PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Image problem

ViP3R
02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
I have a 500 gig seagate that has numerous movies in different formats.

These are what played or problems.
These will all play on my WD-LIVE.

m2ts
avi
mp4
ts
mkv - though stutters on my file

wmv file froze the box and needed a hard boot.

Now the Alien will boot on HDMI2 were its set to, but will no longer see a video signal once it starts on HDMI2 this is direct to my TV.

Composite will not display any video either.

Looks like I will have to try the rescue image.

After using the rescue image it did the countdown and HDMI2 is now active, but the box is just stuck on :Load:

I can boot to enigma2 and this has the option to reboot in spark, when I try this it get's stuck in boot mode.

Any suggestions from Team Amiko?

Species
02-26-2012, 04:23 PM
1.Turn off the receiver.
2.Hold ok button at the front of the panel and turn on the receiver while you are holding the ok button.
When FACE comes on the screen press up or down (CH) select spark and press ok again.

If the box does not boot from spark:

1.Turn off the receiver.
2.Plug the usb with the rescue image.
3.Hold ok button at the front of the panel and turn on the receiver while you are holding the ok button.
When FACE comes on the screen press up or down (CH) select spark and then press right arrow to load the rescue image.

When the rescue image is loaded successfully you will need to upgrade to version 1.2.0.8 from the usb and then upgrade to the latest via the MENU-SPARK

NOTE: During the rescue image upload wait for the DONE on the display and then turn off/on the box.

I hope this fixes the problem...

Species
02-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Sorry mistake...

1.Turn off the receiver.
3.Hold ok button at the front of the panel and turn on the receiver while you are holding the ok button.
When FACE comes on the screen press right arrow and then press up arrow to load the rescue image. [ CORRECTION]

ViP3R
02-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Sorry mistake...

1.Turn off the receiver.
When FACE comes on the screen press right arrow and then press up arrow to load the rescue image. [ CORRECTION]

Should the rescue images be loaded as a spark folder on the USB? or just as they are?

ViP3R
02-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Either way after fact and ok, all I get is 7 then 7 70 on the front display.

el bandido
02-26-2012, 05:29 PM
I understand that the 7 7 70 error means the receiver cannot understand the file. My suggestion if the file is in a folder, then remove the folder. If you are not using a Kingston usb drive, the receiver may also display the 7 7 70 error. I got the same error with my San Disk, but had no problem after the file was transferred to a Kingston usb drive. EB

Species
02-27-2012, 01:37 AM
The file must be in a folder call spark. When the rescue image is loaded the STB loads with the default values.

ViP3R
02-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I guess it didn't like my other Kingston stick, So I used another Kingston and placed the spark folder on it.

Everything went well this time and it loaded to the old values..I just had to hook up a composite cable to set up the AV so I could use HDMI.

Then loaded 1.2.41 VIA USB then my channel list and all is back to normal.

Thanks for the help.. :shake_hands:

ViP3R
02-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Loading my channel list also set everything back as it was, sat positions ect, and moved the dish to the last channel I was viewing once loaded..I'm impressed with the recovery image and how smooth it went once I used a good Kingston stick.. recovering with so many other boxes is not so easy!

thecableguy
01-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Is there any way of restoring a box after getting an 'SW is illegal Error Message' .. Had it happen this morning when turned on box. Tried to get to boot into FACE mode but all it does it show a clock on the display with no image on TV.

All software updates where downloaded via the spark update portal and not from any third party.
My box is a SHD-8900 ...

Many thanks

el bandido
01-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Welcome to Legit!

Have you tried connecting to the receiver using the RS232 port and Telnet?

thecableguy
01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
I have just tried on both my dead box and a box thats only ever been first booted in spark.
Got nothing on the comp screen.

I tried with hyperterminal and putty but still got no output

Any ideas ???

Many thanks

el bandido
01-22-2013, 10:23 AM
You should see some output in hyperterminal when a healthy box is first turned on from a cold boot.
Check your computer system.
Completely remove power to the receiver and connect the Good receiver to the hyperterminal using the RS232 connector. Then turn the power on. Does the hyperterminal screen display any info when you do this?

If the hyperterminal cannot communicate with the receiver and you know hyperterminal is connected correctly and is working, then the receiver will probably have to be sent back for repair.

I had a TripleX die like you described. Golden Media suggested I remove the LAN board and try to boot the receiver.

thecableguy
01-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the help. Been reading around the net and I think I've been stitched up. Amiko have put a clone bomd in their software. I think thats what has hit both of my boxes.

el bandido
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Great.
Clone bombs kill clones and legitimate receivers. Please let us know anything else you find. I will be careful of what I put on my 8900 in the future. EB

thecableguy
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
The latest software version from Amiko contains the time bomb.
It wipes out the boot rom on the box.
At the moment theres no recovery for it.
:(

Still investigation and started conversing with supplier to see if they know a way to re-flash boot loader.

Many Thanks Amiko for not making public the time bomb .... Sounds like Gemini Software on the dreambox all over again.

thecableguy
01-22-2013, 04:46 PM
just a quick update.
Managed to get hyperterminal talking ... Rs232 lead need crossing.
So used phone cable instead :)

Healthy box loads of info ... dead box not booting ... Boot Loader is gone. So the Time Bomb wipe the boot rom .... Just hope I can find a way to reprogram it :)

el bandido
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I have seen jtag sheet for the 8900 chipset. You may try Google and see if you can find that info. Somebody will find a way to fix it sooner or later. EB

thecableguy
01-25-2013, 09:43 AM
I found a jtag image :)
Just gotta find the computer connection side

Anyone with any ideas on how to connect to pc/laptop please let us know.

Many thanks

matrixgl
01-30-2013, 12:12 AM
do u able to make pc & amiko communicate...?

Many thanks

ViP3R
01-30-2013, 01:43 AM

Many thanks

This might come in handy for you. Best of luck.

thecableguy
05-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Sorry for not being on for a while.
I have found out new information that these boxes can be programmed via jtag.
I will be ordering on in the next few days.
As I have a couple of boxes to bring back to life I will test on one and if that works I will make a video showing me doing the other one for all members to view.

Many thanks again for the help and support.

Just an update.

I have order the jtag.
Should be with me in the next 5 - 7 days.
Fingers crossed it works.

thecableguy
06-17-2013, 07:34 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

My re-flashing video.

Many thanks for all the help and advice.

ViP3R
06-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Excellent cableguy! many thanks for sharing the video..