PDA

View Full Version : Installing a hotdish90

Bellboy
07-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Ok I need some help on the install of this dish. I do want to add a motor in the future.
hotdish90 offset dish, Standard ku lnbf. openbox S10
for starters. :greed:
How long of a pole do I need? I do know that pole must be leveled.

Thanks for the help in advance.

el bandido
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Have you already got a spot picked out to install this dish?
Picking a spot for the dish should be one of the first things to do. If you have obstructions or think you have obstructions, you can calculate how they may affect you by using the Satellite Antenna Alignment program found in the link.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Bellboy
07-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks el, I downloaded the file
I have a spot picked out which I think will work. I have a tripod for a dish in the shed maybe I can hook things up temp so I can find the best spot. I'm a newb at this lol I'm going to ask all the dum :omfg: ?'s I have lmao. This should be fun. :bigahh:
I want to do this install step by step so other members can learn as well.

Thanks for the help.

el bandido
07-08-2011, 09:32 PM
IMO, No questions are dumb when a person is trying to learn.

Setting the dish on a temporary tripod has lots of advantages. You can move the dish around and see what satellites are available at a given location. In a way, this is extra work but it may save you from digging a hole and planting a dish pole that you need to move.

For me, a good motor pole will be about 2.5 inches in outside diameter. It will be black steel pipe with a schedule 40 wall thickness. I expect my ku motor poles to hold up to 50 pounds of weight.

Motor poles can vary in length. Here in Atlanta and the surrounding area, we have a clay type of soil so digging down real deep and using a lot of concrete is not really necessary. 2.5 to 3 Feet deep is about as far as I care to dig for a ku motor pole.
The length of the pole is decided by the area where the dish will be installed. In almost all installations, about half of your dish will be above the top of the pole. this means that you could probably get a 5 foot piece of pipe and put 2 feet of it in the ground, leaving 3 feet to run your 3 foot dish. This would be cutting it close but it would probably work with a ku motor.
For my installations, I like to get a pipe that is between 8 and 9 feet long. This length gives me plenty of pipe to stick in the ground and the completed installation leaves me with 5-6 feet of pipe to work with. I do not like to go any higher than 6 feet because the pole is easier to move on its own, plus you may need a ladder to make adjustments.
In December of 2007, I wrote an article on installing a motor pole. Some of the things I did are overkill but I have not had any problems with that pole. The motor pole .pdf file can be found in the link. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Bellboy
07-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I will mess with the tripod we have the same clay base as you do in NC so anchoring the tripod wont be a problem lol it might be more work but its a good way to learn & the wife will kill me if I put to many holes in the yard.

I have been playing with the sat angle app you posted. I am at Lat- 36, 8.6 min N & Long- 80, 8.5 min W. Still learning the app. I will go with a pole like your talking about. I downloaded the pdf & will go over it in the morning.
Thanks bro

Bellboy
07-13-2011, 11:11 AM
I now have the dish mounted on the tripod. What sat should I go after to test? What are the LNB settings?

el bandido
07-13-2011, 11:49 AM
What lnb do you have?? What is the make and model number?
If it is standard, the l.o. will be 10750.
If it is universal, use 10600 and turn the 22KHz tone ON. OR use the universal setting of 9750/10600.
An easy satellite to get will be SES1 at 101 West. Look at Lyngsat: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Goto dishpointer.com and enter your address and your aiming information will be displayed when you select the SES1 satellite.

Bellboy
07-13-2011, 12:08 PM
The bracket that mounts on back of dish does the arrow point up or down was no instr. with dish?

el bandido
07-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Check out the installation videos.
Google hotdish90 instructions

[Only registered and activated users can see links]=en&xhr=t&q=hotdish90+instructions&cp=22&pf=p&sclient=psy&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=hotdish90+instructions&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a6dd9527a3a501e9&biw=1280&bih=678

Bellboy
07-13-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm done for today its raining. The best I got using the S10 was S-45, Q-6. :swear: Will mess with it tomorrow. Thanks for the help El

el bandido
07-13-2011, 06:46 PM
We need to know what kind of lnb you have.
You need to be using the correct antenna settings for your lnb or you will get nothing.
You need to look for a signal on a transponder that actually has a signal. Some transponders are dead. If you are looking for a signal on a dead transponder, you will have big problems finding the satellite!!!
It should get easier after you catch your first bird. EB

Bellboy
07-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Ok I need some help on the install of this dish. I do want to add a motor in the future.
hotdish90 offset dish, Standard ku lnbf. openbox S10
for starters. :greed:
How long of a pole do I need? I do know that pole must be leveled.

Thanks for the help in advance.

First post Bro lol, Well it stopped raining so I went back outside but I took the old Pansat 2500. As soon as I hook it up I started to get single. so I went tru the sat list & pick the strongest one with single & quality. It was satmex5, so I played with the dish & got 88% single & 45 quality. I then did a scan for the hell of it. It was getting late.

I pulled in 6 channels they were Chinese. So I am at 116.8w & now have a starting point. Will mess with it tomorrow, I'm glad I got something. :clap: LOL

THe ? I have is on the lnb & the mount have numbers do I set this to zero & what does this do? Its the lnb skew.
Thanks El

el bandido
07-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Adjust the lnb skew for maximum signal strength. Dishpointer.com tells you how many degrees of skew you need for a certain satellite. A satellite that is directly South of you should have 0 degrees of lnb skew.

Out of curiosity, What transponder frequency did you find the 116.8 Chinese channels on???

Bellboy
07-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Adjust the lnb skew for maximum signal strength. Dishpointer.com tells you how many degrees of skew you need for a certain satellite. A satellite that is directly South of you should have 0 degrees of lnb skew.

Out of curiosity, What transponder frequency did you find the 116.8 Chinese channels on???

I was going to check the transponder but it was getting late & the bugs were hitting me good lol. I will check it in the morning & adjust the skew. I want to make sure I'm on the right sat.

Thanks

07-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Those Chinese channels are on Satmex 6 at 113w. That's the only ku tp I pick up on that sat.

ViP3R
07-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Nice, glad you see you are getting somewhere now Bellboy. The Pansat does have a better signal meter, so I would stick with that until you have found the sats you want, then switch over to the openbox so you can scan in any available DVBS2 and HD channels.

I belive you are using a Standard so as el said should be 10750 MHz LO frequency.

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Ok this what I am getting.

TP 12080H 25.634
Channels- Da-A1, cctv4$, Hwazan, MacTV, BVN-TV, Reuters wns$

Thanks costa will take a look at that sat. Yep satmex6

ViP3R
07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Ok this what I am getting.

TP 12080H 25.634
Channels- Da-A1, cctv4$, Hwazan, MacTV, BVN-TV, Reuters wns$

Thanks costa will take a look at that sat. Yep satmex6

Your are on 113 satmex6 for sure. So at least you know what direction to move the dish now, if your going for 101W, Go to the menu page of 101W AND TP 12119 V 30000 then move the dish east till you see a good signal, that is a strong transponder. Not sure if your using a motor so you may have to go to dishpointer and find the correct elevation for 101w.

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Your are on 113 satmex6 for sure. So at least you know what direction to move the dish now, if your going for 101W, Go to the menu page of 101W AND TP 12119 V 30000 then move the dish east till you see a good signal, that is a strong transponder. Not sure if your using a motor so you may have to go to dishpointer and find the correct elevation for 101w.

No motor yet, Thanks for the info will do. Got the info for 101w. back outside lol

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I got 101w. I'm getting 76 channels. I'm going to adjust some more for max single. If things go well this will be the site for my pole.
by the way Viper didn't have TP 12119 V 30000, I used TP 12120 used S10
Thanks for the help.

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 11:52 AM
I didn't flash the S10 just used it out of the box. Will take a look at whats new.

ViP3R
07-14-2011, 12:05 PM
I got 101w. I'm getting 76 channels. I'm going to adjust some more for max single. If things go well this will be the site for my pole.
Thanks for the help.

Seems like allot of channels...are you getting History and Biography. you might be getting some bleed over from 103. and need to fine tune.

But sounds like a good location for the dish.

el bandido
07-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the help.

Good to see Progress!!!!
You need to get 125 West and 30 West. These two satellites will be on the outer ends of your satellite arc. EB

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Good to see Progress!!!!
You need to get 125 West and 30 West. These two satellites will be on the outer ends of your satellite arc. EB

:lolsign: You beat me to it El was going to ask what I needed to do to make sure were I'm at is good for a motor as well.

