Thread: E2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    That's not the clearest batch of instructions I've ever seen... Nothing to do with Linux though.

Back when I first became aware of the possibility of running E2 (at that time, a version for a different brand of receiver that was apparently the same hardware) on the Anaconda and Gekko, the instructions that I found involved using a loader program like this to upgrade the receiver's boot code over the serial port. When the "official" E2 files for those receivers appeared on this board, however, the instructions claimed that they could be upgraded via USB.

Now, these instructions for the Raptor DO confuse me. They're saying that you need to run a program to upgrade it over the serial port, but they're also saying to put the new boot code on a USB stick! Not having a Raptor, I can only wonder if perhaps the Raptor needs to be told via a serial loader program to look for new code on the USB stick, whereas the Anaconda/Gecko will do if if you hold down a button at boot time.

Then again, it could just be a case of poor documentation writing / translation...

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim

I guess I'll wait for some one else to load there Raptor and hopefully clear up this confusion. I have to pickup a null modem cable anyway. I was hoping we wouldn't need the cable and just load via usb.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I am going to tell you what I did step by step. I don't know If it will work, but it's worth a try.

save all your channel data into a USB stick.
    Do a clean install( reinstall the optibox firmware).
    When the reciever reboots, turn it off from the back switch.
    Make sure that every USB port on the box is free( don't have anything connected ).

For the loader installation:

Insert the USB stick (with the loader file) into the one of the USB port (I always use the front).
    Press and hold the " channel up" Botton in front of the receiver , then turn on the power switch on the back. Keep holding the channe up Botton until the "scan" message appears. If this will work, it will take few seconds and then you will see the word
    "end" blinking. Turn the box off and on again. At this point, When the receiver reboots you should see 6.26 on The front panel.

Now, turn the receiver off again from the back switch.
    This time, insert the USB stick with the E2 program.
    Hold the "channel down Botton" while you turn the back power switch on.
    Keep holding the down Botton until you see "scan" on the front panel. If this works, then you will see the following words displayed on them panel: " Ld", "boot".
    After this you will see the Enigma logo on the HDTV screen . It will disappeare and then you will have a blank screen.

Now look at the front of the box, you will see the letters. C, S, H. Being displayed. if you have the receiver connected through Hdmi , when you see the letter H displayed, press the "O.K" Botton on the remote, and you should see the menu on the screen.

Gook luck!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What they are wanting you to do is pretty simple.
    Connect to the receiver using the RS232 port.
    Use the PKT loader to prepare the receiver for the boot loader upgrade
    Upgrade the receiver's boot loader by inserting an usb stick with the upgrade file on it into the receiver.

I cannot get very far with this upgrade. I can connect to the receiver with the RS232 and get the PKT loader to lock the receiver in boot, but that is as far as it goes.
    Hopefully more information will be available on this tomorrow. The idea is to have E2 run on the usb stick. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    eastof111 be a bit patient for the E2 more clarifications are needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12