PDA

View Full Version : S9_S10_S12_12-07-2011_LEGIT - Discussion

ViP3R
12-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Discuss this Topic here.

ViP3R
12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
C/P from the file posting.

This file has been custom made by El Bandido for LegitFTA..the file includes a North American satellite list. Legit background logo.

More satellites can be added upon request.

This file enables you to record two channels at the same time while watching a third..The channels do need to be on the same Transponder for this to work. all the same a very cool feature.

This file has also been tested to work on the S9-S10 and S12.

12-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm having issues with the file Viper, I can't seem to get the s12 to recognise it. Do I need to change any of its properties?

ViP3R
12-26-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm having issues with the file Viper, I can't seem to get the s12 to recognise it. Do I need to change any of its properties?

EB tested it on the S12..I just have the S9 and it loaded as the ABS file with no issues. Maybe EB can chime in.

12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
I tried to load it on the s12 but it's as if it's not on my usb. I also think the hdmi outlet is screwed on my s12, no tv to receiver recognition. Even on my s9 it doesn't show up in image files.

ViP3R
12-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I tried to load it on the s12 but it's as if it's not on my usb. I also think the hdmi outlet is screwed on my s12, no tv to receiver recognition. Even on my s9 it doesn't show up in image files.

If I remember you had this same issue before with another file..It's posted here somewhere...can't remember where though. I doubt your hdmi is screwed..

Try a different USB stick..most probably the issue.

12-26-2011, 02:31 PM
I've tried 2 usb sticks with the same result. When I look at the file on my usb, it says only file folder, no actual size to it. I had this issue before on the manhattan stb.

ViP3R
12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
I've tried 2 usb sticks with the same result. When I look at the file on my usb, it says only file folder, no actual size to it. I had this issue before on the manhattan stb.

That tells you the file is not transferring on to the USB stick..insert your stick and right click to format.

Once done open up the file folder on your PC and just transfer the abs file alone..not the folder.

12-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks bud, worked like a charm.

ViP3R
12-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks bud, worked like a charm.

Excellent !!! you own me a sweet tea...lol

12-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Come on down bud, I brought a case on Coors original. I definitely like the legit background and the blind scan speed seems to have increased, using my s9 for the moment.

ViP3R
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Yea, on second thought...Beer..Beer..Beer...lol

Scanning speed does seem pretty efficient.. Nice file.

cpr43
12-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Just a quick comment: The look color on the upgrade boton at the upgrade by uSB looks toward the RED color instead of YELLOW. Other than that loks great. Will give it a try for a few days. Thanks

Anyone have try to playback *.avi to see if it work??

ViP3R
12-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Just a quick comment: The look color on the upgrade boton at the upgrade by uSB looks toward the RED color instead of YELLOW. Other than that loks great. Will give it a try for a few days. Thanks

Anyone have try to playback *.avi to see if it work??

I did a double record this morning and they both played back fine..

01-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Just wondering about the CW channels, there on the file but not showing.

ViP3R
01-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Not sure if I checked them or nor not, I'll have a peek in a bit and see if they are there.

ViP3R
01-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I replied to EC's post about the CW channels..forgot I'm using the Manhattan for C-band and the openbox for KU.

rrob311
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi does this file have the accurate scan blind scan mode? The version I have now doesn't let me play back recordings.

el bandido
01-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Yes. I am pretty sure this firmware has two blindscan settings.
What firmware file are you using that will not let you play back recordings?

cpr43
01-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm planning to use this one in my new S10 with component outputs already coming my way. Could it be posible for elbandido to post a new copy without the legit or anything on the background??? I'm noticing that most of the background usually slow the on process thus adding memory space. A copy w/out anything on the background should work smooth and fast in the turning on process. Thanks

rrob311
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Yes. I am pretty sure this firmware has two blindscan settings.
What firmware file are you using that will not let you play back recordings?

