PDA

View Full Version : i found a BUD ya'll will this one work.

justeric1agn
07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
i guy is trying to swap me a model t for some junk and looky in the background. lol will this work.:smoke:or do i need to keep on hunting a better dish.it don't look like its picking anything up unless he has a sat buried in the yard. lol

el bandido
07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
That looks like a good dish to get!!!
How big is it??? 4 feet???

justeric1agn
07-05-2011, 07:20 PM
i don't know el i'll ask him i think i'll swap for the t if he throws in the BUD. if you guys think i can revive the old pansat 2500 with it. lol to old to go blow motors at the drag strip but with 3 major drag strips close to home i think i can sell it. ain't had no luck selling the 46 coupe he want to trade this thing for. lol i just saw the BUD in the picture.lol and said theres one.lol ain't the internet great. is he picking up a china sat i don't know about shooting the lmb downward like that.lol wish is was a street car i know i would trade.lol i think this BUD is ripe fur the pickin though.lol

GI_Joe
07-05-2011, 07:22 PM
I had one that looked alot like the one in the pic. It was a 3 foot channel master. Required a 3" pole mount. Worked great. Can't really motorize it - too heavy. Great for a fixed mount dish... Even if you don't get it... get the feedhorn assembly... You can replace the LNBF with a Norsat and it will kick butt on FTA...

el bandido
07-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Actually the dish is aimed higher than it appears.
The lnb on that dish is offset. It is not in the center of the dish like a bigger c band dish.
Offset dishes usually have 20-25 degrees built in so the offset dish lnb is actually "looking" into the sky higher than it appears to be.

justeric1agn
07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
its so sad when i answered him i was wanting this but got that.lol but if the bud pans out i did good again.lol good to have you guys here to help lol uppy would like what i wanted .lol

stone1150
07-06-2011, 08:43 AM
guy is trying to swap me a model t for some junk and looky in the background.

That is an old Primestar dish. More like three feet. Have a great day!

justeric1agn
07-07-2011, 05:12 AM
you're right its a 3 foot primestar dish. oh well he said i can have it if it will do any good

el bandido
07-07-2011, 06:37 AM
A 3 foot dish will work on the KU band

Bellboy
07-07-2011, 08:08 AM
you're right its a 3 foot primestar dish. oh well he said i can have it if it will do any good

I just got a 3ft dish from a good friend, This is what I am starting off with. It should be fun & its a great place to start.

justeric1agn
07-07-2011, 05:04 PM
well its free and comes with its own model T. lol i guess i can play with it until i find a better one that will do more. that poor old pansat been huffed and puffed so many times i might have to jtag it if i load a factory bin.lol

el bandido
07-07-2011, 05:22 PM
What do you need to load the factory bin for??? The bin that is in it should work.:yes2:

el bandido
07-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I just got a 3ft dish from a good friend, This is what I am starting off with. It should be fun & its a great place to start.

Excellent!!!
What lnb are you going to use???
I would consider 30 inches or about 2.5 Feet to be the minimum dish size for ku linear. 3 Feet will be OK and it is a good place to start.
The pole the dish will be mounted on is as important as the dish itself. Do a good job on it so you can add a motor!!!

justeric1agn
07-07-2011, 06:13 PM
What do you need to load the factory bin for??? The bin that is in it should work.:yes2:

thats good to know. thanks i'll have to to ask ya'll what to buy and how to hook it up glad someone else is doing the same thing maybe he'll be kind and take pics as he goes so i can copy his work here in alabama.lol maybe make a 3 foot how to thread out of it for us noobs.

but what a thought never thought about it i does find the sats does the blind scans and picks up the channels it just won't do anything i can remeber maybe a channel or two. lol thanks eb. good point. makes sense now.just have to go thru the KU band sats and point it towards them and do a scan for channels. i'll read thru the wild KU band feeds and see what it will pick up.

justeric1agn
07-08-2011, 04:34 PM
will this dish work better???found it today 8 foot fiberglass dish with motor and poll. and it is big and ugly

07-08-2011, 04:41 PM
That'll do the job for both c and ku. Looks in a bit of rough state, definitely could use some tlc. If the motor hasn't ceased then your in business. Only need to slap on a c/ku lnbf.

ViP3R
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
will this dish work better???found it today 8 foot fiberglass dish with motor and poll. and it is big and ugly

The bigger the better Eric,,,mesh would be better..much lighter to work with in every way. looks like you get some good choices, so just wait for the right one that will work best for yaa.

What I mean to say Eric is it looks like you can find a better dish, don't rush in on the first few. keep posting and your gonna find a winner that you won't need to buy another lnb or other parts to start.

justeric1agn
07-08-2011, 04:56 PM
they grow wild here in alabama.lol i have to go get this one in the morning. i can spray it with car paint or use clorox on it. it ain't that bad.lol i can always make a fountain out of these fiberglass ones if i find a wire mesh one.lol and i will this one came in off craigslist. lol the little one is comeing with the t bucket:wee_hee:

ViP3R
07-08-2011, 05:03 PM
they grow wild here in alabama.lol i have to go get this one in the morning. i can spray it with car paint or use clorox on it. it ain't that bad.lol i can always make a fountain out of these fiberglass ones if i find a wire mesh one.lol and i will this one came in off craigslist. lol the little one is comeing with the t bucket:wee_hee:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

justeric1agn
07-08-2011, 05:08 PM
i do have 2 pansat 2500's lol

justeric1agn
07-08-2011, 05:14 PM
put the little dish one top of the big dish and a little direc tv dish on top and make a water fall. lol

07-09-2011, 05:28 AM
i do have 2 pansat 2500's lol

I use my pansat 2500 outdoors when I'm tweaking the dish or skewing my lnb. I check the signal quality indoors first before going outside to improve it.

justeric1agn
07-09-2011, 05:53 AM
it will come in handy having two of them.lol oh well of to go harvest a bud. i'll take pics of the lmb when i get home. so ya'll can tell me to throw it away or if it will work. the guy just bought this house and wants the eyesore gone .lol :greed:

07-09-2011, 05:57 AM
it will come in handy having two of them.lol oh well of to go harvest a bud. i'll take pics of the lmb when i get home. so ya'll can tell me to throw it away or if it will work. the guy just bought this house and wants the eyesore gone .lol :greed:

Similar case in my hood as well, hooked up my neighbour with a 10' mesh bud. Owner just wanted it removed. Happy hunting.

justeric1agn
07-09-2011, 11:18 AM
one of the neighbors were i got this one had a dish just like your avi. but it was rusted thru most the supports and the mesh was rusted thru so i got the fiberglass one. thy wanted me to haul off the metal one bad. it had electric motor and all.the one post lmb and everything just like ya'll said was the best but it was to far gone. i said i'll be right back.lol

justeric1agn
07-09-2011, 12:28 PM
here is the lmb that came with the fiberglass one.its a channel master if that helps. man this bud stuff is alot of work.lol

07-10-2011, 05:35 AM
here is the lmb that came with the fiberglass one.its a channel master if that helps. man this bud stuff is alot of work.lol

Well worth it once you see how many open channels are actually up there, especially on c band.

justeric1agn
07-10-2011, 06:37 AM
glad i was trying to get two of them at once my 3 footer got away along with the T. i didn't want that thing when i saw it and he didn't want my junk. i let him go home.lol