Will go out and try to pick up these sats. Can you tell me what are the strong TP's on those sats?

07-14-2011, 01:24 PM
CubaVision tp is the strongest on Hispasat at 30w:

11884 V 27500

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Seems like allot of channels...are you getting History and Biography. you might be getting some bleed over from 103. and need to fine tune.

But sounds like a good location for the dish.

Some of the channels don't come in & some are $ channels. I think your right with the fine tuning. getting 87S & 76Q. I notice with some boxes this would be OK but from what I see openbox doesn't have a great single meter. I'm going to go after 30w & 125w like El said.
Thanks

ViP3R
07-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Some of the channels don't come in & some are $ channels. I think your right with the fine tuning. getting 87S & 76Q. I notice with some boxes this would be OK but from what I see openbox doesn't have a great single meter. I'm going to go after 30w & 125w like El said.
Thanks

When your scanning, just choose the FTA only option and you won't get all those extra $ channels...from time to time some are open, but for now better to choose FTA only.

I does not have a great meter for finding birds, but I can watch channels with 10% Q. once your there you will see what I mean.

Great job!!!

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I went out & tried to get 30W but was having troubles, I have a 40ft tree in the area I pointed to. Not sure if I will be able to get it. I wont give up might move the dish back some.

So I went ahead & moved the dish to 125W & got it. I know I'm on the right sat by checking Lyngsat. Getting about 12 or so fta channels.

Whats a good ku sat with Spanish channels, the wife is from PR & would enjoy them???

Thanks Viper for the info on fta only channel setting.

el bandido
07-14-2011, 05:18 PM
30 West Has channels in Spanish.

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 06:03 PM
30 West Has channels in Spanish.

I will work on getting 30W tomorrow. I will have to move the tripod & start over. I hate to move it got 3 sats at that Loc. but it will only make me better.:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Thanks El

el bandido
07-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Think moving a tripod is bad??? Wait until you move a motorized dish...:nah:

Anyway you are right. It is good practice for dish aiming.

Lee
07-14-2011, 07:05 PM
I will work on getting 30W tomorrow. I will have to move the tripod & start over. I hate to move it got 3 sats at that Loc. but it will only make me better.:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Thanks El
What does not kill me....can only make me stronger.

Bellboy
07-14-2011, 09:24 PM
What does not kill me....can only make me stronger.

I used that saying for many years now. I'm not dead yet! :lolsign:

el bandido
07-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Did you ever find 30 West or have you made any more progress?

Bellboy
07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Very busy week here a lot of appointments with the wife & 120 with heat index doesn't help. hope to get back to it this weekend. Thanks El

Bellboy
07-23-2011, 11:17 AM
I just got 30W I checked Lyngsat to make sure I was on right sat, I will now make sure I still can get 125W were I moved the tripod.

el bandido
07-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Good!!!
It sounds like it is time to do some digging.
Of course you want the horizon to be as clear as possible from 30 to 125. You want to be able to get every satellite in between.

Bellboy
07-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Just got 125W at this spot. So I can get 30W & 125W at this spot. Need to fine tune 125W a little more.

Should I try to get some of the sats in the middle & if yes what sats should I go for.

Thanks for the help?

ViP3R
07-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Just got 125W at this spot. So I can get 30W & 125W at this spot. Need to fine tune 125W a little more.

Should I try to get some of the sats in the middle & if yes what sats should I go for.

Thanks for the help?

If you got that range from 30 to 125 on KU not much after that..perfect spot for a dish..Motor will bring you everything..did you get the HD PBS channels ok on 125..

Bellboy
07-23-2011, 01:49 PM
If you got that range from 30 to 125 on KU not much after that..perfect spot for a dish..Motor will bring you everything..did you get the HD PBS channels ok on 125..

I did get PBS but not great was going to fine tune when the sky opened up. LOL Had to run & put everything away. Going to look for some of the sats in the middle just to play around tomorrow. If everything is OK that will be my pole spot. If this didn't work I was going to mount the dish on my shed & try that. I don't give up that easy. I must say I have enjoyed playing with the dish so far.

Thanks for all the help.

ViP3R
07-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I think your good where you are bro...mount the sucker...:bigclap:

Bellboy
07-23-2011, 02:14 PM
I think your good where you are bro...mount the sucker...:bigclap:

Thanks foker, Going to read El's pole install guide again & get my pole & c-met tomorrow. :fatdance:

el bandido
07-23-2011, 03:30 PM
You need to see if you can pick up a magnetic protractor so you can see the actual angle of the dish. You will need it!!! EB

Bellboy
07-23-2011, 05:03 PM
You need to see if you can pick up a magnetic protractor so you can see the actual angle of the dish. You will need it!!! EB

I will make sure I get one.

Bellboy
07-23-2011, 05:08 PM
What motor do you guys recommend for the hot dish90?

el bandido
07-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Give me some time and I will look for a motor. Just remember, The protractor is important if you want to install a motor or dish the easy way.

Bellboy
07-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Give me some time and I will look for a motor. Just remember, The protractor is important if you want to install a motor or dish the easy way.

Thanks Bro will do. Were did you pick your pipe up at?

el bandido
07-23-2011, 06:01 PM
There is a place that sells new steel near me and that is were I get mine.
You will have to look around and see who sells schedule 40 black steel pipe.
Sometimes you can find a used piece at a wrecking or scrap yard. Make sure a used piece is not bent or warped before you buy it.
A new pipe from a steel vendor will probably be 4 or 5 dollars per foot.

Bellboy
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
Its been a while but I'm back. A friend of mine Hockeynut came over & set the motor for me. The motor I had was no good. So we used a SG2100. He use a coolsat 6000 to set up the arc I am getting 125 to 15 with great single & quality. We were right next to the dish. When he left we left the dish at 125. I had to run about 200ft from the dish to the house. I didn't have one long piece so I connect 4 to make the 200ft. Then went in the house hooked up my S10 went to Sat 125 without using the motor want to see what I could scan in.
I used TP12180 V 30000, Now in the house I'm not getting single what I get right now is 32 & 5.

I was going to go back outside tomorrow & set up the S10 at the dish. If it works then its in the cable run. Was getting high single when we were outside. I think its in the cable run. I'm going to but one piece 200ft long for the run tomorrow.

Any Ideas would be appreciated

el bandido
12-29-2011, 07:07 PM
200 feet of coax is too long!!!!
Measure it and tell us exactly how long it is.

chifut
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
..or try with another box ,.Sometime the openbox act funny .

chifut
12-29-2011, 07:28 PM
..PS .There is hint about the hotdish-90 .,but that step is after you find some signal in that condition
If you move the LNB closer to the dish ,you will rise about 15-20% the Quality .

Hockeynut
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM
I figure that was an added bonus as low as the dish was to the ground and the land slowly rose towards the Atlantic.

Elbandido he should be fine with that run of Rg6....My guess is 100-125 ft.

chifut I could not agree with you more about the openbox.I am not going to kick that box at all but for me and what I have seen I would not use it to move a dish.....Is funny to me that an ol cheap SD Cooly is one of the best dish movers that has hit the market....albeit we are not talking about the ol analog box`s.

chifut
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM
.I mean ,sometimes my openbox 9 lock the TP and find the chl,,sometime it can not lock any signal Q on the same TP

el bandido
12-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I figure that was an added bonus as low as the dish was to the ground and the land slowly rose towards the Atlantic.

Elbandido he should be fine with that run of Rg6....My guess is 100-125 ft.

chifut I could not agree with you more about the openbox.I am not going to kick that box at all but for me and what I have seen I would not use it to move a dish.....Is funny to me that an ol cheap SD Cooly is one of the best dish movers that has hit the market....albeit we are not talking about the ol analog box`s.

Good!!! & Thanks for your work!!!
It would still be a good idea to measure it for future reference. Splices create loss. One long run would be better.
Do a blindscan and see if you get anything. Do not worry about signal. See if you get something on a blindscan

Hockeynut
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Well all was good at the dish with 1 solid run of Rg6 about 10 ft to receiver.colosus had 4 seperate breaks to his house with the run...So in all actuallity there is 8 compression fittings between the 4 Barrels...Not good idea and so easy for a prob...all should be good tomorrow when colosus gets 1solid run of Rg6.
I am happy for him because I was a bit leary if we could get to 15, but once the Rg6 is squared away am sure he will be happy.Oh BTW this was my first experience with setting up a Hotdish 90 and I must say I like that dish.I would really like to see how it does against one of my Ariza`s in my backyard...Maybe one day.

el bandido
12-29-2011, 08:50 PM
I stop at 30W. The Stab cannot turn as many degrees as the SG motors, but it can handle the weight!!! I have a Geosat 1.2M and the motors that will go to 15W cannot handle the weight of the Geosat that low. The Hotdish you installed should be about right for that motor.

Hockeynut
12-29-2011, 09:11 PM
I set up another motorized Ku dish using a sg2100 also a few weeks ago for a member at Ricks.That particular dish was a Winegard 1 meter...All in all I would give the edge to any of my Ariza`s performance wise even tho the Ariza`s are a tad bit smaller.(90cm).Now this Hotdish I have listened to the hype on access america but you know how that is.....Anyway I would not hesitate in buying one if in the market for a very well performing small Ku dish.

chifut
12-30-2011, 07:49 AM
My arc is 12,5 W- 113W with 39 inch dish in Florida

12-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I hope you got some signal C. I have to agree that when I go outside I always use my Pansat receiver, I too find the hd ones unreliable. Tracking my arc from 11-127w.

Hockeynut
12-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Costactc you are able to hit the Ku side of Express AM? What type of dish and universal lnb? Where you located?
I can hit Express AM here but is a no go on the Ku side.

ViP3R
12-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Seems like everyone thinks alike.. I use my old coolsat 5000 for locking sats..you just can't beat some of the older models for their tuner sensitivity..

Hockeynut
12-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Is something there viper.I have all kinds of options to move around the 3 motorized Ku`s I have here but low and behold each of my motorized Ku dish`s gets pushed around by it`s own Cooly.Such a shame Coolsat is not around anymore because without a doubt they were way ahead of there time compared to some of these new HD box`s..Manhattan,Openbox.

12-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Costactc you are able to hit the Ku side of Express AM? What type of dish and universal lnb? Where you located?
I can hit Express AM here but is a no go on the Ku side.

I've never attempted a ku scan of Express Am44, just scanning in the 2 Russian channels on c band. I live in Cornwall, Ontario- about 1 hour west of Montreal. My 2 main scanning dishes are a 10' channel master bud with a dmx741 lnbf(as of Spring this dish will be used only for c band). My other dish is a 6' startrack mesh with a bsc621-2 universal lnbf but I would have to mod the mount to get to 11w, I used to be able to with my 6' solid but never tried for 11. I have an 8' fortec star solid which I'll be installing in the Spring.
According to the Lyngsat footprints, I should be able to pick something up on the ku side, time will tell.

Bellboy
12-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Well got most the arc set using the coolsat4000. My problem was my fitting connections. Now the coolsat isn't HD so my question is how can i hook up the S10 in line with the coolsat So I can get the HD stuff ?

Thanks once again to Hockeynut for all his help. He's a good guy & was very happy to get to meet him.

chifut
12-31-2011, 12:04 PM
You can do this in 2 ways
-1...-connect S10 thru to the loop output on the coolsat /the coolsat move the dish/,but that is long trip ,
-2...directly connect the dish/motor/ with S10/move the dish/ and eliminate the coolsat.
..maybe somebody have another options ??/

12-31-2011, 02:16 PM
I would hook it up directly to your openbox, just keep the coolsat for outdoors or whenever in doubt. Set up your motor functions and sats on the openbox as you did on the cs. You can use either hdmi cable or component cables with red and white rca for audio.

Bellboy
12-31-2011, 03:17 PM
I read some were that the S10 wasn't a great dish mover.

Hockeynut
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Well costactc in an ideal setup I would want the openbox pushing around the dish also.I personally know 2 people that have fried there box`s trying to push around a Ku dish.These openbox`s are made oh so cheaply! I am sure some may write back and say my openbox push`s around my Ku dish just fine and thats ok.As for Colosus his openbox may be fine or it may not be fine to move his dish.BUT if and I say if that openbox does not hold up like a couple other of my friends have not held up then Colosus is out of his only box that can view HD and do S2.....So better safe than sorry until a better built HD box is in order.

12-31-2011, 03:29 PM
I've never used either my s9 or s12 to move a disn, I use stand alone positioners(Pansat ap600 and Pansat ap3500). I guess a loop out from cs will have to do, just use seperate tv inputs.

ViP3R
12-31-2011, 03:32 PM
I would have zero problems using the openbox moving a KU dish.. I use the S9 and have used the S10, imo they work very well and have very good motor control with my Stabhh90.. never had any issues in over a year and I move this sucker daily looking for KU feeds..

chifut
12-31-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't have any problem with my Openbox 9 to move the dish on the correct spot now,but it takes almost 3 months to teach it how to do it .
Sometimes have issue with atlantic birds,but no a issue with the 60w-113w birds

Hockeynut
12-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Well tomorrow is what I am waiting for to see how colosus does for SNF on AMC6 with the openbox for the S2 HD feed.Lots of folks have trouble getting that signal sometimes so we shall see if I have done my job correctly.

Hope all has a safe and happy New Years.

Hockeynut
01-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Just checking in to see if colosus was getting the SNF and I see he has been given the boot! Wow..... Did seem like a cool dude tho...

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I have not used the openbox yet, I made my arc now get 127 to 15, I went ahead & scanned in the sats on the cooly. Just playing & trying to learn right now taken small steps.

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Forgot to say I have a 7 1/2 foot dish coming for C ban. Now its time to have some fun.

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 10:26 AM
I have not used the openbox yet, I made my arc now get 127 to 15, I went ahead & scanned in the sats on the cooly. Just playing & trying to learn right now taken small steps.

When you get around to the Openbox, this is a nice file you might want to load ..you can record two channels at the same time and watch a third on the same TP.. has our nice logo on it as well so you will feel at home...lol

Using it myself and liking it.. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Going to have to learn how to load the files lol, The problem I have have is my TV is old doesn't have HMI input so I wont be able to get HD. The TV is suppose to be HD ready. Its about 10 years old

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Going to have to learn how to load the files lol, The problem I have have is my TV is old doesn't have HMI input so I wont be able to get HD. The TV is suppose to be HD ready. Its about 10 years old

Not a problem loading the file we can walk you through that...does the TV have component..if so HD will work fine.

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Not a problem loading the file we can walk you through that...does the TV have component..if so HD will work fine.

Yes but the openbox doesn't

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Damn,, Now I remember why I like the S9..lol

Sorry I forgot about that..

01-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm seeing a new tv in your future C. Awesome to hear your going for c band as well- watch out though, once hooked you get addicted.

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 11:02 AM
This may work though using the component jacks on the TV to the RCA jacks on the S10 for HD.

Put the red RCA into the Red Component slot, white into the blue component spot, and yellow into the green component spot.

This may work for Video, but not sure how we can get audio, maybe someone can chime in on this?

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm going to set it up any way because I want to learn. No hd until I buy a new TV which wont happen it 55" or buy another unit my wish would to have a AZ box. But I need to look for some for now with component out puts.

Please any one jump in this is a good thread for all of us to learn something The more feedback the better.

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
This should do the trick, and much cheaper than a new TV..

Look around, you might find it cheaper..

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Look like comes up items have been removed. What am I look for. I'll try Ebay USA lol

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Am I look for a HMI to component cable?

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Look like comes up items have been removed. What am I look for. I'll try Ebay USA lol

Search for.. HDMI to Component Video YPbPr & Audio Converter Adapter

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
would this work?

Cables To Go 40320 Velocity HDMI to DVI High-Definition Multimedia Interconnect $24.88 at walmart

hxxp://[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Or this P Technologies CL-HDMI/DVI-FM HDMI to DVI Video Adapter

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
No, that wont do it.. The link I posted from ebay works ok with me still...try going on ebay.com and search for the HDMI to Component Video YPbPr & Audio Converter Adapter

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Or this P Technologies CL-HDMI/DVI-FM HDMI to DVI Video Adapter

You don't want a DVI adapter..

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
This what U talking about. hxxp://compare.ebay.com/like/230651699475?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Component video (YPbPr) / VGA to HDMI Output Converter

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
You don't want a DVI adapter..

