PDA

View Full Version : New Enigma2 box setup

armadillo_115
10-21-2022, 11:29 AM
I want to telnet into my Edison OS Mio and use FileZilla to copy my Lamedb, channels, bouquets, sat positions, etc, etc... so that I can then paste them into a new receiver. I want to avoid a complete new box config.

What all needs to be copied? And where does it get pasted in the new receiver or new slot.I lost a tutorial link that explained the process. Anybody have a link to that info? I must not be using the right search words in duckduckgo.

No rush on this... have not ordered a new box yet.
Thanks...
James W

Edit: Will be going from an OpenATV on the old OS Mio to probably another OpenATV slot on the new receiver... If the image makes an difference.

el bandido
10-21-2022, 04:03 PM
Almost everything you need or use will be in /etc/enigma2 of receiver files. So copy the whole eingma2 folder.

armadillo_115
10-21-2022, 05:53 PM
Even when moving to a different make/model receiver?
It may also be going from a python2 image to python3 image.

I know I could export/import Bouquets in WebIF... but that wouldn't get everything I hope to move over.
Thanks.

el bandido
10-21-2022, 06:59 PM
There shouldn't be any python files in /etc/enigma2, so it wouldn't matter if it was python 2 or python 3.
Pretty much everything in the /etc/enigma2 folder should transfer from one receiver to the next when using the exact same image. Your main problem will be the settings file. If the nims in the two receivers are different then the settings file will need to be altered. OpenAtv identifies nims differently than most other images, so the settings file might need to be modified slightly if it were to be reused in a different image.

armadillo_115
10-21-2022, 07:30 PM
Cool, Thanks for the info!

Now to decide which receiver to purchase. :hide:

el bandido
10-22-2022, 11:10 AM
Newly released receivers enigma2 that have OpenPLi support will be shown in red here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I usually don't mess with receivers that Do Not Have OpenPLi support.

armadillo_115
10-22-2022, 07:51 PM
I see why you point that out... but I'm still not convinced. :nana:

LMAO... just saw this > :viper: