PDA

View Full Version : modded foreign on s10

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 07:49 AM
from a maldives site,the first foreign firmware modded for s10 that the front panel actually works.
I couldn't get the tuner to work,others say it works on their s10 and s11.
Interesting menu selections.
I am trying to find the original firmware it is based on.
The firmware isn't encrypted,just compressed.

ViP3R
04-17-2012, 08:17 AM
If you get some time would you post some pictures, I would like to see what the menu's look like.

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 09:34 AM
wifi manager looks interesting.
wifi usb device stuck in I assume.
from the firmware it looks like ralink RT5370 for supported device.
you can also change the mac id of the receiver,the purpose of the firmware I guess.

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 09:36 AM
it will play recordings I had previously made with the legit s10 firmware.

el bandido
04-17-2012, 11:06 AM
from a maldives site,the first foreign firmware modded for s10 that the front panel actually works.
I couldn't get the tuner to work,others say it works on their s10 and s11.
Interesting menu selections.
I am trying to find the original firmware it is based on.
The firmware isn't encrypted,just compressed.

Thanks for posting and I will try this firmware when I have time.
I see you are having tuner problems again. My suggestion is to use a loader that shows dropped packets. Reload the firmware until it loads without a single dropped packet. Doing this may get your tuner to working. EB

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 12:30 PM
once you have it loaded you can revert back to real s10 via usb.

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I wish I knew what receiver/firmware it was based on.
The s10 channel editor is yucky with the default script.ini.
The only one that comes close to correct is the pansat 9500 editor version.

Jim S.
04-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Has anyone tested this on an S9 yet?

Can it be loaded via USB, or only via RS232?

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 04:08 PM
oddball firmware is always loaded via rs232 which is the safest way and is often used for disaster recovery.

Jim S.
04-17-2012, 07:09 PM
I got brave, tried loading it on my S9 via USB because normally, bad files won't load via USB. It loads, and works with the remote control. Interesting menus, including the ability to upgrade via satellite. (Although probably not a satellite I can see from here, since it only comes with Eastern satellites in the list!) But, I can't find any way to load a channel list. There's a "defaultdb" option in the upgrade mode settings, but it says it wants .bin files, and I don't know how to convert a .dbs file to the .bin format that it wants.

Anyone else who wants to experiment with it, take note: it seems to come up with 50Hz video, and I see no options to change to 60Hz.

el bandido
04-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I cannot see a 50Hz video and this is probably why I have no picture.
Take your north American sat file and install it directly into the .abs file. This should be easy to do. All you need is the .abs channel editor.

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
I use the composite outputs,but I did notice no 480i selection in menu even tho it is in the firmware.

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 08:54 PM
I got brave, tried loading it on my S9 via USB because normally, bad files won't load via USB. It loads, and works with the remote control. Interesting menus, including the ability to upgrade via satellite. (Although probably not a satellite I can see from here, since it only comes with Eastern satellites in the list!) But, I can't find any way to load a channel list. There's a "defaultdb" option in the upgrade mode settings, but it says it wants .bin files, and I don't know how to convert a .dbs file to the .bin format that it wants.
Anyone else who wants to experiment with it, take note: it seems to come up with 50Hz video, and I see no options to change to 60Hz.

I edited one of the sats already in the list to match my setup to do a blindscan,but the tuner didn't work.

dr.zin
04-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Take your north American sat file and install it directly into the .abs file. This should be easy to do. All you need is the .abs channel editor.

receiver rejects the transplant and just keeps rebooting.
I tried editing the firmware to get 60hz,but I think it's still stuck at 50.
At least I got the 480i choice at whatever.

TunaDude
04-18-2012, 10:41 AM
ok folks i have a open box s 9 I loaded this the normal way usb stick once loaded there is no way to do the tp.prog.dbs it wont reconize it since its not a bin.....AND DONT TRY! i tried changin around my tp.prog.dbs to tp.prog.bin this way it will see it as a bin but when you load it the file is not right! goes to 100 but era message and your list didnt get added. i tried somthing stupid since no matter what i tried to add the channel list tp.prog.dbs.bin also it would see it as a bin but when loading it still went to 100 and didnt work....

so i figured id try to alter the tp.prgram.dbs i made it tp.prog.abs got the file to be like a firmware it took to the box like a firemware but after it loaded my box was toast! turned on but remote did nothing like it was stuck on on in small letters thats why dont try to load the tp.program as a firmware ! !!!

but i knew i could get my box back to work via loader 5900 by azbox eprom loader

i had to use my r232 and get the box to work again only loader 5900 worked the open box stuff for adding stuff with the r232 did not work couldnt see it! era message...... but loader 5900 saved me!

anyway i got my box back to work took a few times using this had to also choose boot mode on the 5900 ariz eprom upgrade like i said the open box stuff doesnt see it failed... BUT BUT BUT

this file does work on the s 9 you have to get it out of pal you can choose 720 and your fine the 1080 i in most cases wont show picture but i did have it set at 720 in the menu where you change it and you can choose the 1080 i and somtimes when you exit out it is 1080i and picture (works) kind of funny i dont know why somtimes it worked and somtimes it didnt on the 1080...i there is no 1080 i 60?

i am very lucky when it comes to these bins for europe i have a vizio tv and it has picture in picture and when i choose the picture in picture i can see the firmware after its done at any number like the 1080 i 50 then change it so its 1080i 60 and exit out..... kind of stumbled one day wiith this picture in picture some how in this mode i can see picture and then change it to 1080 i 60

so after getting this bin loaded the menus are differnt but i can figure out what to do because its close to the open box stuff same stuff except for the adding of your channle list using the usb .... you cant? not like what we have now?

so dleted all chanels then went and choose some of the sats they had from europe re named them added my settings by changing the antenna set up to my specs and started to blind scan! keep in mind i only have a ku set up but this does have the 2 types of blind scan we now have and here is somthing thats a plus you can blind scan in either h or v or both! thats right you can just blind scan the h or v by it self!

as far as finding stuff in the blind scan it seems to find pretty much what most of these new bins around do now but also seems to blind scan stuff you dont see on the regular bins for the open box s9/s10 like on the scrambled stuff on the dn sats im getting things i normaly dont get of course what im scannin in has no pids excpet the 8191 stuff?

l have to say l like this bin so far because of the h or v scanning abailty in a blind scan..

here are the cons of this bin

you cant add you own tp stuff via usb or i dont know how lol? like i said i did get the box to see the tp_prog by re nmaing it to bin on ther end except for the fact it does see it but its not right as it wont take it era message at end of the 100 yellow line as in wrong file? also con you can up load? i saw many things in this bin i dont know what to use them for/

the mac stuff? the wirless usb stuff? its empty in the menu guess cause i dont have one hooked up.

to me this looks like another box brand? somhow messed with to work witht he open box? there is no way to add pids or edit pids like some would want like the manhattan brand but back to the blind scan it seems to find things the other bins miss had a realy weird on yesterday on 99w ku im guessing 422 stuff but never saw it look like this compared to the 422 stuff on my open box before heard sound and it wouldnt blind scan in on the other firmware i use as a s9 . bottom line i think this would be a great bin for somone to fix up a bit and use there have been many times id like to blind scan in just h or v i will copy the info page in a while as i see it in the menu and re post it it has many dates in this firmware/.

dr.zin
04-18-2012, 10:55 AM
so the bottom line is your tuner works?
what is the chip id when you have regular firmware loaded?
the menus are pretty self explanatory,for channels you would need a modded alieditor via rs232
You can't dump to usb either.

dr.zin
04-18-2012, 10:56 AM
the s10 wouldn't load via usb,it said wrong firmware.

TunaDude
04-18-2012, 11:08 AM
ok i will go check for you on the s9 for the original s9 mine is looked it up once also will post the info screen on next post

TunaDude
04-18-2012, 11:25 AM
ok dr.zin

my chip id is OODO or 00D0 dont know if its letter o or number 0 either way thats my numbers for chip id

here is what the page looks like with the info as i see it

bootloader 0.1.0 2009-6-18
up code upg 1.0.0 2009 5 -14
main code M3602 HD 2012 3-22
Radio back 1.0.0 2009 5-8
default db 1.0.0 2011 6-23
user db 1.0.0 2012 3-22

this is whats on the info screen i see dates from 2009 2011 and 2012 3 22 12 was not to long ago?

dr.zin
04-18-2012, 12:17 PM
I will try to piece one together with a u.s. sat list.