The version in the info section says: C2HS2-11-08-24:0679CMT

When I record something it doesn't let me access it. The previous firmware allowed me to replay files. I am running a 1tb hitachi. I am pretty sure the files are being recorded just no easy way to access them. I had a firmware that had the Legitfta banner when you turn it on and the star backgrounds. It worked pretty good but then I updated to the above one where it changed the sat menus and added accurate scan. I would like to have something better.

dr.zin
01-27-2012, 06:03 PM
old firmware recorded in .dvr format.
Firmware that records .ts format isn't compatible with the old recordings.

ViP3R
01-27-2012, 06:16 PM
The version in the info section says: C2HS2-11-08-24:0679CMT

When I record something it doesn't let me access it. The previous firmware allowed me to replay files. I am running a 1tb hitachi. I am pretty sure the files are being recorded just no easy way to access them. I had a firmware that had the Legitfta banner when you turn it on and the star backgrounds. It worked pretty good but then I updated to the above one where it changed the sat menus and added accurate scan. I would like to have something better.

The info on this file should read as. C2HS2-11-12-07:04BECMT

It does have the Blind scan and Accurate scan options.

rrob311
01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
so is this one the best firmware available? some of the firmwares kept warning about having a cloned box.

ViP3R
01-27-2012, 06:32 PM
so is this one the best firmware available? some of the firmwares kept warning about having a cloned box.

Boy it's hard to say what a clone is on an openbox..lol I have never seen that message on my box, but I know many others have.. For me this file has been problem free, double recording, playback ect.. others reported some issues, all you can do is give a try and see how your box performs with it... you can always switch to another file easy enough.

rrob311
01-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Well a big thanks to whoever put in the cool graphics. I can't stand the graphics that are factory on this. This box is the best bang for the buck that I have seen.

ViP3R
01-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Well a big thanks to whoever put in the cool graphics. I can't stand the graphics that are factory on this. This box is the best bang for the buck that I have seen.

EB did the good deed..Thanks, it's not hard to add your own image, any you want really..you just want one that blends in with the menu.. I made a few here.. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

We also have a how to guide on doing it if your interested..

rrob311
01-27-2012, 06:55 PM
ya I figured out how to change the background image but need to learn how to change the introductory image. I cannot get this file to extract using winace. never had a problem with it before. I will have to try another pc or program I guess.

ViP3R
01-27-2012, 07:01 PM
ya I figured out how to change the background image but need to learn how to change the introductory image. I cannot get this file to extract using winace. never had a problem with it before. I will have to try another pc or program I guess.

Yes the boot image can be changed as well.. try winrar for extracting..you can download it for free.

rrob311
01-27-2012, 07:06 PM
how does one go about changing the boot image? I also saw a video of someone in europe who was able to put an internet browser on the openbox. Does anyone have experience with this?

ViP3R
01-27-2012, 07:25 PM
how does one go about changing the boot image? I also saw a video of someone in europe who was able to put an internet browser on the openbox. Does anyone have experience with this?

I have a guide on this, not sure if I posted it or not...you only see the boot image for maybe 2 seconds..I know the video your talking about, I believe that's a Russian openbox and different from the model we use..I don't thinks it's possible.

dr.zin
01-27-2012, 08:19 PM
that's the russian openbox,which is real linux.
Their firmware updates are like 20 or 30meg,so they are easy to spot and ignore.
They had the openbox name since the sti5518 days,so they were first.

ViP3R
01-27-2012, 08:35 PM
that's the russian openbox,which is real linux.
Their firmware updates are like 20 or 30meg,so they are easy to spot and ignore.
They had the openbox name since the sti5518 days,so they were first.

Yes, totally different hardware..I came across that file some time ago and once you see the size..you know it's a no go.

