PDA

View Full Version : How To - Update Firmware AMIKO MINI HD265, MINI 4K UHD S2X Receiver

Hyper Casey
10-02-2022, 03:30 PM

*You can check the F/W version in your receiver by going to menu on remote, hit OK, System, hit OK, Information, hit OK. You now see system info.

*Firmware update will delete all channel info. You should back-up your sat/channel list before doing a firmware upgrade. It is also recommended to do a factory reset before the upgrade.

Anyways, here is how to Update Firmware:

1) Save the downloaded firmware file on a USB thumb drive.

2) Plug USB thumb drive to into receiver. Wait for receiver to recognize USB connection, it will show on screen.

3) Using Remote, click on "Menu" and go to "System", click OK

4) Go to "Software Upgrade", click OK

5) Go to "Upgrade by USB", click ok

6) Set these values:

Upgrade File < uda < leave as uda
Upgrade File < here you select the file from the USB thumb drive. example MINI 4K UHD V1.0.23.abs
Upgrade mode < change to ALL SW + bootloader
Start < hit OK on remote to load firmware

It will show

Reading Data
Burning Flash ..... etc..
Do not power off during this process

The receiver will restart, and re-boot with the current Firmware.

7) You are done - enjoy!

:brows:

Hyper Casey
10-02-2022, 04:56 PM
Amiko MINI 4K UHD S2X - How To Check System Info

Hit Menu on remote, hit OK

System, hit OK

Information, hit OK

You now see system info.

Texan61
04-02-2023, 08:10 PM
I first backed up to usb. Successfully backed up. Then chose upgrade and it burned successfully. However the version remains at 1.0.44. I first tried to unzip using Winrar and Winzip. Files showed unknown or damaged. I tried again just having rar file on usb stick and it said no file found. Any suggestions are appreciated. Also where is reset to factory located? Thanks

Texan61
04-02-2023, 09:27 PM
Finally found on Appstore an app called unarchiver that unrar’d successfully! Still don’t know how to reset Amiko 4k mini to factory…

el bandido
04-03-2023, 03:28 PM
Welcome to Legitfta!

7 Zip should be useful for opening .rar type files. Factory reset should be found under the settings menu if I recall correctly. About the only practical use for the Factory Reset feature is if you made a ton of mistakes setting up the receiver.

Texan61
04-03-2023, 07:23 PM
Thank you sir! 7 zip from Appstore didn’t work. I flashed from 1.0.44 to 1.0.52 with file that Casey posted in January. Instructions for flash recommend factory reset. I didn’t find it under settings menu.

Texan61
04-03-2023, 07:25 PM
*Firmware update will delete all channel info. You should back-up your sat/channel list before doing a firmware upgrade. It is also recommended to do a factory reset before the upgrade.

el bandido
04-03-2023, 09:16 PM
What does 1.0.44 to 1.0.52 gives you performance-wise? What is the reason for this upgrade?

Default Value will be as close as you get to a Factory Default with the 1.0.44 firmware. You may find Default Value under Default Setting in the System menu (Menu--->System--->Default Setting--->Default Value).

My suggestion is to not load or upgrade firmware unless you have a reason to do so. Upgrading the firmware or loading a channel list can brick the receiver. A RS232 connection would be needed to restore a bricked receiver. Doing a RS232 recovery is no big deal. Just be careful about loading channel lists or firmwares.

Keith Brannen
04-03-2023, 09:59 PM
My suggestion is to not load or upgrade firmware unless you have a reason to do so. Upgrading the firmware or loading a channel list can brick the receiver. A RS232 connection would be needed to restore a bricked receiver. Doing a RS232 recovery is no big deal. Just be careful about loading channel lists or firmwares.

Very wise words to follow. I learned the hard way with my Amiko Mini HD265. I upgraded the firmware (and I was hesitant to do so, but did anyway, like an idiot) and it upgraded fine. However, when I re-loaded my channel list it bricked it. I believe the fact that I had modified the satellite list was probably the cause. Tried the RS232 route, but I think the old computer I was using had a problem (I had the correct type of plug, and had rewired to specs needed) and it was a no-go. Shipped it back to where I bought if from, he recovered the receiver, but each time he tried to re-load my channel list it bricked it. Won't ever to that again! LOL!

el bandido
04-04-2023, 08:45 PM
To flash a firmware the proper proper file with an .abs has to be installed on a pen drive or usb drive. This drive needs to be inserted into the receiver while the power is OFF so the reciver can "see" the file when it is powered on.

Files with the extension .rar are compressed. Google search rar decompress if you need assistance with decompressing or extracting files from a .rar archive.
[Only registered and activated users can see links] yBQgAEIAEMgUIABCABDIFCAAQgAQyBQgAEIAEMgcIABCABBAKM ggIABCABBDLATIICAAQigUQhgM6BAgjECc6CwguEIoFENQCEJE COggIABCKBRCRAjoLCC4QgAQQsQMQgwE6EQguEIAEELEDEIMBE McBENEDOgsIABCKBRCxAxCDAToLCC4QgAQQxwEQ0QM6DgguEIo FELEDEIMBEJECOgsIABCABBCxAxCDAToNCAAQgAQQFBCHAhCxA zoICAAQgAQQsQM6BQguEIAEOg4ILhCABBCxAxDHARDRAzoKCAA QgAQQFBCHAjoKCAAQgAQQsQMQCjoKCC4QsQMQgAQQClAAWIUsY N0taABwAHgAgAGEAYgBhQySAQQzLjExmAEAoAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

Shown below is a short video that shows a file named AMIKO_Mini_4K_S2X_1.0.52_conax.abs being flashed into the Amiko Mini4K receiver. This file was put onto an usb drive and inserted into the receiver while it was powered off.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Texan61
04-05-2023, 03:57 AM
I flashed my Amiko 4k mini just days after receiving it. I only had scanned one satellite and I deleted those channels and used default before flashing to 1.0.52. Now the radio list has many Muzak entries and I look forward to listening to them once my Stab HH90 rotor issue is repaired and will successfully search for new satellites as it did before freezing somewhere in between them while using my Edision mio 4k plus. With some luck and employing knowledge from this site and from those that are gracious enough to assist I hope to get back to a working system.

el bandido
04-05-2023, 08:41 AM
You cannot fix hardware problems with software. There are few exceptions to this statement. The Edision mio 4k plus is a better and more advanced receiver than the Amiko Mini 4K, but both receivers will allow you to watch tv and both receivers have similar tuning capabilities.

Anyway, good to know that you got the flashing of the Amiko sorted out. Enjoy your receivers!