PDA

View Full Version : Edision OS MIO+ 4K

lme
06-06-2023, 02:50 PM
there is also a canadian seller:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
...but I personally had bad experience with him...

el bandido
06-06-2023, 08:03 PM
At best, Tek2000 cannot be trusted and is way overpriced. I will not buy anything from this seller.

I think RPS Satellite in Canada is a reputable dealer.

GFM
06-07-2023, 01:38 AM
Thought RPS had pulled their website a few months back. Maybe just updates. Glad they are still in business.
Just bought one of the last MIOs, I have had one for a few years and worked great up until lately. Think the network interface is failing, if I re-boot the unit it works for about an hour maybe two then lose the stream. HDMI works but is complicated for one of the the "users" to switch ports on the TV and sound system. Running everything through KODI makes it simple.
Cheers!
-G

el bandido
06-07-2023, 05:29 AM
The MIO networking problem could probably be fixed as there are other options,. Anyway, you got a new receiver!

GFM
06-07-2023, 09:52 AM
I use the USB connector at the back for data storage/PVR, was thinking the system might not handle another dongle. Then it might be something else internally that might be causing the issue...
Using tnap 4.1 haven't updated to 4.2, updated software version recently made no difference to the network issue which was the reason for the update. The receiver part works great though, I have a second site within the LAN I could put the old receiver if I could get the network issue ironed out. Any tips would be appreciated.
Tnx EB!
-G.

el bandido
06-07-2023, 10:53 AM
The MIO can accept an usb hub, so you may run multiple usb devices.

You are welcome to start a thread and explain in detail Exactly what is happening and how things are configured. Every network can be different and it can be hard to diagnose network problems because they can be different. The odds of the problem being in the receiver or reciver firmwares are not that great but anything is possible.

lme
06-07-2023, 06:54 PM
At best, Tek2000 cannot be trusted and is way overpriced. I will not buy anything from this seller.

I think RPS Satellite in Canada is a reputable dealer.

Yes, rpssat is trustworthy seller, but they ship only in Canada, and they do not have osmio 4k anymore.

GFM
06-17-2023, 11:44 AM
New MIO4K+ arrived early this week and I finally got to set it up today. Working very nicely. Have a few sats to scan yet but almost done.
Awesome receiver. Too bad there is no more. Maybe a replacement will come one of these days that is as good or better, just updated a bit.
Cheers!
-C.

cyberham
06-18-2023, 09:35 AM
Years ago when living near Toronto, I tried to buy a dish from tek2000. But they would not allow physical pickup even though they are located in a Toronto suburb. I thought that was unreasonable when I could easily have picked up the dish in my van. So I've stayed away in later years.

rps.sat is reputable. Currently, they have listed on their site only an Edision OS Mini 4K and Edision OS Mio 4K. These each only have one receiver, not two, like the Edision OS Mio+ has. So be aware of what you're buying. As long as we're namedropping, I bought my most recent Edision OS Mio+ from Hypermegasat. He's a nice guy and ships into Canada.

I'm having great service from my new Edision and I'll be tempted to upgrade from TNAP 4.1 to 5.0 when available.