Would be a great option though eh!

rrob311
01-27-2012, 08:42 PM
I go to record on hd channels and it says something about no h264. When i find a channel that allows me to record is brings me to a menu that says Record type: PS or TS. What is the difference here? How can I get it to record H264?

rrob311
01-27-2012, 08:52 PM
when I record something I cannot find the file in the media player. I formatted my hard drive and tried again but can't seem to find files. The old firmware allowed me to record with this drive but I am not sure what the problem is.

ViP3R
01-27-2012, 09:08 PM
when I record something I cannot find the file in the media player. I formatted my hard drive and tried again but can't seem to find files. The old firmware allowed me to record with this drive but I am not sure what the problem is.

The menu is a little different.. in the media player..use the 1 on remote ..switch.... press till your in record screen, the you should see your recordings..

HD channels record fine.. are you HD ready.. not sure what your setup is, or what output is.

dr.zin
01-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Yes, totally different hardware..I came across that file some time ago and once you see the size..you know it's a no go.

Would be a great option though eh!

The sad part is,some forum sites mix both type files in the same area.
The title will say new openbox s10 firmware,but it's for the russian s10.
Any linux on our version would be interesting.
I believe it would have to be a receiver with built-in hardrive.
The block diagram for the processor shows a usb AND hardrive interface,but we end up with usb.

el bandido
01-27-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm planning to use this one in my new S10 with component outputs already coming my way. Could it be posible for elbandido to post a new copy without the legit or anything on the background??? I'm noticing that most of the background usually slow the on process thus adding memory space. A copy w/out anything on the background should work smooth and fast in the turning on process. Thanks

Where is an Openbox file without a background image? All Openbox files that I know of have a background image of some type in them. These images are very small and they do not use enough memory for you to notice they are there. I do not have an option in any of the firmware tools that allows you to completely delete the boot or the background images for the Openbox. I can load a black picture and make it look as if the boot or background image is not there, but the receiver still has to load the black image so doing this will not save any memory.
If you do not want the Legit image then load the same file from one of the China distribution sites. Then add your sat/channel file to it. EB

dr.zin
01-28-2012, 12:54 AM
you only see the background image when in menus.
The boot image is when you boot.2 different images.

cpr43
01-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Where is an Openbox file without a background image? All Openbox files that I know of have a background image of some type in them. These images are very small and they do not use enough memory for you to notice they are there. I do not have an option in any of the firmware tools that allows you to completely delete the boot or the background images for the Openbox. I can load a black picture and make it look as if the boot or background image is not there, but the receiver still has to load the black image so doing this will not save any memory.
If you do not want the Legit image then load the same file from one of the China distribution sites. Then add your sat/channel file to it. EB

Ok, thank you Sir, well explained!! What I mean without image is a simple plain blue background. I did load the clock fix deep_ version which only has a plain blue screen and load more faster. Do the test and you will see. No need to send me to the china sites. All I want to do is stick around with you guys. Its not that I dont want the legit images background, its a matter of getting the on process faster.

el bandido
01-28-2012, 08:50 AM
A plain blue background is about the same size as our background image. It has to be in order to fit in the receiver....
Change the background image on the clock fix firmware and see if it boots different

dr.zin
01-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I believe the rs232 loader 2.0.0f working in reverse gear will save the boot_logo to pc.
MST firmware tool 0.4 will do the same thing and let you inject a picture of your smiling face or anything as the boot.
If it is taking too long to boot just leave the receiver on all the time.Which is also a good idea for people with clone receivers.

rrob311
01-28-2012, 05:14 PM
OK I figured out why I couldn't find the recordings. Thanks. I was looking at the video menu not record. It is recording OK. As for changing the booting logo I would like to learn how to change it. I already changed the background. I want to change it where it says Skybox. I like the old quality meter better because it has more bars. Otherwise this one is OK.

