it does not.
Do you have any receiver that will record these radio channels? Have you tried recording the channel using Webif?

I can record and play them on my Icecrypt.
Webif will not play them at all. It does not even see a channel under extras. VLC will not play them. No option to record.

What is NPR?

NPR is National Public Radio on G16. It is a radio service only with no video channels or PIDs. The Satdream in slot 1 plays these channels at normal volume with downmix off. They are super low volume in TNAP slot 3 and only downmix fixes that.
I would prefer to leave downmix off as that affects all channels including surround channels like the Met Opera.

They also have MPEG audio channels that play just fine.

Thanks again.

el bandido
02-13-2022, 02:26 PM
SatDreamGr and TNAP images are bot based on OpenPLi. So the audio should work the same. Carefully check your settings between the two slots. Most likely, something is set different in the SatDreamGr slot.

On the audio for recorded files, The two images may have different default players. We can look at adding another player, but it also seems that recordings should play on either image providing the settings are the same.

wwtech
02-14-2022, 09:14 PM
Should be, but is not. Very different handling of aac on the 2 images.

el bandido
02-14-2022, 09:56 PM
Well, Let's see what the deal is with the audio.
Please post a screenshot of the About page from the SatDreamGr image (Menu--->Information--->About).

wwtech
02-16-2022, 06:17 PM
Thanks.

Hope this helps.

TNT06
02-17-2022, 02:16 PM
Ok, went back to 4,0. Getting the gsod again, usually when turning to a pbs channel (atsc). Same with the 950, but it does scan everything in. I did some troubleshooting and found I wasn't getting errors when the usb drive wasn't plugged in. I was using a sandisk vs pny, not sure if that was the difference or not. Long story short I bought a WD harddrive, installed fine, and everything is working perfect again. Will probally try 4,2 this spring...time permitting. Thanks again for the help EB.