TunaDude
04-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Take your north American sat file and install it directly into the .abs file. channel editor.This should be easy to do. All you need is the .abs

i have never had to do this i have a few editers i tried i open them load the s 10 file and dont know how for the life of me take my TP_prog.dbs and add it to this new bin? i tired template nope i tried export nope i even got 2 more from here one shows the tp prog but cant find the s10 to add it lol for you its easy

channel editor.[/QUOTE]This should be easy to do. All you need is the .abs
ok easy if you did it before i can figure most stuff out but a little help would be nice id love to add my own list from my tpprog but maybe im not using the right one? i have pvr 800 editer the open box stuff even the azbox stuff ? i edit the pids when dn has some freebie stuff i even made my own pids list for dn i can find hidden stuff by using all 38 pids on a tp and find hidden channel then add them to my list but i cant figure out this easy to add your own tp prog to this new s10 file?

el bandido
04-18-2012, 12:27 PM
You do not use TP_prog.dbs. Use the entire .abs file. Upload the entire .abs file from your Openbox that has your channel information that you want to transfer and I will see if I can install it in this file for you.

TunaDude
04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
i guess if you know how on what bandio said to add it then one could use there own channel list? i have 17 sats all ku aimed and would love to use that list and add it to this s 10 bin but like i said i dont know how ? i guess one could do it by hand load all the sats with there remote then save the list but then again how do you save the list on this new bin ?

dr.zin
04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
American sat list experiment.
load via rs232 loader,select upgrade mode and double click on the last menu choice which is userdb.
Userdb for this firmware is almost 2x the size of regular openbox,so you can't just load your old ones.
Reminds me of pansat 9500 size.
If you post your .udf (saved with loader in dump mode userdb only)I can try to find the appropriate channel editor
naturally after scanning your favorite sats.
Rare loader v2.0.0d I found yesterday.

el bandido
04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
i guess if you know how on what bandio said to add it then one could use there own channel list? i have 17 sats all ku aimed and would love to use that list and add it to this s 10 bin but like i said i dont know how ? i guess one could do it by hand load all the sats with there remote then save the list but then again how do you save the list on this new bin ?
Take your entire .ABS file from your Openbox that has the satellites you want to transfer and upload the file here. I will see if I can transfer it for you.

TunaDude
04-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Take your entire .ABS file from your Openbox that has the satellites you want to transfer and upload the file here. I will see if I can transfer it for you.

thanks for the offer bandido but that takes the fun out of it lol..... in learning and all i just would like to know how you can take this s 10 bin and add the tp like the way we do now/ or like you said use the edit program but i did do this so far....

after loading the s 10 bin i erased all the sats on there list from europe then added 10 of my 17 sats with the remote you cant type more than four letters/numbers for the sat names so i just did the number like 72w then again 72w ku did this for 10 sats set my setting ups wnet and did a blidscan of 99w ku left the 9 others set but not blindscanned..,

since you cant upload on this s10 bin from the box in the menu i thouhgt outside the box so to speak i used my pvr800 editor with my null r 232 cord and uploaded it from the open box (stb read) it had to be saved as the TP_prog.dbs. buts its the dump at first i thought it was the tp prog but its realy a dump the normal size of my tp_prog is 1mb and all the firmware we load is 4mb with this i figured it was a dump because this was 4mb so i re named what i got from the open box as HDS2_DUMP.abs and then loaded it to my usb stick and then i went to add it and sure enough i did it! i made me a dump now instead of all those european sats all i have is the 10 ones i made......

so if i can do this make my own dump by reading it from the open box and using it now i have made this s 10 with 10 of my own sats i made from adding them.....

so tell me what you would do if i sent you the HDS2_DUMP.abs how would you take out the tp program that 1.0mb and put it in the s 10 firmware? just sending it to you again takes the fun out of it...

and here is somthing amazing on 87w ku that spanish one that dont blind scan in 12011 v 2690 telmundo anyway no matter what firmware i use used on normal blind scan or accurate scan this one tp never blind scans WELL

THIS BIN DID! yes this one that i made from the s10 and added the ten sats one was 87w ku and low and behold it blindscanned it in on the regular blind scan ! didnt even try accurate scan! so if anything this bin has better blindscan features than any bin i can use ?

so who knows somone who can take some parts of this bin out and say keep the blindscan parts in tact and maybe add a 1080 i 60 and also make it do the dump and work like the way we use the usb now to add back your channel list??

im thinking this bin is a keeper and o yea blindscanning in either h or v is cool so if this can find the tp on 87w and no other firmware i have used does then this blindscan is better than most for the open box also since i have been blindscanning im finding it to find almost everything i would get where on other scans using my openbox on other firmware it would miss a few tp example 99w ku cbs news path after that tp 11792 11805v 11811v 11832v 11839 each was there on this s10 on others some would get most some would miss 11811 11832 anyway thank you dr z this bin is a pretty good find or am I being tunaobtuse? lol

dr.zin
04-18-2012, 06:02 PM
use the firmware loader in reverse,don't save using the channel editor.
Then edit using the channel editor on the .udf file

dr.zin
04-18-2012, 06:03 PM
.udf will be about 1.7meg vs the openbox 900k size.

el bandido
04-18-2012, 08:51 PM
thanks for the offer bandido but that takes the fun out of it lol..... in learning and all i just would like to know how you can take this s 10 bin and add the tp like the way we do now/ or like you said use the edit program but i did do this so far....
I have modified a lot of Openbox firmware files, so this is very easy for me. I would expect the entire .ABS transfer to work, but I will not know since you want to try it yourself.
You need an Ali .ABS editor such as the pvr800 editor. Remember there are two editors, one for .DBS and one for .ABS.

1. Dump the entire ABS file that has the satellite information you want to transfer.
2. Use an .ABS Ali editor such as the PVR 800 editor to open the the dumped .ABS file.
3. Click on File(F) in the top left corner of the editor and use Export to save the file as .ABS to the firmware you want the information transferred to.

dr.zin
04-19-2012, 06:05 AM
the user database files are different size,so I don't see how that is possible.

TunaDude
04-19-2012, 06:25 AM
Thank you el bandido and dr. zin i now have this s 10 bin loaded with my saved sat list your right bandido its was easy once you know how i figured it had somthing to do with the export function and all .

after loading this last night i didnt mess with it to much cause it was sleepy time but i noticed somthing thats odd...

on my own channel list i use i always start fresh each morning for blind scanning buy i leave all the dish hidden channels at the time on my usb and a few others like rtn on 83w the spanish telmundo on 87w ku the dn channel 100 anyway i noticed that the dn ones the hidden one that i added the pids to see them are scrambled but on the regular open box software there fine.....

I find my own hidden channel from dn by using the 38 pids in a list i made using 2 transponders i more or less improvise the transponder by one number so i can run throguh each channel with the remote and when i hit a hidden channel it will play and then i write down the pids and make the channel appear on my own saved list.... i know i lost many on this but when i made my list in the hunt for finding how many pids uses which was 38 reapeated over and over again i used many that i scanned in that were scrambled but even though it it scrambeld in my list as i go throuhg it i still get picture on the hidden channel cause its realy not scrambled

on this modded s10 bin i noticed with my list the scrambeld ones i had made show as scrambeld but there realy not....... so im gonna go make me another 38 pid list this time i will make it all by adding it in the editor then saving it this way no scrambled remnats should be there and this box will work on the hidden stuff again

also the scrambled message is kind of funny it shows an acces card chip and then the word scrambled

folks you to can make your own pid finder this also works for the hd channels same 38 pids just have to use the editor and put them all to h264 what im doing is changing the tp on the 2 tp i have saving it then running each channel as i go throuhg each channel once the right pid hits the right tp and there is somthing there i see it... we dont need mr jones from rick to find them anymore lol except the ones in turbo mode i cant see them but i bet if i made the same list it would also find the hidden pids for stuff like on 77w that needs that genpix stuff to see with the 5/8 fec etc....

