PDA

View Full Version : Question Setting Motor Elevation On Stab HH90 Motor

sattech64
09-11-2021, 11:46 PM
I have a quick question about setting the elevation of the motor. The instruction book doesn't really state for sure where the measurement is taken.
I have the alignment at the bottom part where it's is labeled "or here" at any rate what I have is nowhere near close to operating correctly so I am wondering if I have taken the measurement at the wrong point or the elevation scale is totally inaccurate. It's been a bit since I've completed a KU install but this one is giving me fits!

Thanks In Advance!

Regards,
WT

el bandido
09-12-2021, 07:33 AM
What size dish?
It looks like there would be 2 degrees between the two settings. If you moved it halfway between the two settings then it would be 1 degree, which should work as a start. You will need to see how the dish tracks by logging a few birds on either side of center (due south) before you will know what adjustments to make.

sattech64
09-12-2021, 11:01 AM
I think I'll probably give that a shot for a test. The scales are not all that accurate I've read anyway. The problem has to be something simple cause there's not much left to experiment with.

Terryl
09-12-2021, 11:21 AM
It should the label "or here" in your photo...But I find it's better to use an inclinometer with a magnetic base, put it on the LNB mounting arm at the base of the dish, and adjust it all (one half motor, one half dish mount) for the correct angle.

Inclinometer I use....
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

sattech64
09-12-2021, 05:12 PM
I wish I could locate my inclinometer but that thing is lost big time. Think I'll try the app on my phone and see how close it reads to correct. Where you mentioned is where it's set now so I wonder if the scale may be off a little. It's gotta be simple whatever it is :)

Thanks for the help!