PDA

View Full Version : TNAP-4.2 Images - 20220912 - Discussion

el bandido
09-12-2022, 09:34 PM
Discuss this Topic here.

Megatron817
09-23-2022, 07:27 PM
Found a new menu item in TNAP 4.2 on the mio4k and it was installed part of the Pluto tv Plugin. Menu/setup/System/ServiceApp. Now that I have set it to On and gstplayer as the player the channels are playing better with the advertisements. I'll post some screenshots of how I have mine setup.
Found If you want to play the youtube plugin turn the serviceAPP off to get the youtube videos playing.

stephan94
09-25-2022, 08:36 AM
Hello ,
with version 4.2 I tried a frequency with a Multistream which is also broadcast in T2MI
All this in C band on the SES-4 satellite at 22°West.
The frequency was found by blindscan with the 3 MIS.
However, the T2MI PID and the Input Stream ID must be entered manually
which are not found automatically when T2MIs are in multistreams.

stephan94
09-26-2022, 01:03 AM
A bit O.T.
Some people have asked me what skin I use.
It's the "Celebes Dark-FHD" skin made for OpenPLI,
it works perfectly with TNAP4.2

W6MMS
09-29-2022, 01:33 PM
Regarding the 4.2 images for the Osmio4K+ hardware: I have a few rookie questions and admit the answers might be obvious (since I don't work with these things very much).

(1) The two versions are osmio4Kplus USB and osmiu4Kplus multiboot. Is a reasonable guess to assume that the multiboot version would be a good choice (since older versions are already in some slots of my receiver)?

(2) The files in the downloads for the USB version (emmc.img, imageversion, noforce, splash.bin) differ from the multiboot version (kernel.bin, imageversion, roots.tar.bz2). Is this intentional?

I appreciate all the work that goes into the firmware development. The earlier firmware I'm running is working well, so doing nothing to update is a reasonable choice.

-Craig

el bandido
09-29-2022, 05:20 PM
The usb version is designed for recovery and will be installed in slot one of the receiver. This version needs to be unzipped before the receiver can load it. This version may also be force installed when needed for recovery.

The multiboot version is designed to be installed in one of the multiboot slots using the menus in the receiver. The multiboot version should not be unzipped!

el bandido
09-29-2022, 05:21 PM
A bit O.T.
Some people have asked me what skin I use.
It's the "Celebes Dark-FHD" skin made for OpenPLI,
it works perfectly with TNAP4.2

Post the .ipk file for this skin and I will install it in feeds. Thanks.

stephan94
09-30-2022, 02:36 AM
Post the .ipk file for this skin and I will install it in feeds. Thanks.

unfortunately this skin is not in IPK,
here is a ZIP of the skin

sattech64
10-13-2022, 02:23 AM
I finally got around to update my receiver this morning.
For me I installed 4.2 in the #2 slot just incase. After everything I needed was scanned back in along with some maintenance on the favorites list everything is working great I love the new imgagery! I've still got that screwey motor problem to sort out which when the rain is over I'll get on and see if I can iron out whatever thats making it unhappy. Great job on compiling this version!

WT

sattech64
10-14-2022, 05:21 PM
I have noticed one possible bug in 4.2 for me anyway. I am using a 10600 universal on my dish for 87W and when I set it up as universal and press the green button to save when I exit the setup pages I'm fine on 87. I have been having strange problems with COZI on KU which for me is on a fixed GeoSat dish using a GeoSat Pro standard with 10750 LO For some reason it was fine last night but not working this afternoon. Anyway when I tune to COZI and then return to LPB it is out also but the LO frequency has shifted to 10750 also and should be 10600. Anyone else with a LNB setup like mine experiencing such a problem? Other than that everything is smooth as silk for me. But then again if something silly is going to happen most likely it will happen to me LOL For further reference I forgot to mention this is working through a Diseqc 1.0 switch on port 4 but this shouldn't be of any concern.

Thanks in Advance

WT

EDIT:

Looks like a fresh setup took care of the lnb quirk knock on wood. Also I was having trouble with the time failing to sync and reverting to 1970 so far that problem has been repaired also.

Thanks again for all the effort in compiling these images!

WT

Megatron817
10-14-2022, 05:35 PM
I have noticed one possible bug in 4.2 for me anyway. I am using a 10600 universal on my dish for 87W and when I set it up as universal and press the green button to save when I exit the setup pages I'm fine on 87. I have been having strange problems with COZI on KU which for me is on a fixed GeoSat dish using a GeoSat Pro standard with 10750 LO For some reason it was fine last night but not working this afternoon. Anyway when I tune to COZI and then return to LPB it is out also but the LO frequency has shifted to 10750 also and should be 10600. Anyone else with a LNB setup like mine experiencing such a problem? Other than that everything is smooth as silk for me. But then again if something silly is going to happen most likely it will happen to me LOL For further reference I forgot to mention this is working through a Diseqc 1.0 switch on port 4 but this shouldn't be of any concern.

Thanks in Advance

WT

No problem like that here. I've got a universal lnbf on ses 10 ku labled lnb 3 and standard lnbf ses 3 ku labled lnb 1. My lnb 2 is C band all all through a DiSEqC 1.0 port A is lnb 1, port B is lnb 2 and port C is lnb 3. You got to set your ports up correctly.

el bandido
10-14-2022, 08:52 PM
TNP 4.2 uses the same diseqc and lnb commands as TNAP 4.1 and TNAP 4.0. So it is doubtful the image is the problem. You may post your settings file in /etc/enigma2 if you continue to have problems.

sattech64
10-14-2022, 10:15 PM
I will keep watching to see how things go. The cozi problem was it was switched to a C band LOF ! Is there a specific exit sequence that should be used after saving a setting? I'm with you I highly doubt there is a problem with this version but thought I'd check to sure since it has happened more than once. FWIW the USALS seem to show a slightly different calculation that the previous version. I had to move my dish maybe 1/4 inch west to lock and ID 87 So maybe my motor problems are over :) I
l will check that out after tomorrow when my wifes shown on LPB records tomorrow LOL

Thanks for the help! And Thanks for your work on compiling this version!!

sattech64
10-14-2022, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. The problem is that sometimes after setting a LNB LO next time you switch to a KU signal the LO may be 10750 or 5150 instead of say 10600
Bound to be something very simple I'm doing after setting up the LNB. I did notice that one of my fixed dishes was on the wrong port.

el bandido
10-14-2022, 10:26 PM
As mentioned in post#11, Each lnb needs a different lnb number.

sattech64
10-14-2022, 10:34 PM
Yeah I'm aware of that and I started from scratch at LNB 1 and configuring it as 10750 2 as 5150 and 3 as 10600
Maybe that will alleviate my problem. So far it's done fine

Thanks for the suggestion!

WT

navagator
01-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Found a new menu item in TNAP 4.2 on the mio4k and it was installed part of the Pluto tv Plugin. Menu/setup/System/ServiceApp. Now that I have set it to On and gstplayer as the player the channels are playing better with the advertisements. I'll post some screenshots of how I have mine setup.
Found If you want to play the youtube plugin turn the serviceAPP off to get the youtube videos playing.

Are the commercials still working for you in Pluto? Mine don't, it just goes to a black screen and the the programming never comes back on.

Megatron817
01-24-2023, 09:49 PM
Are the commercials still working for you in Pluto? Mine don't, it just goes to a black screen and the the programming never comes back on.

Some Pluto commercial breaks are ok on some channels. I got a plugin AJ Player Bar that I use to restart the stream when it needs it but it still not perfect. Some of the streams jump back a few minutes when refreshing. The Pluto VOD plays fine on tnap 4.2 but the time remaining counter gets off so you don't know how much longer the show or movie is a lot of the time. tnap 5. is not good for the Pluto VOD is freezes up alot can't finish the show.

navagator
01-25-2023, 02:23 PM
Some Pluto commercial breaks are ok on some channels. I got a plugin AJ Player Bar that I use to restart the stream when it needs it but it still not perfect. Some of the streams jump back a few minutes when refreshing. The Pluto VOD plays fine on tnap 4.2 but the time remaining counter gets off so you don't know how much longer the show or movie is a lot of the time. tnap 5. is not good for the Pluto VOD is freezes up alot can't finish the show.

Okay, well maybe the Pluto plugin will be improved someday. I hope so, I really like it.

Thanks

maor77gt
02-05-2023, 01:45 PM
Will it be possible for you to enable the option to install oscam please

Megatron817
05-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Okay, well maybe the Pluto plugin will be improved someday. I hope so, I really like it.

Thanks

Testing the Openpli Nightly Build Python 3 2023-05-04 and Pluto TV plugin quality is improved. Still not 100% perfect but it is a lot better.