i might make this newer version up today to see if i can beat the scrambled message but my guess it will work again thanks for showing me how to use the editor for the exporting of the list to the s 10 file el bandido and thanks dr z for finding this file im impressed with its blidscan speed and finding things that the regular firmware misses on regular s 9 s10 files.... ps i might make somthing for those who want to use my pid finder so they to can go and hunt on there own.........

Jim S.
04-19-2012, 07:12 PM
I decided to load it again on my S9 tonight just to see if I could verify the more accurate scanning of channels. I can't say that I can, but I think my dish is a bit out of alignment after having high winds all last week. I'm not missing any channels, but I'm starting to get bleedover of strong transponders from adjacent satellites (say, the Russian mux on 99 onto 97.)

What I did find, however, is that it scans all radio channels as TV channels. Also, I couldn't enter any letters into the satellite name field when adding satellites, only numbers. Finally, despite all the other new features of this firmware, it still does the same thing that the very first Solomend PVR-800 firmware did, namely, it makes you select between fixed and motorized dishes, with the result that you can't set any switch options if you select a motorized dish -- including forcing 22k on if you're using a universal LNB in the U.S.A. and want to cut down the scan time.

dr.zin
04-20-2012, 12:54 PM
the remote doesn't work 100%
I think it assumes if you have a motor you only have 1 dish 1 lnb and no diseqc.

TunaDude
04-20-2012, 11:31 PM
I can say for sure its a better blind scanner for me so far as i am gettin more out of the scans i aim at many ku sats that i scan each day the mains ones tha i scan are the ones where your gonna get feeds im finding a lot more hd fees now on 99w ku and 91 w ku id say you cant judge 97w in this and if your not on the money to start with with aiming as in best quailty not fair to judge to many here are only c band or dont bother with ku band like me i aim at so many ku sats on fixed dishes and i can see the improvments ...also where this blind scan is better is it dont seem to miss as an example i will use 72w ku with these tp 11705v 11711v 11717v 11723v 11728v lets say theses five are all active during the blindscan..

many times the regluar s9/s10 firmware we use will get 3 or 4 out of the 5 up there and you can go to your tp list see quailty after the blind scan on the one it missed and scan it in same thing for another ku sat like 99w right after cbs news path there is 11805 11811 11817 etc and it will skip some

but im finding as this modded bin from some other fta to fit the s10 in my case fit my s9 im getting all thatr are actrive and there not missing any of them.... if there is say five open tp on 72w and im blind scannin thery all come in i go back to the one i was using before called deep from 12 12 11 and 3 out of the five blind scan.... on 103w ku which has a lot avtive for feeds also all will scan in using this modded bin....

and on 87w i was never i mean never been able to blind scan in that one channel 12009h 2609 ktel no matter what firmwhare i used old new middle had to add it then scan the tp.. its not hidden just real tough to blind scan even on other boxs i own non hd but none will either even my traxis 3500 misses it which is rare...

i wish there was a way for this bin to read the dump throuhg the usb to save it and to add the channel list... like im use to

can use the r232 as only way to save your list but problems with the hidden chanels from dn as when you save the dump on the hidden ones all the audio has been changed to the same number on each channel and the come up scrambled

i used every editor i could find and each one did the same thing even the new pansat eiditor but on regular stuff you blind scan in on ku if you save the dumb its there no alteratons in pids anyway im happy finding more in my blind scans i wish i knew how to fix a few things with this bin but o well . ths bin needs the 1080 i fixed to be 1080i 60 there is no 50 0r 60 i see but it will work on 720p and many times if you go back and fourth from 720 to 1080 i in the menu screen it will paly on 1080 i picture and all............