I have a DVI input on the TV

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 12:54 PM
More like this and cheaper....com link

hxxp://compare.ebay.com/like/400243781902?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

chifut
01-02-2012, 12:59 PM

The DVI input works only for skiny girls ,like that one on your avi..hehehe

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM

That may well work, but DVI imo does not carry a HD signal as well as component..and audio I'm sure.

With the Component unit with audio, I know it will work well. and the price is right.

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 01:17 PM
The DVI input works only for skiny girls ,like that one on your avi..hehehe

LMAO

Bellboy
01-02-2012, 01:18 PM
More like this and cheaper....com link

hxxp://compare.ebay.com/like/400243781902?_lwgsi=y<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Thats the one I will order.

ViP3R
01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Thats the one I will order.

Nice! Once you see some of these nice HD feeds and regular channels you will be glad you did bro..

Bellboy
01-03-2012, 09:28 PM
How can I get the V format nag off the screen S10

01-04-2012, 02:02 PM
How can I get the V format nag off the screen S10

What do you mean by V format nag bud?

Bellboy
01-04-2012, 02:44 PM
What do you mean by V format nag bud?

Got a box popup that said press V format to set it right when a press it it changed the screen to fok up screens in black & white kept pressing it got it back to the screen with color. But could not get the nag box to go away. lol Was driving me crazy. Some how I did get it fix but don't know how I did it lol.

Thanks Costa

ViP3R
01-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Got a box popup that said press V format to set it right when a press it it changed the screen to fok up screens in black & white kept pressing it got it back to the screen with color. But could not get the nag box to go away. lol Was driving me crazy. Some how I did get it fix but don't know how I did it lol.

Thanks Costa

The V format is a button to be avoided.. I used to press it by accident all the time..it sets it to Pal resolution, that's why you will get the black screen or odd colours..keep pressing to get to were you can see video, then use the menu to set it to the resolution your TV is displaying.. The S9 remote is even worse as the button is right below the arrow key's.

Bellboy
01-04-2012, 06:50 PM
That what happy bro

Bellboy
01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Going to play with the S10 today going to remove all the TP's from the sat then add one strong TP and scan. The collsat is set & so is the arc. Time to jump in & learn more about the S10 going to flash with the file Viper suggested. Should I use Usal or 1.2 for the motor?

chifut
01-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I prefer 1.2 ,but you can try USALS - it s easyer ,if no work ,switch to 1,2 .The openbox is very picky on 1.2 position
G.L.

01-05-2012, 01:38 PM
I always use disecq 1.2, I like to manually nudge the dish and set the position at its highest signal quality point. Have a look at Lyngsat to see what else you should be scanning in. If the s9 is anything like the s10 I would use a list to cross reference because it will not scan in all tp.

Bellboy
01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
I always use disecq 1.2, I like to manually nudge the dish and set the position at its highest signal quality point. Have a look at Lyngsat to see what else you should be scanning in. If the s9 is anything like the s10 I would use a list to cross reference because it will not scan in all tp.

I have a chart printed for the TP's When you say nudge do U mean with the box or do u have to be outside to move it by hand. The coolsat has a fine nudge setting built into the unit. I have not found were U can do that with the S10.

Bellboy
01-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I have a chart printed for the TP's When you say nudge do U mean with the box or do u have to be outside to move it by hand. The coolsat has a fine nudge setting built into the unit. I have not found were U can do that with the S10.

Found It

01-06-2012, 01:36 PM

You nudge it with your receiver bud.

ViP3R
01-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Though if your dish is setup properly and I'm sure it is with hockeynuts help..USALS is much easier..you just enter your latitude and longitude in the motor setup menu.
Then just a matter of calling a sat..either start high or low and work your way up or down..scan the birds as you go for channels and watch some TV.

Bellboy
01-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Didn't mess with the dish today but did go help hockeynuts pick up a 10' and he gave me a 7'1/2. So I guess I got to set another pole.

01-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Awesome news bud. As much as I like ku, nothing beats c band for the quality of programming. There are enough open channels on c band to not even require a sub or cable service.

ViP3R
01-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Awesome news bud. As much as I like ku, nothing beats c band for the quality of programming. There are enough open channels on c band to not even require a sub or cable service.

So true Costa with C and KU you don't need to pay for any service, all the networks and more, and now he can put that HD box to good use and get the most out of it.

