PDA

View Full Version : Unable to save changes to bouquets - TNAP 4.1

k7ar
09-29-2021, 03:01 PM
Hi all, I have an Edision OSmio+ 4K running TNAP 4.1. Any changes I make to bouquets or channel definitions are applied for a short period of time, then revert back to their previous setting. This occurs whether I use DreamBoxEdit 64 or manually delete channels from the on screen menu. Any changes I make don't stick for whatever reason.

Anyone else seeing this? Maybe I have some other problem I don't know about.

Thank you to the group and to EB,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.

MikeB
09-29-2021, 05:17 PM
Hi all, I have an Edision OSmio+ 4K running TNAP 4.1. Any changes I make to bouquets or channel definitions are applied for a short period of time, then revert back to their previous setting. This occurs whether I use DreamBoxEdit 64 or manually delete channels from the on screen menu. Any changes I make don't stick for whatever reason.

Anyone else seeing this? Maybe I have some other problem I don't know about.

Thank you to the group and to EB,
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.

Check this:

MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > CUSTOMIZE > Make sure "Disable background scanning" is turned ON (switch slid to the right)

If that setting is ok, make SURE you have personal channel bouquets setup, and you are doing the "add service to bouquet" and adding the "keepers" to a personal bouquet.

Personally, I no longer use any channel editor program, too many problems with oddness. I just bring up the OpenWebIF screen, and use the bouquet editor there (lower lefthand corner). I then do channel renames directly on the receiver. That way I no longer have any "strange issues".

k7ar
09-29-2021, 07:53 PM
Thank you Mike, that setting was Off. I set it to On as you suggested. I'll try my channel changes again. The setting must have changed when I flashed TNAP 4.1 and I didn't notice until now.

Regards,
Alan

cyberham
10-03-2021, 05:18 AM
Personally, I no longer use any channel editor program, too many problems with oddness. I just bring up the OpenWebIF screen, and use the bouquet editor there (lower lefthand corner). I then do channel renames directly on the receiver. That way I no longer have any "strange issues".
I follow this same procedure now.