one scary thing is i notice if i turn off the box using the remote and then try to tunr it back on it dont go back on lol you have to flip the switch in the back... id sure like to know what box this was before it was modded for the s10 reminds me a bit liek the traxis 3500 in ways and also the captive works line a bit but im talking sd boxs menus and all ... just remnids me a bit even the blindscan the way the traxis scannied in this modde s10 one reminds me when its finding them like one right after the other popping in..

dr.zin
04-21-2012, 11:48 AM
I tried to edit the remote table in firmware to get the buttons working,but it actually ended up worse.
I think you will just have to use a channel editor to add and edit sats.

dr.zin
04-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I still don't know if it will work on old s10 or s10 with other chip id's
Not getting any feedback.

el bandido
04-21-2012, 12:28 PM
All I get on A S12 is a black screen. Upload a dump that is set for NTSC and I will try it again on the S12.

The lights and everything works on the S12 so I think this file is really an Openbox beta file.There is no way to know for sure, but it runs on the box, the IR remote codes seem to be Openbox, and MST tools work on it so I think it was originally designed for the Openbox receiver. EB

dr.zin
04-21-2012, 12:42 PM
mst hoses on it,I have to extract maincode then embed in openbox to use the ali firmware tool on it.
To bail out I have to do the 3 finger salute.
The maincode starts at a different address than normal.I use it on an old tv so I don't know what default setting would work on hd.
Somebody said it was based on ariva 100,but that is a different bootloader.

el bandido
04-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Strange. It loaded right up on my MST. Perhaps we are using different versions?
Like I said earlier, upload a dump that does not give me a black screen and I will try it again on the S12. EB

TunaDude
04-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I dont have any trouble with the remote on mine can do pretty much what i would do with the other version of software except the menu is different where we use the upgrade guess more suited for a card? for our end we can only upgrade like they removed the dump opption ?

either way for me its fun to mess with although the picture quailty isnt up to par with the latest stuff out. and like i said you can kind of trick it into 1080 from 720 and all i wish is maybe off the wall question could the blind scan part of this somehow be copied to say another bin out now like peiced together?

out of all the ones i use i find the newest one named deep somting from 12/12/11 the best blind scan so far except for this one now.. id love to just take the one from this modded one and slap it on the deep bin ... ? and the h or v or both selection out of this modded bin and put it into the deep one...

maybe who ever the deep dude could take this one and do some surgery lol for us? maybe dr z knows how with that tool that has the millon boxs that open on desktop burying me lol i looked at it where do you start lol a file for everything

dr.zin
04-21-2012, 04:32 PM
openbox firmware is encrypted,the only other openbox firmware that was decrypted was old solomend that won't even boot on my s10 unless I take the tuner out.Unless you have the sourcecode,you are limited to copy/paste hacks that are pretty limited.

dr.zin
04-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I would just like to get the signal beep function and better pvr recording/playback.

dr.zin
04-22-2012, 10:17 AM
All I get on A S12 is a black screen. Upload a dump that is set for NTSC and I will try it again on the S12.

The lights and everything works on the S12 so I think this file is really an Openbox beta file.There is no way to know for sure, but it runs on the box, the IR remote codes seem to be Openbox, and MST tools work on it so I think it was originally designed for the Openbox receiver. EB
looks more like the manhattan,same bootloader but modded dvbs2---0.1.0
remote table can be cut and pasted in euro bins,so that wasn't a factor.

dr.zin
04-22-2012, 12:06 PM
the was another legal files only forum site that had an openbox firmware version last summer that had the network stuff stripped out.If they could do that they must know how to decrypt the maincode,I am not high enough on the food chain to post over there to ask about it.

dr.zin
04-22-2012, 07:22 PM
55555 on the info screen shows the otp data,the chip id is all zeroes which is the same symptom as old solomend firmware loaded on the s10.If it boots, the tuner and the s10 info screen shows all zeroes with solomend.I assume it only works on s9 and the old s10 that had a separate plugin board for ethernet.

mountaineer
05-02-2012, 09:31 AM
what program do you use to look decompress, look at, and edit this firmware? Thanks in advance.

dr.zin
05-02-2012, 12:29 PM
mst firmware tool to export the maincode then rename it to maincode.lzma
The file will start with 6c 00 00 80,then use 7-zip to decompress.
edit with any good hex editor.