Does anyone know of a firmware that allows manual pid entry? Also in the clock menu it doesn't seem to have the US settings. I was trying to make the clock accurate and it seems very difficult.
I saw a guy add a hard drive to his openbox on one of those videos. Not sure how they did it but it was inside the box.

dr.zin
01-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I tried the boot_logo change using mst firmware tool 0.4 but it kept burping saying wrong format.
It was the proper .m2v but possibly the wrong filesize.
Manual pid entry(like for the goodies on 118w) requires the channel editor on the pc.
The alieditor.ini must have the line chip type=m3602 or the ac3 and h264 tabs don't show when editing.

ViP3R
01-28-2012, 05:46 PM
OK I figured out why I couldn't find the recordings. Thanks. I was looking at the video menu not record. It is recording OK. As for changing the booting logo I would like to learn how to change it. I already changed the background. I want to change it where it says Skybox. I like the old quality meter better because it has more bars. Otherwise this one is OK.

Does anyone know of a firmware that allows manual pid entry? Also in the clock menu it doesn't seem to have the US settings. I was trying to make the clock accurate and it seems very difficult.
I saw a guy add a hard drive to his openbox on one of those videos. Not sure how they did it but it was inside the box.

Yes, you have to be in record mode in the media menu..to view and such.. PID entry is not available with the openbox..not that it can't be done..it is capable..but no code has been written as yet.

For the clock, set it to user setting and at this time of the year daylight savings off.. then select your time zone..such as -5 for eastern. ect

dr.zin
01-28-2012, 06:19 PM
For the clock, set it to user setting and at this time of the year daylight savings off.. then select your time zone..such as -5 for eastern. ect

then tune to a channel that sets the time correctly.
Once you are delighted with that,set gmt usage to off(right arrow on the gmt usage selection).
now oddball channels won't screw up the time.

rrob311
01-30-2012, 04:08 PM
then tune to a channel that sets the time correctly.
Once you are delighted with that,set gmt usage to off(right arrow on the gmt usage selection).
now oddball channels won't screw up the time.

How would I know what channels will set the time? I noticed on my other boxes all of the sudden the time will be right. Does it automatically set the date as well? So I need to just leave the receiver powered on 24/7 to maintain the time?

dr.zin
01-30-2012, 07:47 PM
trial and error.
worse than that,on some firmwares the time sets correctly and when you turn gmt usage to off the time jumps by 2 minutes and is and no longer correct.
Or just set the time and date manually.

rrob311
01-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Ya I am able to get it set perfect but when I shut off the receiver with the remote it resets the time.

el bandido
01-30-2012, 09:27 PM
I see three options.

1. leave the receiver ON all the time. It does not draw much current.
2. Learn to live with the problem and adjust for it as needed.
3. Replace the S9 with a S12. You can get a new S12 for around 70 dollars with shipping included. EB

dr.zin
01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
correct time is only a factor if you are using the timer to record.

TurboPirate
05-10-2012, 09:29 AM

Now that you mention format, I do remember reading on my Skybox menu it is better to format the USB to FAT32.

TurboPirate
05-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Hello gang, finally got my hands on my USB, it got lost thanks to my Simba (red Golden retriever)he likes to hide things from me, so today I'll test this file on my Skybox S12 and report back, I know data has being changed since but I hope I can get the CW channels on 91west. The link to how to work change this file sends me to error 404. Thanks in advance TURBO

TurboPirate
05-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Hello again, loaded the file it worls like a charmed.

el bandido
05-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Try this one,

TurboPirate
05-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks EB, the file in question has no network in the menu.
Tomorrow will try the file EB suggested and report back, Thanks in advance TURBO

el bandido
05-12-2012, 11:34 PM
The network is hidden until you enter the correct access code.

TurboPirate
05-13-2012, 10:34 AM
The network is hidden until you enter the correct access code.

