PDA

View Full Version : Sat list for Amiko

lme
02-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Try to load VIP3R list into the box, but it is not accepted !
It is not recognized by Dog program either.
Using Dog soft started to create my own list but can't input decimal number for sat (93.1, 107.3, etc).
any help ?
thx.

el bandido
02-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I had a problem with the decimals too.
Are you using a motor? What satellites do you need on the sat file?

ViP3R
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Yes, the dogsettings editor does not like the spark list once edited..even when set to spark as opposed to enigma2. in fact it will delete the file you just created.

I have been experimenting with a free hex editor. you can change longitude, and decimal points..I made one change just to test and it was successful.

Still experimenting with this, but I think It will do everything we need, just time consuming to do. otherwise I would have a file ready now.

You can download it here> [Only registered and activated users can see links]

ViP3R
02-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Try to load VIP3R list into the box, but it is not accepted !
It is not recognized by Dog program either.
Using Dog soft started to create my own list but can't input decimal number for sat (93.1, 107.3, etc).
any help ?
thx.

In the mean time if you like I will download my list right from the box and you can load it. Save a backup of your own first so you can go back if needed.

Send me a pm with your email and I will send if you want it..

lme
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm scanning every sat from 30w to 121w with a motorized dish.
PM sent. thanks.

el bandido
02-24-2012, 09:48 PM
c band or ku? Are you using USALS or diseqc1.2

Two things to remember about the satellite file in Spark. (1) Use a Kingston usb drive. I tried using a SanDisk and I could not get the receiver to accept it. (2) Do not put the files in a folder. There will be about 5 files that are created in a Spark sat file. These files must be put on the disc without using a folder.

Please upload a sat file that you were using in your old receiver.

lme
02-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Using USALS for ku for now. later a c band.
using an 8gb kingston stick with all 5 files on it. did not accepted any XML file but mine (partially edited with dog).

ViP3R
02-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Using USALS for ku for now. later a c band.
using an 8gb kingston stick with all 5 files on it. did not accepted any XML file but mine (partially edited with dog).

Did you load the list I sent you.

lme
02-24-2012, 11:05 PM
No, I did not.
Look at it with dog and is what i have done. 107.3w is listed as 107.0w
I'm stuck at entering decimals: 111.1, 118.7, etc

el bandido
02-24-2012, 11:44 PM
What size is your dish?

ViP3R
02-25-2012, 10:06 AM
To enter decimals in the sat list use the program I linked to above Syntext Serna..it's free. Open the program choose open and brows to your sat.xml file, choose default view when prompted. The Sat list and Transponder list will appear on the left..you can brows down to what values you would like to change on a particular sat. For example sat ID #44 on my list would be Anik F1R 107.3

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Now you will see default view at the top..Use the drop down to change to Edit Attributes..

From here you can change the values, use -1073 for 107.3 this will give you the decimal
.[Only registered and activated users can see links] [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Click save, then document and click save as--point to your sat.xml file and it will ask to overwrite..choose yes. Now you can load to the Alien using the data transformer menu.. Once loaded (this only takes a few seconds) go to installation and you will see Anik F1R has now been change to 107.3

ViP3R
02-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Once you get comfortable with this program things go pretty quick..I have most of the satellites edited and now to add the transponders, this can be done in the editor or by using the Alien itself.. a little time consuming either way, but once added all the hard work is done. you can just add transponders as they come up. Many good wild feed satellites will use the same TP's again and again, so good idea to enter the popular ones and do a fresh scan to see if anything pops up.

Also a good idea to use the data transformer to output to your USB stick and save the list for a backup.

el bandido
02-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Good Job!!!
How about sending me one of your files? I would appreciate that, and did not realize you had gotten that far with it!!!!

ViP3R
02-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Good Job!!!
How about sending me one of your files? I would appreciate that, and did not realize you had gotten that far with it!!!!

I don't have the transponders entered yet on most, but you are welcome to the files..I will zip up and send.

el bandido
02-25-2012, 12:40 PM
I ought to take the blind scanned transponders from the Raptor and put in it. Then add some more from Costa's sat files. You would have a very good list at the end.

ViP3R
02-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I ought to take the blind scanned transponders from the Raptor and put in it. Then add some more from Costa's sat files. You would have a very good list at the end.

That would be the cats ass... :clap:

ViP3R
02-25-2012, 12:57 PM
I just entered all the transponders from Hypers sathint for 97W KU, scanned in 246 TV and 93 Radio in about one minute.. Not to bad.

lme
02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
thank you ViP.

ViP3R
02-25-2012, 04:22 PM
I will upload what I have so far to make it easier for everyone.

Species
02-28-2012, 03:07 PM
NA Sat list should be available via the online update sometime next week.

ViP3R
02-28-2012, 06:02 PM
NA Sat list should be available via the online update sometime next week.

This is good news! we appreciate your efforts in getting this done. It will make the box much more user friendly for NA users.

lme
03-14-2012, 09:57 AM
I was able to compile a sat list based on Yankee's list and added some more.
range from 4

ViP3R
03-14-2012, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=lme;28218]I was able to compile a sat list based on Yankee's list and added some more.
range from 4