PDA

View Full Version : Web Browser Plugin

clucas
03-31-2022, 11:57 PM
Is there a working web browser plugin for the Edision OS MIO 4k running TNAP? My old AZ Box Elite had one in it's menu but it was extremely slow to load a page and it was basically links to click on. In an internet search for one that works with enigma 2 there was a post from a few years about Opera but it wasn't fully functional at that time. The reason I ask is that I watch an online newscast from a local television channel by streaming through my computer and was trying to just do it directly with the MIO like the YouTube plugin.

Ectron1
04-01-2022, 08:07 AM
I've been looking as well, for the same reasons. It would be nice to eliminate the pc from the equation.

el bandido
04-02-2022, 08:00 AM
Post an example link that you would like to use. There should be something to use for this....

clucas
04-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Here are links that take you to the active page but I still have to click on the video in order to start it.
Live stream at 7:00 to 7:30 PM EDT: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Live stream 10:00 to 10:30 PM EDT: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
You get an error that the page is not found outside these times.
Another that streams live at the same time is: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Megatron817
04-02-2022, 08:17 PM
Checked the 10pm live stream link using my Lg tv web browser. works fine can even go full screen. Would be cool to have a browser on the mio4k itself but I haven't seen one.

clucas
04-03-2022, 02:12 AM
A little off topic here but it is one reason I wanted to try the MIO.

Megatron, did you watch more than 7 minutes? My iMac using Firefox stops the stream every 7 minutes on the 10 PM newscast. When I restart it goes for another 7 minutes. Doesn't matter if it is during a program or commercial. I hate to have to drag out my Windows machine to see if it does it there too.

Megatron817
04-03-2022, 04:37 AM
A little off topic here but it is one reason I wanted to try the MIO.

Megatron, did you watch more than 7 minutes? My iMac using Firefox stops the stream every 7 minutes on the 10 PM newscast. When I restart it goes for another 7 minutes. Doesn't matter if it is during a program or commercial. I hate to have to drag out my Windows machine to see if it does it there too.

Yes I did watch more than 7 minutes. Let it play all the way to the end. No problem with the the web Os browser.

Sublime
05-11-2022, 04:31 PM
On my elderly Optibox Raptor I use one of three ways to stream local programs from stations.

1. My StreamlinkTV plugin, which I adapted from a Greek TV plugin and is quite out of date, though still works for HLS streams.
2. Direct entry of the stream's link into a bouquet list.

These first two require that the link doesn't change with each newscast. For those that do change, I use bash script on my Linux computer to retrieve the web page, find the link and pass it to Streamlink to serve it over the local network with the switch "--player-external-http --player-external-[Only registered and activated users can see links] 8080". I then have an entry in my bouquet list such as:

#SERVICE 4099:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:[Only registered and activated users can see links] Stream
#DESCRIPTION Streamlink Stream

Number two is the easiest if it works.

You get the links by going to the webpage, listing the source and searching for "m3u8"