Ah yes I remember reading about the access code, BRB I am going to start looking where I
read about the access code. Thanks EB

el bandido
05-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I do not remember what it is. Maybe somebody here can tell you the access code.

cpr43
05-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Turbo, usually 6666, 7777 or 8888 for the network hidden codes

TurboPirate
05-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Turbo, usually 6666, 7777 or 8888 for the network hidden codes
Thanks Carlos, I'll try those, being reading all over the forum with no luck, I do remember reading about it before the Skybox got home, I was researching on how to play with the new toy. Thanks in advance TURBO

TurboPirate
05-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Try this one,

Thanks EB, like the new menu skin, also wile watching the channel press OK the way it
shows all channel is different pansat look a like. Network settings appeared after pressing 6666. Thanks in advance TURBO

dr.zin
05-14-2012, 01:02 AM
beware of firmware not named with the precise rev and date like the old days.
I have see files that claimed to be new april firmware or just new s9s10s11s12 that were actually old firmware from nov 2011.
There is no way of telling unless you load the firmware and look at the sys info screen.

TunaDude
05-14-2012, 08:34 AM
i to have found the new software for the s9 so to speak at that yoji site its makes you think its new but the file i have is from 12/12/11 and the only thing i have noticed about this so called new firmware is after loading it on your s9/s10 or s11 s12 it boots in 1080 60 first one i have ever got from yoji already in our na style of 1080 60

as far as those hidden codes in the firmware we find i did a search on fta europe s9 found a site somthig like digtal kaos anyway after reading many threads about our open boxs and all these firmware i have sen floating around as supposed new fixs the only thing there fixing on these firmware is crap for stealing! yes STEALING AS IN CARD SHARE!

SO those hidden codes from what i have read are for iks crap in europe! i dont see any benfit turbo pirate in those hidden codes for s9 s10 etc....

every fix i have read about say in the last year that we have found many of these so called new firmware like the one named deep is also nothing more than a work around that has somthing to do with how there crap works for stealing free tv! there sky tv over there or what ever there getting sub cards for there stuff to play....

there is nothing to do with real free to air firmware in fact when they do find new stuff say coming out of yoji tech many times i read there complains these dont have the network stuff in them when they hit there 00000 or what ever the code is for a certain firmware to see the stealing stuff set up iks card share....

dr.zin
05-14-2012, 09:56 AM
as far as those hidden codes in the firmware we find i did a search on fta europe s9 found a site something like digtal kaos anyway after reading many threads about our open boxes and all these firmware i have seen floating around as supposed new fixes the only thing there fixing on these firmware is crap for stealing! yes STEALING AS IN CARD SHARE!

SO those hidden codes from what i have read are for iks crap in europe! i don't see any benefit turbo pirate in those hidden codes for s9 s10 etc....
every fix i have read about say in the last year that we have found many of these so called new firmware like the one named deep is also nothing more than a work around that has something to do with how there crap works for stealing free tv! there sky tv over there or what ever there getting sub cards for there stuff to play....
there is nothing to do with real free to air firmware in fact when they do find new stuff say coming out of yoji tech many times i read there complains these don't have the network stuff in them when they hit there 00000 or what ever the code is for a certain firmware to see the stealing stuff set up iks card share....
Shocking.
The latter firmwares hide the network tab to keep prying eyes out,I assume so people can't get the details on the config files for stealing tv.If you do get in the config file, viewing is censored and you can't save the config files to usb or pc like old firmware.I have heard stories of dealers loading config files ans setting a password unknown to the owner,just to protect their hack.It seems the code writers are catering to the dealers.
It is going to get worse,now that newer models of openbox are out.

el bandido
05-14-2012, 11:31 AM
SO those hidden codes from what i have read are for iks crap in europe! i dont see any benfit turbo pirate in those hidden codes for s9 s10 etc....

Some forms of IKS are legal in other countries.
It is very hard to set up a LAN without a menu. There are several LEGAL benefits to setting up a LAN on the Openbox here in North America. EB

dr.zin
05-14-2012, 12:27 PM
I use the lan manager to load files,but doing a dump the results are different from rs232 and different from the usb stick dump.