PDA

View Full Version : My Pansat 9500HDX

el bandido
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
The Pansat 9500HDX is the latest addition to my collection of Ali 3602 receivers. This receiver costs about as much as two of the cheap Openbox receivers. I have been running the 9500 for a little over a day. So far, I am wondering why Pansat thinks this receiver is worth $250.00 retail?
The basic features of the Openbox are about the same as the basic features of the Pansat 9500HDX. I will compare all of the Ali 3602 receivers that I have to the Pansat 9500HDX in this thread. Perhaps after making some comparisons, we can determine why Pansat thinks this receiver is worth so much money. EB

easily confused
10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Does the clock work? OpenBox seems to have a issue with that.

el bandido
10-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Yes. The clock seems to work but I have done a lot of uploading and downloading of files. The clock will not keep accurate time when you upload and download files to or from the receiver.

ViP3R
10-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Not having one I would only speculate that they are relying on the brand name " Pansat" mixed in with some greed regarding the price..They lost millions after being found guilty of piracy, so that would come into play on the price also.

But I look forward to more posts on the pros and cons, features, ect, to see if it warrants that steep price. I understand it's made in South Korea so the quality should be better than the Chinese boxes. It's really going to have some major pluses though when you could purchase two of the openboxes for the price of one 9500.

el bandido
10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
The Hardware in the Pansat 9500HDX is better than any in the Openbox or Manhattan.
Look closely at the attached pictures and you will see good solid power supply, plus a receiver that is laid out well. I do not like to jam things together like they did in the Openbox S10.
Every component that I can see on the Pansat circuit boards is labeled. The Manhattan RS-1933 has most of its parts labeled, but not as well as the Pansat. Parts labeling is almost non-existent in the Openbox receivers.
Labeling costs extra money. But it shows quality and attention to detail.
The attached pictures show the tuner, inside the case, and the power supply of the Pansat 9500HDX.

ViP3R
10-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Nice, thanks for the pics bro...what kind of tuner is that, can't really make out the letters. Manhattan and openbox use the sharp tuner I believe, but that looks different.

el bandido
10-05-2011, 07:49 AM
The tuner has ERIT written on it.

musicmanitou
10-05-2011, 07:54 AM
I like that it has extra space inside, less likely to have heat issues.

el bandido
10-05-2011, 08:30 PM
The menu has a place for another tuner, Plus there are extra pin pads on the motherboard. It looks like they were making a twin tuner but stopped short.

el bandido
10-05-2011, 11:27 PM
The Pansant looks for transponder or satellite identification and displays it. It is not always accurate but it is better than nothing. EB

ViP3R
10-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Looks pretty cool, does it display the wrong sat at times?

el bandido
10-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Yes.
I think it gets the satellite information from the transponder which can be wrong.

TunaDude
10-06-2011, 02:40 PM
hows the blind scan speed on this lates pansat? also does it still blind scan the transponders first than after that then it looks for channels? liike the older modles 25/27 3500 ?

the price is way to much even the manhattan is to much they all pretty much do the same thing right? why pay more than you have to ? its not like there is somthing we cant scan in thats not out of reach on any of the three boxs here.

id buy the open box instead of the pansat and if the open boxs breaks by another one lol still cheaper than 250.00

el bandido
10-06-2011, 06:47 PM
The Pansat scans about the same as the rest of the Ali receivers. It does not scan like the older models and I would not be pleased if it did!!!

Any of the Ali receivers allow you to watch TV and scan satellites.
What separates the Pansat from the rest of the Ali receivers is its features and attention to detail.
Comparing the Openbox to the Pansat is sort of like comparing a cheap car to a more expensive luxury car. EB

rrob311
03-01-2012, 09:53 PM
How sensitive is the tuner on this receiver compared to the Openbox, Manhattan, etc?

el bandido
03-01-2012, 11:35 PM
About the same.
I cannot tell any real difference in the tuner sensitivity of any particular Ali receiver that I have. They all pick up the same channels and transponders.

rrob311
04-16-2012, 06:22 AM
The Pansat scans about the same as the rest of the Ali receivers. It does not scan like the older models and I would not be pleased if it did!!!

Any of the Ali receivers allow you to watch TV and scan satellites.
What separates the Pansat from the rest of the Ali receivers is its features and attention to detail.
Comparing the Openbox to the Pansat is sort of like comparing a cheap car to a more expensive luxury car. EB

EB, When you say the Ali receivers allow you to watch tv and scan satellites do you mean you can run a scan while watching a channel? If so how?

Also, What is under the hood of that Firebird? Or is it a Trans Am?

el bandido
04-16-2012, 08:09 AM
The Ali receivers do not allow you to scan satellites and watch tv at the same time.
I find the tuner sensitivity to be about the same on the Pansat and the Openbox receivers. There is not enough difference for me to notice.
The Trans Am has a 6.6 liter or 400 cubic inch engine. The horsepower and torque figures are mild when compared to the cars we have available today. EB

rrob311
04-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Is that a 400 SBC?

el bandido
04-16-2012, 09:03 AM
No. A Pontiac 400 is not a small block chevy.

mango mangue
05-03-2014, 03:16 PM
I have 2 pansat 9500 hdx. time and date is a mess. every time you try to fix it, works while you have the receiver on. if you turn it off with the IR, next time you turn it on, any time and date may show up

el bandido
05-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Pansat did not support the 9500 very well. IMO, it was over-priced and poorly supported. I had enjoyed Pansat products in the past and still have a working 2500 receiver. But I doubt I ever buy another Pansat product after owning the 9500 and seeing how it was supported. EB

Sublime
05-07-2014, 03:40 PM
I bought Pansat receivers up until they went into the piracy game and switched suppliers from HDT to GlobalSat. The quality went into the dumper. The only GlobalSat sourced receiver I ever had, the Pansat 5000HC, both tuners' LNB power supply failed and I had to slave them off other receivers that supplied LNB power. Features that were advertised on the box weren't even in the software until almost a year after I bought it. Too bad Hyundai got into trouble with unlicensed receiver features and went out of the receiver business...