PDA

View Full Version : Enigma?

Jim S.
04-14-2012, 08:01 AM
I've seen a few mentions on European forums of running Enigma on some of the Optibox models. Apparently they're close enough to another brand that Enigma has had support for. It's hard to follow the broken English of Google's translations sometimes, but it seems that you have to somehow flash the Optibox with a boot loader that will let you choose between the Optibox software in memory or the Enigma installation on a USB drive.

Has anyone else heard of this, or tried it? The Optibox software sounds nice from what I've read, but I'd be interested in Enigma for the possibility of streaming TV to other devices, and the possibility of support for more file formats in the media player.

el bandido
04-14-2012, 08:26 AM
You should be able to stream with Optibox without changing to an Enigma firmware.
Right now, I am not going to try putting another file on the Optibox Raptor right now for two reasons (1) The current software works very good. (2) I do not want to send the receiver back if something goes wrong with the flash and I cannot recover it.

04-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I have to agree with EB, I like the way this receiver is working at the moment.

Jim S.
04-14-2012, 11:03 AM
You should be able to stream with Optibox without changing to an Enigma firmware.

I mean streaming from the Optibox TO another device. I don't remember reading anything about that, although I wonder if, since it allows you to access its storage drive over the network, you could play a file as it was still being recorded.

I understand your point about not risking trashing the flash memory. It will be nice when more people get these receivers and start to explore them more fully, then we'll know for sure what works and what doesn't. For some reason, there doesn't even seem to be much talk about them in other countries yet! Hopefully there is a way to reload through the serial port or something in case of problems.

Species
04-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi Jim S.
Currently There is no E2 for Anaconda or Raptor. Only Gekko HD can so far load one specific E2 image, but you need to modify the box ID (warranty is broken).
The OS loaded on these boxes it is very powerful and it is also very well supported. More improvements are on the way so be patient :)

ViP3R
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi Jim S.
Currently There is no E2 for Anaconda or Raptor. Only Gekko HD can so far load one specific E2 image, but you need to modify the box ID (warranty is broken).
The OS loaded on these boxes it is very powerful and it is also very well supported. More improvements are on the way so be patient :)

Good to hear! are they ready yet,,,lol