Bellboy
01-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Well I have U guys to thank for getting me into True FTA, EB, Viper Costa thanks Guys.

Bellboy
01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Here's a few pic's

Bellboy
01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Well wanted another HD Receiver besides the S10. So I took a chance & bid on a Pansat 9200 & got it for $99.00 + shipping.

ViP3R
01-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Here's a few pic's

Very nice job..The C-Band is the same size as mine..your going to have some fun with that.

Bellboy
01-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Very nice job..The C-Band is the same size as mine..your going to have some fun with that.

Thanks Viper, Looking to have fun with the C Band dish as well.

ViP3R
01-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Going by your KU Arc, your going to have a nice C-Band Arc as well...way more birds than me..

Bellboy
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I want to paint the 71/2 dish before I put it up should a use a flat paint?

Hockeynut
01-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Why dont you paint it with a big NYGiants logo on it?:thumbup: Can paint it any way you want colosus! It will not affect the reception with any type of paint or design.

01-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I've been advised to go with a flat paint from others in the past.

Bellboy
01-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Why dont you paint it with a big NYGiants logo on it?:thumbup: Can paint it any way you want colosus! It will not affect the reception with any type of paint or design.

Wife said to paint it a green so when spring thime come it wont stand out & blend in with the woods. LOL

I've been advised to go with a flat paint from others in the past.

That's what I thought too.

Bellboy
01-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Hope someone can tell me what sat i'm on messing with the 9200.

Sat says AMC3
Patient channel tp 11942
MTA1
Channel 5 washington tp11745
I looked & i'm lost lol

ViP3R
01-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Hope someone can tell me what sat i'm on messing with the 9200.

Sat says AMC3
Patient channel tp 11942
MTA1
Channel 5 washington tp11745
I looked & i'm lost lol

This would be....AMC3 KU

Lots of good Channels there bro.. PBS HD channels should show.

01-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Amc3 has been changed to Ses2. One of the better sats, especially on c band with approx. 90 channels scanning in. This sat is the home of the Retro channels in s2.

Bellboy
01-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Well the last few days I have been fine tuning the sats. Going good & I'm learning more as I go. Can't wait to have the time to put up the C Band Dish.

01-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Won't regret it bud, if your enjoying ku just wait till you start scanning c band which has many more open channels and hd as well. Since you already have a dedicated ku set up I would suggest keeping your c band setup just for c band- if you use a dual lnbf you can hook up 2 receivers seperate of each other. That's what I'll be doing once this cold s*** goes away; here's a pic of the bsc422 dual lnbf I'll be testing this Spring. By the way C, if you need a c band lnbf I have an extra one that is not being used:

Bellboy
01-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Won't regret it bud, if your enjoying ku just wait till you start scanning c band which has many more open channels and hd as well. Since you already have a dedicated ku set up I would suggest keeping your c band setup just for c band- if you use a dual lnbf you can hook up 2 receivers seperate of each other. That's what I'll be doing once this cold s*** goes away; here's a pic of the bsc422 dual lnbf I'll be testing this Spring. By the way C, if you need a c band lnbf I have an extra one that is not being used:

KU has been fun bro I enjoy the learning part of it as well as watching TV. Can't wait for the C Band, Just waiting for the weather to help out lol. I am going to have to get a LNBF. How much do you want for it?

01-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Nothing between buds, just take care of the shipping. By the way it's a dual esx242 lnbf:

Bellboy
01-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Nothing between buds, just take care of the shipping. By the way it's a dual esx242 lnbf:

PM me how U want to handle the shipping I can send You a money order. Just let me know & thanks a lot Bro.

01-22-2012, 09:29 AM
No problemo my friend, I'll ship it out this week. I'll just need your addy, send me a pm. Once shipped I'll get back to you on the shipping cost, I've sent others before and shipping is usually in the $15 range.

Bellboy
01-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Just got a new LNBF an Avenger single LNBF Lo freq 9750 & 10600 ghz. What setting do I put it on Single 10600 or Unversal 9.750 10600?

01-30-2012, 01:40 PM
9750/10600.

Bellboy
04-08-2012, 06:35 PM
EB do U still have this file link is dead, Thanks

el bandido
04-08-2012, 09:52 PM
The link has been fixed. Thanks for letting us know about it! EB