1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    Hey Mr Power Surge,

Since you are on this board tonight, how about explaining what I asked earlier in the thread. You seem to have skipped over it.

You promised the miniMe would work out of the box.
    You promised the issues would be fixed.
    You promise a lot, but don't deliver.
    Our dealers have sold several miniMe American Edition units and have generally received positive feedback from their customers. It does work out of the box for North American use as long as it is properly configured. The only systems it won't work with at the moment are those using bandstacked LNBF's which we publicly stated in the review we did on another discussion forum before the unit was even launched so there should be no surprises there. However, we will be adding support for bandstacked LNBF's in the near future with a firmware update.

Since we released the miniMe back in late November of last year, we have released 4 firmware updates so far (i.e. versions 1.10, 1.15, 1.17 and 1.20) which means an average of two firmware updates per month so far for the miniMe. This is pretty good considering the fact that we also had to deal with the Premium HD Plus clones issue and had the Christmas holidays during the same time period. As you know, there is no receiver out there in the market which was released with perfect firmware from day one but we at AzBox Canada are committed in bringing the very best FTA receiver for hobbyists in the North American market.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Last edited by pwrsurge; 02-11-2013 at 08:34 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    That's all well and good,, but this will not help innocent people who have bought a clone unknown to them and now have a dead box.
    As stated, we are assisting victims who got tricked into purchasing a clone in getting their money back through various means such as filing a fraud complaint with their credit card company. Fortunately, all the victims who contacted us so far used their credit card to purchase the counterfeit unit and some of them even already got their money back from their credit card company. This is the easiest way for full restitution but there is a time limit that people have to file a complaint like this (usually 6 months) which is why it's important that anyone who suspects having purchased an AzBox clone get in touch with us ASAP in order to get their unit analysed.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Last edited by pwrsurge; 02-11-2013 at 08:40 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrsurge View Post
    As stated, there are other differences as well but we won't post them publicly in order to avoid them being corrected in the next clone version.
    In addition to the physical differences, the serial number of each counterfeit unit being analysed was checked with OpenSat who confirmed that they are invalid.

If you look at any genuine AzBox Premium HD Plus unit, I can guarantee you that you won't be able to find one with the ventilation holes like the counterfeit units have.

Regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    Uh, how are they cloning these units at all if they haven't gotten there hands on a "legitimate" unit?

Also, any counterfeiter could purchase a unit to copy.

By not releasing any info you are, again, going after the end user who will probably go out and purchase another clone.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was seriously considering an AzBox product for 4:2:2, the Premium Plus I think . After reading this thread and searching online I wouldn't get involved with any of this nonsense surrounding AzBox.

Follow the appropriate legal and diplomatic channels like others do.

If you're spending this much time on something like this, in such a manner, who is promoting, selling and servicing your product?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrsurge View Post
    As stated, we are assisting victims who got tricked into purchasing a clone in getting their money back through various means such as filing a fraud complaint with their credit card company. Fortunately, all the victims who contacted us so far used their credit card to purchase the counterfeit unit and some of them even already got their money back from their credit card company. This is the easiest way for full restitution but there is a time limit that people have to file a complaint like this (usually 6 months) which is why it's important that anyone who suspects having purchased an AzBox clone get in touch with us ASAP in order to get their unit analysed.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
    AzBox Canada
    With limited sales answers like this, it's plain to see why we have very few azbox discussions or members who own one or want to own one here at LegitFTA.

4:2:2 is the only claim to fame of this overpriced box, you may state we have put out x amount of files in a certain time period, but IF they don't fix what needs fixed it's all smoke and mirrors.

See the attached pdf for your consideration. since you did not want to..

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    WorldWideSatellites is finally responding to these false accusations. We want to clear the air, all our AZbox premium HD Plus are 100% original. A particular Retail Vendor is bashing Canadian dealers in order to gain more sales themselves. This is a dirty business strategy and currently were pursuing legal action against this individual. To read more details check out Rick Caylor Forum or worldwidesatellites blog.

Regards,

WorldWideSatellites

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see this getting cleared up. So is Worldwidesatellites purchasing their units from Rick?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by x302 View Post
    Glad to see this getting cleared up. So is Worldwidesatellites purchasing their units from Rick?
    Yes, all our stock is coming from Rick Caylor.

"Rick Caylor is a stand up individual and conducts a very professional business. WorldWideSatellites was referred to Rick Caylor from Azbox.com early 2012. From the first transaction to our most recent transaction the service has always been top notch. Fast Shipping, Helpful for technical issues, Installs latest stable factory firmware prior to shipping, Pre-tests each box prior to shipping and provides a master list of serial numbers on each invoice. We don’t get this type of service from any other supplier. We’ve purchased all our Azboxes from Rick Caylor and have no doubts about its authenticity."

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooops, clicked one too many there, sorry.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok i had not seen this, after reading all this, i will say this to opensat, DO NOT KILL THE CLONED RECIVERS, you can setup the firmware
    so it dont load on a cloned reciver and you will have no problem with me, if you kill the cloned recivers then we have a problem, i will find
    and remove your clone kill code and i will post a how to recover the cloned reciver.
    YOU KNOW WHO I AM AND YOU KNOW I CAN AND WILL.
    thanks

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast