PDA

View Full Version : From Openbox to Optibox

easily confused
03-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Does anyone know if the Anaconda can play back movies from an external HDD that were recorded using and Openbox S-9? I can't think of a reason why not but thought I'd ask. I now have a bunch of movies on the HDD but for some reason I can no longer access them with the Openbox. Just wondering if there is any reason why the Anaconda would not be able to play them.

el bandido
03-27-2012, 07:28 AM
What type of file is it? If you have a small clip, upload it and I will try playing it on the Raptor.

easily confused
03-27-2012, 07:37 AM
These are full length movies that I had previously recorded with the S-9. When I go to Media, then media player I cannot select "Record" anymore. I am stuck on "Music" and nothing I have tried will let me change to "Image", "Video" or "Record" in the menu along the top

el bandido
03-27-2012, 07:50 AM
OK.
Connect the hard drive to your computer and tell me what file extension these movies have.

easily confused
03-27-2012, 12:39 PM
The extensions of the movies are .ts
They list as VLC video file (.ts)

el bandido
03-27-2012, 12:55 PM
OK.
I think it will play them but I will check it later today by recording some .ts files in my S12 and try playing them on the Raptor.

el bandido
03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I recorded some clips from Manhattan, Openbox, and Pansat 9500. I cannot get any of them to play on the Raptor.
Something is wrong. I will look at this some more and try to find the problem.

easily confused
03-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks EB, I appreciate you looking into that.

Jim S.
03-28-2012, 03:13 PM
I recorded some clips from Manhattan, Openbox, and Pansat 9500. I cannot get any of them to play on the Raptor.
Something is wrong. I will look at this some more and try to find the problem.

That might have something to do with why I can't play your Optibox 4:2:2 video on VLC... I wonder if it's just sticking the .ts name on it, but recording it with a different header or something. The original Openbox firmware recorded files with a .dvr suffix that were really just .ts files with a big header with the recording information. Then they changed it to record .ts files (or optionally .mpg files for mpeg2 video) with the recording info in separate files. But your Optibox archive had two little files in it that I assumed were for that purpose... So I don't know exactly what's going on, but obviously something is.

easily confused
11-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Ok, finally decided to look into the PVR function as Christmas movies are starting and I have been informed that some are to be recorded. Gave it a teast and recording and playback worked like a charm. I then went to try to play some of the movies that had been previously recorded on the openbox S9. When I hit the "playlist" button, the entire list or recorded movies shows up but when I select one and hit "OK" it shows 6 different files in every movie, all files identical. Here are pics of what I am getting. Is this safe assume that the Anaconda does not handle this type of file?

ViP3R
11-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Must be some format problems from the openbox I can only guess, TS should play fine...did you try that repair option in the screen to see if that would help bro.

easily confused
11-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks Viper. I tried file repair and the storage check option but still no go so maybe it is a problem with trying to convert from how the S9 recorded and how the Anaconda tries to read.

Sublime
11-25-2012, 02:25 PM
I've been using Avidemux to convert files recorded on the Manhattan to PS files with a .mpg extension. They play fine in the Raptor after that. VideoReDo also works.

eastof111
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
VideoReDo, great program, works great, especially for removing commercials.