dr.zin
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM
the full ritual is as follows:
export maincode to any other openbox firmware and use ali firmware tool 1.4b(old) to extract and decompress.Leave the ali tool open and use another hex editor to edit.After editing use ali firmware tool to recompress and reinsert into the openbox firmware.Use mst firmware tool to import back into the foreign firmware for loading on the openbox.
Easy as pie.Maincode word in firmware must be in lowercase "maincode" or ali firmware tool will burp and give error 13.
The file you open must have a short name,I usually rename the file to s10test.abs or similar.

dr.zin
05-02-2012, 12:39 PM
so far the tuner only works on an s9 and the video is yuv pal only.
I feed the composite video into a dvd recorder,which converts to ntsc.

Dansk69
05-11-2012, 04:37 AM
hi, do you think it could be modded to add the option to get EPG from DN channels? it would be pretty groovy to get those hidden channels with their own EPG or even to just use it as a kind of tvguide for whenever we dont have internet because when i am at the farm which is 7 months of the year i dont have internet but i do have a bulk of fta channels like fox, abc, nbc, cw, without epg and getting it off a DN dish hooked up would be awesome.

thanks

dr.zin
05-11-2012, 10:11 AM
I believe you would need the sourcecode for a mod of that nature,which we don't have.Dish always used an oddball format for their epg.

dr.zin
08-28-2012, 09:47 PM
finally got the tuner to work in my s10,I was using the sat/channel list that came with it and just editing the 30w sat,which didn't work.Once I loaded my sat list(not easy,since the default one is 1.7meg instead of 917k) the tuner worked.
I feed it into a dvd recorder which converts pal to ntsc,so pal only output isn't a factor.They say the menus look like s16,but I don't have one to verify.Sys info screen 55555 shows otp config data and says m3601e alaa which is weird.

dr.zin
08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
the s10 is semi wasted from the aug 1st firmware so I have the protection ic disconnected.That is why the maldives file works now,it had nothing to do with the channel list.The maldives firmware in my new s10 doesn't work,same problem as originally- tuner doesn't work.The maldives firmware must be for s9, or s10 clones.

dr.zin
09-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I know they don't like the "M" word here,but that firmware works with the prot ic disconnected and the option is there to blindscan just v or h.
The info button on a channel you are watching will tell the type of modulation, ie dvb-s or dvb-s2
It has the signal beep function for aiming but like other euro firmware you either have to be motorized or fixed dish,not both at the same time.And you can't get rid of the banner at the bottom of the screen when playing recordings.

TunaDude
09-11-2012, 11:12 AM
yes that firmware has the option of blind scannin in h or v or both and on my s 9 it dont show if its a sd or hd channel ? its blank

when i hit info no info tellin you about what type of channel like the open box shows? of course im not using this on the s 10 like you

and this part you wrote dr z

firmware works with the prot ic disconnected and the option no cappish? you cut somthing on your board i guess and now your s 10 plays this firmware? and the manhattan i dont think this is a manhattan rather a alma 2200 modded into the s10

dr.zin
09-11-2012, 01:28 PM
I removed the resistors in series with pins 5 and 6 of the prot ic,effectively isolating it from the i2c bus.Then I went through my collection of firmwares to see what would boot and what tuners would work.The ones that did work were the ones that booted before but the tuner was dead,the signal strength was always 35% with coax connected or not.So far the only prob with the M firmware is no display.

dr.zin
09-11-2012, 01:30 PM
the change mac firmware tuner wouldn't work until I removed the resistors.
The change mac bootloader is 2x the normal size for some reason.

TunaDude
09-11-2012, 02:41 PM
so your trying other ali type stuff on your open box to see whats what? other firmware like the manhat on your open box?

or im not getting ya and if i am getting ya could you try to boot the micro stuff on the open box? or thats what the m is lol and you dont mean manhat we should call you dr open box dr zin lol

dr.zin
09-11-2012, 07:31 PM
manhat is the closest yet to openbox s10 for getting mine working again(firmware that is)